Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | I still want the old eyes back
1 2 3 4 5 6
While yes, I agree that the staff shouldn’t of changed the eyes without a warning beforehand, I don’t support any kind of legacy or revert back to old eye item.

As stated in the staff’s update thread last week:
“On the subject of Common eyes (we touched on this yesterday in the announcement thread, but we want to mention it again): We normally note official art updates in an announcement post and (this is embarrassing) we just straight forgot to note it. With the release of Eye Types, we took the opportunity to standardize the Common Eye hue to be consistent across breeds.”
(Would’ve quoted regularly, but the thread is locked)

They made the change to the eyes as a fix. A fix to make the eyes look consistent among all breeds. Why would the staff make a change only to allow users to go back to the old, unfixed version?

I feel for the users who’s dragons were changed to something they don’t like. But it just doesn’t make sense to me to go back to the old eyes. So again, no support.

(Please don’t ping me)

While yes, I agree that the staff shouldn’t of changed the eyes without a warning beforehand, I don’t support any kind of legacy or revert back to old eye item.

“On the subject of Common eyes (we touched on this yesterday in the announcement thread, but we want to mention it again): We normally note official art updates in an announcement post and (this is embarrassing) we just straight forgot to note it. With the release of Eye Types, we took the opportunity to standardize the Common Eye hue to be consistent across breeds.”

They made the change to the eyes as a fix. A fix to make the eyes look consistent among all breeds. Why would the staff make a change only to allow users to go back to the old, unfixed version?

I feel for the users who’s dragons were changed to something they don’t like. But it just doesn’t make sense to me to go back to the old eyes. So again, no support.

(Please don’t ping me)

ampharos.png 20 | any pronouns | about me | accents |
[quote name="turtlee" date="2018-06-22 08:25:12" ] While yes, I agree that the staff shouldn’t of changed the eyes without a warning beforehand, I don’t support any kind of legacy or revert back to old eye item. As stated in the staff’s update thread last week: “On the subject of Common eyes (we touched on this yesterday in the announcement thread, but we want to mention it again): We normally note official art updates in an announcement post and (this is embarrassing) we just straight forgot to note it. With the release of Eye Types, we took the opportunity to standardize the Common Eye hue to be consistent across breeds.” (Would’ve quoted regularly, but the thread is locked) They made the change to the eyes as a fix. A fix to make the eyes look consistent among all breeds. Why would the staff make a change only to allow users to go back to the old, unfixed version? I feel for the users who’s dragons were changed to something they don’t like. But it just doesn’t make sense to me to go back to the old eyes. So again, no support. (Please don’t ping me) [/quote] But it’s more than just not liking the new changes. It’s the fact that they have literally introduced [i]more[/i] problems and inconsistencies than before. There are plenty of examples in this thread and others, if you do some digging. Eye colours & shades are so unforgivably different on different dragons, especially Plague. Gradients have been flipped on some breeds, shading and depth have been all but removed on some dragons, giving the appearance of a flat, lifeless gaze, scleras have been randomly coloured on some breeds which just looks [i]horrible[/i] and removes all their personality, not to mention it creates inconsistencies with official site art (see Tomo and compare her to the new Snapper eyes), the list goes on and on. It’s not just that people hate the new eyes’ look (even though we really, [i]really[/i] do), but that there are so many problems, it’s ridiculous to believe that they went in with the intention of correcting art errors and made [i]so[/i] many more in the process.
turtlee wrote on 2018-06-22 08:25:12:

(Please don’t ping me)

But it’s more than just not liking the new changes. It’s the fact that they have literally introduced more problems and inconsistencies than before. There are plenty of examples in this thread and others, if you do some digging.

Eye colours & shades are so unforgivably different on different dragons, especially Plague. Gradients have been flipped on some breeds, shading and depth have been all but removed on some dragons, giving the appearance of a flat, lifeless gaze, scleras have been randomly coloured on some breeds which just looks horrible and removes all their personality, not to mention it creates inconsistencies with official site art (see Tomo and compare her to the new Snapper eyes), the list goes on and on.

It’s not just that people hate the new eyes’ look (even though we really, really do), but that there are so many problems, it’s ridiculous to believe that they went in with the intention of correcting art errors and made so many more in the process.
Salt
[quote name="Ningyo" date="2018-06-21 08:41:10" ] The new variety is great; I enjoy it! I'm just upset that the variety [b]replaced[/b] the original eyes that so many users bought, bred, and gened dragons for, and that so many people chose their Flights for. :( There was really no need to nuke the old eyes to bring in new ones; nobody would've been mad if the old Common eyes stayed the same. [/quote] This hits the nail on the head for me. New eye types? Great!Changing something so core with no warning and no option for people to keep the old version? Really not great. Eye types are such an integral thing to the site and the flight system. This was not a minor change, not something one can avoid by picking a different gene or different outfit. The change, and the utter lack of response from staff about people's concerns, has worried me that such art changes could happen again in the future. It makes me feel less attached to my dragons knowing that their appearances could drastically change (and some of the eye changes are drastic!) with no warning and no way to prevent it. Like a few other people have mentioned, this strongly disincentives me from buying gems. What's the point of trying to create a dragon of a certain aesthetic if site admin can just change existing dragon appearances? *Shrug*
Ningyo wrote on 2018-06-21 08:41:10:
The new variety is great; I enjoy it! I'm just upset that the variety replaced the original eyes that so many users bought, bred, and gened dragons for, and that so many people chose their Flights for. :( There was really no need to nuke the old eyes to bring in new ones; nobody would've been mad if the old Common eyes stayed the same.

