Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Various eye vials - 90% problem fixes
1 2 ... 50 51 52 53 54 ... 111 112
The thing about eye horror is flight changes. Someone might absolutely love the shadow flight, the trickster theme, and the color purple. So Player A, after joining FR, decides the shadow flight is perfect and changes to it. However, A has a severe aversion to eye horror. Now A has to shell out a lot of money to change flights, leave a flight A loves, just deal with it and cringe every time a nest hatches, or give up breeding entirely. None of those are particularly pleasant options.

The common vial does help a whole lot. But I can't help but feel this update would have been better if eyes were a breedable quarternary gene. Then we could control it, and it wouldn't change the mechanics we joined FR for. Someone wants random? Breed common against facet. Someone one control? Breed facet against facet. It meets both desires--those who want random and those who don't.

But the mechanic is out and not going to change that drastically. So at least we could have some of our former control returned to us by giving us individual vials.
The thing about eye horror is flight changes. Someone might absolutely love the shadow flight, the trickster theme, and the color purple. So Player A, after joining FR, decides the shadow flight is perfect and changes to it. However, A has a severe aversion to eye horror. Now A has to shell out a lot of money to change flights, leave a flight A loves, just deal with it and cringe every time a nest hatches, or give up breeding entirely. None of those are particularly pleasant options.

The common vial does help a whole lot. But I can't help but feel this update would have been better if eyes were a breedable quarternary gene. Then we could control it, and it wouldn't change the mechanics we joined FR for. Someone wants random? Breed common against facet. Someone one control? Breed facet against facet. It meets both desires--those who want random and those who don't.

But the mechanic is out and not going to change that drastically. So at least we could have some of our former control returned to us by giving us individual vials.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
[quote name="gemajgall" date="2018-09-29 08:48:43" ] The thing about eye horror is flight changes. Someone might absolutely love the shadow flight, the trickster theme, and the color purple. So Player A, after joining FR, decides the shadow flight is perfect and changes to it. However, A has a severe aversion to eye horror. Now A has to shell out a lot of money to change flights, leave a flight A loves, just deal with it and cringe every time a nest hatches, or give up breeding entirely. None of those are particularly pleasant options. The common vial does help a whole lot. But I can't help but feel this update would have been better if eyes were a breedable quarternary gene. Then we could control it, and it wouldn't change the mechanics we joined FR for. Someone wants random? Breed common against facet. Someone one control? Breed facet against facet. It meets both desires--those who want random and those who don't. But the mechanic is out and not going to change that drastically. So at least we could have some of our former control returned to us by giving us individual vials. [/quote] Pretty much exactly this. If I'd wanted a hard RNG experience with random mutations I would've joined any of the other petsites or ARPGs that deal with that, not Flight Rising. Had the eyes been a quaternary gene you could apply and breed for in a similar vein as genes I'd be fine working around that. As it is, though, having virtually no control over what eye types hatch and having to adjust around that by spending treasure for Common for Every Single Nest when that was the original default is just not worth the bother in my opinion.
gemajgall wrote on 2018-09-29 08:48:43:

Pretty much exactly this. If I'd wanted a hard RNG experience with random mutations I would've joined any of the other petsites or ARPGs that deal with that, not Flight Rising. Had the eyes been a quaternary gene you could apply and breed for in a similar vein as genes I'd be fine working around that. As it is, though, having virtually no control over what eye types hatch and having to adjust around that by spending treasure for Common for Every Single Nest when that was the original default is just not worth the bother in my opinion.

“Denizens of the Volt-Lands”
She/They/He | FR Time +0
[quote]The thing about eye horror is flight changes.[/quote] Not that I don't agree with you, but you just brought up the reason why the eye update, in fact, [i]doesn't work[/i]. Flight changes, yes. Unsupported nest lending, more. Let me do some quick math--there are [i]seventy-seven[/i] eye types right now that are just unavailable to us. There used to be [i]ten[/i]. We are not supposed to be lending or renting nests. It's not supported. We've always had the ability to breed down to the dragon we wanted. RNG has got approximately nothing to do with a XXX pair both with petals/butterfly/glimmer. WAIT WAIT WAIT you might get a male or a female-- Yeah, no, that doesn't count. It's 50/50. I mean, if you're really unlucky you'll get three males when you wanted a female. There's actually just about [i]no RNG involved[/i] in breeding. Unless you want it to. It's always been controllable. But that's not even the point. What is actually the problem here is that we can't get the dragons we want unless we change flights. Because, technically, we're not supposed to be renting or lending nests. Suppose I want a Maize/Sanguine/Metals Iridescent/Shimmer/Glimmer Pearlcatcher female with Rare Plague eyes. It's not as tall an order as primal, but the fact that I don't have control over a Plague nest makes it near-upon impossible. In order to get the dragon I want, I have to rent a Plague nest, which is frowned upon by the staff, multiple times. But there's no other way to [i]achieve[/i] the new features in this update. Flight changes are on too long a cooldown and too expensive to even experience, like, 67 out of 87 new things in the way that we, the players, would want. Meaning, on dragons we'd want to actually keep. They just show up at random in nests that aren't even ours from random pairs we most likely don't want children from. And, really, even the primal eyes haven't done a single thing to move dragons for all that trouble.
Quote:
The thing about eye horror is flight changes.
Not that I don't agree with you, but you just brought up the reason why the eye update, in fact, doesn't work.

