Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | No more special events like this one
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
TL:DR Can we never have 3 day events like this anniversary event ever again? Its very stressful. If we do have more events like this, can they revolve around things that aren't new core mechanics? BotE was pretty neat, Love is in air is neat, April fools event is fun. Can we have more special events like those?

Original Suggestion:

I have nothing against special events that aren't the festivals or NoftN. In fact, I usually tend to enjoy them but this Anniversary event has caused me nothing but stress and disappointment.

I use this site to de-stress from real life not to be tossed into the stress machine because oh-my-god-they-changed-my dragon's-original-eyes-and-I-only-have-3-days-to-gather-the-vials-to-fix-them or oh-my-god-primal-eyes-are-so-cool-but-I-only-have-3-days-to-quest-for-them.

Both situations actually really suck and are walking down the path of pay-to-play (buy more gems right now before they disappear to afford more scattersight vials on the AH to get better odds at the eyes you want). Its not quite pay-to-play but its taking a step in that direction.

So my suggestions is that lets not have special events like this anniversary ever again. I don't mind if they want to special events like the do with April fools or valentine's day week because those are fun but this event isn't fun. Next time a core site mechanic is introduced, can we please not have another event like this one where the item that can change this new feature on previously existing dergs retires after 3 days?
TL:DR Can we never have 3 day events like this anniversary event ever again? Its very stressful. If we do have more events like this, can they revolve around things that aren't new core mechanics? BotE was pretty neat, Love is in air is neat, April fools event is fun. Can we have more special events like those?

Original Suggestion:

I have nothing against special events that aren't the festivals or NoftN. In fact, I usually tend to enjoy them but this Anniversary event has caused me nothing but stress and disappointment.

I use this site to de-stress from real life not to be tossed into the stress machine because oh-my-god-they-changed-my dragon's-original-eyes-and-I-only-have-3-days-to-gather-the-vials-to-fix-them or oh-my-god-primal-eyes-are-so-cool-but-I-only-have-3-days-to-quest-for-them.

Both situations actually really suck and are walking down the path of pay-to-play (buy more gems right now before they disappear to afford more scattersight vials on the AH to get better odds at the eyes you want). Its not quite pay-to-play but its taking a step in that direction.

So my suggestions is that lets not have special events like this anniversary ever again. I don't mind if they want to special events like the do with April fools or valentine's day week because those are fun but this event isn't fun. Next time a core site mechanic is introduced, can we please not have another event like this one where the item that can change this new feature on previously existing dergs retires after 3 days?
XriSV9h.gif
Short version:
No three day stress fests, yes more festivals in general~!

~~~~~~

I love events but I agree with no short term events... I have a fairly busy life and I enjoy this site but if this is going to be the new norm I'll have to part ways after all these years.

I also use this site as a just sit down and chill place. I have been mashing the coli grind and brewing every 2 hours when possible for the last two days and gave up earlier today wit the eyes.. I was questing primal for just my progen.. as she gets all my spoilage...but I've settled to accept she'll have uncommon eyes at 80 something scatters later. I feel for those who did far more then that.

I'm excited for the update, the random nests and everything they have planned for the future. I just fear if they do not consider the feedback from this event there will be more to come..

Also the next time we have a core feature like this added, especially dealing with the look of the dragons (the main focus of the site..) can we not have everything be rng based please? I would have settled for getting common scatters, rare scatters and the special scatter vials or even vials for each type of eye and just trading off with others..

I'm still holding out faith in this site will take the feedback they surely gathered and settle their community down as best they can (currently it feels like there is a lot of torches and pitchforks flying around).
Short version:
No three day stress fests, yes more festivals in general~!

~~~~~~

I love events but I agree with no short term events... I have a fairly busy life and I enjoy this site but if this is going to be the new norm I'll have to part ways after all these years.

I also use this site as a just sit down and chill place. I have been mashing the coli grind and brewing every 2 hours when possible for the last two days and gave up earlier today wit the eyes.. I was questing primal for just my progen.. as she gets all my spoilage...but I've settled to accept she'll have uncommon eyes at 80 something scatters later. I feel for those who did far more then that.

I'm excited for the update, the random nests and everything they have planned for the future. I just fear if they do not consider the feedback from this event there will be more to come..

