Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Coliseum "Fight On" Button - Hotkey
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
TL;DR Higher Accessibility,
Decreased Annoyance Suggestions

A short list of points mentioned in this thread (related to hotkeys)

• Hotkey for the "Fight On" button
    • The space bar would be a good and convenient choice
    • This could also be tied to the "Continue" button after being defeated
  • Ability to change hotkeys
    • A simple right-handed/left-handed toggle would also help wonders

So, we have hotkeys now. This sounded like a god-send to me. As someone with chronic pain, being able to rest my active mouse hand and lay down, playing with one hand and minimally move while I type, is wonderful. But every fight has to be clicked for, which prevents me from leaving the mouse.

On top of this, it's just plain annoying for typical users.

The current hotkeys are helpful. I love them. It causes me less wrist pain. But this could be made a lot better by hotkeying the Fight button.

Since this is a common argument: I'm going to give the staff the benefit of the doubt and assume they did their research on botting, and that anti-botting was not the intent.

If the intention is to reduce botting, then we not only have a horribly inaccessible captcha, but clicking in a single, non-moving spot is one of the easiest functions for a bot to emulate, no joke. There is no reason to keep this click-only. Combining it with keys does not make it harder.

Would also like to clarify that this is not a discussion on the captcha. Please discuss that in the designated threads for it. The main one is here.

TL;DR Higher Accessibility,
Decreased Annoyance Suggestions

A short list of points mentioned in this thread (related to hotkeys)

• Hotkey for the "Fight On" button
    • The space bar would be a good and convenient choice
    • This could also be tied to the "Continue" button after being defeated
  • Ability to change hotkeys
    • A simple right-handed/left-handed toggle would also help wonders

So, we have hotkeys now. This sounded like a god-send to me. As someone with chronic pain, being able to rest my active mouse hand and lay down, playing with one hand and minimally move while I type, is wonderful. But every fight has to be clicked for, which prevents me from leaving the mouse.

On top of this, it's just plain annoying for typical users.

The current hotkeys are helpful. I love them. It causes me less wrist pain. But this could be made a lot better by hotkeying the Fight button.

Since this is a common argument: I'm going to give the staff the benefit of the doubt and assume they did their research on botting, and that anti-botting was not the intent.

If the intention is to reduce botting, then we not only have a horribly inaccessible captcha, but clicking in a single, non-moving spot is one of the easiest functions for a bot to emulate, no joke. There is no reason to keep this click-only. Combining it with keys does not make it harder.

Would also like to clarify that this is not a discussion on the captcha. Please discuss that in the designated threads for it. The main one is here.

eZCszQ2.png1GLQpTC.pngV4alZnn.png
Omg so much support, I know its been suggested before, but I'll always support it. That one freaking mouse click is the only reason I dont switch over fully to keybinding.
Omg so much support, I know its been suggested before, but I'll always support it. That one freaking mouse click is the only reason I dont switch over fully to keybinding.
#UnnamedIsValid
Unnamed dragons need love too! There is no shame in having unnamed permas, having dragons with unnamed parents and/or offspring, or exalting unnamed dragons! Leaving dragons unnamed is a perfectly valid playstyle!

she/her or they/them
[quote name="Medenadragon" date="2018-08-17 21:02:45" ] Omg so much support, I know its been suggested before, but I'll always support it. That one freaking mouse click is the only reason I dont switch over fully to keybinding. [/quote] I'm glad I bumped the topic, then! I got riled up reading about the captcha after I was having health problems again, and remembered to actually post about this. Which is such a simple fix.
Medenadragon wrote on 2018-08-17 21:02:45:

I'm glad I bumped the topic, then! I got riled up reading about the captcha after I was having health problems again, and remembered to actually post about this. Which is such a simple fix.
I would love to be able to keep fighting without having to click. I don't have chronic wrist pain but I work a labor intensive job that requires I use my mouse-arm a lot and it really hurts sometimes to coli. Having to do that one click makes it hard to rest my arm.

I'd also like to add that I'd like to have the option to turn the captcha off or greatly reduce its frequency. I hate it.
I would love to be able to keep fighting without having to click. I don't have chronic wrist pain but I work a labor intensive job that requires I use my mouse-arm a lot and it really hurts sometimes to coli. Having to do that one click makes it hard to rest my arm.

I'd also like to add that I'd like to have the option to turn the captcha off or greatly reduce its frequency. I hate it.
My Nuzlocke!
Seeking Marriage Prospects
Support, support, SUPPORT!!

I hate having to keep using my mouse or trackpad on my laptop. It makes no sense not to hotkey the entire coliseum even.

The captcha is another issue entirely OML I hate the dumb pictures they use even though they did a good job with parts of it it does need re-working no matter how stuck up they are about it.
Support, support, SUPPORT!!

I hate having to keep using my mouse or trackpad on my laptop. It makes no sense not to hotkey the entire coliseum even.

The captcha is another issue entirely OML I hate the dumb pictures they use even though they did a good job with parts of it it does need re-working no matter how stuck up they are about it.
809PcaV.png Introverted
Observant
Thinking
Judging
Assertive
floating_hearts_ace_by_awesomewaffle11-dczfieo.gif
#UnamedisValid
TrydZDi.png
WKtl2lb.png

pyAp3dI.png
HjfaxvA.png
I've supported this before, and I support this now. It's a quality of life thing that we need and should have been included in the Coli rewrite from the get-go.
I've supported this before, and I support this now. It's a quality of life thing that we need and should have been included in the Coli rewrite from the get-go.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
@PossessedFae @SilentFlame (sorry for the ping gemajgall)
fyi for the main thread I see: http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/sug/2373235
(Page 21 has a mod response, though it was from late March)

I made a separate thread here because I didn't notice this part being addressed enough. Bump these both! (civilly)
@PossessedFae @SilentFlame (sorry for the ping gemajgall)
fyi for the main thread I see: http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/sug/2373235
(Page 21 has a mod response, though it was from late March)

I made a separate thread here because I didn't notice this part being addressed enough. Bump these both! (civilly)
Yuuuuus
Yuuuuus
tumblr_pt3k6kp4CW1tesnpoo2_75sq.gif573Ze2b.giftumblr_pt3k6kp4CW1tesnpoo2_75sq.gif
I don't like having to take my fingers off the keyboard.
I don't like having to take my fingers off the keyboard.
tumblr_pt3k6kp4CW1tesnpoo2_75sq.gif573Ze2b.giftumblr_pt3k6kp4CW1tesnpoo2_75sq.gif
I would love this! Having to click the next battle button kind of defeats the purpose of using keyboard controls for me, and this would make fighting so much easier.
I would love this! Having to click the next battle button kind of defeats the purpose of using keyboard controls for me, and this would make fighting so much easier.
79645518.png81164874.png81260751.png81324635.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7