Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | I still want the old eyes back
1 2 3 4 5 6
I'm not very optimistic that they'll go back to how eyes were before.

I'm just so bummed out.
I'm not very optimistic that they'll go back to how eyes were before.

I'm just so bummed out.
Support.

A couple of my dragons looked so much better before the update, and while I still love them, I want the old eyes back. One of my dragon's is especially changed; before her eyes seemed larger and had a faint glowing effect, now they're much duller and not nearly as pretty as they used to be.
Support.

A couple of my dragons looked so much better before the update, and while I still love them, I want the old eyes back. One of my dragon's is especially changed; before her eyes seemed larger and had a faint glowing effect, now they're much duller and not nearly as pretty as they used to be.
I really do not want the old eyes back as in revert the eyes to how they were before. I do think a type of "legacy scroll would be a good addition though.
I really do not want the old eyes back as in revert the eyes to how they were before. I do think a type of "legacy scroll would be a good addition though.
3915_350.png
Honestly I doubt they'll change them back, they've made various art changes over the years and while it has been suggested to have both versions on site but the staff never did anything about it.

Sorry but we'll just have to get used to it, dont get me wrong I wouldn't mind a 'legacy vial' to exist. But given the staff has thus far not reverted (or have both versions of ) any art changes they've made I can guarantee this wont happen :c
Honestly I doubt they'll change them back, they've made various art changes over the years and while it has been suggested to have both versions on site but the staff never did anything about it.

Sorry but we'll just have to get used to it, dont get me wrong I wouldn't mind a 'legacy vial' to exist. But given the staff has thus far not reverted (or have both versions of ) any art changes they've made I can guarantee this wont happen :c
DVcXRyP.png
@Apocalyptichorse - Aside from apparel updates, we haven't gotten an art update like this before, so I think the possibility is still there?

The changes to colours like Seafoam, Rose, and Ice couldn't have a "legacy option" because the colour updates were for their new automated colour and gene system. Legacy eyes would just be a new eye type, and since they said they were going to add in more eye types, I don't see why they couldn't make this an option eventually. :o

Aside from "well new dragon breeds couldn't have those eyes", but I'm sure they could figure something out that would match the "classic" look of the old dragon eyes.

I at least hope they fix the lack of pupils and lineart/shading in dragons' new eyes, though. That's more than just a "colour change for standardization", and looks kinda sloppy. D:
@Apocalyptichorse - Aside from apparel updates, we haven't gotten an art update like this before, so I think the possibility is still there?

The changes to colours like Seafoam, Rose, and Ice couldn't have a "legacy option" because the colour updates were for their new automated colour and gene system. Legacy eyes would just be a new eye type, and since they said they were going to add in more eye types, I don't see why they couldn't make this an option eventually. :o

Aside from "well new dragon breeds couldn't have those eyes", but I'm sure they could figure something out that would match the "classic" look of the old dragon eyes.

I at least hope they fix the lack of pupils and lineart/shading in dragons' new eyes, though. That's more than just a "colour change for standardization", and looks kinda sloppy. D:
PB-logo-transparent1.png gem.png Ashes | F
gem.png +4h FR time
gem.png Feel free to ping me!
There was the Jupiter/Saturn gene update. And the fox on the reverse Clown female nocturne many people loved. In both cases, people asked for the old and new versions. I still think a reverse clown gene would be an amazing addition to the site.

But even as the staff has stuck to their guns in the past and not released two versions despite mass outcry (armor I'm looking at you), I'm still going to support a legacy vial for those who want it.
There was the Jupiter/Saturn gene update. And the fox on the reverse Clown female nocturne many people loved. In both cases, people asked for the old and new versions. I still think a reverse clown gene would be an amazing addition to the site.

But even as the staff has stuck to their guns in the past and not released two versions despite mass outcry (armor I'm looking at you), I'm still going to support a legacy vial for those who want it.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
[quote name="gemajgall" date="2018-06-19 07:58:59" ] There was the Jupiter/Saturn gene update. And the fox on the reverse Clown female nocturne many people loved. In both cases, people asked for the old and new versions. I still think a reverse clown gene would be an amazing addition to the site. [/quote] If I remember correctly, they updated Jupiter/Saturn even though they didn't [i]really[/i] need to, because people were asking them to make the patterning tighter. So maybe...??? they'll offer a Legacy eye type if enough people request it? It's not like the art for the old eyes was chunky and dated like the old armor (which I do feel they should've left alone, or just given a facelift to instead of an overhaul), so it wouldn't look out of place on today's dragons. I'm probably going to send in a ticket today to suggest legacy eyes, or at least fixing the lines and shading on the Common eyes. :p Colour standardization sucks, but is at least more reasonable than wrecking the detail in the lines and shading.
gemajgall wrote on 2018-06-19 07:58:59:

If I remember correctly, they updated Jupiter/Saturn even though they didn't really need to, because people were asking them to make the patterning tighter.

