Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Eye Changes and Suggestions Thread
1 2 3 4 5
@Siakb Thank you for showing me this comment! I agree with it, the obtaining method is... curious, to say the least, and could have definitely been executed better. I don't know if it's a good idea to change it now that it's 'said and done', what with the permanent retirement and such forth, but it's definitely what I would have liked to see were we to have the choice back when this started.
@Siakb Thank you for showing me this comment! I agree with it, the obtaining method is... curious, to say the least, and could have definitely been executed better. I don't know if it's a good idea to change it now that it's 'said and done', what with the permanent retirement and such forth, but it's definitely what I would have liked to see were we to have the choice back when this started.
necbzO5.pngMpoIPJl.pngIV3xLn6.png9oWXBNn.pngHxJ7se6.pngXRLXA9U.pngJ3m9KOk.gif
DHc3orZ.png
Glimmer & Gloom Guides
Hard:
V Hard:

e1P0V4T.png
10p7wif.gif
lair completion quest
Dragon sales/giveaways
Dragon Dresser shop!
I actually really like the idea of retiring the vials, but making the odds even for all types of eyes while introducing another item that only gives the tints instead of the really special eyes. I think thats actually really fair, as both a merchant and someone who wants to customize dragons.
I actually really like the idea of retiring the vials, but making the odds even for all types of eyes while introducing another item that only gives the tints instead of the really special eyes. I think thats actually really fair, as both a merchant and someone who wants to customize dragons.
#UnnamedIsValid
Unnamed dragons need love too! There is no shame in having unnamed permas, having dragons with unnamed parents and/or offspring, or exalting unnamed dragons! Leaving dragons unnamed is a perfectly valid playstyle!

she/her or they/them
@Catradora Newest poll completed! If there's a new pinglist for that could I go on it please?

You asked about solutions to the retiring-the-scrolls dilemma a couple of pages back and these are my two cents (possibly slightly rambley due to bedtime):

I think your suggestion is viableish but still suffers from the same problem as we already anticipate, though later in the game's lifetime. The problem I see is retiring an item that is used up when it is the only way to get something.

I don't think staff should unretire anything. That would cause them trouble in the future if folks can't take them at their word. But there's loads of ways to give us control without the exact vials of scattersight.

In my view it is very, very important that controlled access to all eye types is not retired. Genes are not retired. Scatterscrolls are not retired. With the sole exception of Imps, which everyone always knew what they were in for with, Breeds are not retired. All three of these can also be controlled by careful parent selection. Eyes should not be different; by removing our control over eyes in both these standard ways, five years of reassurances about the basic standards of the site's mechanics are thrown down the toilet.

As a vial hoarder I'm not worried about their value going down so long as they're retired. Folks love random, folks love old, folks love retired. So long as access the high-tier eye types is sufficiently expensive, time and currency spent on the vials will pay off. I am concerned about those who used hundreds of vials and my best idea there is literally refunding vials used, assuming records are kept.

I doubt there's a perfect solution but these are my suggestions. I could actually live with the mechanics of this update as-is, and I love everything else about it, but boy can I see there's going to be problems for a huge chunk of the playerbase.
@Catradora Newest poll completed! If there's a new pinglist for that could I go on it please?

You asked about solutions to the retiring-the-scrolls dilemma a couple of pages back and these are my two cents (possibly slightly rambley due to bedtime):

I think your suggestion is viableish but still suffers from the same problem as we already anticipate, though later in the game's lifetime. The problem I see is retiring an item that is used up when it is the only way to get something.

I don't think staff should unretire anything. That would cause them trouble in the future if folks can't take them at their word. But there's loads of ways to give us control without the exact vials of scattersight.

In my view it is very, very important that controlled access to all eye types is not retired. Genes are not retired. Scatterscrolls are not retired. With the sole exception of Imps, which everyone always knew what they were in for with, Breeds are not retired. All three of these can also be controlled by careful parent selection. Eyes should not be different; by removing our control over eyes in both these standard ways, five years of reassurances about the basic standards of the site's mechanics are thrown down the toilet.

