Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Various eye vials - 90% problem fixes
1 2 ... 76 77 78 79 80 ... 111 112
@TehuMertt I have two right now , both shadow primal eyes. .......both nesting right now. Support is much appreciated! <3
@TehuMertt I have two right now , both shadow primal eyes. .......both nesting right now. Support is much appreciated! <3
harley_quinn_symbol_pixel_by_kaitlynrager-daz4c1k.gifFran|The Clan Of Melancholyharley_quinn_symbol_pixel_by_kaitlynrager-daz4c1k.gif
♦They/ThemHQsa6bD.png| advAsr3.png +2 FR time
♦Hoard:Birds and bird bone items
♦Gala's Dragon Flairs (skins and accents)|Free Cauldron |G1 breeding line♦| Adopts
[quote name="GalaPyre" date="2019-02-06 16:50:25" ] FULL SUPPORT! I've been trying to breed an imperial couple with primal eyes for 6 months now! 7month nest is on right now. [/quote] [color=indigo] Relatable, I've also been breeding for a multigaze imp since September, and no luck so far. :( This would be so much easier and less annoying if I could just brew or otherwise acquire a scroll to do this. It would still require lots of effort, but it would be work I can actually do, like saving treasure and collecting brewing materials, rather than leaving it up to RNG. Of course, this dragon is supposed to represent one of my OCs so it would be nice if it could share her canonical birthday, but the odds of that happening are basically impossible. So I guess I have to give up on those plans because I'll be dead before that happens. I wish I could just breed a dragon with her colours to hatch on her birthday, and then give her a vial.
GalaPyre wrote on 2019-02-06 16:50:25:
FULL SUPPORT! I've been trying to breed an imperial couple with primal eyes for 6 months now! 7month nest is on right now.

Relatable, I've also been breeding for a multigaze imp since September, and no luck so far. :(

This would be so much easier and less annoying if I could just brew or otherwise acquire a scroll to do this. It would still require lots of effort, but it would be work I can actually do, like saving treasure and collecting brewing materials, rather than leaving it up to RNG.

Of course, this dragon is supposed to represent one of my OCs so it would be nice if it could share her canonical birthday, but the odds of that happening are basically impossible. So I guess I have to give up on those plans because I'll be dead before that happens. I wish I could just breed a dragon with her colours to hatch on her birthday, and then give her a vial.
jCVhFoZ.gif
On a related note, I would still like a Fire Primal female Imperial with either Oilslick/Terracotta, Chocolate/Rust, or Maroon/Rust for primary/secondary.

But the chances of finding that on the AH are insanely slim because seemingly 90% of Imperials on the AH are blue, black, or purple, and the chances of someone in Fire 1) happening to hatch my dream dragon, and 2) being willing to sell it are... pretty low. Then there’s the matter of if someone else buys this hypothetical dragon before I can.

I’m not in Fire, and don’t really want to move to Fire, so if I wanted to try for this dragon myself, I’d need an identical Imperial/Imperial pair, and I’d have to rent a nest every month. Then they can only breed 12x a year with an average of 2.5 eggs/nest, so around 30 eggs a year.

30 eggs a year, 0.5% chance to hatch Primal. 50% chance of the wrong gender.

A goal that’s almost literally unattainable because of RNG! Wow, that sure is a lot of fun!
[crying]

But if we had Primal vials, I’d just have to breed for the right colours and gender, and then grind my way up to a vial. My dream dragon would be actually achievable with this. Even if it took me 3 months to save up enough Treasure to buy a vial, or several hours of Coli grinding for a drop, I know that I can reach my dream with hard work and determination.

And that’s what FR’s main draw was for all of the years before the Eyepocalypse. Barring Imperial breed changes- which aren’t a 1:1 comparison, since Imperial scrolls are a KS item and guarantee an Imperial- you could get virtually any dragon you wanted by working and breeding towards it.

I wish we could have some of that control back. :(

(Also going to re-voice my support for Legacy vials. 9 months onward, I still very much want my dragons to have their pupils, shading, and old eye colours back. My permababy Noc looks way less cute, and the dragons I spent months/years and real money on still look wrong...)
On a related note, I would still like a Fire Primal female Imperial with either Oilslick/Terracotta, Chocolate/Rust, or Maroon/Rust for primary/secondary.