This hits the nail on the head for me. New eye types? Great!Changing something so core with no warning and no option for people to keep the old version? Really not great.

Eye types are such an integral thing to the site and the flight system. This was not a minor change, not something one can avoid by picking a different gene or different outfit. The change, and the utter lack of response from staff about people's concerns, has worried me that such art changes could happen again in the future. It makes me feel less attached to my dragons knowing that their appearances could drastically change (and some of the eye changes are drastic!) with no warning and no way to prevent it.

Like a few other people have mentioned, this strongly disincentives me from buying gems. What's the point of trying to create a dragon of a certain aesthetic if site admin can just change existing dragon appearances? *Shrug*
[quote name="Alight" date="2018-06-22 08:33:10] But it’s more than just not liking the new changes. It’s the fact that they have literally introduced [i]more[/i] problems and inconsistencies than before. There are plenty of examples in this thread and others, if you do some digging. Eye colours & shades are so unforgivably different on different dragons, especially Plague. Gradients have been flipped on some breeds, shading and depth have been all but removed on some dragons, giving the appearance of a flat, lifeless gaze, scleras have been randomly coloured on some breeds which just looks [i]horrible[/i] and removes all their personality, not to mention it creates inconsistencies with official site art (see Tomo and compare her to the new Snapper eyes), the list goes on and on. It’s not just that people hate the new eyes’ look (even though we really, [i]really[/i] do), but that there are so many problems, it’s ridiculous to believe that they went in with the intention of correcting art errors and made [i]so[/i] many more in the process. [/quote] Precisely this! It's not just that I dislike the new hues; they actually [b]changed the lineart and shading[/b] on all dragons' eyes. That's more than just "standardizing hues" like they said-- claiming the update was for colour standardization (despite colours [i]still not being consistent[/i]) whilst changing the lines and shading is... lying to the userbase, essentially. The art quality has gone down. Dragons lost the personality they once had because the lines, shading, and sclera all got messed up. Aside from male Coatls and their super-detailed eyes, dragons look very flat and lifeless compared to what they used to be. I am very upset about the hue changes as well- I joined Light for the pale yellow eyes, not lemon-yellow, and my Plague PC is ruined- but I'm most hurt by the changes to lines, shading, and sclera. Again, that's more than "standardizing hues". I think the affected users deserve some kind of compensation or Legacy eye item, especially since so many of us spent [b]real money[/b] perfecting our dragons only for them to change it all for what is frankly a silly, unnecessary reason.
Alight wrote on "2018-06-22:
But it’s more than just not liking the new changes. It’s the fact that they have literally introduced more problems and inconsistencies than before. There are plenty of examples in this thread and others, if you do some digging.

Eye colours & shades are so unforgivably different on different dragons, especially Plague. Gradients have been flipped on some breeds, shading and depth have been all but removed on some dragons, giving the appearance of a flat, lifeless gaze, scleras have been randomly coloured on some breeds which just looks horrible and removes all their personality, not to mention it creates inconsistencies with official site art (see Tomo and compare her to the new Snapper eyes), the list goes on and on.

It’s not just that people hate the new eyes’ look (even though we really, really do), but that there are so many problems, it’s ridiculous to believe that they went in with the intention of correcting art errors and made so many more in the process.

Precisely this!

It's not just that I dislike the new hues; they actually changed the lineart and shading on all dragons' eyes. That's more than just "standardizing hues" like they said-- claiming the update was for colour standardization (despite colours still not being consistent) whilst changing the lines and shading is... lying to the userbase, essentially.

The art quality has gone down. Dragons lost the personality they once had because the lines, shading, and sclera all got messed up. Aside from male Coatls and their super-detailed eyes, dragons look very flat and lifeless compared to what they used to be.

I am very upset about the hue changes as well- I joined Light for the pale yellow eyes, not lemon-yellow, and my Plague PC is ruined- but I'm most hurt by the changes to lines, shading, and sclera.