Also the next time we have a core feature like this added, especially dealing with the look of the dragons (the main focus of the site..) can we not have everything be rng based please? I would have settled for getting common scatters, rare scatters and the special scatter vials or even vials for each type of eye and just trading off with others..

I'm still holding out faith in this site will take the feedback they surely gathered and settle their community down as best they can (currently it feels like there is a lot of torches and pitchforks flying around).
What would you
attempt
if you could not
fail?
mirna_by_pupmew-dcgjmvo.png snapper_button.png
I also enjoy events! In fact, I'd like to see more of them. I'll be honest, that twitter post with the Emperor had me excited for a site wide battle in the Coli or something, but that sadly didn't come to fruition (though, man, I think I have an idea... gotta post it to suggestions like).

But, yeah. Something outta left field like this, with something so useful, consumable, and resource/time consuming coming out of it and then retiring in such a short time doesn't feel right. It needs to stick around longer, or come back somehow. I mean, I've personally never been a "retire things!" person myself, but even for those who do like retiring items, you have to admit that this is such a short time, especially for an item that is consumable.
I also enjoy events! In fact, I'd like to see more of them. I'll be honest, that twitter post with the Emperor had me excited for a site wide battle in the Coli or something, but that sadly didn't come to fruition (though, man, I think I have an idea... gotta post it to suggestions like).

But, yeah. Something outta left field like this, with something so useful, consumable, and resource/time consuming coming out of it and then retiring in such a short time doesn't feel right. It needs to stick around longer, or come back somehow. I mean, I've personally never been a "retire things!" person myself, but even for those who do like retiring items, you have to admit that this is such a short time, especially for an item that is consumable.
Yes please. I play FR as a hobby, not a job. I can't suddenly clear my calendar to coli nonstop because an item that really should become a permanent addition to the site is going to retire.
Yes please. I play FR as a hobby, not a job. I can't suddenly clear my calendar to coli nonstop because an item that really should become a permanent addition to the site is going to retire.
iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
7G6xGb.png
[quote name="Rosekitten" date="2018-06-09 22:02:32" ] I'm still holding out faith in this site will take the feedback they surely gathered and settle their community down as best they can ([u]currently it feels like there is a lot of torches and pitchforks flying around[/u]). [/quote] This is literally how some of the forums feel right now: [img]https://i.imgur.com/R5p9G94.gif[/img] Honestly? I'm still holding out faith that the admins won't let us down either. They've done so much for this userbase and site, I can't imagine they'll just ignore all this. These arguments aren't just going to go away if they do. They'll keep popping up just like the unretire retired festival threads and familiar bond all threads.
Rosekitten wrote on 2018-06-09 22:02:32:

This is literally how some of the forums feel right now:
R5p9G94.gif

Honestly? I'm still holding out faith that the admins won't let us down either. They've done so much for this userbase and site, I can't imagine they'll just ignore all this. These arguments aren't just going to go away if they do. They'll keep popping up just like the unretire retired festival threads and familiar bond all threads.
XriSV9h.gif
This thing changes the eyes of all future dragons from all future nests of current denizens but also all future nests of newbies to come from now to forever, along with the backlog of previously born dragons,
and the people active during these three days are supposed to have enough time, luck and fortitude to gather enough to fuel their own lairs, their own possible future changes, and the market for everyone else...forever.

I support this, no extremely limited control over core mechanics please. It doesn't make much sense from a business or player perspective in the long run, and definitely an unnecessarily created stressful crunch.
This thing changes the eyes of all future dragons from all future nests of current denizens but also all future nests of newbies to come from now to forever, along with the backlog of previously born dragons,
and the people active during these three days are supposed to have enough time, luck and fortitude to gather enough to fuel their own lairs, their own possible future changes, and the market for everyone else...forever.

I support this, no extremely limited control over core mechanics please. It doesn't make much sense from a business or player perspective in the long run, and definitely an unnecessarily created stressful crunch.
oie.Pgg1_l68r_QDSN.png oie_q8_X06_TYk_S4g3.png
Support, this is beyond stress inducing. I spent HOURS in the coli for these stupid vials. The majority of my day has been farming for these dumb things. After farming for almost an entire day I got four vials. I only had the materials to make one more so I've gotten five vials during this event and am not going to be able to farm much if at all tomorrow for the darn things.

