Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | dominance related eye ratios
1 2 3 4
[quote name="Greyjoy" date="2018-06-19 14:29:47" ] [quote name="Wulfraptor" date="2018-06-19 14:28:56" ] [quote name="Plagueheart" date="2018-06-19 14:22:46" ] [quote name="Wulfraptor" date="2018-06-19 10:37:02" ] uh not dom related that would cause fodder rates to skyrocket... besides dominance has nothing to do with the elemental energies because well you can exalt dragons from different flights meaning it is possible for example nature to win for exalting plague dragons... highly unlikely but still possible [/quote] Fodder rates skyrocketing is an incentive, not a disincentive. [/quote] yeah but it might crash the economy... And dominance is a matter of sheer numbers not a particular deity getting a surge in power... The flight is in control but it has nothing to do with the deity... So no tie to dominance. [/quote] It would invigorate, not crash the economy. [/quote] Precisely this. Higher fodder rates has the net result of transferring more money from the flight pushing for Dom to flights who aren't pushing, meaning the non-pushing flights can grab more of what they want (whatever that might be). Also, Dominance is [i]for the honor of the deity[/i] so I'm not seeing where you're taking issue with the idea flight Dominance isn't somehow tied to the deity's influence growing.
Greyjoy wrote on 2018-06-19 14:29:47:
Wulfraptor wrote on 2018-06-19 14:28:56:
Plagueheart wrote on 2018-06-19 14:22:46:
Wulfraptor wrote on 2018-06-19 10:37:02:
uh not dom related that would cause fodder rates to skyrocket...
besides dominance has nothing to do with the elemental energies because well you can exalt dragons from different flights meaning it is possible for example nature to win for exalting plague dragons... highly unlikely but still possible

Fodder rates skyrocketing is an incentive, not a disincentive.
yeah but it might crash the economy... And dominance is a matter of sheer numbers not a particular deity getting a surge in power... The flight is in control but it has nothing to do with the deity... So no tie to dominance.

It would invigorate, not crash the economy.

Precisely this. Higher fodder rates has the net result of transferring more money from the flight pushing for Dom to flights who aren't pushing, meaning the non-pushing flights can grab more of what they want (whatever that might be).

Also, Dominance is for the honor of the deity so I'm not seeing where you're taking issue with the idea flight Dominance isn't somehow tied to the deity's influence growing.

LTuUX3R.png

everything happens so much
nrPzdF6.png

I'M GONNA DRINK IT LIKE A PERSON
[/quote]

Precisely this. Higher fodder rates has the net result of transferring more money from the flight pushing for Dom to flights who aren't pushing, meaning the non-pushing flights can grab more of what they want (whatever that might be).

Also, Dominance is for the honor of the deity so I'm not seeing where you're taking issue with the idea flight Dominance isn't somehow tied to the deity's influence growing.
[/quote]

it isn't a matter of influence it's a matter of actual strength of the deity I was going under the assumption that the deity is at their most powerful during the festival therefore their magic is stronger resulting in that particular flight's nests having a higher chance to tap into that primal power and as a result get primal eyes.

The economy is stable at the moment inflation is still a little high in my opinion. If it were dominance related then our whole economy might go sideways with hyper inflation and new clans would never be able to get off the ground because they wouldn't be able to afford anything to get that coveted gene or get enough fodder to make it...
[/quote]

[/quote]

it isn't a matter of influence it's a matter of actual strength of the deity I was going under the assumption that the deity is at their most powerful during the festival therefore their magic is stronger resulting in that particular flight's nests having a higher chance to tap into that primal power and as a result get primal eyes.

The economy is stable at the moment inflation is still a little high in my opinion. If it were dominance related then our whole economy might go sideways with hyper inflation and new clans would never be able to get off the ground because they wouldn't be able to afford anything to get that coveted gene or get enough fodder to make it...
There's nothing to suggest that the deity is at their most powerful during the festival. They're simply a celebration of the element, there's no power involved.

The deities are at their most powerful when the Flight is dominant.

The elemental holidays are supposed to be a time of truce and the lore even says there's an armistice that happens during the festival weeks due to their celebration of a particular Element.

"Dominance is determined by a flight's dedication to exalting dragons. These dragons leave their home lairs to forever serve under their elemental deity, using their combined power to help combat the other flights, as well as the newly-emboldened Beastclan hordes."

Inflation is when currency becomes worthless when there is too much money around and not enough of value to spend it on. More people would be able to sell dragons for more... thus gaining more money and then they can then buy items from the marketplace more easily, thus getting rid of money faster.

