Suggestions
Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Up the elim drop rates
1 2 3 4 5 6
I'm puzzled as to why this still hasn't been done; if there is an economy-breaking reason for it, I wish the staff team would be open about what that is.

I joined nearly two years ago, and at that time, I distinctly recall Eliminates going for 450g in the AH. Now they're up to 600g; they're just gonna keep going up. There's a myriad of solutions; those that have already been mentioned, plus others - like making it a low-level Baldwin brew that requires a bunch ingredients and something like 300k treasure, or increased drop rate from bosses, during festivals, etc.

I've had about 4 drop for me in the past year, most of them when I was training fodder in the Kelp Beds. But not everyone has the luxury of grinding in the Coli for that long, and I raffled off most of them anyway. Also, it's understandable that it's easier to buy a pre-stoned level 25 with Eliminate, but I think it's reasonable for people to want to give Eliminate to a favourite dragon of their own.
I'm puzzled as to why this still hasn't been done; if there is an economy-breaking reason for it, I wish the staff team would be open about what that is.

I joined nearly two years ago, and at that time, I distinctly recall Eliminates going for 450g in the AH. Now they're up to 600g; they're just gonna keep going up. There's a myriad of solutions; those that have already been mentioned, plus others - like making it a low-level Baldwin brew that requires a bunch ingredients and something like 300k treasure, or increased drop rate from bosses, during festivals, etc.

I've had about 4 drop for me in the past year, most of them when I was training fodder in the Kelp Beds. But not everyone has the luxury of grinding in the Coli for that long, and I raffled off most of them anyway. Also, it's understandable that it's easier to buy a pre-stoned level 25 with Eliminate, but I think it's reasonable for people to want to give Eliminate to a favourite dragon of their own.
rgtVBO9.gif
@Lara8
Quote:
You can probably buy a fully stoned and trained dragon for the same as the Elim itself, if not less, and

3. In order to earn that treasure in the first place, not to mention get experience in the coli so you know what to do with your dragon once you have it, you need look no further than your flight's free lending programs.

What this says though is you have to rely on your flight to provide you whatever it is you need to level your mire flier and your flights over all generosity to be able to get started.

So all these players need is to go ask complete strangers for the stones they want or the flight has to be willing to give then a dragon at a low price or for free or on lease for however long it takes for then to get just one. Be it they level them themselves or they buy one.

I personally HATE asking people for things I should be avle to earn. I leveled my first dragons myself. The friend who got me into the game temporarily provided me two of her coli's for the festival as I joined when the festival was registration week. But - she wanted them back fairly quickly so they woulsnt get locked away in the lair if I quit the game. Which is a very real possibility with all new players.

My point is that eliminates are in ALL builds. Even your basic coli build says "eliminate" people don't even consider a build without them. So they are necessary to current play style.

The most efficient farmers are a team of 3 eliminates for any venue during a festival (ive tested it. from sandswept delta up). Even if one misses you have 2 more eliminates to keep you moving instead of having to completrly rebuild.

And they cost at this point half a million treasure. That's half of what you need for an anchent lair.
@Lara8
Quote:
You can probably buy a fully stoned and trained dragon for the same as the Elim itself, if not less, and

3. In order to earn that treasure in the first place, not to mention get experience in the coli so you know what to do with your dragon once you have it, you need look no further than your flight's free lending programs.

What this says though is you have to rely on your flight to provide you whatever it is you need to level your mire flier and your flights over all generosity to be able to get started.

So all these players need is to go ask complete strangers for the stones they want or the flight has to be willing to give then a dragon at a low price or for free or on lease for however long it takes for then to get just one. Be it they level them themselves or they buy one.

I personally HATE asking people for things I should be avle to earn. I leveled my first dragons myself. The friend who got me into the game temporarily provided me two of her coli's for the festival as I joined when the festival was registration week. But - she wanted them back fairly quickly so they woulsnt get locked away in the lair if I quit the game. Which is a very real possibility with all new players.

