Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Legacy eye type
1 2 ... 37 38 39 40 41 ... 57 58
Welp, what an absolute slap in the face. I can't even be excited for the gorgeous new genes.

Honestly, I know (or at least certainly hope) it's not, but "hey we heard you miss your white sclera so here, have a new dark sclera type!" just feels like a pointed insult. And I'm not even one of the people who's all that upset about the sclera. =\
Welp, what an absolute slap in the face. I can't even be excited for the gorgeous new genes.

Honestly, I know (or at least certainly hope) it's not, but "hey we heard you miss your white sclera so here, have a new dark sclera type!" just feels like a pointed insult. And I'm not even one of the people who's all that upset about the sclera. =\
What we've been saying all along is that differences in the pupils and sclera can be dramatic enough to change the entire look of the dragon - and the new type, in addition to being really cool, is also a good demonstration of that.

Hopefully, eventually, the staff is willing to allow us to reclaim the dragons we fell in love with.
What we've been saying all along is that differences in the pupils and sclera can be dramatic enough to change the entire look of the dragon - and the new type, in addition to being really cool, is also a good demonstration of that.

Hopefully, eventually, the staff is willing to allow us to reclaim the dragons we fell in love with.
Y2CN2aK.png wc26tNn.png
“Slap in the face” is certainly what I’m feeling now. :c Especially since they told us that they were listening and reviewing our feedback... Now I really feel like that was all PR speak for “we don’t care, WE like it, you users don’t matter”. Which honestly sucks; I’ve been around for over 5 years and would like to have more faith in the staff than that. ;; I want to be excited for the new genes and new eye type. The genes in particular look really awesome! But I’m upset that they seem content to ignore the userbase and keep throwing shiny new things at us as if that’s going to erase the existing problems. The issues that people still have aren’t going to magically disappear. People are still going to want to fix their dragons that were irreversibly ruined [i]for no reason[/i] by the Common change. People are still going to want the new Natural eyes on their dragons. Please, staff. New stuff is cool, but please, please fix the problems that are piling up on your site. :( Legacy eyes to let us restore our old dragons to the looks that we bought, gened, bred, and paid for over the past [i]five years[/i] before you changed them without warning or good reason would be a great start. It would help so much and harm literally nothing and no one. Maybe they are working on something. I don’t know. But the release of new eyes 4 months after locking a bunch of update threads and saying “we’re listening” doesn’t bode well to me. ;_; I’m happy that we haven’t been outright dismissed, at least— so maybe there’s still a chance for Legacy? [b]EDIT:[/b] Posting this here since I posted it in another thread: Plague Common - eye mostly iris; sclera visible in the corner: [img]https://image.ibb.co/jBVFmL/FE21-A588-9-D4-D-4-F03-836-E-55-D501218-F39.jpg[/img] Plague Dark Sclera - eye at least 60% sclera, no detectable highlight or pupil: [img]https://image.ibb.co/hGX6t0/BB4122-E3-5-C0-E-4859-A9-E1-AA02-EEC8-CD9-F.jpg[/img] I’d be a bit worried that if we got a “White Sclera” eye type, it’d also tamper with the size of the sclera, [b]completely[/b] erase the pupil, and almost blot out the iris on PCs. But that said, since Dark Sclera changes the shading, lineart, and highlights in a dragon’s eyes, maybe Legacy isn’t too far-fetched? It would just reuse old art, so no extra work involved there, and Dark Sclera shows that they’re clearly okay with eye types differing from the standard template and not being “consistent” across breeds. It... might be a possibility, at least?
“Slap in the face” is certainly what I’m feeling now. :c Especially since they told us that they were listening and reviewing our feedback... Now I really feel like that was all PR speak for “we don’t care, WE like it, you users don’t matter”. Which honestly sucks; I’ve been around for over 5 years and would like to have more faith in the staff than that. ;;

I want to be excited for the new genes and new eye type. The genes in particular look really awesome! But I’m upset that they seem content to ignore the userbase and keep throwing shiny new things at us as if that’s going to erase the existing problems.

