Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Legacy eye type
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 57 58
A ton of people have been discussing this in all the "ugh they changed the eyes" threads but I don't see an actual thread for it, so now that they've confirmed the change to common eyes was intended... please, please give us a Legacy eye type with an easily acquired vial. The issue of standardization going forward is understandable, but the fact that an update where the entire function was to add new eye options actually removed options (never mind that the removed option is having the eyes our dragons have had for years) is such a strange and unfortunate decision. Eyes look so incredibly different across breeds anyway, and there's such difference between the various uncommon/rare options (some Rare being two-tone and others not, etc), that having a single non-standardized eye option would hardly be noticeable. Just toss a Legacy vial of similar price/rarity to maybe a Remove Gene scroll on the treasure marketplace, so the dragons that were really built around the old eyes can get them back, please?

(Alternate suggestion: some kind of unlimited-use vial that works only on dragons born before the update would be even better. But I have to imagine that would also be way more difficult to implement.)

(EDIT, alternate suggestion 2: if the staff doesn't want any alternate eye type to be too easily acquired going forward, they could make the vials a bit more difficult to acquire in general, but give all existing accounts a few free vials upon release.)
A ton of people have been discussing this in all the "ugh they changed the eyes" threads but I don't see an actual thread for it, so now that they've confirmed the change to common eyes was intended... please, please give us a Legacy eye type with an easily acquired vial. The issue of standardization going forward is understandable, but the fact that an update where the entire function was to add new eye options actually removed options (never mind that the removed option is having the eyes our dragons have had for years) is such a strange and unfortunate decision. Eyes look so incredibly different across breeds anyway, and there's such difference between the various uncommon/rare options (some Rare being two-tone and others not, etc), that having a single non-standardized eye option would hardly be noticeable. Just toss a Legacy vial of similar price/rarity to maybe a Remove Gene scroll on the treasure marketplace, so the dragons that were really built around the old eyes can get them back, please?

(Alternate suggestion: some kind of unlimited-use vial that works only on dragons born before the update would be even better. But I have to imagine that would also be way more difficult to implement.)

(EDIT, alternate suggestion 2: if the staff doesn't want any alternate eye type to be too easily acquired going forward, they could make the vials a bit more difficult to acquire in general, but give all existing accounts a few free vials upon release.)
Support!
I was thinking the name might be "Heritage" eyes, but Legacy works even better. As long as older dragons have their eye-color preserved in some way.
Support!
I was thinking the name might be "Heritage" eyes, but Legacy works even better. As long as older dragons have their eye-color preserved in some way.
j3zsWMV.png
I like this and the name suggestions for it. Perhaps, when scattersight is cycled out/retired, these vials could take its place in the coli? Or in the marketplace for a nominal cost.

Although I’m sure quite a few people will be miffed if they have to grind/work/pay to get the original eyes back.
I like this and the name suggestions for it. Perhaps, when scattersight is cycled out/retired, these vials could take its place in the coli? Or in the marketplace for a nominal cost.

Although I’m sure quite a few people will be miffed if they have to grind/work/pay to get the original eyes back.
EYhnjwN.png
Support!

I don't care how they implement it; I just want my dragons' old eyes back. ;__; I'd be more than happy to grind/brew/buy scrolls for my dragons who've been affected the most by the update, even if they cost Gems or a large amount of Treasure.
Support!

