Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Legacy eye type
1 2 ... 23 24 25 26 27 ... 57 58
Since day one? It's been an issue since hour one of the news of an eye RNG breeding mechanic...
Since day one? It's been an issue since hour one of the news of an eye RNG breeding mechanic...
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
Bows. We got bows. Not one word about any fix in the works, just that. This is beyond frustrating.
Bows. We got bows. Not one word about any fix in the works, just that. This is beyond frustrating.
The old ways are lost, but so am I

IuAQKUa.png
I know the bows had been in the works for several months, so it’s nice that we finally got them! But... some kind of word on the eyes would’ve been nice to add in. They’ve added other tidbits/update stuff to news posts about unrelated things, so they could’ve done it now, too.

The fact that they haven’t told us “No, we’re never bringing the original eyes back” is the only hope I have to go on. It would be great to hear something soon. :c
I know the bows had been in the works for several months, so it’s nice that we finally got them! But... some kind of word on the eyes would’ve been nice to add in. They’ve added other tidbits/update stuff to news posts about unrelated things, so they could’ve done it now, too.

The fact that they haven’t told us “No, we’re never bringing the original eyes back” is the only hope I have to go on. It would be great to hear something soon. :c
PB-logo-transparent1.png gem.png Ashes | F
gem.png +4h FR time
gem.png Feel free to ping me!
I like the idea of a legacy eye type.

I do think some of the new default eyes look great, but some of them really don't work with my dragons. I don't like that I've spent effort, time, and money on certain dragons, only to have them changed in a way that, to me personally, kind of ruined them for me.

I've exalted some of my old faves, since they looked really bizarre to me after the change. It feels like effort and money down the drain, though, since that's what it took to get those dragons in the first place. And I have a lot of others in my lair that I can only just barely tolerate now, eye-wise.

At the end of the day, I know it's just a game, and I don't have to expend any effort on it or buy gems. I really love this game, though. And given that I do buy gems to spend on dragons sometimes, I'd like to be able to keep what I paid for. ^^;
I like the idea of a legacy eye type.

I do think some of the new default eyes look great, but some of them really don't work with my dragons. I don't like that I've spent effort, time, and money on certain dragons, only to have them changed in a way that, to me personally, kind of ruined them for me.

I've exalted some of my old faves, since they looked really bizarre to me after the change. It feels like effort and money down the drain, though, since that's what it took to get those dragons in the first place. And I have a lot of others in my lair that I can only just barely tolerate now, eye-wise.

At the end of the day, I know it's just a game, and I don't have to expend any effort on it or buy gems. I really love this game, though. And given that I do buy gems to spend on dragons sometimes, I'd like to be able to keep what I paid for. ^^;
[quote name="True" date="2018-08-18 13:08:56" ] And given that I do buy gems to spend on dragons sometimes, I'd like to be able to keep what I paid for. ^^; [/quote] Very much how I feel. I did send a direct inquiry stating this to the team back when all this changed. They were pretty unforgiving, saying that buying gems had nothing to do with the eyes, a response that really upset me. I outlined for them AGAIN that a lot of gems were spent scattering dragons to help match eyes that no longer match. I did not receive a response to that. The business practices here are just plain unwise, and a lot of other things I'll refrain from stating. The only reason I stick around is for festivals (misread the dates and am online today having wasted my food count for the week, oops) and for the fact that one of the updates after used the term 'legacy,' something I was hopeful was an in between the lines message saying that they were actually listening to us. While I didn't expect a quick answer because it looked like there were other factors in play that prevented direct answers, it is beginning to feel that their using that language and my hope was just...blank hope. I'll hold on a little while more, but seriously, there's no reason to financially support and little reason to remain a part of a site which is both actively disengaged with the users and actively changes key aspects of the site. I would be very interested to know if any other asks are getting answered, or if they have gone silent even on the private mode.
True wrote on 2018-08-18 13:08:56:
And given that I do buy gems to spend on dragons sometimes, I'd like to be able to keep what I paid for. ^^;

Very much how I feel. I did send a direct inquiry stating this to the team back when all this changed. They were pretty unforgiving, saying that buying gems had nothing to do with the eyes, a response that really upset me. I outlined for them AGAIN that a lot of gems were spent scattering dragons to help match eyes that no longer match. I did not receive a response to that. The business practices here are just plain unwise, and a lot of other things I'll refrain from stating.