As a vial hoarder I'm not worried about their value going down so long as they're retired. Folks love random, folks love old, folks love retired. So long as access the high-tier eye types is sufficiently expensive, time and currency spent on the vials will pay off. I am concerned about those who used hundreds of vials and my best idea there is literally refunding vials used, assuming records are kept.

I doubt there's a perfect solution but these are my suggestions. I could actually live with the mechanics of this update as-is, and I love everything else about it, but boy can I see there's going to be problems for a huge chunk of the playerbase.
5917.pngtumblr_opq1fv62h41u3wsjco7_100.pngtumblr_inline_nsthp2ksAe1s23g03_540.pngVkRusUJ.png8095.png
@Sciencing I've noted you down, you'll be added to the pinglist shortly. ^^ Thank you for replying to the suggestions thread!

I feel that a lot of why eye types like multigaze, primal, and faceted are so rare is that they're designed to inject a new random variable for players, both to get excited over, and to give them something valuable dragon-wise (as dragon prices have frankly plummeted unless they are old, trained, or G1). Like gender and to a certain extent colour, the dragons with new eye types will be more valuable than others, which is a decent choice to make to a breeding system which has been, for the most part, conquered.

I feel it was a poor choice since customization is a core piece of gameplay, and agree with you readily that we should have an achievable - not exactly easier, but viable - way to get these new eyes.

I'm also worried about the 'hundreds of vials' thing. The odds definitely need some reviewing, and getting the same thing twice in a row is simply cruel. With colours, that's nigh-impossible. With eyes, it's a different story, and I feel like they didn't anticipate that.
@Sciencing I've noted you down, you'll be added to the pinglist shortly. ^^ Thank you for replying to the suggestions thread!

I feel that a lot of why eye types like multigaze, primal, and faceted are so rare is that they're designed to inject a new random variable for players, both to get excited over, and to give them something valuable dragon-wise (as dragon prices have frankly plummeted unless they are old, trained, or G1). Like gender and to a certain extent colour, the dragons with new eye types will be more valuable than others, which is a decent choice to make to a breeding system which has been, for the most part, conquered.

I feel it was a poor choice since customization is a core piece of gameplay, and agree with you readily that we should have an achievable - not exactly easier, but viable - way to get these new eyes.

I'm also worried about the 'hundreds of vials' thing. The odds definitely need some reviewing, and getting the same thing twice in a row is simply cruel. With colours, that's nigh-impossible. With eyes, it's a different story, and I feel like they didn't anticipate that.
DHc3orZ.png
Glimmer & Gloom Guides
Hard:
V Hard:

e1P0V4T.png
10p7wif.gif
lair completion quest
Dragon sales/giveaways
Dragon Dresser shop!
@NoctisNix @Silver202 @GalopaWXY @Tynnk @Olkai @commoncomitatus @slp0001 @Celes @snappdragon @Frandoll @SunstonePhoenix @Foxofwonders @menghuancat @Scryzze @ReCremisi @Layenne90 @Rainhead @PixelSpiral @Nigiri @Grunty @Disillusionist @MollyMerula @Luca20 @Seadramon

Hello, everyone! I've updated the suggestions thread with some new facts and features, listed below.

-added links to scries which hylight major art issues (white outline on multigaze, light primal vs glowing, etc)
-added a few paragraphs on different views I've discovered since the original incarnation of the post

I'm looking into a graphical glitch which I'm having trouble finding, which makes the group of text after 'popular user suggested solutions' to show up smaller than that before it. I hope to fix it tomorrow, or sometime in the next week.

Thank you! ^^
@NoctisNix @Silver202 @GalopaWXY @Tynnk @Olkai @commoncomitatus @slp0001 @Celes @snappdragon @Frandoll @SunstonePhoenix @Foxofwonders @menghuancat @Scryzze @ReCremisi @Layenne90 @Rainhead @PixelSpiral @Nigiri @Grunty @Disillusionist @MollyMerula @Luca20 @Seadramon

Hello, everyone! I've updated the suggestions thread with some new facts and features, listed below.

