Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Legacy eye type
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 57 58
[quote name="Cryoflyte" date="2018-06-11 17:55:39" ] ShiraCheshire I'm 100% with you on not releasing it via coli, unless it was as a supplement to another source. If I never see another freaking pohip again it'll be too soon... x.x I do think that it's fundamentally unfair if the vials are excessively difficult/pricey to acquire. Like a few people have said on this thread, it kind of leaves a bad taste to have to spend anything to reverse a change we had no say in, but we're willing to do it because okay, site art marches on, we get that. But specifically, I don't think "yes, we're willing to pay the staff for gems to revert a change made to our dragons by the staff" is a good precedent/message to set at all, unless they're just dirt cheap (10g or so). Making them brewable (as long as it's not too high a level) would be fair enough, though. Heck, I'd take them as a festival currency item ("The concentrated elemental magic in this vial negates the changes wrought by the Bounty of the Elements") but that does risk the point you raise about confusing new players. I'm in agreement with the other part of your point 3, in that having the Legacy eyes be presented as just another equal option wouldn't be so bad. For a lot of people the differences really are so subtle it won't matter (and that's already an issue with some new types for certain flights/breeds anyway), and for cases where there is a big difference, I don't think it would break anything to have one 'easy' option. It could be the Stripes of the eye world. [/quote] I have to say I don't support making it something that needs to be bought but a brewable item would be fantastic! Something that doesn't require a really high level to brew so it is accessible to everyone. I personally think that would be best and fair because this was a change no one asked for. This shouldn't be something people can make bank on because a good majority of people didn't want this change and if it is expensive people will pay for it. It just feels wrong.
Cryoflyte wrote on 2018-06-11 17:55:39:
ShiraCheshire

I'm 100% with you on not releasing it via coli, unless it was as a supplement to another source. If I never see another freaking pohip again it'll be too soon... x.x

I do think that it's fundamentally unfair if the vials are excessively difficult/pricey to acquire. Like a few people have said on this thread, it kind of leaves a bad taste to have to spend anything to reverse a change we had no say in, but we're willing to do it because okay, site art marches on, we get that. But specifically, I don't think "yes, we're willing to pay the staff for gems to revert a change made to our dragons by the staff" is a good precedent/message to set at all, unless they're just dirt cheap (10g or so). Making them brewable (as long as it's not too high a level) would be fair enough, though. Heck, I'd take them as a festival currency item ("The concentrated elemental magic in this vial negates the changes wrought by the Bounty of the Elements") but that does risk the point you raise about confusing new players.

I'm in agreement with the other part of your point 3, in that having the Legacy eyes be presented as just another equal option wouldn't be so bad. For a lot of people the differences really are so subtle it won't matter (and that's already an issue with some new types for certain flights/breeds anyway), and for cases where there is a big difference, I don't think it would break anything to have one 'easy' option. It could be the Stripes of the eye world.

I have to say I don't support making it something that needs to be bought but a brewable item would be fantastic! Something that doesn't require a really high level to brew so it is accessible to everyone. I personally think that would be best and fair because this was a change no one asked for. This shouldn't be something people can make bank on because a good majority of people didn't want this change and if it is expensive people will pay for it. It just feels wrong.
knhLXgs.png
support. though i definitely would prefer a cheap option for this, especially since i have a 100 dragons that would need it. i’m not happy at the idea of having to pay to get a look back on my dragons they've been sporting for years, so this unlimited use vial option sounds the most fair to me.
support. though i definitely would prefer a cheap option for this, especially since i have a 100 dragons that would need it. i’m not happy at the idea of having to pay to get a look back on my dragons they've been sporting for years, so this unlimited use vial option sounds the most fair to me.
The Fortress of Ice - Rollocke

tumblr_inline_nzqu0njNXM1tgh8q0_400.png

dottore... DOTTORE!!!
If an unlimited-use vial is unfeasible, maybe a 10k-15k Treasure vial in the Marketplace? Affordable and accessible, like the "Remove Gene" scrolls.

I mean, I'd still buy a 100g/100kT "Legacy vial" item, but I would definitely not be happy about it, especially since nobody asked for or actively wanted the old eyes to change in the first place. :'/

edit: A low-level brew item would be fine as well! We could use more "interesting" low-level items at Baldwin's.
If an unlimited-use vial is unfeasible, maybe a 10k-15k Treasure vial in the Marketplace? Affordable and accessible, like the "Remove Gene" scrolls.

I mean, I'd still buy a 100g/100kT "Legacy vial" item, but I would definitely not be happy about it, especially since nobody asked for or actively wanted the old eyes to change in the first place. :'/

edit: A low-level brew item would be fine as well! We could use more "interesting" low-level items at Baldwin's.
PB-logo-transparent1.png gem.png Ashes | F
gem.png +4h FR time
gem.png Feel free to ping me!
[quote name="Ningyo" date="2018-06-13 08:52:54" ] If an unlimited-use vial is unfeasible, maybe a 10k-15k Treasure vial in the Marketplace? Affordable and accessible, like the "Remove Gene" scrolls. I mean, I'd still buy a 100g/100kT "Legacy vial" item, but I would definitely not be happy about it, especially since nobody asked for or actively wanted the old eyes to change in the first place. :'/ edit: A low-level brew item would be fine as well! We could use more "interesting" low-level items at Baldwin's. [/quote] It could also come from multiple sources, similar to coli familiars also being available in the marketplace. Putting it in the marketplace and also having a brewing option available would allow for some nice flexibility. (It might also cause the price to crater like coli familiars, but under these specific circumstances I'd call that a bonus feature.)
Ningyo wrote on 2018-06-13 08:52:54:

