Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Various eye vials - 90% problem fixes
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 111 112
Yesyesyes, like I said in the now locked thread you originally posted this in, this is very well thought out and fixes many problems. There's still a challenge to obtain these vials which is great, but that challenge is no longer stuck in a 3 day event in which it eventually becomes impossible.
Yesyesyes, like I said in the now locked thread you originally posted this in, this is very well thought out and fixes many problems. There's still a challenge to obtain these vials which is great, but that challenge is no longer stuck in a 3 day event in which it eventually becomes impossible.
hourglass.gifYou'll be okayhourglass.gif
@timeblitz :O ! I barely ever use any other emoticon besides ":^)" but this truly intrigued me?? I wasn't expecting that update thread would get locked so soon hm interesting....
But I'm glad you still like the idea, means a lot, I really hope the Staff will see this ♥
@timeblitz :O ! I barely ever use any other emoticon besides ":^)" but this truly intrigued me?? I wasn't expecting that update thread would get locked so soon hm interesting....
But I'm glad you still like the idea, means a lot, I really hope the Staff will see this ♥
1163.pnglPHbqY1.png15295.pngdominator_magma_robot_by_defunctbattery-db7x12o.gifznkYagL.png
SUPPORT SUPPORT SUPPORT SUPPORT SUPPORT I WAS ONLY ABLE TO MAKE LIKE 5 VIALS DURING THE EVENT AND NOW IT’S OVER AND THEY’RE RETIRED. I used all of the materials I was saving up for something else, and was on vacation for most of that time, so I firstly couldn’t do much during the short time. And then, I used all but one vial on Gwenn (because she’s a permababy and they only dragon they’ll show up on even) hoping that I’d get her faceted eyes. And guess my luck? [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=21290031] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/212901/21290031_350.png[/img] [/url] Nothing. And her current eyes don’t even fit; they suck and they’re stuck. Even if individual vials were expensive or somewhat hard to get, I’d still support, because it would still cost less to get what you want, and take waaayyy less time. The game might even make more money because people would know what they’re getting, rather than gambling for it.
SUPPORT SUPPORT SUPPORT SUPPORT SUPPORT

I WAS ONLY ABLE TO MAKE LIKE 5 VIALS DURING THE EVENT AND NOW IT’S OVER AND THEY’RE RETIRED. I used all of the materials I was saving up for something else, and was on vacation for most of that time, so I firstly couldn’t do much during the short time. And then, I used all but one vial on Gwenn (because she’s a permababy and they only dragon they’ll show up on even) hoping that I’d get her faceted eyes. And guess my luck?

21290031_350.png

Nothing. And her current eyes don’t even fit; they suck and they’re stuck.

Even if individual vials were expensive or somewhat hard to get, I’d still support, because it would still cost less to get what you want, and take waaayyy less time. The game might even make more money because people would know what they’re getting, rather than gambling for it.
| She/her |
|
Major bird nerd |
|
Trade thread |

|
Ping me everywhere! |
_ _ _____ small pixel of Flannery, as a Yi Qi dinosaur64297510_Ug4.pngpixel of Gearguts as a Rhamphorrynchus
Strong support! This is a very well thought out suggestion that covers pretty much all the issues that I had with the update. I really like the special eye types and I'd like to be able to have them on some of my older dragons. I get that the special eyes are supposed to be, well, special, but I think that this suggestion would keep them very rare (although actually attainable if you were willing to work for them). I hope that something along these lines is implemented into the game!
Strong support! This is a very well thought out suggestion that covers pretty much all the issues that I had with the update. I really like the special eye types and I'd like to be able to have them on some of my older dragons. I get that the special eyes are supposed to be, well, special, but I think that this suggestion would keep them very rare (although actually attainable if you were willing to work for them). I hope that something along these lines is implemented into the game!
250.png
I support this all the way. It's way too expensive to try and get rare eyes on pre-event dragons.
I support this all the way. It's way too expensive to try and get rare eyes on pre-event dragons.
queen_katoe.gif
Support! This is one of the most well thought out fixes and explanations to the eye problem I've seen so far! :0
Support! This is one of the most well thought out fixes and explanations to the eye problem I've seen so far! :0
bd3487a47a7f7bc95b55d9f803f29ec078fefb24.pngVert-divider-100.png ?GJCJ6=party_oras.png Vert-divider-100.pngtumblr_pkf5hmHC0E1wvvm88o1_100.png
So much support for this! I am still salty over how the old players with established lairs were completely excluded from this update. Also, I don't mind a little bit of RNG in a game like this (gender and colors) but the odds of the new eyes are way too much.

As an example, my goal is already getting a G1 with Lightning primal. I have been planning a mass-hatch for my birthday, and my goal is 250 Lightning eggs. Impressive number, right? Assuming the average price is 250g per egg, it's gonna cost me 62,500g. Could afford a Light sprite and have gems left over. Except even then there is a big chance I won't get a single primal hatchling. I don't mind buying scatterscrolls, but I do mind the terrible odds of getting a hatchling with the only one feature I want. Honestly, I would much prefer just keeping an impressive hatch and working towards getting the eyes I want.

Another example, obviously this update gives a rise to the number of people wanting primal/multigaze/faceted eyes to dragons with certain colors. Say I have two dragons with the exact correct colors, common breed with 15 day cooldown and I get an average of 3 eggs per nest. Assuming you have 1% chance of correct eyes, it should take on average about 33 nests to get the correct eyes on a hatchling. That's 495 days, more than a year. Of course you can get lucky and get it from the next nest... Or you can get unlucky and it ends up taking three years. Imagine breeding Coatls or Wildclaws for eyes.

