Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Various eye vials - 90% problem fixes
1 2 ... 30 31 32 33 34 ... 111 112
@dransnake ADFDSS I know about its existence, I just forgot to edit the post, thanks for the heads up
@dransnake ADFDSS I know about its existence, I just forgot to edit the post, thanks for the heads up
1163.pnglPHbqY1.png15295.pngdominator_magma_robot_by_defunctbattery-db7x12o.gifznkYagL.png
@DeadBattery No problem yo! I wish you luck in the endeavors on getting us more eye vials. I don't think I can do much besides support the cause, but I wish you luck anyways!
@DeadBattery No problem yo! I wish you luck in the endeavors on getting us more eye vials. I don't think I can do much besides support the cause, but I wish you luck anyways!
hwxM86P.png FR+1
She/her pronouns!
Freelance artist
ShaDOM Discord
(open to all!)
gold_sword.gif galaxy_love.gif jmOzXMH.png
Getting the new common on dragons is a good start, but we need something that let's use get the old eyes on dragons as well as individual vials and/or cycling scattervials.
Getting the new common on dragons is a good start, but we need something that let's use get the old eyes on dragons as well as individual vials and/or cycling scattervials.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
It’s definitely nice that we can revert our dragons’ eyes to Common if we hatch a type that we dislike! But that was only part of the issue, and does nothing to help people whose dragons have been negatively affected by the Common update, or people who really want one of the new eye types on their old favorite dragons.

We’ve heard that the staff are reading and considering our feedback on the Eyepocalypse. It would be super great to hear some good news on fixes soon, like a Classic/Legacy option and unretiring Scattersights/introducing specific vials. ;__; It’s been nearly two months of silence.

User satisfaction is at least as important, if not more, than the staff’s personal vision for FR. I know that not every suggestion can be implemented, and that’s totally fine! But it’s the users who have even allowed FR to reach its 5th anniversary in the first place, and when an event makes thousands of users upset, going “Well we as a team like it so ehhhh you’ll get used to it” and refusing to change anything seems... unwise, IMO. :’/
It’s definitely nice that we can revert our dragons’ eyes to Common if we hatch a type that we dislike! But that was only part of the issue, and does nothing to help people whose dragons have been negatively affected by the Common update, or people who really want one of the new eye types on their old favorite dragons.

We’ve heard that the staff are reading and considering our feedback on the Eyepocalypse. It would be super great to hear some good news on fixes soon, like a Classic/Legacy option and unretiring Scattersights/introducing specific vials. ;__; It’s been nearly two months of silence.

User satisfaction is at least as important, if not more, than the staff’s personal vision for FR. I know that not every suggestion can be implemented, and that’s totally fine! But it’s the users who have even allowed FR to reach its 5th anniversary in the first place, and when an event makes thousands of users upset, going “Well we as a team like it so ehhhh you’ll get used to it” and refusing to change anything seems... unwise, IMO. :’/
PB-logo-transparent1.png gem.png Ashes | F
gem.png +4h FR time
gem.png Feel free to ping me!
Now that FR announced a raffle feature, one or more individual eye types could be added there. I mean, it's cool we can win unique dragons in the raffle. But that still won't add the new eyes on the old dragons. FR could easily throw some new individual eye vials into the raffle. Please?
Now that FR announced a raffle feature, one or more individual eye types could be added there. I mean, it's cool we can win unique dragons in the raffle. But that still won't add the new eyes on the old dragons. FR could easily throw some new individual eye vials into the raffle. Please?
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
I know the introduction of the raffles as a planned feature has everyone's focus, but don't think that means people have forgotten about wanting new eyes on old dragons.
I know the introduction of the raffles as a planned feature has everyone's focus, but don't think that means people have forgotten about wanting new eyes on old dragons.
Pings are disabled.

^ seriously. i won't forget until something is done about it
^ seriously. i won't forget until something is done about it
r0TEJcn.gif
Mar||INFP-T||Chaotic Neutral||FR Clock +3||*Rp!||Lioden
x0iVMgw.png
Usually buying art. PM me & let me commission you!!
19389_90ce43590987e43c_I.gif13150_6082608227cbe796_I.gif3379_104bee4741d0976d_I.gif 4640_cff8fd95c80db023_I.gif 3433_bb0886194e8d3513_I.gif5234_330dbb072405bbcd_I.gif
Auctioning a XXY G1 here!
3z98tEG.png
[/url]
I would really love to see these implemented. I have some scattersights saved up but am afraid to use them to get uncommon/unusual/rare eyes on my older dragons in case I find a G1 in the future who I want with faceted/multi/primal eyes. My SO and friend each had to use 30-60 vials to get the special eyes on their dragons.

If I could just take the time and resources to slowly work towards a guarentee of special eyes I would feel much better.
I would really love to see these implemented. I have some scattersights saved up but am afraid to use them to get uncommon/unusual/rare eyes on my older dragons in case I find a G1 in the future who I want with faceted/multi/primal eyes. My SO and friend each had to use 30-60 vials to get the special eyes on their dragons.

