Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Various eye vials - 90% problem fixes
1 2 ... 78 79 80 81 82 ... 111 112
read the thing and I completely agree!

Mostly because it just seems.. for a lack of better words, dumb.

Isn't the whole spirit of flight rising mostly being able to customize your dragons? That's what everyone on this site has fallen in love with and it has kept them here.

The very fact that it is retired, seems to be almost an active decision to go against this.

Proposed solution #1:
Let the Scattersight Vial be able to be gathered/ dropped in the coli/ brewed every week of the fr anniversary? It'd mean that they'd still be kinda rare during some months of the year, but not entirely impossible to obtain altogether.
During those "rare" months were there is more demand than supply, people who stocked up on scattersights will be able to gain profit for their patience.

Proposed solution but with more anti:
Have players rent "tools" or maybe a sensor type of item that will allow them to find Scattersights/ other vial items while gathering/coli grinding. And these "tools" will have like a expensive rental fee on them. (Think about a quarter of a mil of treasure/ 250 gems each time)
They can only be rented for three days or up to a week, how long would be all up to rng. Then are on cool down for perhaps a month for "maintenance". This would be a MASSIVE treasure + gem sink.

Third option (I honestly had more ideas than I thought I'd make up?):
Make special rare dungeons that can be found while coli grinding that need a specific element to get into that would correspond with the venue's main element/region.
Make a new boss plus a few monsters, and then simply leave a chest that can open with rare items like the vials, apparel, and maybe a few gems/treasure. The items should scale with level, so people wouldn't be grinding through the training venue, hoping to get some vials really quickly.

(Edited just to make a few minor formatting changes.)
read the thing and I completely agree!

Mostly because it just seems.. for a lack of better words, dumb.

Isn't the whole spirit of flight rising mostly being able to customize your dragons? That's what everyone on this site has fallen in love with and it has kept them here.

The very fact that it is retired, seems to be almost an active decision to go against this.

Proposed solution #1:
Let the Scattersight Vial be able to be gathered/ dropped in the coli/ brewed every week of the fr anniversary? It'd mean that they'd still be kinda rare during some months of the year, but not entirely impossible to obtain altogether.
During those "rare" months were there is more demand than supply, people who stocked up on scattersights will be able to gain profit for their patience.

Proposed solution but with more anti:
Have players rent "tools" or maybe a sensor type of item that will allow them to find Scattersights/ other vial items while gathering/coli grinding. And these "tools" will have like a expensive rental fee on them. (Think about a quarter of a mil of treasure/ 250 gems each time)
They can only be rented for three days or up to a week, how long would be all up to rng. Then are on cool down for perhaps a month for "maintenance". This would be a MASSIVE treasure + gem sink.

Third option (I honestly had more ideas than I thought I'd make up?):
Make special rare dungeons that can be found while coli grinding that need a specific element to get into that would correspond with the venue's main element/region.
Make a new boss plus a few monsters, and then simply leave a chest that can open with rare items like the vials, apparel, and maybe a few gems/treasure. The items should scale with level, so people wouldn't be grinding through the training venue, hoping to get some vials really quickly.

(Edited just to make a few minor formatting changes.)
WEtoEVH.png
Full support on this; though I am not too affected by the new eye updates and find no interest in changing anything for my dragons, seeing everyone else so disappointed when it was all released makes me feel disappointed as well XD I do think there could have been better ways to approach the updates and this is what we are looking for. Everything written here seems like a great fix to all of the complaints I had and have seen throughout, and I thank you for creating this! It really brings the community together like you said, and I'm sure we will get more out of this soon.
Full support on this; though I am not too affected by the new eye updates and find no interest in changing anything for my dragons, seeing everyone else so disappointed when it was all released makes me feel disappointed as well XD I do think there could have been better ways to approach the updates and this is what we are looking for. Everything written here seems like a great fix to all of the complaints I had and have seen throughout, and I thank you for creating this! It really brings the community together like you said, and I'm sure we will get more out of this soon.
74332c694ca06bf1ae3ceeac370ec53d30d44605.png
Full support!
I especially like the specific idea of primalsight vials being dropped around festivals; that's such a fun lore tie-in.
Full support!
I especially like the specific idea of primalsight vials being dropped around festivals; that's such a fun lore tie-in.
We're into March already and this hasn't been addressed. That makes me feel sad. We're three months out from the next anniversary. It's amazing how time flies. I hope we get something like this for the eyes by then.
We're into March already and this hasn't been addressed. That makes me feel sad. We're three months out from the next anniversary. It's amazing how time flies. I hope we get something like this for the eyes by then.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
Support.