Flight changes, yes.
Unsupported nest lending, more.

Let me do some quick math--there are seventy-seven eye types right now that are just unavailable to us. There used to be ten. We are not supposed to be lending or renting nests. It's not supported. We've always had the ability to breed down to the dragon we wanted. RNG has got approximately nothing to do with a XXX pair both with petals/butterfly/glimmer. WAIT WAIT WAIT you might get a male or a female--

Yeah, no, that doesn't count. It's 50/50. I mean, if you're really unlucky you'll get three males when you wanted a female. There's actually just about no RNG involved in breeding. Unless you want it to. It's always been controllable. But that's not even the point.

What is actually the problem here is that we can't get the dragons we want unless we change flights. Because, technically, we're not supposed to be renting or lending nests. Suppose I want a Maize/Sanguine/Metals Iridescent/Shimmer/Glimmer Pearlcatcher female with Rare Plague eyes. It's not as tall an order as primal, but the fact that I don't have control over a Plague nest makes it near-upon impossible.

In order to get the dragon I want, I have to rent a Plague nest, which is frowned upon by the staff, multiple times. But there's no other way to achieve the new features in this update. Flight changes are on too long a cooldown and too expensive to even experience, like, 67 out of 87 new things in the way that we, the players, would want.

Meaning, on dragons we'd want to actually keep.

They just show up at random in nests that aren't even ours from random pairs we most likely don't want children from. And, really, even the primal eyes haven't done a single thing to move dragons for all that trouble.
Cheerful Chime Almedha | share project
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
I collect Pulsing Relics!
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
Going into this further, but for casual players this update can be a major blockade in having long-term breeding projects for multiple flights, since changing flights can cost a minimum $15 a pop OR you may need to sell actively in the AH for months before earning up enough gems for a change that way. Nevermind the six-month cooldown period between Flight changes.

My partner has been changing flights for lore/nesting purposes since the feature has introduced, but plays at a more casual pace than I do, and has only been able to afford flight changes about three times now I believe. It's not a big deal since it's something she likes to do and it's something she can work towards at her own pace, but for users hoping to get Primal Flight reps I can see this feature being needlessly expensive to try and work around.
Going into this further, but for casual players this update can be a major blockade in having long-term breeding projects for multiple flights, since changing flights can cost a minimum $15 a pop OR you may need to sell actively in the AH for months before earning up enough gems for a change that way. Nevermind the six-month cooldown period between Flight changes.

My partner has been changing flights for lore/nesting purposes since the feature has introduced, but plays at a more casual pace than I do, and has only been able to afford flight changes about three times now I believe. It's not a big deal since it's something she likes to do and it's something she can work towards at her own pace, but for users hoping to get Primal Flight reps I can see this feature being needlessly expensive to try and work around.

“Denizens of the Volt-Lands”
She/They/He | FR Time +0
Or wait and pray and hope and cross your fingers that some other player just happens to pop out your perfect dragon in color/gender/flight/eyes and possibly genes and breeds (definitely breed in case of imperial) AND doesn't exalt it immediately AND wants to sell it to the general public (rather that, say, trade with a friend or keep it) AND lists it for sale in a way you can find AND that you have the needed currency on hand during the limited window it's for sale.
Or wait and pray and hope and cross your fingers that some other player just happens to pop out your perfect dragon in color/gender/flight/eyes and possibly genes and breeds (definitely breed in case of imperial) AND doesn't exalt it immediately AND wants to sell it to the general public (rather that, say, trade with a friend or keep it) AND lists it for sale in a way you can find AND that you have the needed currency on hand during the limited window it's for sale.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
So much support. I just spent thirteen vials on a single dragon, just to get rare eyes. And that's on a new dragon that wasn't lucky enough to be born with the eye type I wanted. And I didn't want to wait for another one to show up because it had a birthday that I wanted - the same birthday as its mate, and that's not something that can be repeated.

I also want Multi-eyes on an oldie dragon of mine, and I don't like the idea of giving him up and having to buy and regene a brand new dragon that just had the luck of being born with the right eye type.

Because that's all what it is. It's all luck. For a game all about being able to customize our dragons how we want, we, as players, have been able to modify the rng by breeding dragons with similar colors and specific genes. But eye type? No, that's purely rng and even scattersight vials can't fix that because they have similar rng to new nests. And for something that's purely cosmetic, unlike genes and colors, this should not be allowed.

