Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Various eye vials - 90% problem fixes
1 2 ... 66 67 68 69 70 ... 111 112
[quote name="Zhukov" date="2018-12-05 05:00:56" ] Yeah same, are they planning on putting scattervials in Roundsey's at all? [/quote] I really hope not. If they bring back scattersights (which they should) they should do it properly and not through that terrible lottery system...
Zhukov wrote on 2018-12-05 05:00:56:
Yeah same, are they planning on putting scattervials in Roundsey's at all?

I really hope not. If they bring back scattersights (which they should) they should do it properly and not through that terrible lottery system...
[quote name="Winterdreary" date="2018-12-05 14:53:32" ] I really hope not. If they bring back scattersights (which they should) they should do it properly and not through that terrible lottery system... [/quote] [color=indigo] Oh yeah I agree wholeheartedly, unless they are raffling off a few thousand a week, putting them in the raffle is basically useless due to the bad odds tied to the scattervials. I just thought that putting them in the raffle would make it seem like they were more flexible to bringing them back in other ways, too.
Winterdreary wrote on 2018-12-05 14:53:32:

I really hope not. If they bring back scattersights (which they should) they should do it properly and not through that terrible lottery system...

Oh yeah I agree wholeheartedly, unless they are raffling off a few thousand a week, putting them in the raffle is basically useless due to the bad odds tied to the scattervials. I just thought that putting them in the raffle would make it seem like they were more flexible to bringing them back in other ways, too.
jCVhFoZ.gif
[quote name="Zhukov" date="2018-12-05 14:59:14" ] ...unless they are raffling off a few thousand a week, putting them in the raffle is basically useless due to the bad odds tied to the scattervials. [/quote] LOL, indeed~ xP [quote name="Zhukov" date="2018-12-05 14:59:14" ]I just thought that putting them in the raffle would make it seem like they were more flexible to bringing them back in other ways, too. [/quote] Well, yes, *anything* is better than nothing at this point, I suppose. I think the danger I see with starting to accept Roundsey as a way to solve these kind of issues is that they would start using it for similar situations in the future as well. Like, "well, you might be disappointed with us about this implememtation or that item retiring, but with Roundsey at least there is still a *chance* so you should be satisfied", and totally ignoring the real problem. The 'eye problem' is so much deeper and more complex than e.g. other retired items (not counting KS).
Zhukov wrote on 2018-12-05 14:59:14:
...unless they are raffling off a few thousand a week, putting them in the raffle is basically useless due to the bad odds tied to the scattervials.

LOL, indeed~ xP

Zhukov wrote on 2018-12-05 14:59:14:
I just thought that putting them in the raffle would make it seem like they were more flexible to bringing them back in other ways, too.

Well, yes, *anything* is better than nothing at this point, I suppose. I think the danger I see with starting to accept Roundsey as a way to solve these kind of issues is that they would start using it for similar situations in the future as well. Like, "well, you might be disappointed with us about this implememtation or that item retiring, but with Roundsey at least there is still a *chance* so you should be satisfied", and totally ignoring the real problem. The 'eye problem' is so much deeper and more complex than e.g. other retired items (not counting KS).
It's an RNG item, meaning most of them will be wasted. The staff promised that Roundsey would not flood the market with retired items, but in order to re-release the Vials in sufficient quantity to put a dent it it, we would need a "flood." I agree that Roundsey is not the ideal way to re-release such a crucial item, but maybe if the staff does and they watch us use them for a little while, they'll realize that the continued existence of scattervials doesn't break their "vision" for the site.
It's an RNG item, meaning most of them will be wasted. The staff promised that Roundsey would not flood the market with retired items, but in order to re-release the Vials in sufficient quantity to put a dent it it, we would need a "flood." I agree that Roundsey is not the ideal way to re-release such a crucial item, but maybe if the staff does and they watch us use them for a little while, they'll realize that the continued existence of scattervials doesn't break their "vision" for the site.
It takes Twelve Years for one Imperial pair to produce a Primal-eyed offspring of a specific sex. Goal-based breeding is dead.
[quote name="Ridara" date="2018-12-06 04:23:10" ] ...they'll realize that the continued existence of scattervials doesn't break their "vision" for the site. [/quote] Well, honestly, if it's 'only' about the vision or lore of the site, then I don't see how Roundsey would change their perspective. However, I do think there's an exceptionally easy way to fit scattersights into the lore. Basically, if there's an increased amount of magic around the world then it's only logical that it would affect ALL creatures and not only new hatchlings, even if it would be more common amongst new hatchlings. I don't think that would be a reach. If only the FR staff could agree...
Ridara wrote on 2018-12-06 04:23:10:
...they'll realize that the continued existence of scattervials doesn't break their "vision" for the site.