If I could just take the time and resources to slowly work towards a guarentee of special eyes I would feel much better.
They/Them FR+2
SO much support!

Personally, I'd even go so far as to suggest Faceted, Multi-Gaze and Primal be accessible ONLY through vials, like Glowing are now. That way people like me who are disturbed by some of the primals and the multi-gaze wont have a chance to breed them accidentally. I realize that might take it too far but it would be an easy partial fix to one of the biggest problems with the eyes.
SO much support!

Personally, I'd even go so far as to suggest Faceted, Multi-Gaze and Primal be accessible ONLY through vials, like Glowing are now. That way people like me who are disturbed by some of the primals and the multi-gaze wont have a chance to breed them accidentally. I realize that might take it too far but it would be an easy partial fix to one of the biggest problems with the eyes.
[quote name="Nitewulf" date="2018-08-01 20:39:00" ] Personally, I'd even go so far as to suggest Faceted, Multi-Gaze and Primal be accessible ONLY through vials, like Glowing are now. That way people like me who are disturbed by some of the primals and the multi-gaze wont have a chance to breed them accidentally. I realize that might take it too far but it would be an easy partial fix to one of the biggest problems with the eyes. [/quote] I personally would've greatly preferred this as well from the get-go, although my reasoning is a lot more to do with thematic inconsistency. Primal, Multi-Gaze, and Facet simply don't look like "natural" eye colors in the same vein as the other eye variants. While I rather like them design-wise, I don't feel like they fit in well with Uncommon-Rare in the same way due to their stylistic differences; they have unique textures and additions to their lineart and shading that make them more than just a recolor of the common eye type. I understand staff wanted these new eye types available from the get-go, to the point of trying to excuse it in the lore by going "but mutations guys", likely fearing that the less striking eye variants might not draw the same amount of interest upon release. However, this doesn't change the fact that Faceted, Multi-Gaze and Primal feel much more visually/thematically fitting as Gem releases or vials available through Baldwin/Coli/etc. rather than part of the pool of "natural", can-crop-up-anywhere-in-any-nest eye types. I wouldn't even have minded Scattersights keeping Faceted/Multi-Gaze/Primal (and thus making their rarity/usage as Starter Vials somewhat justified; being able to grind for retiring vials in the off-chance you could get a Gem-priced vial might actually be very worth the risk for some users) so long as they weren't in the natural breeding pool; and while I know the justification for that is "so everyone can get one! just breed for them!", that just doesn't hold up so well when Glowing is Gem-exclusive and can't, to my knowledge, be bred for. Staff cherrypicking with what eye types are "natural" and what aren't while not holding to any stylistic standards is a rather questionable decision to me. In the past, gene prices and treasure/gem/brewing genes have largely made sense; treasure genes are usually based on existing animal/natural patterns, and are usually simply colored. Gem genes have a more crystalline, "unnatural" appearance to them. Baldwin genes often have extra colors. So why on earth are eyes like Primal, Multi-Gaze and Faceted being included alongside the more natural colortones like Uncommon, Unusual and Rare, while Glowing is Gem exclusive?
Nitewulf wrote on 2018-08-01 20:39:00:

I personally would've greatly preferred this as well from the get-go, although my reasoning is a lot more to do with thematic inconsistency.

Primal, Multi-Gaze, and Facet simply don't look like "natural" eye colors in the same vein as the other eye variants. While I rather like them design-wise, I don't feel like they fit in well with Uncommon-Rare in the same way due to their stylistic differences; they have unique textures and additions to their lineart and shading that make them more than just a recolor of the common eye type. I understand staff wanted these new eye types available from the get-go, to the point of trying to excuse it in the lore by going "but mutations guys", likely fearing that the less striking eye variants might not draw the same amount of interest upon release. However, this doesn't change the fact that Faceted, Multi-Gaze and Primal feel much more visually/thematically fitting as Gem releases or vials available through Baldwin/Coli/etc. rather than part of the pool of "natural", can-crop-up-anywhere-in-any-nest eye types.

I wouldn't even have minded Scattersights keeping Faceted/Multi-Gaze/Primal (and thus making their rarity/usage as Starter Vials somewhat justified; being able to grind for retiring vials in the off-chance you could get a Gem-priced vial might actually be very worth the risk for some users) so long as they weren't in the natural breeding pool; and while I know the justification for that is "so everyone can get one! just breed for them!", that just doesn't hold up so well when Glowing is Gem-exclusive and can't, to my knowledge, be bred for.

Staff cherrypicking with what eye types are "natural" and what aren't while not holding to any stylistic standards is a rather questionable decision to me. In the past, gene prices and treasure/gem/brewing genes have largely made sense; treasure genes are usually based on existing animal/natural patterns, and are usually simply colored. Gem genes have a more crystalline, "unnatural" appearance to them. Baldwin genes often have extra colors. So why on earth are eyes like Primal, Multi-Gaze and Faceted being included alongside the more natural colortones like Uncommon, Unusual and Rare, while Glowing is Gem exclusive?

“Denizens of the Volt-Lands”
She/They/He | FR Time +0
1 2 ... 30 31 32 33 34 ... 111 112