Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Up the elim drop rates
1 2 3 4 5 6
[quote name="Fletchling" date="2018-06-21 21:20:56" ] [quote name="Wolfieboy" date="2018-06-21 20:28:41" ][quote]I'm puzzled as to why this still hasn't been done; if there is an economy-breaking reason for it, I wish the staff team would be open about what that is.[/quote]The economy breaking reason is being able to draw in almost 1,000 Gems worth of items, food, battle stones, eggs, etc in one day. On a good day with my team of 3 dragons with Eliminate, I can make 1,000 Gems worth of stuff. If more people let alone everyone could do the same, the sites economy would definitely be effected.[/quote]I spent 14 hours in the coliseum one day. It was the Arena, I do believe. I got one egg from the venture, plenty of food, materials, etcetera. Added them all up and I got 714 gems if I had sold everything. So nah. That's not really 1,000 gems. It's all just luck. It all comes down to what rng decides to give me even though I spent a good chunk of my day for junk change. 714 gems. I'm still pissed off about that. [/quote] That why I said being able to draw in almost 1,000 gems in one day. 714 gems is a lot for one day. Arena also isn't the better area for grinding. Each venue has a different chance of producing different items. I've gotten 2 Eliminate in one day in Blooming Grove once too. I generally farm Crystal Pools which brings in nice rewards. The point is that that is enough to buy Eliminate. They don't need to be easier to find. It'll mess with the economy which is most likely why staff hasn't implemented it.
Fletchling wrote on 2018-06-21 21:20:56:
Wolfieboy wrote on 2018-06-21 20:28:41:
Quote:
I'm puzzled as to why this still hasn't been done; if there is an economy-breaking reason for it, I wish the staff team would be open about what that is.
The economy breaking reason is being able to draw in almost 1,000 Gems worth of items, food, battle stones, eggs, etc in one day. On a good day with my team of 3 dragons with Eliminate, I can make 1,000 Gems worth of stuff. If more people let alone everyone could do the same, the sites economy would definitely be effected.
I spent 14 hours in the coliseum one day. It was the Arena, I do believe. I got one egg from the venture, plenty of food, materials, etcetera. Added them all up and I got 714 gems if I had sold everything. So nah. That's not really 1,000 gems. It's all just luck. It all comes down to what rng decides to give me even though I spent a good chunk of my day for junk change.

714 gems. I'm still ****** off about that.

That why I said being able to draw in almost 1,000 gems in one day. 714 gems is a lot for one day. Arena also isn't the better area for grinding. Each venue has a different chance of producing different items. I've gotten 2 Eliminate in one day in Blooming Grove once too. I generally farm Crystal Pools which brings in nice rewards. The point is that that is enough to buy Eliminate. They don't need to be easier to find. It'll mess with the economy which is most likely why staff hasn't implemented it.
m91xEaw.png
I agree about upping the the eliminate drop rate. I got *one* eliminate in almost *3* years. I'm not sure how people are getting multiple drops of it in a week. Maybe RNG just hates me? But, I cannot be the only one that got their first eliminate drop in 2018, and I've been here since 2015? I'm not sure if tweaking it a little bit will effect the economy over all a lot. I just want eliminate for my dragons I still need to train to level 25 for lore reasons. And if I'm training I'm definitely going to use them later. Eliminate would be extremely helpful.
I agree about upping the the eliminate drop rate. I got *one* eliminate in almost *3* years. I'm not sure how people are getting multiple drops of it in a week. Maybe RNG just hates me? But, I cannot be the only one that got their first eliminate drop in 2018, and I've been here since 2015? I'm not sure if tweaking it a little bit will effect the economy over all a lot. I just want eliminate for my dragons I still need to train to level 25 for lore reasons. And if I'm training I'm definitely going to use them later. Eliminate would be extremely helpful.
DoWq1FH.pngYzZnJxc.pngCi4cDic.png
noSD0w3.png
I had one day during water fest when I got 2 eliminates to drop. But you know, that's not a daily occurrence simply based on the fact that I can still remember double drop day 2 months later.

I don't think the fact that a few people can spend many hours in coli and earn 1kg a day from AH sales should be a reason that eliminate rates should be kept the same because (at a guess) most people don't spend quite that much time in coli. (or aren't farming high priced things but are fodder training for dom in areas with undercut materials).

While I like the idea of trying to encourage new players to borrow from flight lending programs that's not always sustainable since Flight Rising doesn't have a system for supported safe loans. And telling people you only need one eliminate per team works until they place it on a mire dragon and then trap themselves in an area that won't drop more.

My flight has a fairly popular service where we jointly sponsor 1/2 the cost for a new player's first eliminate and all of it's donors keep going please eliminate fall in price (which would only happen on a long term scale if drop rates were increased).
I had one day during water fest when I got 2 eliminates to drop. But you know, that's not a daily occurrence simply based on the fact that I can still remember double drop day 2 months later.