I don't mind a challenge to get a certain dragon, but I much enjoy projects where I can actually put in work instead of praying to the RNG. I don't mind if the vials are hard to get or expensive as heck. I just don't want this sort of RNG in my projects. We have enough of it with just colors. We honestly don't need more.

And yes, I understand staff didn't mean this feature to be something you work towards and instead you have a nice surprise waiting for you sometimes when you hatch eggs... Except this site has always been about things you can work towards. It's ridiculous to expect people wouldn't want to work towards something as awesome as this. I really want to enjoy this feature, which is 100% why I will support this suggestion to the end of times.
So much support for this! I am still salty over how the old players with established lairs were completely excluded from this update. Also, I don't mind a little bit of RNG in a game like this (gender and colors) but the odds of the new eyes are way too much.

As an example, my goal is already getting a G1 with Lightning primal. I have been planning a mass-hatch for my birthday, and my goal is 250 Lightning eggs. Impressive number, right? Assuming the average price is 250g per egg, it's gonna cost me 62,500g. Could afford a Light sprite and have gems left over. Except even then there is a big chance I won't get a single primal hatchling. I don't mind buying scatterscrolls, but I do mind the terrible odds of getting a hatchling with the only one feature I want. Honestly, I would much prefer just keeping an impressive hatch and working towards getting the eyes I want.

Another example, obviously this update gives a rise to the number of people wanting primal/multigaze/faceted eyes to dragons with certain colors. Say I have two dragons with the exact correct colors, common breed with 15 day cooldown and I get an average of 3 eggs per nest. Assuming you have 1% chance of correct eyes, it should take on average about 33 nests to get the correct eyes on a hatchling. That's 495 days, more than a year. Of course you can get lucky and get it from the next nest... Or you can get unlucky and it ends up taking three years. Imagine breeding Coatls or Wildclaws for eyes.

I don't mind a challenge to get a certain dragon, but I much enjoy projects where I can actually put in work instead of praying to the RNG. I don't mind if the vials are hard to get or expensive as heck. I just don't want this sort of RNG in my projects. We have enough of it with just colors. We honestly don't need more.

And yes, I understand staff didn't mean this feature to be something you work towards and instead you have a nice surprise waiting for you sometimes when you hatch eggs... Except this site has always been about things you can work towards. It's ridiculous to expect people wouldn't want to work towards something as awesome as this. I really want to enjoy this feature, which is 100% why I will support this suggestion to the end of times.
iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
7G6xGb.png
@denryu

D-Denryu-chan, would you mind pinging me for the hatch omg, I LOVE mass hatches. As long as I'm awake at that time (3:00-19-ish server time), I'll be stalking it and posting tons of scries. Lightning eyes are one of my favourite so I'd love to be around to see if you'll hatch something awesome. Good lucc with your project!

And I agree with everything you've said! Certain RNG elements are perfectly fine but this is straight up unfair and bothersome since the chances are way too small. Completing projects with hard work and where the outcome is assured is so much more fun than trying to complete a project by gambling.
@denryu

D-Denryu-chan, would you mind pinging me for the hatch omg, I LOVE mass hatches. As long as I'm awake at that time (3:00-19-ish server time), I'll be stalking it and posting tons of scries. Lightning eyes are one of my favourite so I'd love to be around to see if you'll hatch something awesome. Good lucc with your project!

And I agree with everything you've said! Certain RNG elements are perfectly fine but this is straight up unfair and bothersome since the chances are way too small. Completing projects with hard work and where the outcome is assured is so much more fun than trying to complete a project by gambling.
1163.pnglPHbqY1.png15295.pngdominator_magma_robot_by_defunctbattery-db7x12o.gifznkYagL.png
@DeadBattery
Hahah, sure :) My birthday is in November though, so it'll be a while. Also I don't have nearly enough gems for all the eggs yet

But yeah, as someone with 5-6 breeding projects going on at any given time these odds are terrible and in no way realistic. It can take months to breed a dragon with perfect colors even if the parents are only off by 2-3 colors. I just had a project where the parents were only one color off but I needed a male dragon, and got straight up trolled for 5 months by getting nothing but girls. Worst of all I wanted Light eyes on him and had to rent a nest repeatedly. I don't even want to think about wanting even unusual or rare eyes on a breeding project, much less primal.
@DeadBattery
Hahah, sure :) My birthday is in November though, so it'll be a while. Also I don't have nearly enough gems for all the eggs yet

But yeah, as someone with 5-6 breeding projects going on at any given time these odds are terrible and in no way realistic. It can take months to breed a dragon with perfect colors even if the parents are only off by 2-3 colors. I just had a project where the parents were only one color off but I needed a male dragon, and got straight up trolled for 5 months by getting nothing but girls. Worst of all I wanted Light eyes on him and had to rent a nest repeatedly. I don't even want to think about wanting even unusual or rare eyes on a breeding project, much less primal.
iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
7G6xGb.png
I am in full, complete support of this idea!! I truly think this is a very reasonable way to solve the dissent that this whole thing has brought to the community. Wonderful ideas, especially the "Classic/Legacy" scroll, which is honestly all I want for a few of my beautiful dragons.
I am in full, complete support of this idea!! I truly think this is a very reasonable way to solve the dissent that this whole thing has brought to the community. Wonderful ideas, especially the "Classic/Legacy" scroll, which is honestly all I want for a few of my beautiful dragons.
nEBFJpB.png ijlKPCn.png nEBFJpB.png
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 111 112