I don't care how they implement it; I just want my dragons' old eyes back. ;__; I'd be more than happy to grind/brew/buy scrolls for my dragons who've been affected the most by the update, even if they cost Gems or a large amount of Treasure.
PB-logo-transparent1.png gem.png Ashes | F
gem.png +4h FR time
gem.png Feel free to ping me!
I like this suggestion, it allows the people who like the new common to have them and those who liked the originals to revert.
I like this suggestion, it allows the people who like the new common to have them and those who liked the originals to revert.
FR+1 - I will host nests for free, just ask/PM!
Make sure to copy/paste my name to ensure I will get your ping!
Full support. Ningyo's post basically sums up my thoughts. With how variant the eyes are now, I don't see any reason that the old eyes should have been completely removed instead of being made another option. I want my dragons back.
Full support. Ningyo's post basically sums up my thoughts. With how variant the eyes are now, I don't see any reason that the old eyes should have been completely removed instead of being made another option. I want my dragons back.
BEPjgXW.png
[quote name="Cryoflyte" date="2018-06-10 13:07:40" ] (Alternate suggestion: some kind of unlimited-use toggle that works only on dragons born before the update would be even better. But I have to imagine that would also be way more difficult to implement.) [/quote] Yes, this exactly! Fair enough if they want to "standardise" the eyes, but it's just not fair to users to suddenly change dragons that have been around for years. While the change for some flights/breeds can hardly be seen, others are extremely noticeable and change the whole look/feel of the dragon. Make it impossible to get the original eyes on dragons hatched from now on, sure, but give us a 'Legacy Eyes' option for all dragons that existed before the new eyes were implemented. I'm sure some will still be unhappy with this, but I feel like it's the fairest way to remove the original eyes while not changing all existing dragons.
Cryoflyte wrote on 2018-06-10 13:07:40:
(Alternate suggestion: some kind of unlimited-use toggle that works only on dragons born before the update would be even better. But I have to imagine that would also be way more difficult to implement.)
Yes, this exactly!

Fair enough if they want to "standardise" the eyes, but it's just not fair to users to suddenly change dragons that have been around for years.

While the change for some flights/breeds can hardly be seen, others are extremely noticeable and change the whole look/feel of the dragon.

Make it impossible to get the original eyes on dragons hatched from now on, sure, but give us a 'Legacy Eyes' option for all dragons that existed before the new eyes were implemented. I'm sure some will still be unhappy with this, but I feel like it's the fairest way to remove the original eyes while not changing all existing dragons.
Support.

Like I said on the thread from before they confirmed the change was intentional, if grinding for a legacy vial is the only way to fix my dragons I'll do it. It would also be nice to have some on hand for when I inevitably hatch a project dragon that's perfect except for Russian roulette body horror - pretty sure my girlfriend's gonna quit plague thanks to this update.
Support.

Like I said on the thread from before they confirmed the change was intentional, if grinding for a legacy vial is the only way to fix my dragons I'll do it. It would also be nice to have some on hand for when I inevitably hatch a project dragon that's perfect except for Russian roulette body horror - pretty sure my girlfriend's gonna quit plague thanks to this update.
If the reason legacy eyes were removed in favor of common was for 'standardization' purposes, how then is it feasible to have giant blobby Plague primal eyes (etc etc).

Clearly they're okay with the primal eyes causing extreme differences in the lineart, so I can't fathom how allowing a Legacy type (without buggy Fae back-eyes, pupil-less female Bogsneaks, blue Ice eyes, and everything else causing so much consternation) would break the site.

No additional artwork needs to be done. No more changes need be foisted on players who do like common. Legacy would just be one more option. How are options bad?
If the reason legacy eyes were removed in favor of common was for 'standardization' purposes, how then is it feasible to have giant blobby Plague primal eyes (etc etc).

Clearly they're okay with the primal eyes causing extreme differences in the lineart, so I can't fathom how allowing a Legacy type (without buggy Fae back-eyes, pupil-less female Bogsneaks, blue Ice eyes, and everything else causing so much consternation) would break the site.

No additional artwork needs to be done. No more changes need be foisted on players who do like common. Legacy would just be one more option. How are options bad?
Y2CN2aK.png wc26tNn.png
all the support, this makes both parties happy. as it stands right now i only have one maybe two dragons that i can't stand the new eyes for. I don't mind the art update and but please my progen fae no longer matches and it makes me sad.

all the support, this makes both parties happy. as it stands right now i only have one maybe two dragons that i can't stand the new eyes for. I don't mind the art update and but please my progen fae no longer matches and it makes me sad.

Waystone2.gifeLAndXa.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 57 58