But the chances of finding that on the AH are insanely slim because seemingly 90% of Imperials on the AH are blue, black, or purple, and the chances of someone in Fire 1) happening to hatch my dream dragon, and 2) being willing to sell it are... pretty low. Then there’s the matter of if someone else buys this hypothetical dragon before I can.

I’m not in Fire, and don’t really want to move to Fire, so if I wanted to try for this dragon myself, I’d need an identical Imperial/Imperial pair, and I’d have to rent a nest every month. Then they can only breed 12x a year with an average of 2.5 eggs/nest, so around 30 eggs a year.

30 eggs a year, 0.5% chance to hatch Primal. 50% chance of the wrong gender.

A goal that’s almost literally unattainable because of RNG! Wow, that sure is a lot of fun!
[crying]

But if we had Primal vials, I’d just have to breed for the right colours and gender, and then grind my way up to a vial. My dream dragon would be actually achievable with this. Even if it took me 3 months to save up enough Treasure to buy a vial, or several hours of Coli grinding for a drop, I know that I can reach my dream with hard work and determination.

And that’s what FR’s main draw was for all of the years before the Eyepocalypse. Barring Imperial breed changes- which aren’t a 1:1 comparison, since Imperial scrolls are a KS item and guarantee an Imperial- you could get virtually any dragon you wanted by working and breeding towards it.

I wish we could have some of that control back. :(

(Also going to re-voice my support for Legacy vials. 9 months onward, I still very much want my dragons to have their pupils, shading, and old eye colours back. My permababy Noc looks way less cute, and the dragons I spent months/years and real money on still look wrong...)
PB-logo-transparent1.png gem.png Ashes | F
gem.png +4h FR time
gem.png Feel free to ping me!
I support this, though I'm still reading through now and again, but I find it funny how this is pretty long and there hasn't been any comment on it
I support this, though I'm still reading through now and again, but I find it funny how this is pretty long and there hasn't been any comment on it
Jar of Vapors I collect Bottled Embers and Jar Of Vapors!
WishList
Bottled Embers
10/10

Full support from me. To be able to customize dragons even further, even if it means more money sinks/colli grinding would be fantastic.
10/10

Full support from me. To be able to customize dragons even further, even if it means more money sinks/colli grinding would be fantastic.
this is just straight up unprofessional, there are no but's about it.

Yes, we've had visual changes and yeah not everyone liked those, but in the end, just learned to accept them. This, however, is not only a visual change it also is a core mechanic change.

And it did not end up playing out how they imagined it would and the only word we've gotten in months is that they'd review our concerns. But nothing since then, I also really do not like their habit of just sticking their fingers in their ears and just put out updates in attempts to distract us. Now I know people will say "oh it's probably just coincidental" but I've been on site since 2014, and this is something that I've seen happening again, and again. Staff changes something, lots of people complain they just go silent and just toss out some new apparel or something. At this point, I feel it's safe to say this is something they simply just do, not sure if they realize it themselves but if they do then I'm absolutely disgusted. Because that is NOT how you should treat your customers.

now I understand they are down a staff member with Undel still recovering and all and yeah I get that it most likely makes things a bit harder, but recently I was thinking: They have to be communicating with her right? Not like they're just doing whatever and not let her know anything cuz if that is the case then that is not good. And if that is the case despite her not being able to be on site they can still discuss things meaning she can still give her input from behind the scenes.

And not only this, people have been saying the coli captchas have been a big issue for months, even for people who aren't visually impaired. and that too is being ignored.

Now as I mentioned before in this thread I get it that they can't tell us every little thing, and we're not asking for that, just little notions that tell us that they ARE listening to us. This is not okay

this is just straight up unprofessional, there are no but's about it.

Yes, we've had visual changes and yeah not everyone liked those, but in the end, just learned to accept them. This, however, is not only a visual change it also is a core mechanic change.

And it did not end up playing out how they imagined it would and the only word we've gotten in months is that they'd review our concerns. But nothing since then, I also really do not like their habit of just sticking their fingers in their ears and just put out updates in attempts to distract us. Now I know people will say "oh it's probably just coincidental" but I've been on site since 2014, and this is something that I've seen happening again, and again. Staff changes something, lots of people complain they just go silent and just toss out some new apparel or something. At this point, I feel it's safe to say this is something they simply just do, not sure if they realize it themselves but if they do then I'm absolutely disgusted. Because that is NOT how you should treat your customers.

now I understand they are down a staff member with Undel still recovering and all and yeah I get that it most likely makes things a bit harder, but recently I was thinking: They have to be communicating with her right? Not like they're just doing whatever and not let her know anything cuz if that is the case then that is not good. And if that is the case despite her not being able to be on site they can still discuss things meaning she can still give her input from behind the scenes.