The only reason I stick around is for festivals (misread the dates and am online today having wasted my food count for the week, oops) and for the fact that one of the updates after used the term 'legacy,' something I was hopeful was an in between the lines message saying that they were actually listening to us.

While I didn't expect a quick answer because it looked like there were other factors in play that prevented direct answers, it is beginning to feel that their using that language and my hope was just...blank hope. I'll hold on a little while more, but seriously, there's no reason to financially support and little reason to remain a part of a site which is both actively disengaged with the users and actively changes key aspects of the site.

I would be very interested to know if any other asks are getting answered, or if they have gone silent even on the private mode.
Mostly hiatus-ing. PMs are the easiest way to contact me at the moment, but expect lots of time for it to get noticed.
@Joying - I sent 2 tickets within the first month, and have been sending a ticket every following month about Legacy eyes (or other options to get the original eyes back) and explaining why it’s so important, and I’ve gotten responses to all of mine so far! Just automated “We can’t say if we’ll implement this or not, but we’re always looking for ways to improve FR and your feedback is important” replies, but replies nonetheless.

I’m trying to remain hopeful that they’ll listen to us eventually. At least with apparel updates, you can redress your dragons. It still sucks when their look gets thrown off, but the dragon itself remains intact, and can be given different apparel. It also doesn’t affect every dragon on site; just the ones with those clothes, and most apparel updates are done to fix up apparel with thick, dated lineart that looks old and out-of-place among the majority of other apparel.

The old eyes did not look “dated” or “clunky”. They looked just fine on everyone’s dragons- nobody, nobody ever went “I hope they update the eyes, I can’t stand looking at FR dragons because the eyes are so chunky and old-looking”. With apparel, it was either very apparent that the art was old, and people occasionally asked if it would be polished to match the rest of the wardrobe.

But we can’t fix our dragons’ eyes. We can’t just get “new” eyes for them like we can with apparel- not only are Scattersights retired, but the new eye templates mean that all tints suffer from blurry lineart, coloured sclera, nonexistent or smudged pupils, nonexistent or flat shading, and plastic white highlights. And most Flights don’t even have tints that look like the original colours, either...

It’s also weird that they said that buying Gems “has nothing to do with the eyes”?? Like, what do you think most users buy Gems for, if not their dragons???? It’s no stretch of the imagination to see that users buy Gems for genes, Scatterscrolls, accents, apparel, and even dragons themselves— and often because they like the way the dragon’s eyes match. While nobody is obligated to buy Gems, changing something that you know people have spent real money on without offering a way to to back is... a really awful thing to do, honestly. :c
@Joying - I sent 2 tickets within the first month, and have been sending a ticket every following month about Legacy eyes (or other options to get the original eyes back) and explaining why it’s so important, and I’ve gotten responses to all of mine so far! Just automated “We can’t say if we’ll implement this or not, but we’re always looking for ways to improve FR and your feedback is important” replies, but replies nonetheless.

I’m trying to remain hopeful that they’ll listen to us eventually. At least with apparel updates, you can redress your dragons. It still sucks when their look gets thrown off, but the dragon itself remains intact, and can be given different apparel. It also doesn’t affect every dragon on site; just the ones with those clothes, and most apparel updates are done to fix up apparel with thick, dated lineart that looks old and out-of-place among the majority of other apparel.

The old eyes did not look “dated” or “clunky”. They looked just fine on everyone’s dragons- nobody, nobody ever went “I hope they update the eyes, I can’t stand looking at FR dragons because the eyes are so chunky and old-looking”. With apparel, it was either very apparent that the art was old, and people occasionally asked if it would be polished to match the rest of the wardrobe.

But we can’t fix our dragons’ eyes. We can’t just get “new” eyes for them like we can with apparel- not only are Scattersights retired, but the new eye templates mean that all tints suffer from blurry lineart, coloured sclera, nonexistent or smudged pupils, nonexistent or flat shading, and plastic white highlights. And most Flights don’t even have tints that look like the original colours, either...