I don't think the fact that a few people can spend many hours in coli and earn 1kg a day from AH sales should be a reason that eliminate rates should be kept the same because (at a guess) most people don't spend quite that much time in coli. (or aren't farming high priced things but are fodder training for dom in areas with undercut materials).

While I like the idea of trying to encourage new players to borrow from flight lending programs that's not always sustainable since Flight Rising doesn't have a system for supported safe loans. And telling people you only need one eliminate per team works until they place it on a mire dragon and then trap themselves in an area that won't drop more.

My flight has a fairly popular service where we jointly sponsor 1/2 the cost for a new player's first eliminate and all of it's donors keep going please eliminate fall in price (which would only happen on a long term scale if drop rates were increased).
I support. I've been doing coli for hours a week and haven't had one drop. I understand the rarity, but this is kinda ridiculous.

I don't think they'll up the drop rate, but... I definitely support if they did. XD

Edit: I did get one for doing an art commission, which was VERY extensive. XD It was definitely worth it.

Question: Do they even still drop? Were they removed from the site entirely, or are people actually getting them?
I support. I've been doing coli for hours a week and haven't had one drop. I understand the rarity, but this is kinda ridiculous.

I don't think they'll up the drop rate, but... I definitely support if they did. XD

Edit: I did get one for doing an art commission, which was VERY extensive. XD It was definitely worth it.

Question: Do they even still drop? Were they removed from the site entirely, or are people actually getting them?
@ChaosKirin

Yes they do still drop. Somewhere. My rng luck is so bad I cant tell you what venue to farm. Based on the conversation in the thread the low level areas drop them better?
@ChaosKirin

Yes they do still drop. Somewhere. My rng luck is so bad I cant tell you what venue to farm. Based on the conversation in the thread the low level areas drop them better?
lumos_noxsig.png
[quote name="Wolfieboy" date="2018-06-21 21:25:50" ] [quote name="Fletchling" date="2018-06-21 21:20:56" ] [quote name="Wolfieboy" date="2018-06-21 20:28:41" ][quote]I'm puzzled as to why this still hasn't been done; if there is an economy-breaking reason for it, I wish the staff team would be open about what that is.[/quote]The economy breaking reason is being able to draw in almost 1,000 Gems worth of items, food, battle stones, eggs, etc in one day. On a good day with my team of 3 dragons with Eliminate, I can make 1,000 Gems worth of stuff. If more people let alone everyone could do the same, the sites economy would definitely be effected.[/quote]I spent 14 hours in the coliseum one day. It was the Arena, I do believe. I got one egg from the venture, plenty of food, materials, etcetera. Added them all up and I got 714 gems if I had sold everything. So nah. That's not really 1,000 gems. It's all just luck. It all comes down to what rng decides to give me even though I spent a good chunk of my day for junk change. 714 gems. I'm still pissed off about that. [/quote] That why I said being able to draw in almost 1,000 gems in one day. 714 gems is a lot for one day. Arena also isn't the better area for grinding. Each venue has a different chance of producing different items. I've gotten 2 Eliminate in one day in Blooming Grove once too. I generally farm Crystal Pools which brings in nice rewards. The point is that that is enough to buy Eliminate. They don't need to be easier to find. It'll mess with the economy which is most likely why staff hasn't implemented it. [/quote] This is assuming that everyone who buys an eliminate will do that much grinding...I for one don't and I own two of the things. Wish I had the time and patience to make 700 gems in a day... Anyways, I'm not sure about increasing drop rate and I agree about have alternate builds to help lessen the strain, but definitely for adding it to all venues.
Wolfieboy wrote on 2018-06-21 21:25:50:
Fletchling wrote on 2018-06-21 21:20:56:
Wolfieboy wrote on 2018-06-21 20:28:41:
Quote:
I'm puzzled as to why this still hasn't been done; if there is an economy-breaking reason for it, I wish the staff team would be open about what that is.
The economy breaking reason is being able to draw in almost 1,000 Gems worth of items, food, battle stones, eggs, etc in one day. On a good day with my team of 3 dragons with Eliminate, I can make 1,000 Gems worth of stuff. If more people let alone everyone could do the same, the sites economy would definitely be effected.
I spent 14 hours in the coliseum one day. It was the Arena, I do believe. I got one egg from the venture, plenty of food, materials, etcetera. Added them all up and I got 714 gems if I had sold everything. So nah. That's not really 1,000 gems. It's all just luck. It all comes down to what rng decides to give me even though I spent a good chunk of my day for junk change.

714 gems. I'm still ****** off about that.

That why I said being able to draw in almost 1,000 gems in one day. 714 gems is a lot for one day. Arena also isn't the better area for grinding. Each venue has a different chance of producing different items. I've gotten 2 Eliminate in one day in Blooming Grove once too. I generally farm Crystal Pools which brings in nice rewards. The point is that that is enough to buy Eliminate. They don't need to be easier to find. It'll mess with the economy which is most likely why staff hasn't implemented it.
This is assuming that everyone who buys an eliminate will do that much grinding...I for one don't and I own two of the things. Wish I had the time and patience to make 700 gems in a day...

