Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Colored Contacts Apparel
1 2
So my suggestion is that they have colored contact options for dragons...so like if I have a Nature baby but want them to have red eyes, then I buy some red contacts for them (even though they're still registered to the nature flight). My reasoning behind this is it takes so long with breeding to get the perfect dragon, and if their eyes clash, it's super frustrating!! Or with fandragons, for example- I have the perfect Gambit fandragon, but the eyes are the wrong color and it annoys me to no end. So yeah, that's my basic idea. Thoughts?
So my suggestion is that they have colored contact options for dragons...so like if I have a Nature baby but want them to have red eyes, then I buy some red contacts for them (even though they're still registered to the nature flight). My reasoning behind this is it takes so long with breeding to get the perfect dragon, and if their eyes clash, it's super frustrating!! Or with fandragons, for example- I have the perfect Gambit fandragon, but the eyes are the wrong color and it annoys me to no end. So yeah, that's my basic idea. Thoughts?
Mason | 20 | They/Them | FR +0

NCEjAiK.png tuDXykQ.png JxINBic.png
Eh. I definitely sympathize with this, I have a lot of wrong-eyed dragons, but it's not something I expect to happen. It kind of horns in on what the new eye update brought, and I think the Marva eyes are as close as we're going to get to contacts.

I've just learned to be pickier when buying fandragons, and wait for the right eye color to come along instead of just grabbing the gene colors. If it's a really rare color combo, hunt two parents and then ask a member of X flight to breed a nest for you.
Eh. I definitely sympathize with this, I have a lot of wrong-eyed dragons, but it's not something I expect to happen. It kind of horns in on what the new eye update brought, and I think the Marva eyes are as close as we're going to get to contacts.

I've just learned to be pickier when buying fandragons, and wait for the right eye color to come along instead of just grabbing the gene colors. If it's a really rare color combo, hunt two parents and then ask a member of X flight to breed a nest for you.
tumblr_inline_omxl63fueX1s9ucgw_500.gif
XPDxt22.png
I support colored contact apparel! However, I don't support flight colored contacts. Other random color contacts would be great but not other flight colors. That dragon isn't of plague and should not have plague colored eyes if its a nature dragon. But if you wanted the dragon to have say black eyes, that would be fine.

I'm not sure they will do contacts though since they've released eye types.
I support colored contact apparel! However, I don't support flight colored contacts. Other random color contacts would be great but not other flight colors. That dragon isn't of plague and should not have plague colored eyes if its a nature dragon. But if you wanted the dragon to have say black eyes, that would be fine.

I'm not sure they will do contacts though since they've released eye types.
XriSV9h.gif
I used to support contacts that weren't in flight colors, but with the recent addition of eye types, I no longer support them.

Many of the ideas I wanted to see contacts for can be done as eye types instead, and while I would love things like rainbow or multi-hued eyes, unfortunately unless they made them like marva's eyes which changed the shape and made them larger, those would be lost on many of the breeds due to the small eyes.
I used to support contacts that weren't in flight colors, but with the recent addition of eye types, I no longer support them.

Many of the ideas I wanted to see contacts for can be done as eye types instead, and while I would love things like rainbow or multi-hued eyes, unfortunately unless they made them like marva's eyes which changed the shape and made them larger, those would be lost on many of the breeds due to the small eyes.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
YAS this would be such a great costume finisher!
YAS this would be such a great costume finisher!
tumblr_pvo913VdTF1ta9vl4o1_400.gif
tumblr_pvo913VdTF1ta9vl4o3_400.gif
tumblr_pvo913VdTF1ta9vl4o4_400.gif
tumblr_pvo913VdTF1ta9vl4o2_400.gif
w8o0xW1.png

I'd love me some flight-colored contacts. Only common colors of course. But heck, I have more than one dragon now that has the wrong eyes, but I can't replace them because they're an important part of a lore lineage. I know it was technically my own mistake hatching them from the wrong nests, but... I don't see the harm in common colored contacts either.
I'd love me some flight-colored contacts. Only common colors of course. But heck, I have more than one dragon now that has the wrong eyes, but I can't replace them because they're an important part of a lore lineage. I know it was technically my own mistake hatching them from the wrong nests, but... I don't see the harm in common colored contacts either.
___
Lorie / gemini