I would pay honest-to-goodness gems to give some of my dragons primal eyes. Having Multi-eyes as a Baldwin recipe makes so much more sense than just having it be 'natural.' I know staff says they plan to implement more eye types, but honestly I just want a fix to current eye types. I'm still salty about the scattersight vial retiring, because that is something that also should not have happened. Why not just add scattersights to the MP? It makes no logical sense to retire them, with how they've upset the userbase (thirteen vials for rare!!!!).

In summary: S U P P O R T
So much support. I just spent thirteen vials on a single dragon, just to get rare eyes. And that's on a new dragon that wasn't lucky enough to be born with the eye type I wanted. And I didn't want to wait for another one to show up because it had a birthday that I wanted - the same birthday as its mate, and that's not something that can be repeated.

I also want Multi-eyes on an oldie dragon of mine, and I don't like the idea of giving him up and having to buy and regene a brand new dragon that just had the luck of being born with the right eye type.

Because that's all what it is. It's all luck. For a game all about being able to customize our dragons how we want, we, as players, have been able to modify the rng by breeding dragons with similar colors and specific genes. But eye type? No, that's purely rng and even scattersight vials can't fix that because they have similar rng to new nests. And for something that's purely cosmetic, unlike genes and colors, this should not be allowed.

I would pay honest-to-goodness gems to give some of my dragons primal eyes. Having Multi-eyes as a Baldwin recipe makes so much more sense than just having it be 'natural.' I know staff says they plan to implement more eye types, but honestly I just want a fix to current eye types. I'm still salty about the scattersight vial retiring, because that is something that also should not have happened. Why not just add scattersights to the MP? It makes no logical sense to retire them, with how they've upset the userbase (thirteen vials for rare!!!!).

In summary: S U P P O R T
Z5qrQtx.gif
7ebac6b3af9f12d3a4fa4f1dbbceaae2243780f9.png62899cd3275f2a35097380052cdd779e44e89c6c.pnge448ae88c64c70af9f549e4014ccc630c1c6861c.png
AAAA THANk you all so much! We reached 200 supports!
AAAA THANk you all so much! We reached 200 supports!
1163.pnglPHbqY1.png15295.pngdominator_magma_robot_by_defunctbattery-db7x12o.gifznkYagL.png
I’m unsure as to if I’ve posted here before but I must agree whole heartedly with this. The vials were a disaster and it most definitely wasn’t implemented correctly, it harms older dragons and players deeply and if I was older than I am on the site I’d probably be far more upset but new players as well now have the issue of never being able to get new eyes via vials and projects can and will take large amounts of time to complete.

And I very much agree that we should have an alternative to the vials we have for better chances at customization. I feel quite offended that if I wanted to I would have very little chance to give my favorite dragons let alone my Progen rare eyes, my avatar dragon has glowing eyes simply because scatters are to expensive and even still I probably wouldn’t get what I wanted so for now he’s keeping the glowing eyes.
I’m unsure as to if I’ve posted here before but I must agree whole heartedly with this. The vials were a disaster and it most definitely wasn’t implemented correctly, it harms older dragons and players deeply and if I was older than I am on the site I’d probably be far more upset but new players as well now have the issue of never being able to get new eyes via vials and projects can and will take large amounts of time to complete.

And I very much agree that we should have an alternative to the vials we have for better chances at customization. I feel quite offended that if I wanted to I would have very little chance to give my favorite dragons let alone my Progen rare eyes, my avatar dragon has glowing eyes simply because scatters are to expensive and even still I probably wouldn’t get what I wanted so for now he’s keeping the glowing eyes.
4xTBSTZ.png
This is a wonderful idea. I myself don't usually have big breeding projects or anything but it would be really nice to be able to change the eye types..

As some others have mentioned on this thread, the eyes could just be changed to a quaternary gene, which I would love even more. With all the different eye types it would be nice to have some control over which you get. Also, when there was only one eye type per flight, getting different flight eyes did not matter quite as much. But with 7 eye types per flight, instead of not having access to 10 eye types we do not have access to 70. This is by far too much...

I truly hope the staff makes some changes to the eye system.
This is a wonderful idea. I myself don't usually have big breeding projects or anything but it would be really nice to be able to change the eye types..

As some others have mentioned on this thread, the eyes could just be changed to a quaternary gene, which I would love even more. With all the different eye types it would be nice to have some control over which you get. Also, when there was only one eye type per flight, getting different flight eyes did not matter quite as much. But with 7 eye types per flight, instead of not having access to 10 eye types we do not have access to 70. This is by far too much...

I truly hope the staff makes some changes to the eye system.
Agreed.
However, technically there are 6 eye types we can't control (because Glowing and Common are excluded) and there's 11 flights which means 66 features we have no control of. That is definitely too much.
Agreed.
However, technically there are 6 eye types we can't control (because Glowing and Common are excluded) and there's 11 flights which means 66 features we have no control of. That is definitely too much.
1163.pnglPHbqY1.png15295.pngdominator_magma_robot_by_defunctbattery-db7x12o.gifznkYagL.png
1 2 ... 50 51 52 53 54 ... 111 112