The issues that people still have aren’t going to magically disappear. People are still going to want to fix their dragons that were irreversibly ruined for no reason by the Common change. People are still going to want the new Natural eyes on their dragons.

Please, staff. New stuff is cool, but please, please fix the problems that are piling up on your site. :( Legacy eyes to let us restore our old dragons to the looks that we bought, gened, bred, and paid for over the past five years before you changed them without warning or good reason would be a great start. It would help so much and harm literally nothing and no one.

Maybe they are working on something. I don’t know. But the release of new eyes 4 months after locking a bunch of update threads and saying “we’re listening” doesn’t bode well to me. ;_; I’m happy that we haven’t been outright dismissed, at least— so maybe there’s still a chance for Legacy?

EDIT: Posting this here since I posted it in another thread:

Plague Common - eye mostly iris; sclera visible in the corner:
FE21-A588-9-D4-D-4-F03-836-E-55-D501218-F39.jpg

Plague Dark Sclera - eye at least 60% sclera, no detectable highlight or pupil:
BB4122-E3-5-C0-E-4859-A9-E1-AA02-EEC8-CD9-F.jpg

I’d be a bit worried that if we got a “White Sclera” eye type, it’d also tamper with the size of the sclera, completely erase the pupil, and almost blot out the iris on PCs.

But that said, since Dark Sclera changes the shading, lineart, and highlights in a dragon’s eyes, maybe Legacy isn’t too far-fetched? It would just reuse old art, so no extra work involved there, and Dark Sclera shows that they’re clearly okay with eye types differing from the standard template and not being “consistent” across breeds.
It... might be a possibility, at least?
PB-logo-transparent1.png gem.png Ashes | F
gem.png +4h FR time
gem.png Feel free to ping me!
[color=indigo] Oh, hey. Dark sclera is cool. But can we please get back the nice white scleras that we had on our old pearlcatchers, tundras, and others? [item=salt]
Oh, hey. Dark sclera is cool. But can we please get back the nice white scleras that we had on our old pearlcatchers, tundras, and others?

Salt
jCVhFoZ.gif
[quote name="Zhukov" date="2018-10-20 06:54:51" ] [color=indigo] Oh, hey. Dark sclera is cool. But can we please get back the nice white scleras that we had on our old pearlcatchers, tundras, and others? [item=salt] [/quote] And preferably [b]without[/b] altering/entirely erasing the pupils (PCs and WCs lose pupils; Mirrors actually [i]gain[/i] pupils) and having the sclera overtake 50% or more of the eye? [item=salt] Dark Sclera adds slit pupils and makes the iris tiny in proportion to the sclera on most breeds. I don’t want to see that happen with our one and only “White Sclera” eye option... Ideally, I’d like staff to just give us Legacy for our “white sclera” option. ;__;
Zhukov wrote on 2018-10-20 06:54:51:
Oh, hey. Dark sclera is cool. But can we please get back the nice white scleras that we had on our old pearlcatchers, tundras, and others?

Salt

And preferably without altering/entirely erasing the pupils (PCs and WCs lose pupils; Mirrors actually gain pupils) and having the sclera overtake 50% or more of the eye?
Salt
Dark Sclera adds slit pupils and makes the iris tiny in proportion to the sclera on most breeds. I don’t want to see that happen with our one and only “White Sclera” eye option... Ideally, I’d like staff to just give us Legacy for our “white sclera” option. ;__;
gem.png +4h FR time
I agree completely. I'm not a big fan of this eye type due to those reasons (and the fact that its invisible on imps and SDs, my two favourites) but I'm not being forced to use it so I'm not mad and I'm happy for everyone who likes it.

But if we do get a white sclera option like this with no legacy option... hoo boy, I will be salty.
I agree completely. I'm not a big fan of this eye type due to those reasons (and the fact that its invisible on imps and SDs, my two favourites) but I'm not being forced to use it so I'm not mad and I'm happy for everyone who likes it.

But if we do get a white sclera option like this with no legacy option... hoo boy, I will be salty.
jCVhFoZ.gif
^ Oh yeah, me too! It’s optional, and it isn’t designed to replace something that was lost when the original eyes were changed, so I’m not upset. And it does look cool on some breeds (unfortunately not PCs and Guardians, which are my favorites, haha), especially hatchlings.

I’m also going to be pretty exceptionally salty if we get a recoloured “White Sclera” vial instead of Legacy, though. ;; Having both would be fine, but if it’s one or the other, I’d rather have Legacy and just... get my dragons’ original eyes back in their entirety.
^ Oh yeah, me too! It’s optional, and it isn’t designed to replace something that was lost when the original eyes were changed, so I’m not upset. And it does look cool on some breeds (unfortunately not PCs and Guardians, which are my favorites, haha), especially hatchlings.

I’m also going to be pretty exceptionally salty if we get a recoloured “White Sclera” vial instead of Legacy, though. ;; Having both would be fine, but if it’s one or the other, I’d rather have Legacy and just... get my dragons’ original eyes back in their entirety.
gem.png +4h FR time
Slinking back out of the shadows to show my support again. I know the new eye type was popular among suggestions. If it wasn't planned before it started being suggested, then it's honestly great for the people who wanted it because if a suggestion ends up being implemented it's usually a lot longer after the initial thread or series of comments.

That said, I do kind of feel like we've been further ignored and slapped in the face. I was praying to Plaguemom that we'd get something regarding the old eyes before new ones were released, but here we are, still seemingly cast to the side.

I know many points in this thread have been repeated many times, but I firmly believe continued discussion on this topic is absolutely necessary. I make no claims to know how the staff operates in any way, the following is as an outsider looking in, I know I'm not alone in feeling deliberately ignored if not insulted. The handling of the anniversary update was not good at all and only added to these problems.

Time and time again there's a major update, people have issues with certain parts of it, they leave critiques, we get a standard 'we're looking into solutions' message, and then silence and continually seeming to ignore the problem until either some action is taken down the line or we seemingly never hear about it again and the issue continues to be swept under the rug. I want to make it abundantly clear that I am not claiming any of those things are actually the case.

No news is good news in terms of it's not a definite no, but it doesn't stop the lack of news from coming off as totally blowing off the problem.

With the advent of these new eyes, it at least really shows that eye types don't have to keep strictly to the template of the new common eyes. Legacy eyes shouldn't be hard to implement. They already have the artwork, and if for whatever reason it's lost or something, the community certainly has a thorough documentation of all the original eyes. For new breeds, they could simply be given a Legacy variant that better matches the old shading and hues, or even just hues. On certain dragons, variations in eye type and sometimes color is very hard to spot, so giving new breeds an option for Legacy eyes as well would likely look rather similar to the current common eyes.

The new eyes changed a lot, and for certain types of dragon, it is very noticeable, something which should be obvious by now based on the existence of these discussions and the strong desire to have the old eyes be an option.

Straight up giving all dragons that were hatched before the update Legacy eyes is no longer an option as I'm concerned. If they rolled it back now, that would cause an even bigger problem than we've already got. We already have various eye vials coded and certain eyes are impossible to breed for.

In my opinion, the best and easiest solution is to:
  1. Keep Legacy out of the breeding pool
  2. Make the vials a cheap treasure marketplace item
  3. Don't revert any dragons
  4. Maybe give a few Legacy vials to every account a la previous anniversary and event item distributions

While I believe optimally, Legacy vials would be a treasure marketplace item, I'd be ok with them being easy to obtain in other ways. If given to Baldwin, make it low level and low cost, if given to Swipp, weight its appearance to be higher than other trades and cheap like the broken glass trade, if given to gathering or coli, give it a high drop rate, say between food and non-boss familiar drops. Hell, I'd even be alright with a low price gem item.

But as has been stated, making it expensive or hard to obtain would imply that the item is highly valuable or desirable, which I agree, I don't think that's something the staff would want to do.

