Suggestions
Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Transfer Eye Types
1 2 3 4 5 6
Sort of hesitant/scared to post this, for many reasons(my social anxiety aside, despite this being the internet where I don't physically see the people I'm presenting to), but I got the idea in my head that just started spiraling out of control and wanted to post it. [sub][i]Disclaimer:[/i] I just feel the need to briefly disclaim that I love the new eyes. While the scattersight grinding was frustrating, I don't regret it. I'm not trying to desperately beg for cool eyes for everyone. I understand that these new eyes were meant to be a random breeding aspect that gives hatchlings rarity and value(and this is a cool feature that I actually like the idea of) and that the vials of scattersight will remain retired.[/sub] I'm actually not interested myself in wanting the rarer eye types for my progens, but I've seen a good amount of people mention that their own progens and old gen 1s are left out. The scattersights are now retired, so future old dragon collectors won't have the same chance(or funds) as new hatchlings to get these eyes. It got me thinking. So here's the idea. [rule] [b]Lore Wise:[/b] In the Aftershocks lore, it mentions that the changes to the hatchlings observed in the story are just a new expression of magic. No new magics and no levels raising as a result of the magic gathering over the nesting grounds of Sornieth. But it doesn't outright state that it's impossible. So there's a possibility that there [i]could [/i]be hatchlings born with new levels of magic, levels that are annoyingly or dangerously high. A Lightning flight hatchling might be expelling too much electricity and mildly shocking every dragon around them, or a water hatchling keeps wetting the bed.(And not from bathroom needs.) So the dragons of Sornieth devise a way to help them. An adult dragon can help the hatchling get to a tolerable magic level by transferring some of the excess magic to themselves through way of a ceremony. This removes the expression of magic from the hatchling's eyes and just makes them a normal dragon, while the adult dragon now displays the expression instead and the hatchling is no longer, say, burping up fireballs that keep singeing the curtains(Fire, obviously). The adult either handles the excess magic better, or some magic is lost in the transfer. [b]Execution:[/b] Basically, I thought of a "ceremony" (or whatever it might be better brainstormed into) that transfers the desired eye-type from a hatchling to an adult. The adult ends up with the hatchling's eye type, while the hatchling's eyes change to "Common". I wanted to take into account the currently existing scattersights that are now retired. People are already in a dilemma whether or not to use them, as the chance of getting an eye type they desire is extremely low. [b][u]Objectives:[/u][/b] -Keep scattersights retired and valuable. -Keep hatchlings that this occurs to rare/valuable. -Give older dragons chances for these same eyes. It couldn't be an item, because any item introduced(other than a "revert to common" eye scroll that the admins have agreed is a good idea), would de-value the growing worth of the retired scattersight, and also ruin any efforts everyone went through to grind all those vials. Since it's not an item, it might be a new link area added to the Trading Post? Or in the Clan Area? The suggestions and possibilities for how that goes about are endless, but the basics would be a new area where this "ceremony" is performed. Players select their hatchling with an eye-type that they want to "transfer". They then select an adult dragon that they want this specific eye type to move to. Now, there are several ideas for factors and variables. Before we hit that confirm button, there might be a few things to note: [list][*]Transfers are not 100% successful. If they fail, the hatchling reverts to a "common" eye tint. The magic is just expelled back into Sornieth's atmosphere. The adult dragon is unaffected and remains the same. -Percentage of success suggestion: 50%? Not too low, not too high. A chance to fail, but still a chance to succeed since the player has already attained a certain hatchling whether by luck or through purchase. Players go in knowing the risks. [u]-Theory:[/u] Since there is a failure chance, this will keep vials of scattersight valuable as retired items should be. [*]Upon success, the hatchling's eyes change to "common" and the adult gains the eye-type that the hatchling had. [u]-Additional Suggestion/Ideas:[/u] Other items have the potential to be used or added to increase success rates, [s]but maybe scattersights are the only ones that can get it up to 100%?[/s] [u]--Pros/Cons:[/u] Scattersights are rare enough as they are, this will further deplete them. The equivalent to using a scroll to get what you want. [b]OR[/b] Using a scattersight will keep them valuable. It wouldn't be a wasted effort if the vials of scattersight helped add to a successful transfer, rather, it would make them more valuable over time as retired items go. Even if scattersights dwindle over time, the ceremony would still be available. [u]-Alternate Suggestion/Ideas:[/u]Brand new items, or existing FR items can be created/used to help boost rates. Maybe a stack of wild flowers, some rocks, etc. Various items to collect to help the ceremony's chances. [u]-Alternate Suggestions/Ideas:[/u] Festival currency can increase the success rate. Performing a ceremony based around the adult's element during a festival of that element improves the chances even more, maybe even up to 100% since festivals only come once a year. [u]-Alternate Suggestions/Ideas:[/u] Exalting hatchlings that this ceremony is performed on for no dominance and no monetary gain. [rule] [b][u]Notes/Possible Ideas:[/u][/b] [list][*]Ceremonies can only be performed on an adult and hatchling pair. Hatchlings with rare eye-types would raise in price, regardless of their color and gene combos. [*]Adults cannot transfer eye-types to other dragons. This would prevent bouncing eye-types around multiple dragons. [*]A cooldown timer, like with breeding. Dragons, even if the ceremony failed, have a cooldown time until they can take part in this ceremony again. Scattersights obviously don't have this limit and can be used as many times as wanted, so this gives them value over the ceremony. [*]Only eye-types are transferred(Faceted, Multi-sight, Primal), not [i]elements [/i]of eyes. The flight elements do not change. If Primal is transferred from a plague hatchling to an ice adult, the adult will get Primal [b]ice [/b]eyes. [u]-Alternate Suggestions:[/u] Limit transfers to dragons with the same element. A light dragon can only transfer their primal eyes to another light dragon. [*]Glowing Sight(And any future gem/treasure marketplace eye-types) would not be transferable through the ceremony. As it's a gem marketplace item, it doesn't need this transfer option. [*]Common eye-types can't be transferred since this is what the hatchling would revert to upon success or "failure" of the ceremony. Also, the Vial of Tempered Sight makes the need to transfer common eyes through the ceremony unnecessary. [/list][/list] While the rarer eye types have given hatchlings lots of value, they are already being exalted. For whatever reason, there is still less value in some of the hatchlings, even if they are extremely lucky in getting "rare" eye-types. I think the transfer would make all hatchlings valuable, even if they were bred for fodder. And, for now, that's it. I may make this post pretty and add pictures for more of a visual representation if this is decently received? Obviously, a suggestion is thus, a suggestion, so this is just my thought. Feel free to suggest further improvements and ideas, I will add alternate possibilities for brainstorming potentials.
Sort of hesitant/scared to post this, for many reasons(my social anxiety aside, despite this being the internet where I don't physically see the people I'm presenting to), but I got the idea in my head that just started spiraling out of control and wanted to post it.

