Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | More games-keep us on the site longer!
Okay here's my issue with FR. After my dailies, there's absolutely nothing keeping me here.

I loved it from the moment I joined, I love the general breeding game of the site, the different and beautiful colors & markings you can achieve, how custom of an experience you can have with your dragons. It's amazing. You can clearly tell a lot of work went into crafting the dragon species, the lore behind them, and the look & feel of the whole game.

HOWEVER,

At the end of the day, I login, feed my dergs, gather some things, check the pile, throw something in the cauldron, and leave. You know how long this all takes me? Five minutes. I'm not a very active forum person. I don't like long discussions, waiting for replies... I'm a chatroom person and unfortunately FR doesn't have that. So I'm stuck in my own little bubble of FR over here. You know what I do like though? Flash games. And we've been promised more games since I joined in 2016. But we've still got the same ones.

It would be extremely beneficial for the site as a whole if they added more flash games. Why? Because then players would stay on the site longer, the devs would get more advertisement revenue, and it would bring in more money for them to do what they clearly have a passion for. I am STILL logging onto that very popular pets game from the early 2000's just to play their flash games! I love high scores and random chance; FR needs something like that. And I tell ya what, I love the whole idea of the Coliseum, but in the end it becomes a real grind for me and gets old fast. I just want some quick, fun games that I can procrastinate the day away playing.

When I joined in 2016, a handful of friends joined with me. They all loved it at first but each and every one left because of the same reason - "now what do we do?".

More games guys, I'm tellin ya, this idea is money.

Edit: I don't mean flash as in flash itself games. I mean HTML5 games (or whatever program we're using to code them now). I just used the terminology flash to reflect the imagery of flat, cartoony and animated games. Sry bout that.
Okay here's my issue with FR. After my dailies, there's absolutely nothing keeping me here.

I loved it from the moment I joined, I love the general breeding game of the site, the different and beautiful colors & markings you can achieve, how custom of an experience you can have with your dragons. It's amazing. You can clearly tell a lot of work went into crafting the dragon species, the lore behind them, and the look & feel of the whole game.

HOWEVER,

At the end of the day, I login, feed my dergs, gather some things, check the pile, throw something in the cauldron, and leave. You know how long this all takes me? Five minutes. I'm not a very active forum person. I don't like long discussions, waiting for replies... I'm a chatroom person and unfortunately FR doesn't have that. So I'm stuck in my own little bubble of FR over here. You know what I do like though? Flash games. And we've been promised more games since I joined in 2016. But we've still got the same ones.

It would be extremely beneficial for the site as a whole if they added more flash games. Why? Because then players would stay on the site longer, the devs would get more advertisement revenue, and it would bring in more money for them to do what they clearly have a passion for. I am STILL logging onto that very popular pets game from the early 2000's just to play their flash games! I love high scores and random chance; FR needs something like that. And I tell ya what, I love the whole idea of the Coliseum, but in the end it becomes a real grind for me and gets old fast. I just want some quick, fun games that I can procrastinate the day away playing.

When I joined in 2016, a handful of friends joined with me. They all loved it at first but each and every one left because of the same reason - "now what do we do?".

More games guys, I'm tellin ya, this idea is money.

Edit: I don't mean flash as in flash itself games. I mean HTML5 games (or whatever program we're using to code them now). I just used the terminology flash to reflect the imagery of flat, cartoony and animated games. Sry bout that.
i9Y6xxR.png D4vLsxH.png
Flash is on the way out as a type of file - you mean you want more HTML5 games, like the ones we currently have.

I will always support more games, as long as they can be done in HTML5 or similar formats!

But, hell no to Flash Games. We're not in 2003 anymore - Flash is obsolete.
Flash is on the way out as a type of file - you mean you want more HTML5 games, like the ones we currently have.

I will always support more games, as long as they can be done in HTML5 or similar formats!

[quote name="Sopheroo" date="2018-06-20 22:06:58" ] Flash is on the way out as a type of file - you mean you want more HTML5 games, like the ones we currently have. I will always support more games, as long as they can be done in HTML5 or similar formats! But, hell no to Flash Games. We're not in 2003 anymore - Flash is obsolete. [/quote] Oops! Forgive me, I definitely mean HTML5 games. When I say flash games, I'm just talking about the flat cartoony games we all know and love. :) I'll fix my post
Sopheroo wrote on 2018-06-20 22:06:58:

Oops! Forgive me, I definitely mean HTML5 games. When I say flash games, I'm just talking about the flat cartoony games we all know and love. :) I'll fix my post
i9Y6xxR.png D4vLsxH.png
I would love a Snake game; they could make the "Snake" a spiral and have it eat bugs.

More games are always good, and they don't have to be super complex.
I would love a Snake game; they could make the "Snake" a spiral and have it eat bugs.

More games are always good, and they don't have to be super complex.
I think the biggest issue is the cod really are currently rewriting the site so they have less time to work on new features. I personally prefer that they focus on the rewrite over code heavy games because once the rewrite is done they can focus on the big things they discussed in the past such as adventure and dragonmeet.

That being said it wouldn’t hurt if they introduce new easy to code games here and there sprinkled among the art updates.

A search and find game would be a simple one that they already have most of the coding for thanks to the camping captcha system and the artists could easily add new scenes to keep it fresh.
I think the biggest issue is the cod really are currently rewriting the site so they have less time to work on new features. I personally prefer that they focus on the rewrite over code heavy games because once the rewrite is done they can focus on the big things they discussed in the past such as adventure and dragonmeet.

That being said it wouldn’t hurt if they introduce new easy to code games here and there sprinkled among the art updates.

A search and find game would be a simple one that they already have most of the coding for thanks to the camping captcha system and the artists could easily add new scenes to keep it fresh.
3DS Friend Code: 5300-9941-4980
#UnnamedIsValid .:. Nature Sales Thread .:. Strider Subspecies
It's true that "flash games" has survived as a generic term, the same way the generic Save icon continues to be a floppy disk, despite the fact that no one uses a floppy any more. XD How much did those store? Whatever it was, I'm sure it was measured in KB.

Support for simple games like Snake. No support for a search and find, because that would come across as a huge slap in the face to the people who are being mistaken for bots on a daily basis. I could potentially support it if the Coli capcha was fixed. But as things stand right now, there's too much bitterness.
It's true that "flash games" has survived as a generic term, the same way the generic Save icon continues to be a floppy disk, despite the fact that no one uses a floppy any more. XD How much did those store? Whatever it was, I'm sure it was measured in KB.

Support for simple games like Snake. No support for a search and find, because that would come across as a huge slap in the face to the people who are being mistaken for bots on a daily basis. I could potentially support it if the Coli capcha was fixed. But as things stand right now, there's too much bitterness.
It takes Twelve Years for one Imperial pair to produce a Primal-eyed offspring of a specific sex. Goal-based breeding is dead.
Support. I have been considering going on a hiatus and coming back a few years later since there is no new stuff that is really new.
Support. I have been considering going on a hiatus and coming back a few years later since there is no new stuff that is really new.
Help them grow please!=>eastern-dragon-child-fire-pixel.gif
mahjong, solitaire, multiplayer pong, snake, a minimalized space invaders, a block breaker game using a ball, minesweeper, things like these would be amazing.

Support support support!
mahjong, solitaire, multiplayer pong, snake, a minimalized space invaders, a block breaker game using a ball, minesweeper, things like these would be amazing.

Support support support!
knhLXgs.png
Support, and I would love a search and find c:
Support, and I would love a search and find c: