Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Legacy eye type
1 2 ... 52 53 54 55 56 57 58
Yep! There are many cases in which the new common eyes are great. I for one like the new ice eyes, I prefer soft blue to white and think it better matches the ice colour scheme. But the good thing about a feature like this is that it would still let me enjoy the soft blue ice eyes that I like, while others will be able to choose to get the classic white eyes that they prefer.
Yep! There are many cases in which the new common eyes are great. I for one like the new ice eyes, I prefer soft blue to white and think it better matches the ice colour scheme. But the good thing about a feature like this is that it would still let me enjoy the soft blue ice eyes that I like, while others will be able to choose to get the classic white eyes that they prefer.
jCVhFoZ.gif
And if the staff is worried about how legacy eyes would work on dragons lite...they don't have to. Ancient dragons don't have to have legacy eyes. This might be very easy to implement if ancient dragons have their own sets of eyes and can't use the types we already have. If ancient dragons can use all eye types now and forever and the code doesn't allow exclusion, then make a pseudo legacy eyes--just like with any new modern breed.
And if the staff is worried about how legacy eyes would work on dragons lite...they don't have to. Ancient dragons don't have to have legacy eyes. This might be very easy to implement if ancient dragons have their own sets of eyes and can't use the types we already have. If ancient dragons can use all eye types now and forever and the code doesn't allow exclusion, then make a pseudo legacy eyes--just like with any new modern breed.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
Super cool idea! Support!
Super cool idea! Support!
Bwjy6WH.pngrj7owsI.pngJUtMe6I.png
[quote]Legacy vials would remedy this issue perfectly and have no downsides at all.[/quote] This is the most winningest win-win situation ever. I don't understand how we've gotten at least two new eye types and not an old one.
Quote:
Legacy vials would remedy this issue perfectly and have no downsides at all.
This is the most winningest win-win situation ever. I don't understand how we've gotten at least two new eye types and not an old one.
Cheerful Chime Almedha | share project
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
I collect Pulsing Relics!
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
I like the new eyes, but I [b][i]support[/i][/b] Legacy eye vials. [emoji=tundra happy size=2]
I like the new eyes, but I support Legacy eye vials.
hVHlIic.png "Another donut! Extra sprinkles!" - Spike, The Best Night Ever (My Little Pony Season 1, Episode 26)
She/Her/Any - Loves:
Support.

I'm new to Flight Rising. My bio will state that I've been here since the end of March 2018, and though that's correct, I only got so far as to hatch my very first nest before I took a hiatus. I was busy with other things then, and this site wasn't a priority and didn't happen to draw me in at the time.

I came back just a few days before Wavecrest Saturnalia this year ( a complete coincidence, but a happy one ). Upon logging in, I got a message from Staff stating that they would refill all of my dragon's energy back to full in order to help me get back in the swing of things. I was touched. I remember thinking how considerate Staff must be to account for something like that, and how wonderful this site surely was to have such a dedicated and kind people working on it.

It was my belief in a good-hearted, hard-working Staff that actually nudged me to truly get into this game more. I dragged my husband and a few friends along with me, and we've all been having a ball.

I accidentally stumbled upon this thread this morning and read the entire thing. And I'm going to be honest -- I don't see a huge difference. Sure, there were some eyes I noticed immediately, but for the most part, I was zooming in, doing side-by-side comparisons, and squinting at it rather painfully.

But for me, that's not the point.

The point is that Staff changed something that was crucial to a lot of people's enjoyment suddenly and without warning, and has refused, for almost a full year, to even respond to requests to make an optional change back to the old art. And that's just... rather shocking to me. Reading that Staff does this sort of stuff often, and watching how little care they seem to have afforded all of you has shaken me, more than a bit. I know it's rather childish to have high hopes towards any sort of online management now-a-days, but my mind reasoned that this was the sweet dragon site! Surely it would be better here!

I understand nobody is perfect, and I can't expect perfection from anyone. I understand that there are probably things going on behind the scenes that none of us have perspective for. But not giving users an answer seems unnecessarily cruel and harsh. Maybe it's because they don't know if they can do it yet, and they don't want to give hope or disappointment before they know for sure. Maybe they're still undecided on their choice. But for all my wishful thinking and all my hoping, this is all I truly have to say...

Staff, you took something away that users depended on, spent money on, and enjoyed immensely. They came up with the solution to the problem you created. Now you have a duty.

Make it right.
Support.

I'm new to Flight Rising. My bio will state that I've been here since the end of March 2018, and though that's correct, I only got so far as to hatch my very first nest before I took a hiatus. I was busy with other things then, and this site wasn't a priority and didn't happen to draw me in at the time.

I came back just a few days before Wavecrest Saturnalia this year ( a complete coincidence, but a happy one ). Upon logging in, I got a message from Staff stating that they would refill all of my dragon's energy back to full in order to help me get back in the swing of things. I was touched. I remember thinking how considerate Staff must be to account for something like that, and how wonderful this site surely was to have such a dedicated and kind people working on it.

It was my belief in a good-hearted, hard-working Staff that actually nudged me to truly get into this game more. I dragged my husband and a few friends along with me, and we've all been having a ball.

