Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Allow accents when naming dragons
1 2
I know this isn’t a major problem but I find it really annoying when I find a name that suits my dragon and has the meaning to back it up only to find that I can’t name my dragon that because of the accent.

For example, my dragon Li’s name was supposed to Lí but I couldn’t name her that and had to take the accent off. There are multiple meanings behind this name with different accents and the meaning behind it could be something entirely different then what I named her for.

I know it’s only a minor thing but I think it’s worth changing :3
I know this isn’t a major problem but I find it really annoying when I find a name that suits my dragon and has the meaning to back it up only to find that I can’t name my dragon that because of the accent.

For example, my dragon Li’s name was supposed to Lí but I couldn’t name her that and had to take the accent off. There are multiple meanings behind this name with different accents and the meaning behind it could be something entirely different then what I named her for.

I know it’s only a minor thing but I think it’s worth changing :3
lN2Q13f.png
PLEase my boy Santé needs his name right
PLEase my boy Santé needs his name right
25781.png xxxFramexxx
xMarley
They/he/she
Wishlist
x NXDDrCY.gif
Accents can allow banned words in so many ways :/
QmA8loc.gif HMjulZ.jpg NywvZd5.gif
Supporting it anyways. People are not using accents to get past the forum filters, so I think they'd mostly be mature enough to not do it in dragon names either. This site does, after all, have an age limit.
Supporting it anyways. People are not using accents to get past the forum filters, so I think they'd mostly be mature enough to not do it in dragon names either. This site does, after all, have an age limit.
66MHIIb.png
I will always support suggestions for adding accents, spaces, etc. to names. A lot of my dragons need accents in their name D: [quote name="Saphirosa" date="2018-08-14 10:29:40" ] Accents can allow banned words in so many ways :/ [/quote] People that want to get around the filter already do. It’s the responsibility of other players to report it when they see it. I don’t think the possibility of someone breaking the rules should really be the reason this doesn’t get implemented. Especially since the people who would do this are probably doing it already
I will always support suggestions for adding accents, spaces, etc. to names. A lot of my dragons need accents in their name D:
Saphirosa wrote on 2018-08-14 10:29:40:
People that want to get around the filter already do. It’s the responsibility of other players to report it when they see it. I don’t think the possibility of someone breaking the rules should really be the reason this doesn’t get implemented. Especially since the people who would do this are probably doing it already
hatcherysig_by_darthyoda42-dclux4n.png
Support. As someone who frequently uses words from other languages as names It would be nice to actually have the correct spelling.
Support. As someone who frequently uses words from other languages as names It would be nice to actually have the correct spelling.
Yes please, as well as the other things Antimoany stated. People being jerks doesnt mean the rest of us should be punished.
Yes please, as well as the other things Antimoany stated. People being jerks doesnt mean the rest of us should be punished.
#UnnamedIsValid
Unnamed dragons need love too! There is no shame in having unnamed permas, having dragons with unnamed parents and/or offspring, or exalting unnamed dragons! Leaving dragons unnamed is a perfectly valid playstyle!

she/her or they/them
[quote name="Saphirosa" date="2018-08-14 10:29:40" ] Accents can allow banned words in so many ways :/ [/quote] Allowing accented letters doesn't mean removing the penalty for using inappropriate names :D even now, account actions are taken when players go around the word filter. Besides the banned word filter is constantly being changed, and depending on how they have it set up, they could always just add the accented letters in as wildcard substitutions, so that the filter would essentially stay the same :D
Saphirosa wrote on 2018-08-14 10:29:40:

Allowing accented letters doesn't mean removing the penalty for using inappropriate names :D even now, account actions are taken when players go around the word filter.
Besides the banned word filter is constantly being changed, and depending on how they have it set up, they could always just add the accented letters in as wildcard substitutions, so that the filter would essentially stay the same :D
Support! I have a dragon named Jalapeño but since I can't use the tilde I always read it as Jalapenno ;_;
Support! I have a dragon named Jalapeño but since I can't use the tilde I always read it as Jalapenno ;_;
this would be a pretty good idea, as well as single letter names, but I don't think I'd support numbers, personally
this would be a pretty good idea, as well as single letter names, but I don't think I'd support numbers, personally
the "reptilian" in my name only has one l
1 2