And not only this, people have been saying the coli captchas have been a big issue for months, even for people who aren't visually impaired. and that too is being ignored.

Now as I mentioned before in this thread I get it that they can't tell us every little thing, and we're not asking for that, just little notions that tell us that they ARE listening to us. This is not okay

DVcXRyP.png
Now that the lair revamp is live, I hope that we can finally, finally get some fixes for the eye problems.

Having a reliable, not-retired way to get the Natural eyes on dragons (new and old) would be far more beneficial than hurtful to the site. People could spruce up their pre-update dragons, sentimental dragons, and achieve their dream dragons without 3+ years of breeding and praying to the RNG. (I also feel like we should have vials for the tints... Uncommon is completely worthless and has been for ages; it’s not “special” or remotely “valuable” anymore. It’s just a different shade of the default eye template.)

Classic/Legacy/etc. vials to give dragons the original eye art has no downsides at all.

I just want to know if our words even matter, honestly. :(
Now that the lair revamp is live, I hope that we can finally, finally get some fixes for the eye problems.

Having a reliable, not-retired way to get the Natural eyes on dragons (new and old) would be far more beneficial than hurtful to the site. People could spruce up their pre-update dragons, sentimental dragons, and achieve their dream dragons without 3+ years of breeding and praying to the RNG. (I also feel like we should have vials for the tints... Uncommon is completely worthless and has been for ages; it’s not “special” or remotely “valuable” anymore. It’s just a different shade of the default eye template.)

Classic/Legacy/etc. vials to give dragons the original eye art has no downsides at all.

I just want to know if our words even matter, honestly. :(
PB-logo-transparent1.png gem.png Ashes | F
gem.png +4h FR time
gem.png Feel free to ping me!
I feel the same way. The new update is definitely great and I am enjoying it, but new updates do not make up for past failures that people are still angry about.

I am glad that this at least gives an option to people with full lairs, as now they can engage with the new eyes by being able to breed and buy new dragons, but there are still a lot of glaringly obvious problems with the eye update that need to be addressed.
I feel the same way. The new update is definitely great and I am enjoying it, but new updates do not make up for past failures that people are still angry about.

I am glad that this at least gives an option to people with full lairs, as now they can engage with the new eyes by being able to breed and buy new dragons, but there are still a lot of glaringly obvious problems with the eye update that need to be addressed.
jCVhFoZ.gif
I know with the hype of the Hibernal lair this might seem like it gets brushed under the rug. But it's not. If anything, the Hibernal den makes eyes more relevant since people who were full can now breed dragons again and people who want to collect an array of eyes now have more space to do so. Since eyes alter appearance (in some cases drastically), people are going to want more dragons for aesthetic reasons. Then couple it with more genes, familiars, skins, accents, and clothing coming out all the time...we really, really need a way to put new eyes on our dragons to fully perfect them.
I know with the hype of the Hibernal lair this might seem like it gets brushed under the rug. But it's not. If anything, the Hibernal den makes eyes more relevant since people who were full can now breed dragons again and people who want to collect an array of eyes now have more space to do so. Since eyes alter appearance (in some cases drastically), people are going to want more dragons for aesthetic reasons. Then couple it with more genes, familiars, skins, accents, and clothing coming out all the time...we really, really need a way to put new eyes on our dragons to fully perfect them.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
I like this thread a lot. It really goes in depth, looking at some of the current issues and possible solutions while also also managing the current economy on sigh. Reasonable, fair, I fully support this.
I like this thread a lot. It really goes in depth, looking at some of the current issues and possible solutions while also also managing the current economy on sigh. Reasonable, fair, I fully support this.
1521_150px_secondunit_by_miirshroom-dc9b8kr.png
S E C O N D U N I T #18925

Hatchery Archive Exalt Records
Clan Lore Wishlist

Clan Toli'orji | UTC-6 | They/Them/It
1 2 ... 76 77 78 79 80 ... 111 112