Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Various eye vials - 90% problem fixes
1 2 ... 16 17 18 19 20 ... 111 112
@jackabug

Definitely can't take all the credit there, @Plagueheart had the initial thought of a transfer between dragons! I just wanted to figure out the ingame mechanics of that :]
@jackabug

Definitely can't take all the credit there, @Plagueheart had the initial thought of a transfer between dragons! I just wanted to figure out the ingame mechanics of that :]
hk0zK67.gif
@Bioluminous @jackabug

Not my idea originally; it was proposed by LaWombat over here. I just like it a lot and am promoting it vigorously.
@Bioluminous @jackabug

Not my idea originally; it was proposed by LaWombat over here. I just like it a lot and am promoting it vigorously.

LTuUX3R.png

everything happens so much
nrPzdF6.png

I'M GONNA DRINK IT LIKE A PERSON
@Bioluminous @Plagueheart

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!
@Bioluminous @Plagueheart

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!
...Q2qxxGt.png
SUPPORT! Edit:feedback: ok well I think this entire post has been very well thought out and executed. They use others comments/thoughts, and prove that in implementing these ideas, these changes, that it will help solve or fix issues entirely. They do this by pointing out the main issues and then explaining themselves. The fact that they fit this into the games lore as well even adds to the fact that it MIGHT be the best way to implement this idea into the game. Rather then how the game owners just threw in the vials and didn't think it through, and proceeded to retire them permanently for the negative feedback they got. If that's not how it went then I'm misled and forgive me as I have been away since the very start of the issue. I believe this is a great idea and think that with how well thought out it is that it should absolutely be used in the game. So once again. 100% support.
SUPPORT! Edit:feedback: ok well I think this entire post has been very well thought out and executed. They use others comments/thoughts, and prove that in implementing these ideas, these changes, that it will help solve or fix issues entirely. They do this by pointing out the main issues and then explaining themselves. The fact that they fit this into the games lore as well even adds to the fact that it MIGHT be the best way to implement this idea into the game. Rather then how the game owners just threw in the vials and didn't think it through, and proceeded to retire them permanently for the negative feedback they got. If that's not how it went then I'm misled and forgive me as I have been away since the very start of the issue. I believe this is a great idea and think that with how well thought out it is that it should absolutely be used in the game. So once again. 100% support.
for sale ->. 78075389.png . 79695285.png . 76605495.png . h0FvtF4.gif
. a8c063aef9f53261a2a517c21c5372bd8a51ae1c.png . 899b13958bd8dd6201cfc8808fbe7689b2ce2e3d.png
@RueColdFire, @Dodecahedron, @ShadowEclipse

This is just a friendly reminder that bumping threads or just saying "support" on posts tend to be deleted by mods; if you want your support to stay in the thread you should always try and put maybe some feedback in your posts. Thanks for the support regardless though!
@RueColdFire, @Dodecahedron, @ShadowEclipse

This is just a friendly reminder that bumping threads or just saying "support" on posts tend to be deleted by mods; if you want your support to stay in the thread you should always try and put maybe some feedback in your posts. Thanks for the support regardless though!

“Denizens of the Volt-Lands”
She/They/He | FR Time +0
@Illiobillium thank you for letting me know, I actually just threw in my full support a while ago ^w^
@Illiobillium thank you for letting me know, I actually just threw in my full support a while ago ^w^
tumblr_oofbfjTLQh1v3aphzo1_r2_100.gif7GZL67L.png74564023p.png70421400p.png6bg3tVz.pngtumblr_oofbfjTLQh1v3aphzo1_r2_100.gif
[quote]Full support for the general outlines of this idea, with the exact implementation (Baldwin materials, gold cost, level and brew time; coli drop rates; etc.) to be determined by FR staff.[/quote] I also agree the specific details and amounts should be left to the staff if they release eye specific vials through various site mechanics. I'm sure they have their own vision of how rare each eye type should be, and maybe once the gears of breeding start turning they'll have a feel for the player-run market for the eyes too. Plus, I'd imagine the staff would have access to data we don't have (like how many of each material is just sitting in hoards, how many dragons are being bought for what treasure price, how often the existing eye vials are being used, etc), and they can put that data to good use in calculating the best possible cost in return for eye specific vials.
Quote:
Full support for the general outlines of this idea, with the exact implementation (Baldwin materials, gold cost, level and brew time; coli drop rates; etc.) to be determined by FR staff.