My point is that eliminates are in ALL builds. Even your basic coli build says "eliminate" people don't even consider a build without them. So they are necessary to current play style.

The most efficient farmers are a team of 3 eliminates for any venue during a festival (ive tested it. from sandswept delta up). Even if one misses you have 2 more eliminates to keep you moving instead of having to completrly rebuild.

And they cost at this point half a million treasure. That's half of what you need for an anchent lair.
lumos_noxsig.png
Support! I don't remember how much they were in AH when I first joined, but I know I could easily buy three at a time. (and more) Now if I want to train another team, I'd have to save for... months.
Support! I don't remember how much they were in AH when I first joined, but I know I could easily buy three at a time. (and more) Now if I want to train another team, I'd have to save for... months.
Support.

I'm aware it's technically possible to coli without Eliminate, but the main builds rely on it. It's undeniable it makes grinding and training faster. I don't think it's fair to force new users to struggle with less efficient strategies, so it annoys me when people insist the "solution" is to stop using Eliminates. The coli mechanic is not the best; you cannot blame players for asking for the best option.

Speaking of which, even without Eliminate, the battle system is already unbalanced. Somone pointed this out already, but magic attacks are a perfect example of this: some are just plain useless, and the lack of strong neutral moves makes it worse.

Eliminate makes the battle-system unbalanced because there are no stones that can compete with it. You need to finish as many battles as possible to make a good profit (be it to exalt or stack items) since valuable drops are rare, and you get an average of a trinket and two food items per battle. It's only natural to seek the reliability and power of Eliminate.

Since we do not have an alternative, upping the drop rates and/or adding it to every venue is only fair to the new players. I would also support a similar battle stone, though, possibly something that can make mages shine again...
Support.

I'm aware it's technically possible to coli without Eliminate, but the main builds rely on it. It's undeniable it makes grinding and training faster. I don't think it's fair to force new users to struggle with less efficient strategies, so it annoys me when people insist the "solution" is to stop using Eliminates. The coli mechanic is not the best; you cannot blame players for asking for the best option.

Speaking of which, even without Eliminate, the battle system is already unbalanced. Somone pointed this out already, but magic attacks are a perfect example of this: some are just plain useless, and the lack of strong neutral moves makes it worse.

Eliminate makes the battle-system unbalanced because there are no stones that can compete with it. You need to finish as many battles as possible to make a good profit (be it to exalt or stack items) since valuable drops are rare, and you get an average of a trinket and two food items per battle. It's only natural to seek the reliability and power of Eliminate.

Since we do not have an alternative, upping the drop rates and/or adding it to every venue is only fair to the new players. I would also support a similar battle stone, though, possibly something that can make mages shine again...
tumblr_inline_phaecbSXxd1ufyrzd_540.png
Quote:
Jupiter/She-her/ Wildclaw hoarder
tumblr_inline_phaeciqpQj1ufyrzd_540.png
Full support!
I was lucky enough to get eliminate from Pinkerton back when he still handed them out. And my second was droped in harpy's roost. I had to buy the third more recently. The prices are absolutely ridiculous atm. I could deal with them being around 300k treasure tops. They are stupid amounts of useful, so I can still be behind them being rare items, just not this rare. But the price is pushing and sometimes exceeding 600k for what is essentially considered a very much needed coli stone.
I know there are non eliminate coli builds out there, I'm currently training a sedona build team myself. But after 2 months of working that team I decided to go back to my 3 elim team for some quick holiday currency grinding... there's no contest. Elim teams, especially a 3 elim team just makes everything so much faster.
So for possible workarounds, definitely make it drop in all venues, add it back to pinkerton, and if that doesnt fix the prices then start upping the drop rate little by little. It should sit around 200-300k treasure comfortably. OR introduce new battle stones to compete with eliminate, so it doesnt hold a monopoly on the coli market.
Full support!
I was lucky enough to get eliminate from Pinkerton back when he still handed them out. And my second was droped in harpy's roost. I had to buy the third more recently. The prices are absolutely ridiculous atm. I could deal with them being around 300k treasure tops. They are stupid amounts of useful, so I can still be behind them being rare items, just not this rare. But the price is pushing and sometimes exceeding 600k for what is essentially considered a very much needed coli stone.
I know there are non eliminate coli builds out there, I'm currently training a sedona build team myself. But after 2 months of working that team I decided to go back to my 3 elim team for some quick holiday currency grinding... there's no contest. Elim teams, especially a 3 elim team just makes everything so much faster.
So for possible workarounds, definitely make it drop in all venues, add it back to pinkerton, and if that doesnt fix the prices then start upping the drop rate little by little. It should sit around 200-300k treasure comfortably. OR introduce new battle stones to compete with eliminate, so it doesnt hold a monopoly on the coli market.
#UnnamedIsValid
Unnamed dragons need love too! There is no shame in having unnamed permas, having dragons with unnamed parents and/or offspring, or exalting unnamed dragons! Leaving dragons unnamed is a perfectly valid playstyle!
I am all for eliminate dropping in the Mire and Crystal Pools and being added as a non-boss drop to areas that only have it as a boss drop. But I agree with the others who say users don't need three eliminates, and I wish people would stop saying/emphasizing that, as I can see how that would get discouraging for newbies to constantly hear.