It could also come from multiple sources, similar to coli familiars also being available in the marketplace. Putting it in the marketplace and also having a brewing option available would allow for some nice flexibility.
(It might also cause the price to crater like coli familiars, but under these specific circumstances I'd call that a bonus feature.)
[quote name="Cryoflyte" date="2018-06-13 14:53:19" ] It could also come from multiple sources, similar to coli familiars also being available in the marketplace. Putting it in the marketplace and also having a brewing option available would allow for some nice flexibility. (It might also cause the price to crater like coli familiars, but under these specific circumstances I'd call that a bonus feature.) [/quote] Yeah, that'd be fine too! Since they're such simple eyes, having them end up really cheap is alright. Plus then they're more easily accessible to players whose dragons got messed over by the update. :'0
Cryoflyte wrote on 2018-06-13 14:53:19:
It could also come from multiple sources, similar to coli familiars also being available in the marketplace. Putting it in the marketplace and also having a brewing option available would allow for some nice flexibility.
(It might also cause the price to crater like coli familiars, but under these specific circumstances I'd call that a bonus feature.)

Yeah, that'd be fine too! Since they're such simple eyes, having them end up really cheap is alright. Plus then they're more easily accessible to players whose dragons got messed over by the update. :'0
PB-logo-transparent1.png gem.png Ashes | F
gem.png +4h FR time
gem.png Feel free to ping me!
Support
Dirt cheap, level one Baldwin item seems like an alright idea. At least that way people get some experience in exchange for materials. Not in support of any gem cost. It should be as accessible as possible, and it wouldn't hurt to have it come in a bundle. (Like you get five or so back from the cauldron at once.) Otherwise, people with 100+ dragons to fix are going to have an even more irritating time.
Still places all the work of fixing the site's mistake on the users, so I'm not wild about that part, but I'd take it.
Support
Dirt cheap, level one Baldwin item seems like an alright idea. At least that way people get some experience in exchange for materials. Not in support of any gem cost. It should be as accessible as possible, and it wouldn't hurt to have it come in a bundle. (Like you get five or so back from the cauldron at once.) Otherwise, people with 100+ dragons to fix are going to have an even more irritating time.
Still places all the work of fixing the site's mistake on the users, so I'm not wild about that part, but I'd take it.
Support! As long as they aren't too expensive I'd be fine with buying them from the MP!
Support! As long as they aren't too expensive I'd be fine with buying them from the MP!
d6Bpz8P.pngCx0Sdv8.pngzWgdxzn.png5cC87Ar.png5Pvzltj.pngvAUMJFv.pngqKZAaLK.pngRFvdPMt.pngSLGMeHq.pngd3XCZt0.pngtumblr_ospvc67HxP1v8lm95o2_r2_250.gif
mz77kVn.png
Support. I am still furious over the idea of having to pay for something like this, the change should not have happened in the first place, and so would definitely not be in favor with much more than a common coli drop including low venues or a scavenge gene or a low level baldwin gene. But either way definitely in favor of this existing if we can't have a toggle or one time option to revert back.
Support. I am still furious over the idea of having to pay for something like this, the change should not have happened in the first place, and so would definitely not be in favor with much more than a common coli drop including low venues or a scavenge gene or a low level baldwin gene. But either way definitely in favor of this existing if we can't have a toggle or one time option to revert back.
Mostly hiatus-ing. PMs are the easiest way to contact me at the moment, but expect lots of time for it to get noticed.
I support this. For some users, every dragon pixel matters. There's no harm in giving them the option for the legacy eyes.
I support this. For some users, every dragon pixel matters. There's no harm in giving them the option for the legacy eyes.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
SUPPORT
There was something so nice about the old eyes, even if all they do is fix all the pupils/shading/scleras for all the current eye options and then make an option with the old colours, that would be perfect. I lost eyes that fit lore and I worked several times towards a breeding project that no longer works because of the change in lightning eyes(they used to be aqua, now they’re cyan), and my friend has a soft floral tundra who no longer looks as kind due to the sclera and his shadow eyes. I would give anything for a way to go back to see that playfulness in my dragons eyes again.

Edit— @Tuberose
I know it doesn’t change the major strain in coding a preupdate only option, but I actually looked, on the morning of the event at 2AM, ID by ID and ended up purchasing the 10th dragon born that day. So I actually have the last ID born before the event on hand (42276179).
SUPPORT
There was something so nice about the old eyes, even if all they do is fix all the pupils/shading/scleras for all the current eye options and then make an option with the old colours, that would be perfect. I lost eyes that fit lore and I worked several times towards a breeding project that no longer works because of the change in lightning eyes(they used to be aqua, now they’re cyan), and my friend has a soft floral tundra who no longer looks as kind due to the sclera and his shadow eyes. I would give anything for a way to go back to see that playfulness in my dragons eyes again.

Edit— @Tuberose
I know it doesn’t change the major strain in coding a preupdate only option, but I actually looked, on the morning of the event at 2AM, ID by ID and ended up purchasing the 10th dragon born that day. So I actually have the last ID born before the event on hand (42276179).
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 57 58