That was rather long, but I think I've said my piece... for now.
Slinking back out of the shadows to show my support again. I know the new eye type was popular among suggestions. If it wasn't planned before it started being suggested, then it's honestly great for the people who wanted it because if a suggestion ends up being implemented it's usually a lot longer after the initial thread or series of comments.

That said, I do kind of feel like we've been further ignored and slapped in the face. I was praying to Plaguemom that we'd get something regarding the old eyes before new ones were released, but here we are, still seemingly cast to the side.

I know many points in this thread have been repeated many times, but I firmly believe continued discussion on this topic is absolutely necessary. I make no claims to know how the staff operates in any way, the following is as an outsider looking in, I know I'm not alone in feeling deliberately ignored if not insulted. The handling of the anniversary update was not good at all and only added to these problems.

Time and time again there's a major update, people have issues with certain parts of it, they leave critiques, we get a standard 'we're looking into solutions' message, and then silence and continually seeming to ignore the problem until either some action is taken down the line or we seemingly never hear about it again and the issue continues to be swept under the rug. I want to make it abundantly clear that I am not claiming any of those things are actually the case.

No news is good news in terms of it's not a definite no, but it doesn't stop the lack of news from coming off as totally blowing off the problem.

With the advent of these new eyes, it at least really shows that eye types don't have to keep strictly to the template of the new common eyes. Legacy eyes shouldn't be hard to implement. They already have the artwork, and if for whatever reason it's lost or something, the community certainly has a thorough documentation of all the original eyes. For new breeds, they could simply be given a Legacy variant that better matches the old shading and hues, or even just hues. On certain dragons, variations in eye type and sometimes color is very hard to spot, so giving new breeds an option for Legacy eyes as well would likely look rather similar to the current common eyes.

The new eyes changed a lot, and for certain types of dragon, it is very noticeable, something which should be obvious by now based on the existence of these discussions and the strong desire to have the old eyes be an option.

Straight up giving all dragons that were hatched before the update Legacy eyes is no longer an option as I'm concerned. If they rolled it back now, that would cause an even bigger problem than we've already got. We already have various eye vials coded and certain eyes are impossible to breed for.

In my opinion, the best and easiest solution is to:
  1. Keep Legacy out of the breeding pool
  2. Make the vials a cheap treasure marketplace item
  3. Don't revert any dragons
  4. Maybe give a few Legacy vials to every account a la previous anniversary and event item distributions

While I believe optimally, Legacy vials would be a treasure marketplace item, I'd be ok with them being easy to obtain in other ways. If given to Baldwin, make it low level and low cost, if given to Swipp, weight its appearance to be higher than other trades and cheap like the broken glass trade, if given to gathering or coli, give it a high drop rate, say between food and non-boss familiar drops. Hell, I'd even be alright with a low price gem item.

But as has been stated, making it expensive or hard to obtain would imply that the item is highly valuable or desirable, which I agree, I don't think that's something the staff would want to do.

That was rather long, but I think I've said my piece... for now.
Ljw7JvQ.png
dBieivA.png
VL4xbrl.png
WI7lnRZ.png
RYOGC9t.png v886aA7.png etQ32zN.png
If they can give us dark sclera, they can give us white sclera. (And it'd better not be the same template as dark.)
If they can give us dark sclera, they can give us white sclera. (And it'd better not be the same template as dark.)
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
Still really hoping for some kind of legacy eye soon. I know I'm too invested when my first response to an eye update is frustration that we still don't know if they'll ever do something about the old eyes. [quote name="Zhukov" date="2018-10-20 07:00:26" ] But if we do get a white sclera option like this with no legacy option... hoo boy, I will be salty. [/quote] Especially if it just looks like the dark sclera
Still really hoping for some kind of legacy eye soon. I know I'm too invested when my first response to an eye update is frustration that we still don't know if they'll ever do something about the old eyes.
Zhukov wrote on 2018-10-20 07:00:26:
Especially if it just looks like the dark sclera
1 2 ... 37 38 39 40 41 ... 57 58