The Sedona build is perfectly viable. Plus a team with just one dragon with eliminate is also perfectly viable. I train dragons as a team to 25 because I like to visit all the venues. My most recent team was free for a friend. It was one mage, one glass cannon without eliminate, and one glass canon with eliminate. And I did totally fine. It wasn't as fast as a three eliminate team, but it wasn't painfully slow either. I got the team trained in about a week of not too intensive coli'ing, which I think is reasonable.

In addition to making eliminate slightly more common, I do wish they would come up with other stones that would help. I know at one point they had considered a double scratch, which I think would be interesting (or another stone that could hit multiple targets). I'd also like additional mage stones as well as stones that worked with other stats, like maybe a taunt for a tank or an AGI based stone.
I am all for eliminate dropping in the Mire and Crystal Pools and being added as a non-boss drop to areas that only have it as a boss drop. But I agree with the others who say users don't need three eliminates, and I wish people would stop saying/emphasizing that, as I can see how that would get discouraging for newbies to constantly hear.

The Sedona build is perfectly viable. Plus a team with just one dragon with eliminate is also perfectly viable. I train dragons as a team to 25 because I like to visit all the venues. My most recent team was free for a friend. It was one mage, one glass cannon without eliminate, and one glass canon with eliminate. And I did totally fine. It wasn't as fast as a three eliminate team, but it wasn't painfully slow either. I got the team trained in about a week of not too intensive coli'ing, which I think is reasonable.

In addition to making eliminate slightly more common, I do wish they would come up with other stones that would help. I know at one point they had considered a double scratch, which I think would be interesting (or another stone that could hit multiple targets). I'd also like additional mage stones as well as stones that worked with other stats, like maybe a taunt for a tank or an AGI based stone.
Support. Eliminates are essential for fast fodder training. Less eliminates, bigger player base means there are less and less people to clean the site by exalting. No exalting means harder way to get treasure. When you have no treasure you can't expand your lair (if you aren't cap yet). And we are expected to buy festival skins too. They don't drop as often as you'd think as chests at gathering and how do you really grind in any other place than level 1-4 venues if you have no Eliminate to make the job fast? Grinding in those levels doesn't really help your clan either regarding drops since you can't mantain a big lair on just 2 food points worth an item.
It should be added to Pinkerton and gathering too. Maybe a Baldwin made Eliminate that doesn't necesitate the stone itself in order to make it. Or an item that, when applied, increases your chances at Eliminate by x% for a day.