Again, that's more than "standardizing hues". I think the affected users deserve some kind of compensation or Legacy eye item, especially since so many of us spent real money perfecting our dragons only for them to change it all for what is frankly a silly, unnecessary reason.
PB-logo-transparent1.png gem.png Ashes | F
gem.png +4h FR time
gem.png Feel free to ping me!
Almost a month later and I still want the old eyes back, or at least the colors changed back to what they were. I don't really care what the reasoning is for the site that this change was made. It was 100% unnecessary not to keep legacy on as an option.

A lot of things have changed on the site for better or for worse. This is the first change that has sapped a lot of motivation to continue from me.
Almost a month later and I still want the old eyes back, or at least the colors changed back to what they were. I don't really care what the reasoning is for the site that this change was made. It was 100% unnecessary not to keep legacy on as an option.

A lot of things have changed on the site for better or for worse. This is the first change that has sapped a lot of motivation to continue from me.
@Scyther - Me too. :( I don't mind having the new Common as an option, but taking away the old Common completely was a very bad idea. Aside from ruining dragons that people have spent money on and owned for years, it also throws off all of those matching multi-eye accents people made and purchased, as well as commissioned artwork. It's such a mess, urgh.

I'm starting to lose motivation to play, too, for the first time in 5 years. I could live with the CWE changes, even if I really disliked them. I didn't have a lot of dragons badly affected, and those that were could be fixed with new genes or accents. But the eye standardization affects all dragons on-site, sometimes very drastically, and there's no way to fix it. :(

There's no reason why the old Common eyes can't come back as their own eye type, or even a "contacts"-style apparel item.
@Scyther - Me too. :( I don't mind having the new Common as an option, but taking away the old Common completely was a very bad idea. Aside from ruining dragons that people have spent money on and owned for years, it also throws off all of those matching multi-eye accents people made and purchased, as well as commissioned artwork. It's such a mess, urgh.

I'm starting to lose motivation to play, too, for the first time in 5 years. I could live with the CWE changes, even if I really disliked them. I didn't have a lot of dragons badly affected, and those that were could be fixed with new genes or accents. But the eye standardization affects all dragons on-site, sometimes very drastically, and there's no way to fix it. :(

There's no reason why the old Common eyes can't come back as their own eye type, or even a "contacts"-style apparel item.
gem.png +4h FR time
Still want them back. Kinda ridiculous to not even have acknowledgement one way or the other.
Still want them back. Kinda ridiculous to not even have acknowledgement one way or the other.
I’m hoping that the silence around the issue is a good thing— most of the time, if staff is firm about something not happening (ie. dragons dying, restoring old non-progen exalts, Imperial scrolls being rereleased), they’ll tell us directly. Someone pointed out in the “Legacy Eye Type” thread that the staff is clearly aware that users want the old eye artwork back, since they were very clear about saying that the Vial of Tempered Sight “will not revert a dragon’s eyes to the Legacy, pre-update artwork”.

So... while I don’t know either, I would like to believe that staff would tell us if we’re never going to get a way to put the old eyes back on our dragons. :’| And since we haven’t gotten any negative confirmation like that, I’m trying to hold on to whatever scraps I can, haha.

I really want the old eyes back. Not just the colours; the lineart, too. ;__; I can’t see my dragons’ pupils anymore and my Guardians (which I have a lot of) have large, flat eyes that look awful next to the original artwork.
I’m hoping that the silence around the issue is a good thing— most of the time, if staff is firm about something not happening (ie. dragons dying, restoring old non-progen exalts, Imperial scrolls being rereleased), they’ll tell us directly. Someone pointed out in the “Legacy Eye Type” thread that the staff is clearly aware that users want the old eye artwork back, since they were very clear about saying that the Vial of Tempered Sight “will not revert a dragon’s eyes to the Legacy, pre-update artwork”.

So... while I don’t know either, I would like to believe that staff would tell us if we’re never going to get a way to put the old eyes back on our dragons. :’| And since we haven’t gotten any negative confirmation like that, I’m trying to hold on to whatever scraps I can, haha.

I really want the old eyes back. Not just the colours; the lineart, too. ;__; I can’t see my dragons’ pupils anymore and my Guardians (which I have a lot of) have large, flat eyes that look awful next to the original artwork.
gem.png +4h FR time
@Ningyo

Just wanna say I super appreciate your posts in these threads. You're very well-spoken without being as gloom and doom as I feel about it, lol.

I hope you're right.
@Ningyo

Just wanna say I super appreciate your posts in these threads. You're very well-spoken without being as gloom and doom as I feel about it, lol.

I hope you're right.
Why are the admins ignoring us on this? I've seen so many threads about it. Everyone wants them back.
Why are the admins ignoring us on this? I've seen so many threads about it. Everyone wants them back.
t00QRwj.png rOVa8hM.png 6260.png
Wishlist
Clan lore
** They/them
+3 FR time
Adopt shop zAddafE.gifGI49w5A.gif
+3 FR time
1 2 3 4 5 6