Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Change Rare Light Eyes to be more Light
1 2 3
This feels like a long shot, but I need to get this off my chest. I overall like the new eye variations, but the rare variation for Light eyes have a huge problem in that they don't actually look like Light eyes. They're almost indistinguishable from Earth eyes, especially the Uncommon variant. Here they are on a baby Skydancer: [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=97&bodygene=0&breed=13&element=8&eyetype=3&gender=0&tert=176&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=97&auth=5fb978eec6dccabfd293892d5727478670bca4b2&dummyext=prev.png[/img] And the same Skydancer, but with Uncommon Earth eyes: [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=97&bodygene=0&breed=13&element=1&eyetype=1&gender=0&tert=176&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=97&auth=07985e0be1ab5ae3384a8787198c89e9be425ee3&dummyext=prev.png[/img] The effect is even more pronounced on adult dragons with smaller eyes: [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=97&bodygene=0&breed=8&element=8&eyetype=3&gender=0&tert=176&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=97&auth=4c053b06228a64a1562ef3d0f6cb17cdf15ef65e&dummyext=prev.png[/img] This dragon is a Light dragon, but at first glance, and especially on screens that may not have great color definition, it is absolutely not recognizable as one. [b]The major purpose of eye color is to serve as an identifying feature for the dragon's element.[/b] This feels like a big oversight, and as a Light flight member it's personally frustrating to have what essentially looks like an Earth dragon pop up in my nests. None of the other new eye colors have this same issue, at least not to this extent. I also have a suggestion for what it could be changed to. Other Rare eye variants, such as the Lightning eyes with the copper color and the Plague eyes with the green color, pull color combos common in apparel and familiars associated with the flight. I'd like to see the black/yellow color contrast from apparel like the Hewn Philosopher's Veil and the Sparkle Nymph and Sunbeam Ursa familiars included as the rare eye color instead. I made a couple quick mockups to show what I mean: [img]https://78.media.tumblr.com/49e5e7302986da42cc9acb54066dd931/tumblr_pa1lgmpMHm1xwqgfqo1_400.png[/img] Similar to the Rare Ice eyes [img]https://78.media.tumblr.com/70ce9fe6c23e871e306b66297e93cefe/tumblr_pa1lgmpMHm1xwqgfqo2_400.png[/img] Similar to the Rare Lightning eyes Is it just me? I'd like to know what people think. If nothing else, if there's an admin reading, I'd like to know what was the reason for making the Rare Light variation an earthy brown color, instead of something more commonly seen in typical Light color schemes.
This feels like a long shot, but I need to get this off my chest.

I overall like the new eye variations, but the rare variation for Light eyes have a huge problem in that they don't actually look like Light eyes. They're almost indistinguishable from Earth eyes, especially the Uncommon variant.

Here they are on a baby Skydancer:

dragon?age=0&body=97&bodygene=0&breed=13&element=8&eyetype=3&gender=0&tert=176&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=97&auth=5fb978eec6dccabfd293892d5727478670bca4b2&dummyext=prev.png

And the same Skydancer, but with Uncommon Earth eyes:
dragon?age=0&body=97&bodygene=0&breed=13&element=1&eyetype=1&gender=0&tert=176&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=97&auth=07985e0be1ab5ae3384a8787198c89e9be425ee3&dummyext=prev.png

The effect is even more pronounced on adult dragons with smaller eyes:
dragon?age=1&body=97&bodygene=0&breed=8&element=8&eyetype=3&gender=0&tert=176&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=97&auth=4c053b06228a64a1562ef3d0f6cb17cdf15ef65e&dummyext=prev.png

This dragon is a Light dragon, but at first glance, and especially on screens that may not have great color definition, it is absolutely not recognizable as one.

The major purpose of eye color is to serve as an identifying feature for the dragon's element. This feels like a big oversight, and as a Light flight member it's personally frustrating to have what essentially looks like an Earth dragon pop up in my nests. None of the other new eye colors have this same issue, at least not to this extent.

I also have a suggestion for what it could be changed to. Other Rare eye variants, such as the Lightning eyes with the copper color and the Plague eyes with the green color, pull color combos common in apparel and familiars associated with the flight.