I am stuck with level 25s I no longer like, but can't get rid of them because no way will I have a chance at another Eliminate too soon, especially considering I only grind in Mire.
Support. Eliminates are essential for fast fodder training. Less eliminates, bigger player base means there are less and less people to clean the site by exalting. No exalting means harder way to get treasure. When you have no treasure you can't expand your lair (if you aren't cap yet). And we are expected to buy festival skins too. They don't drop as often as you'd think as chests at gathering and how do you really grind in any other place than level 1-4 venues if you have no Eliminate to make the job fast? Grinding in those levels doesn't really help your clan either regarding drops since you can't mantain a big lair on just 2 food points worth an item.
It should be added to Pinkerton and gathering too. Maybe a Baldwin made Eliminate that doesn't necesitate the stone itself in order to make it. Or an item that, when applied, increases your chances at Eliminate by x% for a day.

I am stuck with level 25s I no longer like, but can't get rid of them because no way will I have a chance at another Eliminate too soon, especially considering I only grind in Mire.
Support. Not so long ago, I had to save up for one.

It was the most painful thing ever, and I was lucky and had an elim drop a bit before I got the money.
Support. Not so long ago, I had to save up for one.

It was the most painful thing ever, and I was lucky and had an elim drop a bit before I got the money.
training_fields1_by_croatiahetalia-dcat8m8.png bVHWpEi.png cxZToRr.png Erratic schedule, slow replies sometimes. Weekend activity limited. If I don't respond, please ping again!
@chuuyas [quote]Also, it's understandable that it's easier to buy a pre-stoned level 25 with Eliminate, but I think it's reasonable for people to want to give Eliminate to a favourite dragon of their own.[/quote]Absolutely. But that first pre-stoned dragon can kick off your moneymaking engine, allowing you to A) Earn enough money to give an Eliminate to a dragon you actually like, and B) Side-along train [b]that[/b] dragon to 25 so they're ready to take over. Then you can sell the first dragon off to someone else who's just starting out. @Meonox [quote]What this says though is you have to rely on your flight to provide you whatever it is you need to level your mire flier and your flights over all generosity to be able to get started.[/quote]Also fair, and I'm not saying you shouldn't support suggestions like this. But in the meantime, educating people that these options are out there can be the difference between them finding their stride in FR and getting frustrated enough to quit. [quote]The most efficient farmers are a team of 3 eliminates for any venue during a festival[/quote]I disagree, but won't clog this thread further with a debate. However, I [b]do[/b] believe, especially given the current droprate, the prevailing 'you must have 3' wisdom isn't helpful to new players. If, once they have their Mire trainer and are making steady cash, they [b]want[/b] a second/third Eliminate to grind with (or to try out new builds), they're in a much better position to earn enough to obtain them.
@chuuyas
Quote:
Also, it's understandable that it's easier to buy a pre-stoned level 25 with Eliminate, but I think it's reasonable for people to want to give Eliminate to a favourite dragon of their own.
Absolutely. But that first pre-stoned dragon can kick off your moneymaking engine, allowing you to A) Earn enough money to give an Eliminate to a dragon you actually like, and B) Side-along train that dragon to 25 so they're ready to take over. Then you can sell the first dragon off to someone else who's just starting out.

@Meonox
Quote:
Also fair, and I'm not saying you shouldn't support suggestions like this. But in the meantime, educating people that these options are out there can be the difference between them finding their stride in FR and getting frustrated enough to quit.
Quote:
The most efficient farmers are a team of 3 eliminates for any venue during a festival
I disagree, but won't clog this thread further with a debate. However, I do believe, especially given the current droprate, the prevailing 'you must have 3' wisdom isn't helpful to new players. If, once they have their Mire trainer and are making steady cash, they want a second/third Eliminate to grind with (or to try out new builds), they're in a much better position to earn enough to obtain them.
8ehsCUT.pngY2CN2aK.pngPuZ4mfa.png
I don't support this, I've gotten 3 Eliminate drops in a single week while doing Coliseum. They are rare because of how useful they are, they shouldn't be easier to find since they give you the ability to farm money and goods really quickly.
I don't support this, I've gotten 3 Eliminate drops in a single week while doing Coliseum. They are rare because of how useful they are, they shouldn't be easier to find since they give you the ability to farm money and goods really quickly.
m91xEaw.png
1 2 3 4 5 6