Anyways, I'm not sure about increasing drop rate and I agree about have alternate builds to help lessen the strain, but definitely for adding it to all venues.
A billion percent support. My gosh, it really IS ridicolous.
A billion percent support. My gosh, it really IS ridicolous.
50316481p.png
FR +9 G1 collector Wishlist AvatarAdoptables
For those making at or near 1000 gems a day, not all of us have that time. Im super lucky if I make a measly 100 gems per day, and thats from familiar chests, not coli grinding. I grind volcanic vents for money, but I only have the time to grind for about 1 hour a day on average. So still full support for making elims easier to get from me.
For those making at or near 1000 gems a day, not all of us have that time. Im super lucky if I make a measly 100 gems per day, and thats from familiar chests, not coli grinding. I grind volcanic vents for money, but I only have the time to grind for about 1 hour a day on average. So still full support for making elims easier to get from me.
#UnnamedIsValid
Unnamed dragons need love too! There is no shame in having unnamed permas, having dragons with unnamed parents and/or offspring, or exalting unnamed dragons! Leaving dragons unnamed is a perfectly valid playstyle!

she/her or they/them
I support...mostly.

I don't think the rate of Eliminate dropping in the coli should be changed, simply because of the raw power of the stone. Being able to get it in the coli would be way too easy, in my opinion, to get the stone. However, making it a high-level, expensive Baldwin brew item might not be a bad idea! It's so ironic how users have to grind in the coliseum for Eliminate as their only way to get an Eliminate without breaking their bank, but it's almost impossible to grind in the coli without Eliminate. (Yes, I have tried the Sedona Build. No, it doesn't work very well in any higher-level venues, and not at all for fodder training, at least in my experience of using it) Making it a Baldwin item would, of course, lower the prices of Eliminate to a more reasonable level, but it would still be a high-level, expensive thing to brew. Users who use Baldwin's Brew as their main source of income get a chance to help out the coli grinders and all parties win- the price of Eliminate gets balanced out, coli grinders can actually grind in the coli and "Baldwin Brewers" get a new way to make money off their high-level cauldron.
I support...mostly.

I don't think the rate of Eliminate dropping in the coli should be changed, simply because of the raw power of the stone. Being able to get it in the coli would be way too easy, in my opinion, to get the stone. However, making it a high-level, expensive Baldwin brew item might not be a bad idea! It's so ironic how users have to grind in the coliseum for Eliminate as their only way to get an Eliminate without breaking their bank, but it's almost impossible to grind in the coli without Eliminate. (Yes, I have tried the Sedona Build. No, it doesn't work very well in any higher-level venues, and not at all for fodder training, at least in my experience of using it) Making it a Baldwin item would, of course, lower the prices of Eliminate to a more reasonable level, but it would still be a high-level, expensive thing to brew. Users who use Baldwin's Brew as their main source of income get a chance to help out the coli grinders and all parties win- the price of Eliminate gets balanced out, coli grinders can actually grind in the coli and "Baldwin Brewers" get a new way to make money off their high-level cauldron.
swip.png - hi! i'm cassie.
- my pronouns are she/her.
- my timezone is fr+3.
I definitely support adding them to all venues- and I don't think increasing the drop rate would negatively effect much.

I mean the drop rate for them is so low that I'd wager only a handful of eliminates make it into the economy every day. Upping the drop rate would mean the people selling them would make less per, yeah, but it means they would find more in the coliseum in the same amount of time.

I am surprised- I looked in the auction house and saw 5 pages of them. I was prepared to say the reason they are 600 gems is because people are buying them for that price- but, 5 pages is quite a lot. I wonder how many are actually being bought for that price.

But if all we are concerned with is the price of eliminate, why not add new rare drops that aren't battle stones?

We could add genes that are more rare than python/morph. We could add an apparel set that is wholly exclusive to the coliseum (aka- NOT in the marketplace in any color). I know it's easier to add aesthetic items rather than add a couple lines of code into the coliseum :x

I definitely support adding them to all venues- and I don't think increasing the drop rate would negatively effect much.

I mean the drop rate for them is so low that I'd wager only a handful of eliminates make it into the economy every day. Upping the drop rate would mean the people selling them would make less per, yeah, but it means they would find more in the coliseum in the same amount of time.

I am surprised- I looked in the auction house and saw 5 pages of them. I was prepared to say the reason they are 600 gems is because people are buying them for that price- but, 5 pages is quite a lot. I wonder how many are actually being bought for that price.

But if all we are concerned with is the price of eliminate, why not add new rare drops that aren't battle stones?

We could add genes that are more rare than python/morph. We could add an apparel set that is wholly exclusive to the coliseum (aka- NOT in the marketplace in any color). I know it's easier to add aesthetic items rather than add a couple lines of code into the coliseum :x

1 2 3 4 5 6