It’s also weird that they said that buying Gems “has nothing to do with the eyes”?? Like, what do you think most users buy Gems for, if not their dragons???? It’s no stretch of the imagination to see that users buy Gems for genes, Scatterscrolls, accents, apparel, and even dragons themselves— and often because they like the way the dragon’s eyes match. While nobody is obligated to buy Gems, changing something that you know people have spent real money on without offering a way to to back is... a really awful thing to do, honestly. :c
gem.png +4h FR time
It's just so frustrating not to know what to do with my dragons now.

With Nature eyes, in terms of tint, Uncommon looks most like the emerald shade that Legacy used to have (Common is too bright/loud a green). So if I knew for 100% certain we'd never get Legacy eyes, I'd vial a lot of dragons until I got that.

But for many of them, even with Uncommon, the lineart is less attractive to me than Legacy, so I'm very reluctant to use retired items like Scattervials to make my dragons look just slightly better (especially knowing I'd still overwrite them with Legacy if the option ever became available).

Waiting, however, means that I just don't enjoy looking at those dragons very much in the meantime.

And even worse is my poor female Bogsneak...I'd never want to exalt her, she was the result of a breeding project that tied up huge chunks of my lairspace for nearly a year, and I was so satisfied when I finally got her, but her eyes make me cringe now.
It's just so frustrating not to know what to do with my dragons now.

With Nature eyes, in terms of tint, Uncommon looks most like the emerald shade that Legacy used to have (Common is too bright/loud a green). So if I knew for 100% certain we'd never get Legacy eyes, I'd vial a lot of dragons until I got that.

But for many of them, even with Uncommon, the lineart is less attractive to me than Legacy, so I'm very reluctant to use retired items like Scattervials to make my dragons look just slightly better (especially knowing I'd still overwrite them with Legacy if the option ever became available).

Waiting, however, means that I just don't enjoy looking at those dragons very much in the meantime.

And even worse is my poor female Bogsneak...I'd never want to exalt her, she was the result of a breeding project that tied up huge chunks of my lairspace for nearly a year, and I was so satisfied when I finally got her, but her eyes make me cringe now.
Y2CN2aK.png wc26tNn.png
[quote name="Ningyo" date="2018-08-19 07:33:05" ] It’s also weird that they said that buying Gems “has nothing to do with the eyes”?? Like, what do you think most users buy Gems for, if not their dragons???? It’s no stretch of the imagination to see that users buy Gems for genes, Scatterscrolls, accents, apparel, and even dragons themselves— and often because they like the way the dragon’s eyes match. While nobody is obligated to buy Gems, changing something that you know people have spent real money on without offering a way to to back is... a really awful thing to do, honestly. :c [/quote] I honestly don't know whether to find it laughable or appalling that they would say something like this. Both, I suppose. People buy Gems to customize their dragons. Eyes are part of the dragons. How are they not relevant to each other? The eyes can be the determining factor in whether or not a user has any interest in a dragon. I've seen people spend mountains of currency on Gen1s with matching eyes. Plenty of those users bought those gems with IRL currency specifically so they could obtain those matching Gen1s. Thanks to the "new and improved" eyes, many of those dragons no longer actually have the matching eyes those users paid for, and there's no way to get them back. This is ridiculous. We need a Legacy vial. I want to agree with what Lara8 said as well. I have many breeding projects in various stages of completion, and thanks to the new eyes, I am at a complete loss for what to do with some of them. Bogsneaks' eyes (for both males and females) are absolutely unbearable to look at. Guardians' are completely flat and dead. But the dragons I had planned to obtain (or have already obtained) as Guardians and Bogsneaks just don't look right as any other breeds. Scattering the eyes won't help - Uncommon and Unusual are just as awful as Common. So what, then? Do I just give up on them because they're destined to look like crap now?
Ningyo wrote on 2018-08-19 07:33:05:

I honestly don't know whether to find it laughable or appalling that they would say something like this. Both, I suppose. People buy Gems to customize their dragons. Eyes are part of the dragons. How are they not relevant to each other?
The eyes can be the determining factor in whether or not a user has any interest in a dragon. I've seen people spend mountains of currency on Gen1s with matching eyes. Plenty of those users bought those gems with IRL currency specifically so they could obtain those matching Gen1s. Thanks to the "new and improved" eyes, many of those dragons no longer actually have the matching eyes those users paid for, and there's no way to get them back. This is ridiculous. We need a Legacy vial.