Newbies would probably benefit. They'd be able to sell dragons for more than they can currently and afford the genes they want, which won't change in price, that much faster, and get rid of the money, rather than it sitting around.
There's nothing to suggest that the deity is at their most powerful during the festival. They're simply a celebration of the element, there's no power involved.

The deities are at their most powerful when the Flight is dominant.

The elemental holidays are supposed to be a time of truce and the lore even says there's an armistice that happens during the festival weeks due to their celebration of a particular Element.

"Dominance is determined by a flight's dedication to exalting dragons. These dragons leave their home lairs to forever serve under their elemental deity, using their combined power to help combat the other flights, as well as the newly-emboldened Beastclan hordes."

Inflation is when currency becomes worthless when there is too much money around and not enough of value to spend it on. More people would be able to sell dragons for more... thus gaining more money and then they can then buy items from the marketplace more easily, thus getting rid of money faster.

Newbies would probably benefit. They'd be able to sell dragons for more than they can currently and afford the genes they want, which won't change in price, that much faster, and get rid of the money, rather than it sitting around.
byGS9bb.png VtFVqTA.png
UK time. Sorry for timezone-related delays in responses. They/Them.
[quote name="Wulfraptor" date="2018-06-19 15:01:28" ]it isn't a matter of influence it's a matter of actual strength of the deity I was going under the assumption that the deity is at their most powerful during the festival therefore their magic is stronger resulting in that particular flight's nests having a higher chance to tap into that primal power and as a result get primal eyes.[/quote] But that assumption is nowhere encoded in the lore, and it makes equal sense to assume deities are more powerful while their flights are dominant. Perhaps even more sense, because the deity now has (as a result of the previous week's activities) even more dragons who've been exalted to them to work for their glory. [quote]The economy is stable at the moment inflation is still a little high in my opinion. If it were dominance related then our whole economy might go sideways with hyper inflation and new clans would never be able to get off the ground because they wouldn't be able to afford anything to get that coveted gene or get enough fodder to make it...[/quote] How is it hard for new players to get fodder? You can breed your first nest of fodder the instant your random progen shows up after you've finished creating your custom. If those hatchlings are guaranteed to sell for 8000t instead of 3000t, you now have [i]more[/i] money to get the things you want. Items sold through the treasure marketplace eventually creep down to be near their sale price (and if they're not after several months, people who buy them on the AH are making a mistake to purchase them there vs stalking the treasure MP--almost nothing has a genuinely low restock rate). If you're concerned about the knock-on effect of it becoming more expensive to purchase dragons and therefore harder to build breeding pairs to breed fodder--that [i]may[/i] be a potential problem. But if you can buy a pair of fast-breeding common fodder dragons for 16k a piece, and sell their nests for 8k-40k every two weeks, you quickly make back your investment on them.
Wulfraptor wrote on 2018-06-19 15:01:28:

But that assumption is nowhere encoded in the lore, and it makes equal sense to assume deities are more powerful while their flights are dominant. Perhaps even more sense, because the deity now has (as a result of the previous week's activities) even more dragons who've been exalted to them to work for their glory.
Quote:

How is it hard for new players to get fodder? You can breed your first nest of fodder the instant your random progen shows up after you've finished creating your custom. If those hatchlings are guaranteed to sell for 8000t instead of 3000t, you now have more money to get the things you want. Items sold through the treasure marketplace eventually creep down to be near their sale price (and if they're not after several months, people who buy them on the AH are making a mistake to purchase them there vs stalking the treasure MP--almost nothing has a genuinely low restock rate).

If you're concerned about the knock-on effect of it becoming more expensive to purchase dragons and therefore harder to build breeding pairs to breed fodder--that may be a potential problem. But if you can buy a pair of fast-breeding common fodder dragons for 16k a piece, and sell their nests for 8k-40k every two weeks, you quickly make back your investment on them.