I would love more smallish festivals though but not like this, no more like this PLEASE!
Support, this is beyond stress inducing. I spent HOURS in the coli for these stupid vials. The majority of my day has been farming for these dumb things. After farming for almost an entire day I got four vials. I only had the materials to make one more so I've gotten five vials during this event and am not going to be able to farm much if at all tomorrow for the darn things.

I would love more smallish festivals though but not like this, no more like this PLEASE!
knhLXgs.png
Strong support. This holiday only lasting the duration for a weekend for such a site-altering event, and this is going to suck for anybody who had to work during the weekend or had other commitments and missed out. Every other major site change had given users appropriate amounts of time (minimum 1 week) to get into festivities, so this being locked down to barely three days feels really limited.
Strong support. This holiday only lasting the duration for a weekend for such a site-altering event, and this is going to suck for anybody who had to work during the weekend or had other commitments and missed out. Every other major site change had given users appropriate amounts of time (minimum 1 week) to get into festivities, so this being locked down to barely three days feels really limited.

“Denizens of the Volt-Lands”
She/They/He | FR Time +0
Totally agree!! I am literally extremely ****** by this event!!!
I've got exams next week, and my weekend is fully planned. Now I have to spend every single seconds that are free from my plan in the coli, or multi tasks while studying for exams. But even I have spent as much time as possible for me, the chance of dropping a scatter in the coli is unreasonably low for a 3-days-only event. (yesterday I spent 1 and half hour in the coli and only got 1 scatter). To maximize scatters I can own, I brew every 2 hours, even when it's bed time (I woke up every 2 hour-ish just to brew a scatter, how crazy I know)

And the chance of getting a faceted, multi gaze or primal eye type is ridiculously low (like lower than 1% for primal eye type that kind of low). All the scatters I can possibly get is not even going to be enough for one dragon. And guess what? I have at least 3 pages of dragon waiting to get pretty eyes.

Another stupid thing is that you can get the same eye type after one scatter. One of my friends spent 11 scatters and they were all Uncommon (so basically her 11 scatters means nothing)

Worst thing for me is that I don't live in US, and the third day of the event is Monday for me, which I have to work the whole day and the event finishes before my finishing time. So that's like a 2-days event for me, how great :)

Totally agree!! I am literally extremely ****** by this event!!!
I've got exams next week, and my weekend is fully planned. Now I have to spend every single seconds that are free from my plan in the coli, or multi tasks while studying for exams. But even I have spent as much time as possible for me, the chance of dropping a scatter in the coli is unreasonably low for a 3-days-only event. (yesterday I spent 1 and half hour in the coli and only got 1 scatter). To maximize scatters I can own, I brew every 2 hours, even when it's bed time (I woke up every 2 hour-ish just to brew a scatter, how crazy I know)

And the chance of getting a faceted, multi gaze or primal eye type is ridiculously low (like lower than 1% for primal eye type that kind of low). All the scatters I can possibly get is not even going to be enough for one dragon. And guess what? I have at least 3 pages of dragon waiting to get pretty eyes.

Another stupid thing is that you can get the same eye type after one scatter. One of my friends spent 11 scatters and they were all Uncommon (so basically her 11 scatters means nothing)

Worst thing for me is that I don't live in US, and the third day of the event is Monday for me, which I have to work the whole day and the event finishes before my finishing time. So that's like a 2-days event for me, how great :)

tumblr_p17b0efkpB1tto8d0o1_400.png
So much support for this. I agree with what a lot of other people have said - small festivals/events are great but they can't be so integrated to a core site mechanic and being permanently retired like this one.

I use this site to de-stress and am genuinely irked by the time limits on the vials, I'll accept it this once, but if this were to become a reoccurring thing I'll find something else to de-stress with.
So much support for this. I agree with what a lot of other people have said - small festivals/events are great but they can't be so integrated to a core site mechanic and being permanently retired like this one.

I use this site to de-stress and am genuinely irked by the time limits on the vials, I'll accept it this once, but if this were to become a reoccurring thing I'll find something else to de-stress with.
kbqBOtG.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10