I’m currently working on getting a Obsitian/blackberry-mullbevery/antique-White female with shadow primal.

I have the colors down to what I’m okay with but having to rent out nests for the chance at a primal is going to take forever. Doubly so as I need it to be a female.
Support.

I’m currently working on getting a Obsitian/blackberry-mullbevery/antique-White female with shadow primal.

I have the colors down to what I’m okay with but having to rent out nests for the chance at a primal is going to take forever. Doubly so as I need it to be a female.
Currently looking for: Sable/Blush G1s
Girlfriend of Azurodin,
I feel like I’ve mentioned this before, but I’d also like to see vials for Uncommon-Rare in the Treasure MP! Those eye types add literally nothing at all to dragons, even G1s. Any “special” feeling or imaginary value those types add died within a week of release.

Of course matching eyes will always net more Treasure than clashing eyes, but that’s been a thing since forever, even when we only had the old default eyes. Unusual eyes on their own are worth nothing. I don’t understand why a simple tint change has to be locked behind a retired, RNG-based consumable that sells for 300g+ a piece.

We’re coming up on the next anniversary, and I’m honestly kind of scared because the Eyepocalypse was handled so horribly. :(

Please, staff, we want to love this update! New eye types are an awesome idea! But locking dragons out of the Natural eye types, retiring the Scattersights forever, and changing the eyes of all dragons on site is not fun. The anniversary was stressful for so many people, and while it wasn’t your intention to hurt anyone, “Sorry you hated it, but we don’t really care; we’re sticking to our guns” is... not a good response. Like, at all. :c

Cycling Scattersights or introducing Natural eye vials, and adding in Legacy eyes, would solve 99% of the problems everyone has with the update. Just a few tweaks and we would all be able to enjoy the new features to the fullest. I hope the staff is still listening...
I feel like I’ve mentioned this before, but I’d also like to see vials for Uncommon-Rare in the Treasure MP! Those eye types add literally nothing at all to dragons, even G1s. Any “special” feeling or imaginary value those types add died within a week of release.

Of course matching eyes will always net more Treasure than clashing eyes, but that’s been a thing since forever, even when we only had the old default eyes. Unusual eyes on their own are worth nothing. I don’t understand why a simple tint change has to be locked behind a retired, RNG-based consumable that sells for 300g+ a piece.

We’re coming up on the next anniversary, and I’m honestly kind of scared because the Eyepocalypse was handled so horribly. :(

Please, staff, we want to love this update! New eye types are an awesome idea! But locking dragons out of the Natural eye types, retiring the Scattersights forever, and changing the eyes of all dragons on site is not fun. The anniversary was stressful for so many people, and while it wasn’t your intention to hurt anyone, “Sorry you hated it, but we don’t really care; we’re sticking to our guns” is... not a good response. Like, at all. :c

Cycling Scattersights or introducing Natural eye vials, and adding in Legacy eyes, would solve 99% of the problems everyone has with the update. Just a few tweaks and we would all be able to enjoy the new features to the fullest. I hope the staff is still listening...
PB-logo-transparent1.png gem.png Ashes | F
gem.png +4h FR time
gem.png Feel free to ping me!
Posted here before but I'm kind of frustrated and am still waiting for this to be implemented so I won't have to breed a lot of dragons just to get the perfect mate to create a perfect pair that will have to breed multiple times for just one primal eye with a specific gender and color combos.

Like, I know this has been said many times before but just want to let it all out: just imagine.Imagine the dream dragon you want is an XYZ derg which is virtually non-existent and you also want to have a rare-eye type for said derg. Now imagine looking for the dragons just to breed that specific color - this entails lots of pairs (and time) to just narrow the colors down. Then after getting the perfect pair to breed the perfect colors you'll have to do it all over again just to get the eye type right with the right gender. Imagine how many months or years would it take to just get the rare-eye type + rare breed + rare colors+ specific gender a.k.a. your dream dragon with the current RNG for the eyes. And not to mention the scattervials that are already limited. What is the probability of you getting that rare type with a declining stock of expensive scattervials? Less than 1% in general right? Which has also been calculated before: 6 years breeding for that rare-eyed-Imp dream dragon combo and what more for the rare-eyed Wildclaw and rare-eyed coatl dream dragon combo. (unless RNG is really really really kind to you)

So yeah that is why I fully support this.

