Suggestions
Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Awakened Familiars bonding buff
There've been a million takes on this- basic problem is that 50t is not worth the time of a button press if it's not working towards something.

My suggestion is that every day, Awakened familiars have a low (1%?) chance of adding a single additional item to their bonding loot, pulling from the Gilded Chest loot table. It wouldn't be every day- but it'd have a chance of happening every day, and that little nice surprise could brighten peoples' day a bit. Why just one thing? Because it could in theory happen multiple days in a row instead of a guaranteed one after x amount of days, and this shouldn't be overpowered.

Alternately, the little bar could stay at the same amount of days as to unlock Awakened and grant a Gilded Chest when it filled, but... where's the fun in that?

Thoughts/feedback?
There've been a million takes on this- basic problem is that 50t is not worth the time of a button press if it's not working towards something.

My suggestion is that every day, Awakened familiars have a low (1%?) chance of adding a single additional item to their bonding loot, pulling from the Gilded Chest loot table. It wouldn't be every day- but it'd have a chance of happening every day, and that little nice surprise could brighten peoples' day a bit. Why just one thing? Because it could in theory happen multiple days in a row instead of a guaranteed one after x amount of days, and this shouldn't be overpowered.

Alternately, the little bar could stay at the same amount of days as to unlock Awakened and grant a Gilded Chest when it filled, but... where's the fun in that?

Thoughts/feedback?
wind_rune_100x100.png ooooooo.
FQszN.gif E9jvm.gif AN7ma.gif XXn3f.gif h1Sps.gif
FR Time +0
Ping me for stuff I gotta see!
Formerly ScienceGal8
1sZoO26.png
I believe there was a popular suggestion a while back for them to (rarely) drop gilded chests- either that or an item from their loot table would be cool.

1% sounds like fair odds to me- that means if you bond with 100 familiars you have a good chance of getting an extra item.
I believe there was a popular suggestion a while back for them to (rarely) drop gilded chests- either that or an item from their loot table would be cool.

1% sounds like fair odds to me- that means if you bond with 100 familiars you have a good chance of getting an extra item.
How long does it take to go from second-last bonding tier to Awakened?

30 days or so, perhaps a little more, right?

So, every 30-35-40 days, you should get another gilded chest from it.

I'm not keen on it being random, because some people are just luckier than others.
How long does it take to go from second-last bonding tier to Awakened?

30 days or so, perhaps a little more, right?

So, every 30-35-40 days, you should get another gilded chest from it.

I'm not keen on it being random, because some people are just luckier than others.
Oh, that sounds ilke a good idea! It always bums me out that there's no good reason to keep awakened familiars with their owners.
Oh, that sounds ilke a good idea! It always bums me out that there's no good reason to keep awakened familiars with their owners.
Dingus/18/Lesbian

I love The Elder Scrolls and TES lore so please, please feel free to PM me if you're into that too!! I'm always looking for new nerds to talk at and be talked at. :P
I think even a 1% odd is pretty high considering players can have up to 200 dragons (with hopefully more soon). If a player had 200 perma dragons and each had an awakened familiar, that would be an average of two gilded chests that player would earn a day--that would add up really quickly and have negative economic impacts when you consider how many players would get gilded chests.

So I'm not going to say support or no support. But I do think that it needs to be less than 1% because of math.
I think even a 1% odd is pretty high considering players can have up to 200 dragons (with hopefully more soon). If a player had 200 perma dragons and each had an awakened familiar, that would be an average of two gilded chests that player would earn a day--that would add up really quickly and have negative economic impacts when you consider how many players would get gilded chests.

So I'm not going to say support or no support. But I do think that it needs to be less than 1% because of math.
Please, please don't ping me.

All dreams are but another reality. Don't forget.
Gemajgall, it's not a Gilded Chest, just an item found in one. A familiar, an apparel piece... not the treasure or gems? If the treasure or gem buff was wanted to be included, I'd make it a smaller amount... and again, you only would get one thing, be it item/bonus treasure/bonus gems. Not four things like an actual chest. And yeah, I was thinking 1% might be slightly high as well, but it's easier for people to know about how likely that is than if I gave some random real tiny number.

I suggested randomness just because it'd be similar to fodder training- sometimes you get one or two gems from that, and it's super nice, but you can never really expect it to happen/... although, fodder training is also more intrinsically "worth it" than familiar bonding because the effort expended nets greater rewards- in the time it takes me to bond with my lair of about a hundred dragons, I can train like, four dragons up to level six and earn 11kt instead of 5kt (assuming a 7kt fodder floor and average payouts), so that might not be the best example.
Gemajgall, it's not a Gilded Chest, just an item found in one. A familiar, an apparel piece... not the treasure or gems? If the treasure or gem buff was wanted to be included, I'd make it a smaller amount... and again, you only would get one thing, be it item/bonus treasure/bonus gems. Not four things like an actual chest. And yeah, I was thinking 1% might be slightly high as well, but it's easier for people to know about how likely that is than if I gave some random real tiny number.

I suggested randomness just because it'd be similar to fodder training- sometimes you get one or two gems from that, and it's super nice, but you can never really expect it to happen/... although, fodder training is also more intrinsically "worth it" than familiar bonding because the effort expended nets greater rewards- in the time it takes me to bond with my lair of about a hundred dragons, I can train like, four dragons up to level six and earn 11kt instead of 5kt (assuming a 7kt fodder floor and average payouts), so that might not be the best example.
wind_rune_100x100.png ooooooo.
FQszN.gif E9jvm.gif AN7ma.gif XXn3f.gif h1Sps.gif
FR Time +0
Ping me for stuff I gotta see!
Formerly ScienceGal8
1sZoO26.png