FR+8

Tn4TEAZ.png
_
_

__ c6nYENf.png __ dcbbuos.png
I give this my full support! I don't have that many fandragons, and the ones I do have I've tended to be pretty lucky with. But i can definitely empathize with those who haven't been so lucky. I myself prefer gen1 fandragons to gen2+, and if you've somehow managed to find a dragon that's perfect in every way except in terms of eye color, you'd probably just have to live with it, considering that the chances of finding another gen1 with the same colors are ridiculously small. Or what if the character being represented by the dragon has fire magic or something, but also has blue eyes. This would be a relatively trivial to do (maybe) and would improve the moods of countless fans/char developers everywhere. Maybe there could even be heterochromia* contacts (yes, I know it wouldn't show up on certain dragons)

*heterochromia: different colored eyes ex. one blue, one green
I give this my full support! I don't have that many fandragons, and the ones I do have I've tended to be pretty lucky with. But i can definitely empathize with those who haven't been so lucky. I myself prefer gen1 fandragons to gen2+, and if you've somehow managed to find a dragon that's perfect in every way except in terms of eye color, you'd probably just have to live with it, considering that the chances of finding another gen1 with the same colors are ridiculously small. Or what if the character being represented by the dragon has fire magic or something, but also has blue eyes. This would be a relatively trivial to do (maybe) and would improve the moods of countless fans/char developers everywhere. Maybe there could even be heterochromia* contacts (yes, I know it wouldn't show up on certain dragons)

*heterochromia: different colored eyes ex. one blue, one green
I fully support this! It'd be a harmless addition and many people would love it(including me)!
I fully support this! It'd be a harmless addition and many people would love it(including me)!
RoaminRonan.gif
[quote name="Jemadar" date="2018-06-21 19:17:50" ] I used to support contacts that weren't in flight colors, but with the recent addition of eye types, I no longer support them. Many of the ideas I wanted to see contacts for can be done as eye types instead, and while I would love things like rainbow or multi-hued eyes, unfortunately unless they made them like marva's eyes which changed the shape and made them larger, those would be lost on many of the breeds due to the small eyes. [/quote] Alright, so for next April Fool's day, can we please get a vial which changes the eye colour (regardless of flight) to rainbow? Please.
Jemadar wrote on 2018-06-21 19:17:50:

Alright, so for next April Fool's day, can we please get a vial which changes the eye colour (regardless of flight) to rainbow? Please.
I used to be totally neutral on this. However, now I support this. The staff doesn't seem to be in a hurry to give us legacy vials, cycling scattervials, and/or individual vials so we can customize our dragons like we could before the eye-pocalypse.

Before, there was a concern about players using contacts to scam by presenting dragons as a flight they're not. Yes, while it's up to the buyer to actually check out the for sale dragon, at-a-glance plus contacts would make scamming possible. However, now with a much bigger range of flight colors especially some flights that have eyes that look like other flights (wind and nature, for example), we already have a precedent that flight might be difficult to discern at a glance. So why not let players have contact lens in all colors if we're not going to get individual vials or cycling scatter vials or legacy vials.
I used to be totally neutral on this. However, now I support this. The staff doesn't seem to be in a hurry to give us legacy vials, cycling scattervials, and/or individual vials so we can customize our dragons like we could before the eye-pocalypse.

Before, there was a concern about players using contacts to scam by presenting dragons as a flight they're not. Yes, while it's up to the buyer to actually check out the for sale dragon, at-a-glance plus contacts would make scamming possible. However, now with a much bigger range of flight colors especially some flights that have eyes that look like other flights (wind and nature, for example), we already have a precedent that flight might be difficult to discern at a glance. So why not let players have contact lens in all colors if we're not going to get individual vials or cycling scatter vials or legacy vials.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
1 2