Disclaimer: I just feel the need to briefly disclaim that I love the new eyes. While the scattersight grinding was frustrating, I don't regret it. I'm not trying to desperately beg for cool eyes for everyone. I understand that these new eyes were meant to be a random breeding aspect that gives hatchlings rarity and value(and this is a cool feature that I actually like the idea of) and that the vials of scattersight will remain retired.

I'm actually not interested myself in wanting the rarer eye types for my progens, but I've seen a good amount of people mention that their own progens and old gen 1s are left out. The scattersights are now retired, so future old dragon collectors won't have the same chance(or funds) as new hatchlings to get these eyes.

It got me thinking. So here's the idea.

Lore Wise: In the Aftershocks lore, it mentions that the changes to the hatchlings observed in the story are just a new expression of magic. No new magics and no levels raising as a result of the magic gathering over the nesting grounds of Sornieth. But it doesn't outright state that it's impossible. So there's a possibility that there could be hatchlings born with new levels of magic, levels that are annoyingly or dangerously high. A Lightning flight hatchling might be expelling too much electricity and mildly shocking every dragon around them, or a water hatchling keeps wetting the bed.(And not from bathroom needs.)

So the dragons of Sornieth devise a way to help them. An adult dragon can help the hatchling get to a tolerable magic level by transferring some of the excess magic to themselves through way of a ceremony. This removes the expression of magic from the hatchling's eyes and just makes them a normal dragon, while the adult dragon now displays the expression instead and the hatchling is no longer, say, burping up fireballs that keep singeing the curtains(Fire, obviously). The adult either handles the excess magic better, or some magic is lost in the transfer.

Execution: Basically, I thought of a "ceremony" (or whatever it might be better brainstormed into) that transfers the desired eye-type from a hatchling to an adult. The adult ends up with the hatchling's eye type, while the hatchling's eyes change to "Common".

I wanted to take into account the currently existing scattersights that are now retired. People are already in a dilemma whether or not to use them, as the chance of getting an eye type they desire is extremely low.

Objectives:

-Keep scattersights retired and valuable.
-Keep hatchlings that this occurs to rare/valuable.
-Give older dragons chances for these same eyes.

