Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Eye Changes and Suggestions Thread
1 2 3 4 5
UPDATE

Aequorin has done it once again!

Aequorin has spoken up about the staff's ideas behind the eye update, and has commented on solutions which are currently being considered. I am overjoyed to see this, and hope you'll take a moment to quickly read what they had to say.

A general gist (or at least my interpretation):
-The eyes were planned from the beginning, and BotE allowed them to implement this into the Flight Rising Lore

-The eyes were planned to breathe fresh life into the breeding system, and add a little extra magic into the game while giving all players an opportunity to have something valuable

-The Vial of Scattersight was originally not planned, but was added to give users an opportunity to 'roll the dice on existing dragons as if they had just hatched'

-> Common eyes were not included because all existing dragons already had them

-> This turned into a frustration, and we (the team) now realize and apologize for what was designed as a gift turning into something frustrating.

-The Vial of Scattersight will not be returning

-There are future eye types planned which will be added to the Marketplace and more

-They agree that a revert to common item is a good idea, and plan to implement one in a future update

-We (the team) straight up forgot to mention the original eyes being replaced

-> FR tends to announce art updates in the announcements

-> We (the team) apologize for this

-The thread is being left open for comments and questions.

----

I hope this makes everyone as relieved as I am. Moving forward, I'll be removing the suggestions that the staff have taken into account, but leaving the rset for posterity and future discussion.

I will be adding the link to this in among the links in the second (?) post down on this thread.

Thank you all so much for your support!

@NoctisNix @Silver202 @GalopaWXY @Tynnk @Olkai @commoncomitatus @slp0001 @Celes @snappdragon @Frandoll @SunstonePhoenix @Foxofwonders @menghuancat @Scryzze @ReCremisi @Layenne90 @Rainhead @PixelSpiral @Nigiri @Grunty @Disillusionist @MollyMerula @Luca20 @Churrell @HersheyNation
UPDATE

Aequorin has done it once again!

Aequorin has spoken up about the staff's ideas behind the eye update, and has commented on solutions which are currently being considered. I am overjoyed to see this, and hope you'll take a moment to quickly read what they had to say.

A general gist (or at least my interpretation):
-The eyes were planned from the beginning, and BotE allowed them to implement this into the Flight Rising Lore

-The eyes were planned to breathe fresh life into the breeding system, and add a little extra magic into the game while giving all players an opportunity to have something valuable

-The Vial of Scattersight was originally not planned, but was added to give users an opportunity to 'roll the dice on existing dragons as if they had just hatched'

-> Common eyes were not included because all existing dragons already had them

-> This turned into a frustration, and we (the team) now realize and apologize for what was designed as a gift turning into something frustrating.

-The Vial of Scattersight will not be returning

-There are future eye types planned which will be added to the Marketplace and more

-They agree that a revert to common item is a good idea, and plan to implement one in a future update

-We (the team) straight up forgot to mention the original eyes being replaced

-> FR tends to announce art updates in the announcements

-> We (the team) apologize for this

-The thread is being left open for comments and questions.

----

I hope this makes everyone as relieved as I am. Moving forward, I'll be removing the suggestions that the staff have taken into account, but leaving the rset for posterity and future discussion.

I will be adding the link to this in among the links in the second (?) post down on this thread.

Thank you all so much for your support!

@NoctisNix @Silver202 @GalopaWXY @Tynnk @Olkai @commoncomitatus @slp0001 @Celes @snappdragon @Frandoll @SunstonePhoenix @Foxofwonders @menghuancat @Scryzze @ReCremisi @Layenne90 @Rainhead @PixelSpiral @Nigiri @Grunty @Disillusionist @MollyMerula @Luca20 @Churrell @HersheyNation
necbzO5.pngMpoIPJl.pngIV3xLn6.png9oWXBNn.pngHxJ7se6.pngXRLXA9U.pngJ3m9KOk.gif
DHc3orZ.png
Glimmer & Gloom Guides
Hard:
V Hard:

e1P0V4T.png
10p7wif.gif
lair completion quest
Dragon sales/giveaways
Dragon Dresser shop!
While it's good to finally see a response from them with some good news, I don't know how much of a band-aid this is. While the revert item will help in the future, it still doesn't allow older players to acquire this first batch of eye-types. People with lots of permas are still effectively barred from this and that's very disappointing and, imo, player hostile.