I accidentally stumbled upon this thread this morning and read the entire thing. And I'm going to be honest -- I don't see a huge difference. Sure, there were some eyes I noticed immediately, but for the most part, I was zooming in, doing side-by-side comparisons, and squinting at it rather painfully.

But for me, that's not the point.

The point is that Staff changed something that was crucial to a lot of people's enjoyment suddenly and without warning, and has refused, for almost a full year, to even respond to requests to make an optional change back to the old art. And that's just... rather shocking to me. Reading that Staff does this sort of stuff often, and watching how little care they seem to have afforded all of you has shaken me, more than a bit. I know it's rather childish to have high hopes towards any sort of online management now-a-days, but my mind reasoned that this was the sweet dragon site! Surely it would be better here!

I understand nobody is perfect, and I can't expect perfection from anyone. I understand that there are probably things going on behind the scenes that none of us have perspective for. But not giving users an answer seems unnecessarily cruel and harsh. Maybe it's because they don't know if they can do it yet, and they don't want to give hope or disappointment before they know for sure. Maybe they're still undecided on their choice. But for all my wishful thinking and all my hoping, this is all I truly have to say...

Staff, you took something away that users depended on, spent money on, and enjoyed immensely. They came up with the solution to the problem you created. Now you have a duty.

Make it right.
I don't remember if I've supported this or not, so support! I see no issue with offering a vial with the old types available at a relatively cheap price. It would make a lot of people happy and hopefully wouldn't be too much work on the artists either.
I don't remember if I've supported this or not, so support! I see no issue with offering a vial with the old types available at a relatively cheap price. It would make a lot of people happy and hopefully wouldn't be too much work on the artists either.
LklXAGK.png
Honestly, no support. I would rather the staff put their time and effort into other aspects of this site other than this. The eye change is so minuscule that it really isn't noticeable. That plus the fact that the only eyes it would even be noticeable on in adults are the spirals and feas it just seems like a waste of time.

I've been on this site for three years now and anytime the staff tries to make changes in a new direction there is always this type of lash back. They have so many really cool plans coming up that I am really excited for. I don't want those plans getting set back because a few people (half of which I doubt will bother to change the eyes back anyway) want the old eyes back.

They aren't even that different.
Honestly, no support. I would rather the staff put their time and effort into other aspects of this site other than this. The eye change is so minuscule that it really isn't noticeable. That plus the fact that the only eyes it would even be noticeable on in adults are the spirals and feas it just seems like a waste of time.

I've been on this site for three years now and anytime the staff tries to make changes in a new direction there is always this type of lash back. They have so many really cool plans coming up that I am really excited for. I don't want those plans getting set back because a few people (half of which I doubt will bother to change the eyes back anyway) want the old eyes back.

They aren't even that different.
*constant obnoxious screaming*
LORE
ART SHOP
There's dozens of images on earlier pages that show this is enough of a difference that people are still upset a full year later. That backlash isn't going to go away, so vetoing a suggestion because of backlash doesn't solve anything. It just makes things worse.

Plus, there's absolutely the most minuscule of effort involved in this suggestion. All the art and code already exist. All it needs is a thumbnail and entered into the database. It'd probably take less than an hour.

Above feels like "people are unhappy, so let them be unhappy." That is a bad business model. A compromise like this would make a better site both in terms of players to administration and in customization.

This literally hurts no one. No one loses anything by legacy vials existing. No one is harmed in any way. It's the most win-win of suggestions out there. To claim people shouldn't have the eyes they loved on their dragons just comes across as petty or spiteful.
There's dozens of images on earlier pages that show this is enough of a difference that people are still upset a full year later. That backlash isn't going to go away, so vetoing a suggestion because of backlash doesn't solve anything. It just makes things worse.

Plus, there's absolutely the most minuscule of effort involved in this suggestion. All the art and code already exist. All it needs is a thumbnail and entered into the database. It'd probably take less than an hour.

Above feels like "people are unhappy, so let them be unhappy." That is a bad business model. A compromise like this would make a better site both in terms of players to administration and in customization.

This literally hurts no one. No one loses anything by legacy vials existing. No one is harmed in any way. It's the most win-win of suggestions out there. To claim people shouldn't have the eyes they loved on their dragons just comes across as petty or spiteful.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
Implementing legacy eyes hardly requires any effort, though. It's not like they have to draw new art, and they could simply use the code for already existing vials like glow or swirl.

It may not matter to everyone, but the difference is pretty obvious, even with breeds with small eyes. Guardian eyes lost their entire pupils. Pearlcatcher eyes lost their white sclera. Skydancer eyes got smaller and dimmer.
Implementing legacy eyes hardly requires any effort, though. It's not like they have to draw new art, and they could simply use the code for already existing vials like glow or swirl.

It may not matter to everyone, but the difference is pretty obvious, even with breeds with small eyes. Guardian eyes lost their entire pupils. Pearlcatcher eyes lost their white sclera. Skydancer eyes got smaller and dimmer.
jCVhFoZ.gif
1 2 ... 52 53 54 55 56 57 58