It couldn't be an item, because any item introduced(other than a "revert to common" eye scroll that the admins have agreed is a good idea), would de-value the growing worth of the retired scattersight, and also ruin any efforts everyone went through to grind all those vials.

Since it's not an item, it might be a new link area added to the Trading Post? Or in the Clan Area? The suggestions and possibilities for how that goes about are endless, but the basics would be a new area where this "ceremony" is performed.

Players select their hatchling with an eye-type that they want to "transfer". They then select an adult dragon that they want this specific eye type to move to.

Now, there are several ideas for factors and variables. Before we hit that confirm button, there might be a few things to note:
  • Transfers are not 100% successful. If they fail, the hatchling reverts to a "common" eye tint. The magic is just expelled back into Sornieth's atmosphere. The adult dragon is unaffected and remains the same.

-Percentage of success suggestion: 50%? Not too low, not too high. A chance to fail, but still a chance to succeed since the player has already attained a certain hatchling whether by luck or through purchase. Players go in knowing the risks.

-Theory: Since there is a failure chance, this will keep vials of scattersight valuable as retired items should be.
  • Upon success, the hatchling's eyes change to "common" and the adult gains the eye-type that the hatchling had.
    -Additional Suggestion/Ideas: Other items have the potential to be used or added to increase success rates, but maybe scattersights are the only ones that can get it up to 100%?
    --Pros/Cons: Scattersights are rare enough as they are, this will further deplete them. The equivalent to using a scroll to get what you want. OR Using a scattersight will keep them valuable. It wouldn't be a wasted effort if the vials of scattersight helped add to a successful transfer, rather, it would make them more valuable over time as retired items go. Even if scattersights dwindle over time, the ceremony would still be available.

-Alternate Suggestion/Ideas:Brand new items, or existing FR items can be created/used to help boost rates. Maybe a stack of wild flowers, some rocks, etc. Various items to collect to help the ceremony's chances.

-Alternate Suggestions/Ideas: Festival currency can increase the success rate. Performing a ceremony based around the adult's element during a festival of that element improves the chances even more, maybe even up to 100% since festivals only come once a year.

-Alternate Suggestions/Ideas: Exalting hatchlings that this ceremony is performed on for no dominance and no monetary gain.

Notes/Possible Ideas:
    • Ceremonies can only be performed on an adult and hatchling pair. Hatchlings with rare eye-types would raise in price, regardless of their color and gene combos.
    • Adults cannot transfer eye-types to other dragons. This would prevent bouncing eye-types around multiple dragons.
    • A cooldown timer, like with breeding. Dragons, even if the ceremony failed, have a cooldown time until they can take part in this ceremony again. Scattersights obviously don't have this limit and can be used as many times as wanted, so this gives them value over the ceremony.
    • Only eye-types are transferred(Faceted, Multi-sight, Primal), not elements of eyes. The flight elements do not change. If Primal is transferred from a plague hatchling to an ice adult, the adult will get Primal ice eyes.
      -Alternate Suggestions: Limit transfers to dragons with the same element. A light dragon can only transfer their primal eyes to another light dragon.
    • Glowing Sight(And any future gem/treasure marketplace eye-types) would not be transferable through the ceremony. As it's a gem marketplace item, it doesn't need this transfer option.
    • Common eye-types can't be transferred since this is what the hatchling would revert to upon success or "failure" of the ceremony. Also, the Vial of Tempered Sight makes the need to transfer common eyes through the ceremony unnecessary.

While the rarer eye types have given hatchlings lots of value, they are already being exalted. For whatever reason, there is still less value in some of the hatchlings, even if they are extremely lucky in getting "rare" eye-types. I think the transfer would make all hatchlings valuable, even if they were bred for fodder.

And, for now, that's it. I may make this post pretty and add pictures for more of a visual representation if this is decently received? Obviously, a suggestion is thus, a suggestion, so this is just my thought. Feel free to suggest further improvements and ideas, I will add alternate possibilities for brainstorming potentials.
FeQ86Gb.png
Don't go hide in a hole! It's a really interesting suggestion and I'd love to see it implemented.

Is the intent that you could pair up a hatchling & an adult of any element and just transfer the type? Or, if I want Multi-Gaze on a Light adult, I need to go find a Light hatchling with Multi-Gaze?

I can see arguments for it going either way, but lorewise the second makes much more sense. Although if it's any hatchling to any adult, this would suddenly give Plague Primal hatchlings value equivalent with the other Primals--more than, because someone might be much less concerned about losing a Plague Primal eye without getting a Primal on the adult.
Don't go hide in a hole! It's a really interesting suggestion and I'd love to see it implemented.

