Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | dominance related eye ratios
1 2 3 4
ok you're easing my mind but the idea was originally just a festival bonus... So I don't know if we post it as a new thread or what...
ok you're easing my mind but the idea was originally just a festival bonus... So I don't know if we post it as a new thread or what...
You can just edit the thread title and add the idea of it being dominance-related to the original post! No need for a new thread. :)
You can just edit the thread title and add the idea of it being dominance-related to the original post! No need for a new thread. :)

LTuUX3R.png

everything happens so much
nrPzdF6.png

I'M GONNA DRINK IT LIKE A PERSON
I like this idea in theory, but the practice concerns me. Any kind of further dom benefit does, admittedly. Over the years, dom has shifted so that certain flights have become very strong in dom while others have atrophied, and it's a trend that feeds itself - dom-active players leave weak flights for strong ones.

But this benefit's different than the others in that eyes are unique to each flight - they're not interchangeable. Light can never produce Wind primals, for instance. So this might end up producing weird results. As it currently stands, Earth and Light primal/multigaze would get much more common than, say, Fire and Shadow. Which may end up making those flights' rarest eyes devalue quicker. And if you don't like either of those eyes and you're in a flight that constantly wins dom, you're going to have to deal with them more often, and get less normal/tinted eyes. Some players may not regard this as a good thing. I know that Earth and Light primals are unpopular and controversial respectively, and a lot of people want to avoid Multi-Gaze entirely.

As lore, this makes complete sense to me. But the actuality of it is going to fall on the same flights very frequently, and while it's mostly a net positive to them... I can't say it's going to be unambiguously good for every member.

Certainly there's some neat opportunities involved. You can plan your breeding pairs for when your flight is making a push.
I like this idea in theory, but the practice concerns me. Any kind of further dom benefit does, admittedly. Over the years, dom has shifted so that certain flights have become very strong in dom while others have atrophied, and it's a trend that feeds itself - dom-active players leave weak flights for strong ones.

But this benefit's different than the others in that eyes are unique to each flight - they're not interchangeable. Light can never produce Wind primals, for instance. So this might end up producing weird results. As it currently stands, Earth and Light primal/multigaze would get much more common than, say, Fire and Shadow. Which may end up making those flights' rarest eyes devalue quicker. And if you don't like either of those eyes and you're in a flight that constantly wins dom, you're going to have to deal with them more often, and get less normal/tinted eyes. Some players may not regard this as a good thing. I know that Earth and Light primals are unpopular and controversial respectively, and a lot of people want to avoid Multi-Gaze entirely.

As lore, this makes complete sense to me. But the actuality of it is going to fall on the same flights very frequently, and while it's mostly a net positive to them... I can't say it's going to be unambiguously good for every member.

Certainly there's some neat opportunities involved. You can plan your breeding pairs for when your flight is making a push.
tumblr_inline_omxl63fueX1s9ucgw_500.gif
XPDxt22.png
so you think just a festival bonus? I mean if the odds are up only once a year for all the flights it might bring some balance to it...
so you think just a festival bonus? I mean if the odds are up only once a year for all the flights it might bring some balance to it...
i like the festival bonus idea

maybe all the super rare eyes can get like double the likelihood to show up then
i like the festival bonus idea

maybe all the super rare eyes can get like double the likelihood to show up then
give and get weird ugly soap or stained game game
Give & get space tertiary game
give & get medusa tertiary game
pretty dergs for sale v2 (open) next bargain bin next
wyvern-hatchling-fire-pixel.gif
Maybe the festival bonus could apply to all Flights, and not just the one that's celebrating the festival? One week of slightly boosted chances a month doesn't seem too gamebreaking. Maybe, say, Primal gets boosted from "0.42% hatch rate" to "2%-5% hatch rate" or something. Still very small odds, but better than the original.

This would give everyone an equal shot at the eyes, instead of saturating one or two dom-heavy Flights at a faster speed while less dom-heavy Flights linger at the usual rates for months. It would also breathe a bit of excitement into festivals, which have been "Grind/brew currency, get items, repeat for a week" for the last 5 years. :p
Maybe the festival bonus could apply to all Flights, and not just the one that's celebrating the festival? One week of slightly boosted chances a month doesn't seem too gamebreaking. Maybe, say, Primal gets boosted from "0.42% hatch rate" to "2%-5% hatch rate" or something. Still very small odds, but better than the original.

This would give everyone an equal shot at the eyes, instead of saturating one or two dom-heavy Flights at a faster speed while less dom-heavy Flights linger at the usual rates for months. It would also breathe a bit of excitement into festivals, which have been "Grind/brew currency, get items, repeat for a week" for the last 5 years. :p
PB-logo-transparent1.png gem.png Ashes | F
gem.png +4h FR time
gem.png Feel free to ping me!
[quote name="Ningyo" date="2018-06-21 15:00:42" ] Maybe the festival bonus could apply to all Flights, and not just the one that's celebrating the festival? One week of slightly boosted chances a month doesn't seem too gamebreaking. Maybe, say, Primal gets boosted from "0.42% hatch rate" to "2%-5% hatch rate" or something. Still very small odds, but better than the original. This would give everyone an equal shot at the eyes, instead of saturating one or two dom-heavy Flights at a faster speed while less dom-heavy Flights linger at the usual rates for months. It would also breathe a bit of excitement into festivals, which have been "Grind/brew currency, get items, repeat for a week" for the last 5 years. :p [/quote] This makes the most sense to me. That way all players would have something new to look forward to each festival instead of their own. (Although I still think the vials should be re-cycled.)
Ningyo wrote on 2018-06-21 15:00:42:

This makes the most sense to me. That way all players would have something new to look forward to each festival instead of their own. (Although I still think the vials should be re-cycled.)
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
I'm in support of this if it's for the Festivals only.
I'm in support of this if it's for the Festivals only.
m91xEaw.png
I would love to see this as an additional Dominance perk!! Full support! :~D
I would love to see this as an additional Dominance perk!! Full support! :~D
79645518.png81164874.png81260751.png81324635.png
I wouldn't mind seeing this during festivals or dom.

About the inflation concern before: I don't see this being too much incentive because the eyes already have gone down in price. I also don't think the breeding to buying ratio would change much, so prices would be left alone. The prices wouldn't be changing that much.

I won't say if it would end up being fair for the dom heavy vs dom light flights (Eg. Fire and Shadow), as I just don't know. It could make the dom light flights push more, it it could make more players leave those flights. Laluzi made some good points about it.
I wouldn't mind seeing this during festivals or dom.

About the inflation concern before: I don't see this being too much incentive because the eyes already have gone down in price. I also don't think the breeding to buying ratio would change much, so prices would be left alone. The prices wouldn't be changing that much.

I won't say if it would end up being fair for the dom heavy vs dom light flights (Eg. Fire and Shadow), as I just don't know. It could make the dom light flights push more, it it could make more players leave those flights. Laluzi made some good points about it.
Need a fodder trainer build? Try one of these:
Kelp Beds - Leviathan Leveler - 2 Fodder Trainer
GLR + Mire - Ghire Gorer - 2 Fodder
Mire - Mire Mauler - 2 Fodder
GLR - Ruin Wrecker - 2 Fodder Trainer
Boreal Wood- Boreal Banisher - 2 Fodder Trainer
Harpy's Roost - Roost Rustler - 2 Fodder Trainer
Launch_Plans_-_Small.png
(Don't ping the staff)
1 2 3 4