Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Gender Change Scroll, Please!
You ever found the perfect dragon, all the right colors and genes, would line up beautifully with another dragon to make some lovely hatchies... Only for it to be the wrong gender?

If this sounds familiar, I'd love to suggest a new type of scroll, similar to the breed change scrolls and gene change scrolls;
A gender change scroll!

As the name implies, it is a one-time-use scroll that switches the gender of your dragon to the opposite gender.
The gender can be changed back so long as the user has another scroll, much like genes/breed.
Simple as that!
You ever found the perfect dragon, all the right colors and genes, would line up beautifully with another dragon to make some lovely hatchies... Only for it to be the wrong gender?

If this sounds familiar, I'd love to suggest a new type of scroll, similar to the breed change scrolls and gene change scrolls;
A gender change scroll!

As the name implies, it is a one-time-use scroll that switches the gender of your dragon to the opposite gender.
The gender can be changed back so long as the user has another scroll, much like genes/breed.
Simple as that!
There's a pretty in-depth thread on this already, IIRC. People want it, but the implementation could seriously screw up how dragons are listed in lineages, and some think that some aspects of a dragon should remain immutable.
There's a pretty in-depth thread on this already, IIRC. People want it, but the implementation could seriously screw up how dragons are listed in lineages, and some think that some aspects of a dragon should remain immutable.
tumblr_inline_omxl63fueX1s9ucgw_500.gif
XPDxt22.png
I think we've all found dragons like that.

Especially the other 1000 people who have made this exact suggestion before.

As usual, I only support it if it's an expensive gem item and if it can only be used on unbred dragons. Otherwise nah.
I think we've all found dragons like that.

Especially the other 1000 people who have made this exact suggestion before.

As usual, I only support it if it's an expensive gem item and if it can only be used on unbred dragons. Otherwise nah.
byGS9bb.png VtFVqTA.png
UK time. Sorry for timezone-related delays in responses. They/Them.
I don't support sex change scrolls. Mostly because it would take the challenge out of breeding dream dragons. There's really only two things that you can't change on a dragon and that is element and sex. I feel like taking one of those away would make breeding far too easy and breeding projects would become boring.

Plus it would be complicated to code too since the system would need to be reworked to accommodate the sex change in hatchling's parents' lists.
I don't support sex change scrolls. Mostly because it would take the challenge out of breeding dream dragons. There's really only two things that you can't change on a dragon and that is element and sex. I feel like taking one of those away would make breeding far too easy and breeding projects would become boring.

Plus it would be complicated to code too since the system would need to be reworked to accommodate the sex change in hatchling's parents' lists.
XriSV9h.gif
[quote name="CrazyRedFire" date="2018-06-21 14:58:56" ] I don't support sex change scrolls. Mostly because it would take the challenge out of breeding dream dragons. There's really only two things that you can't change on a dragon and that is element and sex. I feel like taking one of those away would make breeding far too easy and breeding projects would become boring. Plus it would be complicated to code too since the system would need to be reworked to accommodate the sex change in hatchling's parents' lists. [/quote] I agree with this. The one thing I did see that I would be okay with is someone wanted a scroll that allowed the art itself to be changed to the other gender where the dragon still remained the same gender for aesthetic and story purposes. This effect would only work on dragons in their lair and they wouldn't be able to sell them on the AH until the art was switched back to match the gender so as not to confuse people trying to buy dragons. That I could understand and support but this just feels more like wanting an easy fix to getting a dream dragon rather than something being suggested for site improvement.
CrazyRedFire wrote on 2018-06-21 14:58:56:

I agree with this. The one thing I did see that I would be okay with is someone wanted a scroll that allowed the art itself to be changed to the other gender where the dragon still remained the same gender for aesthetic and story purposes. This effect would only work on dragons in their lair and they wouldn't be able to sell them on the AH until the art was switched back to match the gender so as not to confuse people trying to buy dragons. That I could understand and support but this just feels more like wanting an easy fix to getting a dream dragon rather than something being suggested for site improvement.
knhLXgs.png
I've talked about this with a few people in the past, and one thing I and those people agree on is that the dragon should not be breed-able after a gender change scroll is applied to it.
I've talked about this with a few people in the past, and one thing I and those people agree on is that the dragon should not be breed-able after a gender change scroll is applied to it.
Need a fodder trainer build? Try one of these:
Kelp Beds - Leviathan Leveler - 2 Fodder Trainer
GLR + Mire - Ghire Gorer - 2 Fodder
Mire - Mire Mauler - 2 Fodder
GLR - Ruin Wrecker - 2 Fodder Trainer
Boreal Wood- Boreal Banisher - 2 Fodder Trainer
Harpy's Roost - Roost Rustler - 2 Fodder Trainer
Launch_Plans_-_Small.png
(Don't ping the staff)
I really really want this and want to support it, but i have to agree with the others.. it would mess things up a lot, sadly. so i don't support, even if i kind of want to.
I really really want this and want to support it, but i have to agree with the others.. it would mess things up a lot, sadly. so i don't support, even if i kind of want to.
saTxNdL.png2HZAytX.pngsaTxNdL.png2HZAytX.png
Mentioned before- but i'd really love a scroll that at least made it possible to use the other lineart T__T in some breeds with 0/little sex dimorphism one always looks better than the other ahaha
Mentioned before- but i'd really love a scroll that at least made it possible to use the other lineart T__T in some breeds with 0/little sex dimorphism one always looks better than the other ahaha
I'd certainly support a pose/art swap scroll for lore purposes. I can't really support a gender change scroll. Even if it didn't allow breeding or couldn't be used a dragon that had offspring, it would be too easy to miss in the AH if one sold said dragon and adding mechanics to jump the dragon to it's original gender would just be unneeded checking and code. The devs have alrerady said they aren't going to do a gender scroll in the past so, while I understand the desire for one, it's just not happening.
I'd certainly support a pose/art swap scroll for lore purposes. I can't really support a gender change scroll. Even if it didn't allow breeding or couldn't be used a dragon that had offspring, it would be too easy to miss in the AH if one sold said dragon and adding mechanics to jump the dragon to it's original gender would just be unneeded checking and code. The devs have alrerady said they aren't going to do a gender scroll in the past so, while I understand the desire for one, it's just not happening.
tumblr_inline_nebbd6PAZE1qmu9vp.png