I want to agree with what Lara8 said as well. I have many breeding projects in various stages of completion, and thanks to the new eyes, I am at a complete loss for what to do with some of them. Bogsneaks' eyes (for both males and females) are absolutely unbearable to look at. Guardians' are completely flat and dead. But the dragons I had planned to obtain (or have already obtained) as Guardians and Bogsneaks just don't look right as any other breeds. Scattering the eyes won't help - Uncommon and Unusual are just as awful as Common. So what, then? Do I just give up on them because they're destined to look like crap now?
BEPjgXW.png
On some of my dragons, Wind Rare is closer to the original Wind than any of the other tints, including Common. However, Rare eyes are nearly impossible to scatter for, and since I strongly dislike the new lineart anyway, I am hesitant to blow 50+ retired vials for a chance to make my dragon’s eyes very marginally “better”. :/

I had some breeding projects and G1 goals as well, but those are all on hold now because the new Common/tinted eyes are just so... poorly-drawn. Guardians (my favorite breed) have big, flat, dead eyes, Pearlcatchers (my second favorite) have blurry eyes, plastic shading, and coloured sclera, Imperials have the same issue as Guardians, Nocturnes have no pupils, and Skydancers have extremely tiny eyes now.

I only come on to feed my dragons, get my gathering turns, and keep tabs on Suggestions now. I don’t want to breed, collect, dress, or gene dragons anymore. The new eye templates are just that badly-drawn to me, and I dislike the new Common colours, so I have no desire to add more dragons to my lair. There is literally no way at all to fix my existing dragons, either, which also puts a huge damper on my desire to play. I’ve been active every day since I joined in June 2013, but the frankly inexcusable Common change and the total lack of communication doesn’t exactly inspire me to continue to stick around. ;__;

Changing items? Sure, that doesn’t affect anything; just makes old trinkets and food bits look more polished. Changing apparel? I don’t always like how drastic it is, but at least the apparel that gets changed looked old (thick lines, flat shading, doesn’t mesh well with the dragons or 95% of other apparel), and we can redress our dragons if it’s ugly. Barring the original Ornate Armor set, none of the revamped apparel was from the Gem MP, and people didn’t generally buy, gene, breed, and change Flights for dragons to match specific old apparel.

But people did buy, gene, collect, dress, and breed dragons to match the old eyes. People chose and changed Flights for the old eyes- Ice’s white eyes were a huge draw, and I specifically moved to Light years ago because I loved the eyes. The eyes weren’t even dated-looking like old items and apparel, either!! It’s not like they stood out terribly on dragons’ faces; they were part of the original dragon artwork, and they looked just fine.

Since Flight changes (beyond the first one), Gem genes, Gem apparel, and user-made skins/accents all cost Gems (which users often buy with real money), why, why, why would you change the dragons- the very things people buy Gems for in the first place- half of a decade into the site? I’m still so bewildered and angry that the money and feelings of the userbase apparently mean so little. :( I am definitely not spending any more money here until we get a Legacy option— I’m not comfortable paying a site that’s happy to irreversibly change things the users pay real-world money for because of an arbitrary reason like “standardization”.

And that’s not even getting into the time, love, and effort that people have poured into their dragons. They may not have spent real-world money, but flushing up to 5 years of work (and years of enjoying carefully-created dragons) down the toilet for “standardization” is still pretty terrible. :c People have had entire lairs of upwards of 100 dragons thrown off or even ruined by the Common change, and the new lineart/shading means that even the (retired) tints won’t fix them.

We really, really need a Legacy vial.
On some of my dragons, Wind Rare is closer to the original Wind than any of the other tints, including Common. However, Rare eyes are nearly impossible to scatter for, and since I strongly dislike the new lineart anyway, I am hesitant to blow 50+ retired vials for a chance to make my dragon’s eyes very marginally “better”. :/

I had some breeding projects and G1 goals as well, but those are all on hold now because the new Common/tinted eyes are just so... poorly-drawn. Guardians (my favorite breed) have big, flat, dead eyes, Pearlcatchers (my second favorite) have blurry eyes, plastic shading, and coloured sclera, Imperials have the same issue as Guardians, Nocturnes have no pupils, and Skydancers have extremely tiny eyes now.