Is the intent that you could pair up a hatchling & an adult of any element and just transfer the type? Or, if I want Multi-Gaze on a Light adult, I need to go find a Light hatchling with Multi-Gaze?

I can see arguments for it going either way, but lorewise the second makes much more sense. Although if it's any hatchling to any adult, this would suddenly give Plague Primal hatchlings value equivalent with the other Primals--more than, because someone might be much less concerned about losing a Plague Primal eye without getting a Primal on the adult.

LTuUX3R.png

everything happens so much
nrPzdF6.png

I'M GONNA DRINK IT LIKE A PERSON
I really love this idea, and support everything about it except for the failure chance. I think it would be better if instead, a particular eye type required a particular number of vials to transfer (one vial for Uncommon, five for Primal, etc) but the ceremony was guaranteed. Otherwise it might burn through the site's supply a bit too quickly, unless you didn't mean applying multiples to the same ceremony.
That or you can perform the ceremony with no vials, but apply a specific number of them to hit a 100% chance... in which case I might be agreeing with your original mechanic and just be suggesting "don't make it require too many vials to get to a guaranteed transfer" ^_^'

Also a possibility--and I'm not sure this would make a lot of difference, but just a thought--maybe the ceremony also auto-exalts the hatchling? It could be framed as the deity needing to bless the transfer or something to that effect.
I really love this idea, and support everything about it except for the failure chance. I think it would be better if instead, a particular eye type required a particular number of vials to transfer (one vial for Uncommon, five for Primal, etc) but the ceremony was guaranteed. Otherwise it might burn through the site's supply a bit too quickly, unless you didn't mean applying multiples to the same ceremony.
That or you can perform the ceremony with no vials, but apply a specific number of them to hit a 100% chance... in which case I might be agreeing with your original mechanic and just be suggesting "don't make it require too many vials to get to a guaranteed transfer" ^_^'

Also a possibility--and I'm not sure this would make a lot of difference, but just a thought--maybe the ceremony also auto-exalts the hatchling? It could be framed as the deity needing to bless the transfer or something to that effect.
@Plagueheart
Thank you! ;-; I didn't even think to specify, but I had in mind a hatchling & adult of any element, you would just need to specify the eye type of the hatchling. A primal-eyed, plague hatchling would transfer primal eyes to an ice adult, and they would become an adult with ice primal.

@Cryoflyte
I figured I could leave it open. On the slim chance that the admins do like the idea, it would ultimately be up to them. Eye-deally, I wouldn't want it to be a high fail chance. I would be happy with 50-70% success. And say, adding 3-5 scattersights would boost it up to 100% success, giving the ceremony a fail rate in comparison gives the scattersights more value and another use.(In theory, anyway.)

This could also open up the opportunity to just use or create a random item that relates to ceremonies that would have no other use. Like... just for an example, a runestone could increase the chances as well, but maybe less than a scattersight?
@Plagueheart
Thank you! ;-; I didn't even think to specify, but I had in mind a hatchling & adult of any element, you would just need to specify the eye type of the hatchling. A primal-eyed, plague hatchling would transfer primal eyes to an ice adult, and they would become an adult with ice primal.

@Cryoflyte
I figured I could leave it open. On the slim chance that the admins do like the idea, it would ultimately be up to them. Eye-deally, I wouldn't want it to be a high fail chance. I would be happy with 50-70% success. And say, adding 3-5 scattersights would boost it up to 100% success, giving the ceremony a fail rate in comparison gives the scattersights more value and another use.(In theory, anyway.)