I'd like to see the black/yellow color contrast from apparel like the Hewn Philosopher's Veil and the Sparkle Nymph and Sunbeam Ursa familiars included as the rare eye color instead. I made a couple quick mockups to show what I mean:
tumblr_pa1lgmpMHm1xwqgfqo1_400.png
Similar to the Rare Ice eyes

tumblr_pa1lgmpMHm1xwqgfqo2_400.png
Similar to the Rare Lightning eyes

Is it just me? I'd like to know what people think. If nothing else, if there's an admin reading, I'd like to know what was the reason for making the Rare Light variation an earthy brown color, instead of something more commonly seen in typical Light color schemes.
23815.png
I was mildly disappointed that the rare light eyes didn't get a two-tone effect like lightning.
I was mildly disappointed that the rare light eyes didn't get a two-tone effect like lightning.
177499lightofknowledge2.png
Yes please. I strongly prefer both your examples to the yellow-brown eye.

In large part because the current rare eye just doesn't look rare. A lot of the rare eyes have a neat effect but Light's rare eye is just a shade darker than our uncommon eye with nothing special about it at all. Pretty disappointing and if the point of having the eyes be random with a rarity factor was to create excitement when hatching a nest, getting those burnt mustard eyes just just doesn't live up to it's rarity.
Yes please. I strongly prefer both your examples to the yellow-brown eye.

In large part because the current rare eye just doesn't look rare. A lot of the rare eyes have a neat effect but Light's rare eye is just a shade darker than our uncommon eye with nothing special about it at all. Pretty disappointing and if the point of having the eyes be random with a rarity factor was to create excitement when hatching a nest, getting those burnt mustard eyes just just doesn't live up to it's rarity.
@Ankokou Yeah, I agree. I like the actual color well enough, there's a time and place for brown eyes, but for something called "rare Light eyes" it's neither very rare nor very Light. I want my rare hatchlings to actually be something special and not fake Earth dragons.
@Ankokou Yeah, I agree. I like the actual color well enough, there's a time and place for brown eyes, but for something called "rare Light eyes" it's neither very rare nor very Light. I want my rare hatchlings to actually be something special and not fake Earth dragons.
23815.png
Also yes please. Light seems to have gotten the short end of the stick in this update. Both your mockups seem to fit the idea of a rare light variant much better than a light dragon masquerading as earth.

I also agree that just having a reason would be nice, if changing is out of the question.
Also yes please. Light seems to have gotten the short end of the stick in this update. Both your mockups seem to fit the idea of a rare light variant much better than a light dragon masquerading as earth.

I also agree that just having a reason would be nice, if changing is out of the question.
lmBVOQT.gif
We know who you are, we know everything about you
And we know where you live, oh, we know where you live...

Art Store
SNH9aOp.gif
Oh gosh yes please support, the current ones just look like earth eyes. :c
Oh gosh yes please support, the current ones just look like earth eyes. :c
2nld4k6.jpg
please ping me to get my attention!
Rare light eyes are my new favorite eyes
Rare light eyes are my new favorite eyes
Support. Rare Light Eyes don't look yellow at all, which is very disappointing.
Support. Rare Light Eyes don't look yellow at all, which is very disappointing.
1ezfoMg.png Fxte6bi.jpg 59TgHaL.png
god both of your examples are beautiful and really match the rest of the rare eye colours ;__; big support
even if they dont change the rare eyes itd be nice to have these in a future update or something
god both of your examples are beautiful and really match the rest of the rare eye colours ;__; big support
even if they dont change the rare eyes itd be nice to have these in a future update or something
unknown.png
Support to changing the Rare Light eyes to something that's actually Light-like.
I'd just prefer a light yellow that is actually discernible as yellow at a glance, unlike the Unusual Light eyes, kind of like the old default Light eyes looked, over the mockup examples shown in the first post.
Support to changing the Rare Light eyes to something that's actually Light-like.
I'd just prefer a light yellow that is actually discernible as yellow at a glance, unlike the Unusual Light eyes, kind of like the old default Light eyes looked, over the mockup examples shown in the first post.
5LqH0sj.png
1 2 3