I only come on to feed my dragons, get my gathering turns, and keep tabs on Suggestions now. I don’t want to breed, collect, dress, or gene dragons anymore. The new eye templates are just that badly-drawn to me, and I dislike the new Common colours, so I have no desire to add more dragons to my lair. There is literally no way at all to fix my existing dragons, either, which also puts a huge damper on my desire to play. I’ve been active every day since I joined in June 2013, but the frankly inexcusable Common change and the total lack of communication doesn’t exactly inspire me to continue to stick around. ;__;

Changing items? Sure, that doesn’t affect anything; just makes old trinkets and food bits look more polished. Changing apparel? I don’t always like how drastic it is, but at least the apparel that gets changed looked old (thick lines, flat shading, doesn’t mesh well with the dragons or 95% of other apparel), and we can redress our dragons if it’s ugly. Barring the original Ornate Armor set, none of the revamped apparel was from the Gem MP, and people didn’t generally buy, gene, breed, and change Flights for dragons to match specific old apparel.

But people did buy, gene, collect, dress, and breed dragons to match the old eyes. People chose and changed Flights for the old eyes- Ice’s white eyes were a huge draw, and I specifically moved to Light years ago because I loved the eyes. The eyes weren’t even dated-looking like old items and apparel, either!! It’s not like they stood out terribly on dragons’ faces; they were part of the original dragon artwork, and they looked just fine.

Since Flight changes (beyond the first one), Gem genes, Gem apparel, and user-made skins/accents all cost Gems (which users often buy with real money), why, why, why would you change the dragons- the very things people buy Gems for in the first place- half of a decade into the site? I’m still so bewildered and angry that the money and feelings of the userbase apparently mean so little. :( I am definitely not spending any more money here until we get a Legacy option— I’m not comfortable paying a site that’s happy to irreversibly change things the users pay real-world money for because of an arbitrary reason like “standardization”.

And that’s not even getting into the time, love, and effort that people have poured into their dragons. They may not have spent real-world money, but flushing up to 5 years of work (and years of enjoying carefully-created dragons) down the toilet for “standardization” is still pretty terrible. :c People have had entire lairs of upwards of 100 dragons thrown off or even ruined by the Common change, and the new lineart/shading means that even the (retired) tints won’t fix them.

We really, really need a Legacy vial.
gem.png +4h FR time
Support all the way.

Today, I exalted a dragon I once loved, because his eyes lost the striking contrast they used to have. I'm considering getting rid of a breeding project that's been going on for almost a year now, because the original goal I had looks way worse, now that the Light eyes are lemon instead of a soft yellow.

We need a Legacy vial, or just some option to bring back the old eyes on specific dragons. I don't hate most of the new Common eyes, but I don't love them either and I dearly miss the way they used to look. If a Legacy vial was released, I might actually get a Guardian or Bogsneak permadragon again. Right now, they just look dead inside.

I wouldn't even be upset if a Legacy vial was implemented, and it cost 50kt per, or something like that. It'd be a straw to grasp at, an option to get back what I want to get back, and I would be endlessly relieved and grateful instead of complaining that it was too expensive.
Support all the way.

Today, I exalted a dragon I once loved, because his eyes lost the striking contrast they used to have. I'm considering getting rid of a breeding project that's been going on for almost a year now, because the original goal I had looks way worse, now that the Light eyes are lemon instead of a soft yellow.

We need a Legacy vial, or just some option to bring back the old eyes on specific dragons. I don't hate most of the new Common eyes, but I don't love them either and I dearly miss the way they used to look. If a Legacy vial was released, I might actually get a Guardian or Bogsneak permadragon again. Right now, they just look dead inside.

I wouldn't even be upset if a Legacy vial was implemented, and it cost 50kt per, or something like that. It'd be a straw to grasp at, an option to get back what I want to get back, and I would be endlessly relieved and grateful instead of complaining that it was too expensive.
5LqH0sj.png
1 2 ... 23 24 25 26 27 ... 57 58