Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Auction House Gene Exclusion
I think about this every time I go into the auction house, If I ever want to search for a dragon with a primary gene such as Petals or Poison, for the secondary I have to manually select every other gene except Butterfly/Toxin to avoid getting the same old petalfly/poitox/etc. dragons...

As someone who really prefers XYZ color mismatched-gene dragons it'd be nice if there was some sort of option to exclude matching primary/secondaries or at least exclude specific genes from search so I don't have to manually select all but the like, 3 genes I don't have any interest in.

Browsing the auction house would be a lot more enticing if I could exclude matching primary/secondaries altogether and have a search set for XYZ color, non-matching gened dragons so I could avoid pages upon pages of Petalfly/irishimmer/poitox/skinkspinner dragons when I love most of those genes individually.
I think about this every time I go into the auction house, If I ever want to search for a dragon with a primary gene such as Petals or Poison, for the secondary I have to manually select every other gene except Butterfly/Toxin to avoid getting the same old petalfly/poitox/etc. dragons...

As someone who really prefers XYZ color mismatched-gene dragons it'd be nice if there was some sort of option to exclude matching primary/secondaries or at least exclude specific genes from search so I don't have to manually select all but the like, 3 genes I don't have any interest in.

Browsing the auction house would be a lot more enticing if I could exclude matching primary/secondaries altogether and have a search set for XYZ color, non-matching gened dragons so I could avoid pages upon pages of Petalfly/irishimmer/poitox/skinkspinner dragons when I love most of those genes individually.
I ran into a situation where I could have used this yesterday - I wanted to find a Tundra that didn't have Poison, Pinstripe, Metallic, Petals, Shimmer, or Wasp. Would have been easier to do this than pick all the other genes, especially since the list was the same for the secondary. Though there are a lot of options for dragon searching already and I'm concerned adding exclude options for genes/colors might make the page too cluttered, I'd definitely use it.
I ran into a situation where I could have used this yesterday - I wanted to find a Tundra that didn't have Poison, Pinstripe, Metallic, Petals, Shimmer, or Wasp. Would have been easier to do this than pick all the other genes, especially since the list was the same for the secondary. Though there are a lot of options for dragon searching already and I'm concerned adding exclude options for genes/colors might make the page too cluttered, I'd definitely use it.
tumblr_inline_omxl63fueX1s9ucgw_500.gif
XPDxt22.png
@Rocinante

I think this best way to go about this would be to set the color pattern to XYZ, Set the Genes you want, then Save the search so you don't have the problem of putting them all in every single time.
@Rocinante

I think this best way to go about this would be to set the color pattern to XYZ, Set the Genes you want, then Save the search so you don't have the problem of putting them all in every single time.
m91xEaw.png
@Laluzi I'd think one last drop box wouldn't overclutter it too badly but I get the worry, especially with a new one already just added with the eye types. I do wish specialized gene searching was easier, though. @Mihaellawliet That's true and works to a degree, but I guess my specific problem is I like broad searches so I can search for interesting dragons that pique my interest without having to re-search gene-by gene if I happen to like both Petals and Butterfly, but not both of them together. (An example of my mess of a search I have saved.) [img]https://i.gyazo.com/1a0fbd878fb588249cf16f3642d4a324.png[/img]
@Laluzi I'd think one last drop box wouldn't overclutter it too badly but I get the worry, especially with a new one already just added with the eye types. I do wish specialized gene searching was easier, though.

@Mihaellawliet That's true and works to a degree, but I guess my specific problem is I like broad searches so I can search for interesting dragons that pique my interest without having to re-search gene-by gene if I happen to like both Petals and Butterfly, but not both of them together. (An example of my mess of a search I have saved.)

1a0fbd878fb588249cf16f3642d4a324.png
@Rocinante

I got'cha. Though I worry since they have the save function that the staff probably won't implement this idea. Since you could just save a few search options and just click each one individually to check them all. I'll say support, but I'm not sure if the staff will take interest in it unfortunately.
@Rocinante

I got'cha. Though I worry since they have the save function that the staff probably won't implement this idea. Since you could just save a few search options and just click each one individually to check them all. I'll say support, but I'm not sure if the staff will take interest in it unfortunately.
m91xEaw.png
@Mihaellawliet Yeah I figured it's a long shot, especially since I searched and didn't see much talk about this post-AH revamp which is a shame. ): The revamp is definitely still a lifesaver but a tiny change like that would mean the world to me, haha. Thank you!
@Mihaellawliet Yeah I figured it's a long shot, especially since I searched and didn't see much talk about this post-AH revamp which is a shame. ): The revamp is definitely still a lifesaver but a tiny change like that would mean the world to me, haha. Thank you!
@Rocinante

Well, I'll still wish you luck as it is annoying to me as well to mainly see all these dragons with matching gene combinations when you're looking for dragons that are unique. What if I want a dragon with Metallic and Bee, but if I search for that and Wasp because I love Wasp, all I'm ever going to see are pages upon pages of Wasp/Bee dragons. It would be easier to be able to label combinations you don't want to load up on the list.
@Rocinante

Well, I'll still wish you luck as it is annoying to me as well to mainly see all these dragons with matching gene combinations when you're looking for dragons that are unique. What if I want a dragon with Metallic and Bee, but if I search for that and Wasp because I love Wasp, all I'm ever going to see are pages upon pages of Wasp/Bee dragons. It would be easier to be able to label combinations you don't want to load up on the list.
m91xEaw.png
I want exclusion for EVERYTHING because right now I'm trying my hardest to avoid light and water eyes because of how many I already have but selecting all but those eyes is really tedious.
I want exclusion for EVERYTHING because right now I'm trying my hardest to avoid light and water eyes because of how many I already have but selecting all but those eyes is really tedious.