And oh just to raise a point that have already been said, this is a site where you could customize your dragons so not being able to customize the eyes is kind of contradictory to everything else.

Those are my two cents and I hope we get an update soon. :]
Posted here before but I'm kind of frustrated and am still waiting for this to be implemented so I won't have to breed a lot of dragons just to get the perfect mate to create a perfect pair that will have to breed multiple times for just one primal eye with a specific gender and color combos.

Like, I know this has been said many times before but just want to let it all out: just imagine.Imagine the dream dragon you want is an XYZ derg which is virtually non-existent and you also want to have a rare-eye type for said derg. Now imagine looking for the dragons just to breed that specific color - this entails lots of pairs (and time) to just narrow the colors down. Then after getting the perfect pair to breed the perfect colors you'll have to do it all over again just to get the eye type right with the right gender. Imagine how many months or years would it take to just get the rare-eye type + rare breed + rare colors+ specific gender a.k.a. your dream dragon with the current RNG for the eyes. And not to mention the scattervials that are already limited. What is the probability of you getting that rare type with a declining stock of expensive scattervials? Less than 1% in general right? Which has also been calculated before: 6 years breeding for that rare-eyed-Imp dream dragon combo and what more for the rare-eyed Wildclaw and rare-eyed coatl dream dragon combo. (unless RNG is really really really kind to you)

So yeah that is why I fully support this.

And oh just to raise a point that have already been said, this is a site where you could customize your dragons so not being able to customize the eyes is kind of contradictory to everything else.

Those are my two cents and I hope we get an update soon. :]
9rffWp7.pngaWMT9t0.pngezXcb0S.pngfft0ISG.pngF0xe8dU.gifK2bRISJ.pngJeJCbPi.gifmake_a_wish_pink_by_shardlovespotatoes-dbuh5fp.pngfe91xe6.png
And with the anniversary coming up, this gives the staff enough time to create these items and figure out the mechanics behind circulating them.
And with the anniversary coming up, this gives the staff enough time to create these items and figure out the mechanics behind circulating them.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
[quote name="gemajgall" date="2019-03-12 08:17:47" ] And with the anniversary coming up, this gives the staff enough time to create these items and figure out the mechanics behind circulating them. [/quote] lets'hope so, I'd be satisfied if they came back for each anniversary too
gemajgall wrote on 2019-03-12 08:17:47:

lets'hope so, I'd be satisfied if they came back for each anniversary too
DVcXRyP.png
I think bringing them back for the anniversary is the best idea. It would keep them rare outside of the holiday, so people could still make money off of them.

It would also be a predictable cycle, so everyone would know when to play to get them. I personally missed the entire event due to IRL stuff, figuring that I could grab whatever they released after it was over. Not a problem for familiars, apparel and vistas, but definitely a problem for RNG consumables. If people have warning about an event like this, then that gives us ample time to prepare.

And having them cycle for the anniversary would make it feel more like a real holiday, as most past anniversaries have been a reveal of a new feature, with perhaps a familiar or some apparel to collect.

It would also require the least amount of work, lessening the need for coding in individual eye vials (not that I'd mind this solution either!).

I think bringing them back for the anniversary is the best idea. It would keep them rare outside of the holiday, so people could still make money off of them.

It would also be a predictable cycle, so everyone would know when to play to get them. I personally missed the entire event due to IRL stuff, figuring that I could grab whatever they released after it was over. Not a problem for familiars, apparel and vistas, but definitely a problem for RNG consumables. If people have warning about an event like this, then that gives us ample time to prepare.

And having them cycle for the anniversary would make it feel more like a real holiday, as most past anniversaries have been a reveal of a new feature, with perhaps a familiar or some apparel to collect.

It would also require the least amount of work, lessening the need for coding in individual eye vials (not that I'd mind this solution either!).

jCVhFoZ.gif
1 2 ... 78 79 80 81 82 ... 111 112