Let's hope the second batch of eye-types in the future are better than this first batch to make up for this mess. I'm not sure if I'll be around to see it, but here's to hoping anyway.
While it's good to finally see a response from them with some good news, I don't know how much of a band-aid this is. While the revert item will help in the future, it still doesn't allow older players to acquire this first batch of eye-types. People with lots of permas are still effectively barred from this and that's very disappointing and, imo, player hostile.

Let's hope the second batch of eye-types in the future are better than this first batch to make up for this mess. I'm not sure if I'll be around to see it, but here's to hoping anyway.
Need a Dragon Bio? Check out my Lore Shop!
tumblr_inline_naz0azrMBD1qg78ij.png
As someone who was originally in the "I like this this idea, and would love it with a few minor changes" camp, I'm honestly satisfied by this explanation. The odds and the duration make a lot more sense if you think of it as giving your existing dragons the same chance at a different eye type as they'd have if they hatched after the event. While limiting the ability to change the eye types after a dragons' birth is unfortunate for people that really want a certain eye type, it looks like the ability to guarantee a certain eye type was never the plan. I'm not trying to blame the players, but this seems more like a case of the mods poorly communicating their intent (which, given the recent update, they seem to recognize) than actual poor execution.

I expect that the new types released in the future will be more able to compete with primal, making it less about getting the one "good" eye type and more about having a number of good options to pick from. And the planned revert to common item will help people get rid of eye types they hate in their dragons. Going forward, our dragons will have a decent chance at a slight eye color variation, and a tiny chance of something really special, while we'll have a lot more opportunity for customization if we don't like what the rng gives us. Personally, I'm excited to see what baldwin eye types, or even festival eye types look like, and optimistic for the future of eye types in general.
As someone who was originally in the "I like this this idea, and would love it with a few minor changes" camp, I'm honestly satisfied by this explanation. The odds and the duration make a lot more sense if you think of it as giving your existing dragons the same chance at a different eye type as they'd have if they hatched after the event. While limiting the ability to change the eye types after a dragons' birth is unfortunate for people that really want a certain eye type, it looks like the ability to guarantee a certain eye type was never the plan. I'm not trying to blame the players, but this seems more like a case of the mods poorly communicating their intent (which, given the recent update, they seem to recognize) than actual poor execution.

I expect that the new types released in the future will be more able to compete with primal, making it less about getting the one "good" eye type and more about having a number of good options to pick from. And the planned revert to common item will help people get rid of eye types they hate in their dragons. Going forward, our dragons will have a decent chance at a slight eye color variation, and a tiny chance of something really special, while we'll have a lot more opportunity for customization if we don't like what the rng gives us. Personally, I'm excited to see what baldwin eye types, or even festival eye types look like, and optimistic for the future of eye types in general.
Lore Hatchery

Clan Lore
8qVENyl.png
Eh. I still love the idea of eyes and I really appreciate staff taking the time to respond to us... But I still feel burned by this. I want to be excited for the future eyes, but there's only so much the staff can do with them and they already locked away the two I would've been most interested in using (primal and multigaze). Maybe staff will introduce us something similar to them through Baldwin or festivals or something, but I doubt it. It wouldn't be fair to those who got lucky and got them. But elemental themed eyes and multiple eyes were definitely something I would've loved to see more of.
Eh. I still love the idea of eyes and I really appreciate staff taking the time to respond to us... But I still feel burned by this. I want to be excited for the future eyes, but there's only so much the staff can do with them and they already locked away the two I would've been most interested in using (primal and multigaze). Maybe staff will introduce us something similar to them through Baldwin or festivals or something, but I doubt it. It wouldn't be fair to those who got lucky and got them. But elemental themed eyes and multiple eyes were definitely something I would've loved to see more of.
iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
7G6xGb.png
1 2 3 4 5