This could also open up the opportunity to just use or create a random item that relates to ceremonies that would have no other use. Like... just for an example, a runestone could increase the chances as well, but maybe less than a scattersight?
FeQ86Gb.png
I kinda dig this idea. It’d be much easier for me to find a facet eyed baby to transfer the eyes to the one dragon I really want faceted eyes on than it would be for me to waste my 12 vials and then spend all my money on more in HOPES of getting faceted eyes, and I could use my vials for the dragons I want to have the lesser type new eyes! I believe the whole intent of the vials WAS to give older dragons a chance at the new eyes, but they skewed the numbers so low for the special eyes it’s near impossible for our older dragons to get in on that bit of the fun, and this would introduce a cool way for us to do that! And like you said, this keeps the rarity of each eye type because it’s just transferring the eyes to another dragon, thus the numbers stay the same. And I think it could definitely work between different elemental dragons. For instance a primal eyed plague baby wants to give a common eyed light dragon in its clan primal eyes, so when the primal eyes transfer, the light dragon’s magic absorbs it and creates light primal eyes instead. It’d make for some really cool lore! So many possibilities about the bonds between these dragons, I get a sort of mentor or familial type feeling from it myself and to have that sort of connection between dragons really exist on the site, not just written into a bio, would be really beautiful! This is a really creative idea and I think you have something really good here, so kudos to you! Staff should really check this idea out and consider it!
I kinda dig this idea. It’d be much easier for me to find a facet eyed baby to transfer the eyes to the one dragon I really want faceted eyes on than it would be for me to waste my 12 vials and then spend all my money on more in HOPES of getting faceted eyes, and I could use my vials for the dragons I want to have the lesser type new eyes! I believe the whole intent of the vials WAS to give older dragons a chance at the new eyes, but they skewed the numbers so low for the special eyes it’s near impossible for our older dragons to get in on that bit of the fun, and this would introduce a cool way for us to do that! And like you said, this keeps the rarity of each eye type because it’s just transferring the eyes to another dragon, thus the numbers stay the same. And I think it could definitely work between different elemental dragons. For instance a primal eyed plague baby wants to give a common eyed light dragon in its clan primal eyes, so when the primal eyes transfer, the light dragon’s magic absorbs it and creates light primal eyes instead. It’d make for some really cool lore! So many possibilities about the bonds between these dragons, I get a sort of mentor or familial type feeling from it myself and to have that sort of connection between dragons really exist on the site, not just written into a bio, would be really beautiful! This is a really creative idea and I think you have something really good here, so kudos to you! Staff should really check this idea out and consider it!
5bswfGJ.png
I do think this would be a good compromise, and it would make hatchlings with new rare eye variants more desireable, because people would want them for their old dragons.

This would also (I hestitate to say it) 'allow' the Admins to introduce more natural eyes that can be only bred for, without a huge backlash because there would be, once the scattervials are used up, no way to get those on any old dragons.
I do think this would be a good compromise, and it would make hatchlings with new rare eye variants more desireable, because people would want them for their old dragons.

This would also (I hestitate to say it) 'allow' the Admins to introduce more natural eyes that can be only bred for, without a huge backlash because there would be, once the scattervials are used up, no way to get those on any old dragons.
#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist!
13268166.png Want a Sex Change Scroll?
Read THIS!
Want Hybrid Dragons?
Read THIS!
Want Mutations when Hatching?
Read THIS!
Don't like Unnamed Dragons?
Read THIS!
14318365.png
@Cryoflyte

Whoops! I forgot to respond to the last bit. Although, I'm not certain about the exalting idea. I think the main downside to the ceremony would be the baby losing the special eyes to begin with. Maybe the hatchling is actually a good looking hatchling, the eyes just aren't so desirable, but they would do more good on another dragon.
@Cryoflyte

Whoops! I forgot to respond to the last bit. Although, I'm not certain about the exalting idea. I think the main downside to the ceremony would be the baby losing the special eyes to begin with. Maybe the hatchling is actually a good looking hatchling, the eyes just aren't so desirable, but they would do more good on another dragon.
FeQ86Gb.png
I like the idea of a runestone! Or maybe instead of adding a new item, if the ceremonies were to be elementally restricted (or even if not, just base the element of the ceremony on the receiving dragon), maybe adding festival currency to increase the chances? That would have a nice lore element (ha! I made a funny! >.>) in that it would become easiest to perform the ceremony for a given element when that element's power is at its peak.

As for the auto-exalting, I'd more just been thinking about a way to add a little extra element of sacrifice to the ceremony for balancing, if that was needed. Or maybe that could be another way to increase the success chance.
I like the idea of a runestone! Or maybe instead of adding a new item, if the ceremonies were to be elementally restricted (or even if not, just base the element of the ceremony on the receiving dragon), maybe adding festival currency to increase the chances? That would have a nice lore element (ha! I made a funny! >.>) in that it would become easiest to perform the ceremony for a given element when that element's power is at its peak.

As for the auto-exalting, I'd more just been thinking about a way to add a little extra element of sacrifice to the ceremony for balancing, if that was needed. Or maybe that could be another way to increase the success chance.
super cool idea!
super cool idea!
I really do like this idea, it would still leave the eyes valuable, and older players could still give their dragons the newer eyes. Overall this is a very-well thought out suggestion.

Like Jemadar said, the staff could then introduce more natural eyes in the future with this sort of thing.
I really do like this idea, it would still leave the eyes valuable, and older players could still give their dragons the newer eyes. Overall this is a very-well thought out suggestion.

Like Jemadar said, the staff could then introduce more natural eyes in the future with this sort of thing.
Leader of the Bear Army
1 2 3 4 5 6