LTuUX3R.png

nrPzdF6.png

I just wanted it for the festivals so each flight would have a fair shot... Otherwise one of the higher dominance flights like mine would have a flood of primal eyes while a low achieving flight like shadow or plague would have next to none...
I just wanted it for the festivals so each flight would have a fair shot... Otherwise one of the higher dominance flights like mine would have a flood of primal eyes while a low achieving flight like shadow or plague would have next to none...
[quote name="Wulfraptor" date="2018-06-19 15:39:50" ] I just wanted it for the festivals so each flight would have a fair shot... Otherwise one of the higher dominance flights like mine would have a flood of primal eyes while a low achieving flight like shadow or plague would have next to none... [/quote] Excuse you. We achieve [i]just fine[/i] when we want to. ;) We just don't want to right now. Anyway, since every flight gets dominance for their festival by custom, every flight would have at least one shot a year for better chances of fancy eye types. And, having something more interesting to fight for may make otherwise indolent flights participate more in dominance. ETA: Also, in the future, just say that! "I think it would be most fair if people only got this bonus during their flight festival and here's why." No need to make an appeal to lore. I do think your concern about the economy may potentially be valid, now that I've thought about it more, but I think pushing people to exalt & participate in dominance more (and therefore driving up fodder prices) would end up being a net benefit to the game overall.
Wulfraptor wrote on 2018-06-19 15:39:50:

Excuse you. We achieve just fine when we want to. ;) We just don't want to right now.

Anyway, since every flight gets dominance for their festival by custom, every flight would have at least one shot a year for better chances of fancy eye types. And, having something more interesting to fight for may make otherwise indolent flights participate more in dominance.

ETA: Also, in the future, just say that! "I think it would be most fair if people only got this bonus during their flight festival and here's why." No need to make an appeal to lore. I do think your concern about the economy may potentially be valid, now that I've thought about it more, but I think pushing people to exalt & participate in dominance more (and therefore driving up fodder prices) would end up being a net benefit to the game overall.

LTuUX3R.png

nrPzdF6.png

I've seen hyper inflation on other sites namely Exhibited and Beastkeeper though there is no dominance system in place but hyper inflation makes newer players miserable and quit the game... I almost did several times... I don't want to put off other players... I was offering a lore explanation to make it seem more interesting
I've seen hyper inflation on other sites namely Exhibited and Beastkeeper though there is no dominance system in place but hyper inflation makes newer players miserable and quit the game... I almost did several times... I don't want to put off other players... I was offering a lore explanation to make it seem more interesting
[quote name="Wulfraptor" date="2018-06-19 15:56:19" ] I've seen hyper inflation on other sites namely Exhibited and Beastkeeper though there is no dominance system in place but hyper inflation makes newer players miserable and quit the game... I almost did several times... I don't want to put off other players... I was offering a lore explanation to make it seem more interesting [/quote] I don't think anyone's arguing that hyperinflation is miserable and hurts new players. We're arguing that increased fodder prices probably wouldn't cause hyperinflation, because it represents a transfer of treasure between players. If exaltation rewards [i]also[/i] increased in step with fodder prices, then you might see hyperinflation because more treasure is being generated by the site and given to players. But when it's treasure changing hands between players, you don't get the same situation that leads to hyperinflation. The same amount of treasure is in the system, it just moved to a different player.
Wulfraptor wrote on 2018-06-19 15:56:19:

I don't think anyone's arguing that hyperinflation is miserable and hurts new players. We're arguing that increased fodder prices probably wouldn't cause hyperinflation, because it represents a transfer of treasure between players. If exaltation rewards also increased in step with fodder prices, then you might see hyperinflation because more treasure is being generated by the site and given to players. But when it's treasure changing hands between players, you don't get the same situation that leads to hyperinflation. The same amount of treasure is in the system, it just moved to a different player.

LTuUX3R.png

nrPzdF6.png

still don't like even the chance... makes me nervous...
[quote name="Wulfraptor" date="2018-06-19 16:08:49" ] still don't like even the chance... makes me nervous... [/quote] I completely understand; I've played on games with serious hyperinflation before and it really isn't any fun. But I don't think it will happen as a result of fodder prices going up--nor do I think fodder prices will permanently go up as it is, because as I said before, exaltation payout won't change. Which means unless having more of a given type of primal eye means players in that flight can make more money on their hatchlings above fodder price (unlikely), people aren't going to push that much harder for exaltation than they have because it's not worthwhile to buy fodder up into the range of 20k/dragon when you can only exalt for 9k/dragon.
Wulfraptor wrote on 2018-06-19 16:08:49:

I completely understand; I've played on games with serious hyperinflation before and it really isn't any fun. But I don't think it will happen as a result of fodder prices going up--nor do I think fodder prices will permanently go up as it is, because as I said before, exaltation payout won't change.

Which means unless having more of a given type of primal eye means players in that flight can make more money on their hatchlings above fodder price (unlikely), people aren't going to push that much harder for exaltation than they have because it's not worthwhile to buy fodder up into the range of 20k/dragon when you can only exalt for 9k/dragon.

LTuUX3R.png

nrPzdF6.png

1 2 3 4