I also agree the specific details and amounts should be left to the staff if they release eye specific vials through various site mechanics. I'm sure they have their own vision of how rare each eye type should be, and maybe once the gears of breeding start turning they'll have a feel for the player-run market for the eyes too. Plus, I'd imagine the staff would have access to data we don't have (like how many of each material is just sitting in hoards, how many dragons are being bought for what treasure price, how often the existing eye vials are being used, etc), and they can put that data to good use in calculating the best possible cost in return for eye specific vials.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
Support! This is a very well thought out plan and I can totally see it happen without disrupting the current gameplay. As many people have pointed out, the eye types introduced too many unwanted variables to the customizing and breeding process. IMO, the controllability and fun in achieving the ultimate goal falls into a standard distribution: Players having too many control over the process will enable them to achieve their goals too easily; then players might not be able to keep up with generating new goals and they lose their interest in the game quickly. However, players having too little control over the process will disable them to effectively work toward their goals and frankly that is even more of a buzzkill as it fosters helplessness and all sorts of negative emotions. And this suggestion is trying to fix the [s]eyepocalypse[/s] big mistake that is the 5th year anniversary by returning the controllability back to the +1 or 2 standard deviation. Also I feel compelled to quote this paragraph because it's so well written and NEED to be heard by more people. [quote name="Ridara" date="2018-06-20 05:52:24" ] But this isn't real life. This is a video game. This money isn't inherited or earned as interest on billion-dollar investments. This money isn't distributed unevenly by an oppressive sexist, racist and homophobic system. This money is (nine times out of ten) something we earn by playing the game we love. We spend hours here, flipping on the AH, playing mini-games or in the Coli. The more you play, the more you earn. [b]By making a certain (crucial!) feature mostly-inaccessible to the most passionate players, you are alienating them[/b]. Will we get over it? Probably, because we're the most passionate players and we love the site. Does it make you look good? Hell no. And if spurning passionate players in favor of newbies becomes a pattern of behavior, the newbies will take note. They see more than you think they do. They're [b]not[/b] necessarily going to become the next generation of hard-core players. [/quote] [emphasis added]
Support!

This is a very well thought out plan and I can totally see it happen without disrupting the current gameplay. As many people have pointed out, the eye types introduced too many unwanted variables to the customizing and breeding process.

IMO, the controllability and fun in achieving the ultimate goal falls into a standard distribution:

Players having too many control over the process will enable them to achieve their goals too easily; then players might not be able to keep up with generating new goals and they lose their interest in the game quickly.

However, players having too little control over the process will disable them to effectively work toward their goals and frankly that is even more of a buzzkill as it fosters helplessness and all sorts of negative emotions.

And this suggestion is trying to fix the eyepocalypse big mistake that is the 5th year anniversary by returning the controllability back to the +1 or 2 standard deviation.

Also I feel compelled to quote this paragraph because it's so well written and NEED to be heard by more people.
Ridara wrote on 2018-06-20 05:52:24:
But this isn't real life. This is a video game. This money isn't inherited or earned as interest on billion-dollar investments. This money isn't distributed unevenly by an oppressive sexist, racist and homophobic system. This money is (nine times out of ten) something we earn by playing the game we love. We spend hours here, flipping on the AH, playing mini-games or in the Coli. The more you play, the more you earn. By making a certain (crucial!) feature mostly-inaccessible to the most passionate players, you are alienating them. Will we get over it? Probably, because we're the most passionate players and we love the site. Does it make you look good? Hell no. And if spurning passionate players in favor of newbies becomes a pattern of behavior, the newbies will take note. They see more than you think they do. They're not necessarily going to become the next generation of hard-core players.
[emphasis added]
vfJxCVy.png
@/ZxwxZ GASPS, thank you so much omg!
@/ZxwxZ GASPS, thank you so much omg!
1163.pnglPHbqY1.png15295.pngdominator_magma_robot_by_defunctbattery-db7x12o.gifznkYagL.png
100% in support of this. I honestly thought that this is the way it should have been done in the first place.

@ZxwxZ I liked your comment along, and thank you for adding that quote too. It speaks to me so well.
100% in support of this. I honestly thought that this is the way it should have been done in the first place.

@ZxwxZ I liked your comment along, and thank you for adding that quote too. It speaks to me so well.
r0TEJcn.gif
Mar||INFP-T||Chaotic Neutral||FR Clock +3||*Rp!||Lioden
x0iVMgw.png
Usually buying art. PM me & let me commission you!!
19389_90ce43590987e43c_I.gif13150_6082608227cbe796_I.gif3379_104bee4741d0976d_I.gif 4640_cff8fd95c80db023_I.gif 3433_bb0886194e8d3513_I.gif5234_330dbb072405bbcd_I.gif
Auctioning a XXY G1 here!
3z98tEG.png
[/url]
1 2 ... 16 17 18 19 20 ... 111 112