Well, honestly, if it's 'only' about the vision or lore of the site, then I don't see how Roundsey would change their perspective. However, I do think there's an exceptionally easy way to fit scattersights into the lore. Basically, if there's an increased amount of magic around the world then it's only logical that it would affect ALL creatures and not only new hatchlings, even if it would be more common amongst new hatchlings. I don't think that would be a reach. If only the FR staff could agree...
If “lore” is important (which I still think is silly; lore has never affected anything like this before), there are so many ways to work Scattersights, individual eye vials, and even Legacy/Classic/etc. eyes into the lore that “but lore” doesn’t work as an excuse.

We just need to cross our fingers that staff doesn’t cling to their personal “vision” as a small team as being more important than the happiness of thousands of their players... ;;

Honestly, you can’t reasonably change something this massive 5 years into the game- 5 years after thousands of people have been breeding, buying, and collecting their favorite dragons- and expect everyone to either 1) not care that their old dragons all got excluded from the event and irreversibly, sometimes drastically changed, or 2) chuck out all of their old favorite dragons (that they may have spent real money on) to “breed for new ones! :)”.

Sure, newbies and casual players might not care as much— but unless FR is going to be exclusively a “Made For Newbies; we’re expecting everyone to quit after 5 months and be replaced by more newbies” game, excluding all pre-update players (and heck, even newbies who joined after the update!) from a huge new key feature still feels like a bad move. Ignoring active players (who are more likely to spend money to support the site) in favor of an eye system that seems heavily geared towards casual players (who are unlikely to play long-term or spend much) seems... weird. Surely there must be some way to find a balance?

“Happy Anniversary! We couldn’t have done this without you! We irreversibly changed all of your dragons without warning, and you can’t even get any of these cool new eyes on them. :) It’s our vision. Thanks for being with us over these 5 years!” is still so... so completely, utterly baffling. ;_; I feel like I’m being punished for being a pre-update player.
If “lore” is important (which I still think is silly; lore has never affected anything like this before), there are so many ways to work Scattersights, individual eye vials, and even Legacy/Classic/etc. eyes into the lore that “but lore” doesn’t work as an excuse.

We just need to cross our fingers that staff doesn’t cling to their personal “vision” as a small team as being more important than the happiness of thousands of their players... ;;

Honestly, you can’t reasonably change something this massive 5 years into the game- 5 years after thousands of people have been breeding, buying, and collecting their favorite dragons- and expect everyone to either 1) not care that their old dragons all got excluded from the event and irreversibly, sometimes drastically changed, or 2) chuck out all of their old favorite dragons (that they may have spent real money on) to “breed for new ones! :)”.

Sure, newbies and casual players might not care as much— but unless FR is going to be exclusively a “Made For Newbies; we’re expecting everyone to quit after 5 months and be replaced by more newbies” game, excluding all pre-update players (and heck, even newbies who joined after the update!) from a huge new key feature still feels like a bad move. Ignoring active players (who are more likely to spend money to support the site) in favor of an eye system that seems heavily geared towards casual players (who are unlikely to play long-term or spend much) seems... weird. Surely there must be some way to find a balance?

“Happy Anniversary! We couldn’t have done this without you! We irreversibly changed all of your dragons without warning, and you can’t even get any of these cool new eyes on them. :) It’s our vision. Thanks for being with us over these 5 years!” is still so... so completely, utterly baffling. ;_; I feel like I’m being punished for being a pre-update player.
PB-logo-transparent1.png gem.png Ashes | F
gem.png +4h FR time
gem.png Feel free to ping me!
I do think it's great and important that the FR team has a vision for the site, however, it is indeed worrying when they miss such a big mark when implementing this big of a change 5 years into the game (just like you said Ningyo).

Also, honestly, even post-update newbies aren't necessarily going to be thrilled about this natural eye situation. Because I'm pretty sure even newbies are going to want the 'perfect dragon' (which again, is the WHOLE reason to play FR in the first place). They might go to the Scrying Workshop and randomly see an awesome XYZ primal eye male imperial and think "hey, awesome, I want that one" only to find out that that colour combination doesn't exist yet (ok, awesome, a breeding project!) and only then to find out that, right, primal eyes are practically impossible to get so see you 6-12 years from now when you might finally get lucky and get the right colour, species, gender and eye combination. Awesome I don't think so. And this is assuming those newbies aren't going to be interested in pre-update dragons, like older, low/special ID, etc, which are also going to be a problem when it comes to natural eyes...