So maybe...??? they'll offer a Legacy eye type if enough people request it? It's not like the art for the old eyes was chunky and dated like the old armor (which I do feel they should've left alone, or just given a facelift to instead of an overhaul), so it wouldn't look out of place on today's dragons.

I'm probably going to send in a ticket today to suggest legacy eyes, or at least fixing the lines and shading on the Common eyes. :p Colour standardization sucks, but is at least more reasonable than wrecking the detail in the lines and shading.
PB-logo-transparent1.png gem.png Ashes | F
gem.png +4h FR time
gem.png Feel free to ping me!
[quote name="Ningyo" date="2018-06-19 08:22:06" ] [quote name="gemajgall" date="2018-06-19 07:58:59" ] There was the Jupiter/Saturn gene update. And the fox on the reverse Clown female nocturne many people loved. In both cases, people asked for the old and new versions. I still think a reverse clown gene would be an amazing addition to the site. [/quote] If I remember correctly, they updated Jupiter/Saturn even though they didn't [i]really[/i] need to, because people were asking them to make the patterning tighter. So maybe...??? they'll offer a Legacy eye type if enough people request it? It's not like the art for the old eyes was chunky and dated like the old armor (which I do feel they should've left alone, or just given a facelift to instead of an overhaul), so it wouldn't look out of place on today's dragons. I'm probably going to send in a ticket today to suggest legacy eyes, or at least fixing the lines and shading on the Common eyes. :p Colour standardization sucks, but is at least more reasonable than wrecking the detail in the lines and shading. [/quote] Oh yeah, I agree legacy eyes needs to happen even if the FR staff has a habit of digging in their heels. Good luck with your ticket!
Ningyo wrote on 2018-06-19 08:22:06:
gemajgall wrote on 2018-06-19 07:58:59:

If I remember correctly, they updated Jupiter/Saturn even though they didn't really need to, because people were asking them to make the patterning tighter.

So maybe...??? they'll offer a Legacy eye type if enough people request it? It's not like the art for the old eyes was chunky and dated like the old armor (which I do feel they should've left alone, or just given a facelift to instead of an overhaul), so it wouldn't look out of place on today's dragons.

I'm probably going to send in a ticket today to suggest legacy eyes, or at least fixing the lines and shading on the Common eyes. :p Colour standardization sucks, but is at least more reasonable than wrecking the detail in the lines and shading.
Oh yeah, I agree legacy eyes needs to happen even if the FR staff has a habit of digging in their heels. Good luck with your ticket!
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
Voicing my support for a Legacy Vial.

I know some people like the new eyes, and I know they must have changed them all for some reason (standard colours is not the case, they still have differences between breeds), but I would like my bogsneak girl to not look like some queen of death, and I would like my 5 year old progenitor to have her eyes back and return these glass balls, please. Female Tundras have glass eyes instead of shy eyes regardless of what type of eye. I can't even scatter her to get something normal-looking again, like I could with my important Spirals, since all the new eyes have the same issue. For now I'm using Marva's eyes to keep from wincing each time I look at her.

Not going to keep going on about this, people have voiced what's been changed in this update many times and far better than I could. I just want to add that this by far was the worst part of the update for me, and I would appreciate any option of being able to return to legacy eyes.
Voicing my support for a Legacy Vial.

I know some people like the new eyes, and I know they must have changed them all for some reason (standard colours is not the case, they still have differences between breeds), but I would like my bogsneak girl to not look like some queen of death, and I would like my 5 year old progenitor to have her eyes back and return these glass balls, please. Female Tundras have glass eyes instead of shy eyes regardless of what type of eye. I can't even scatter her to get something normal-looking again, like I could with my important Spirals, since all the new eyes have the same issue. For now I'm using Marva's eyes to keep from wincing each time I look at her.

Not going to keep going on about this, people have voiced what's been changed in this update many times and far better than I could. I just want to add that this by far was the worst part of the update for me, and I would appreciate any option of being able to return to legacy eyes.
lmBVOQT.gif
We know who you are, we know everything about you
And we know where you live, oh, we know where you live...

Art Store
SNH9aOp.gif
I strongly support some type of legacy eye. I am going to have to work some sort of lore about mind control drug taking over my lair as well as a curse that took away my one SD females eyes. She has none now.
I strongly support some type of legacy eye. I am going to have to work some sort of lore about mind control drug taking over my lair as well as a curse that took away my one SD females eyes. She has none now.
Stuff will one day go here.
1 2 3 4 5 6