*sigh*
I do think it's great and important that the FR team has a vision for the site, however, it is indeed worrying when they miss such a big mark when implementing this big of a change 5 years into the game (just like you said Ningyo).

Also, honestly, even post-update newbies aren't necessarily going to be thrilled about this natural eye situation. Because I'm pretty sure even newbies are going to want the 'perfect dragon' (which again, is the WHOLE reason to play FR in the first place). They might go to the Scrying Workshop and randomly see an awesome XYZ primal eye male imperial and think "hey, awesome, I want that one" only to find out that that colour combination doesn't exist yet (ok, awesome, a breeding project!) and only then to find out that, right, primal eyes are practically impossible to get so see you 6-12 years from now when you might finally get lucky and get the right colour, species, gender and eye combination. Awesome I don't think so. And this is assuming those newbies aren't going to be interested in pre-update dragons, like older, low/special ID, etc, which are also going to be a problem when it comes to natural eyes...

*sigh*
[quote]I do think it's great and important that the FR team has a vision for the site[/quote] Yes, it's a good thing. It's what drives them for updates and allows for continuity. HOWEVER, as humans we need to accept that visions change. And sometimes our visions are inaccurate and/or incompatible with reality. The eyes are a prime example. But with some tweaking, such as this suggestion, it can be made to work. Please allow us individual vials so we can work for our perfect dragons. Thank you.
Quote:
I do think it's great and important that the FR team has a vision for the site

Yes, it's a good thing. It's what drives them for updates and allows for continuity.

HOWEVER, as humans we need to accept that visions change. And sometimes our visions are inaccurate and/or incompatible with reality.

The eyes are a prime example. But with some tweaking, such as this suggestion, it can be made to work. Please allow us individual vials so we can work for our perfect dragons. Thank you.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
Yeah, it’s nice that they had a vision! It’s great to have a plan in mind for a game you’re creating.

But like you said, if that vision ends up not aligning with reality, then the vision needs to change. You can’t force a new reality that matches your vision. A “vision” that’s actually detrimental to a big chunk of the userbase, threw off thousands of players’ breeding projects and existing dragons, and doesn’t even benefit its intended audience (eg. newbies are not going to get rich off “special” eyes on fodder), is a vision that needs to change. :(

I get that it sucks to release something you were excited about only to see that people hate it, but that’s why it’s so important to make some tweaks! If we had cycling scattervials/individual eye vials, and Legacy vials, those would solve 95% of the problems that everyone has with the whole thing. Then the eyes could be fun for everyone, not just players who don’t really care about the eyes in the first place.

Please give us vials to give us back the customization we once had, and to allow us to access the original eye artwork. ;;
Yeah, it’s nice that they had a vision! It’s great to have a plan in mind for a game you’re creating.

But like you said, if that vision ends up not aligning with reality, then the vision needs to change. You can’t force a new reality that matches your vision. A “vision” that’s actually detrimental to a big chunk of the userbase, threw off thousands of players’ breeding projects and existing dragons, and doesn’t even benefit its intended audience (eg. newbies are not going to get rich off “special” eyes on fodder), is a vision that needs to change. :(

I get that it sucks to release something you were excited about only to see that people hate it, but that’s why it’s so important to make some tweaks! If we had cycling scattervials/individual eye vials, and Legacy vials, those would solve 95% of the problems that everyone has with the whole thing. Then the eyes could be fun for everyone, not just players who don’t really care about the eyes in the first place.

Please give us vials to give us back the customization we once had, and to allow us to access the original eye artwork. ;;
PB-logo-transparent1.png gem.png Ashes | F
gem.png +4h FR time
gem.png Feel free to ping me!
I'm honestly not super convinced it was something they wanted to do since day one, I recall seeing a suggestion which pretty much suggested alternate eyes for dragons.

it could just be a coincidence but even then it seems a bit iffy but that's just me i guess
I'm honestly not super convinced it was something they wanted to do since day one, I recall seeing a suggestion which pretty much suggested alternate eyes for dragons.

it could just be a coincidence but even then it seems a bit iffy but that's just me i guess
DVcXRyP.png
1 2 ... 66 67 68 69 70 ... 111 112