-added links to scries which hylight major art issues (white outline on multigaze, light primal vs glowing, etc)
-added a few paragraphs on different views I've discovered since the original incarnation of the post

I'm looking into a graphical glitch which I'm having trouble finding, which makes the group of text after 'popular user suggested solutions' to show up smaller than that before it. I hope to fix it tomorrow, or sometime in the next week.

Thank you! ^^
DHc3orZ.png
Glimmer & Gloom Guides
Hard:
V Hard:

e1P0V4T.png
10p7wif.gif
lair completion quest
Dragon sales/giveaways
Dragon Dresser shop!
My own 2p:

• I like the new eyes; they're generally aesthetically pleasing and they've rekindled my interest in the game, to the point I'm more inclined to breed dragons than I was prior to the update.
  • The rarity of Primal/Multi-Gaze/Faceted for hatched eggs/nests is fine; it makes sense for these to be rare from a lore and gameplay POV, so I don't think this needs changing.
  • However, the rarity of the above when it comes to the scattersight vials is not, considering they're a permanently retiring item; the chances should have been roughly even so users would have a fair chance of getting the desired eyes on their old dragons, which they may have been unwilling or unable to replace for various reasons.
  • Since changing the values on scattersights now would be unfeasible, I'd like to suggest adding Vials of ____sight & making them obtainable via non-premium means.
  • As an addition to the above, making Vials of Commonsight available in the Treasure MP would provide a good option for those who wish to revert to default eyes.
  • Communication from the staff was poor and somewhat unclear; I would have liked it if certain things (such as the changes to Common eye hues) were mentioned in the original post, and concerns over the scattersight itself were addressed sooner rather than later.
My own 2p:

• I like the new eyes; they're generally aesthetically pleasing and they've rekindled my interest in the game, to the point I'm more inclined to breed dragons than I was prior to the update.
  • The rarity of Primal/Multi-Gaze/Faceted for hatched eggs/nests is fine; it makes sense for these to be rare from a lore and gameplay POV, so I don't think this needs changing.
  • However, the rarity of the above when it comes to the scattersight vials is not, considering they're a permanently retiring item; the chances should have been roughly even so users would have a fair chance of getting the desired eyes on their old dragons, which they may have been unwilling or unable to replace for various reasons.
  • Since changing the values on scattersights now would be unfeasible, I'd like to suggest adding Vials of ____sight & making them obtainable via non-premium means.
  • As an addition to the above, making Vials of Commonsight available in the Treasure MP would provide a good option for those who wish to revert to default eyes.
  • Communication from the staff was poor and somewhat unclear; I would have liked it if certain things (such as the changes to Common eye hues) were mentioned in the original post, and concerns over the scattersight itself were addressed sooner rather than later.
Please add me to the ping list!
Please add me to the ping list!
^ Yes also add me to the pinglist :)
^ Yes also add me to the pinglist :)
@NoctisNix @Silver202 @GalopaWXY @Tynnk @Olkai @commoncomitatus @slp0001 @Celes @snappdragon @Frandoll @SunstonePhoenix @Foxofwonders @menghuancat @Scryzze @ReCremisi @Layenne90 @Rainhead @PixelSpiral @Nigiri @Grunty @Disillusionist @MollyMerula @Luca20 @Churrell @HersheyNation

Hello again! I've updated the suggestions thread with some new features, which are listed below.

-Aequorin the hero of the people has spoken again, and I've added her words to the third post down!
-I've added some common reasons for why threads are deleted on the site, in the hopes it will mitigate and explain some of the threads taken down seemingly without reason/unfairly. As a personal aside, if you plan on discussing moderation, or wish to swear, etc etc, I advise you to take your discussion off-site due to these rules. I am fully aware this can be a frustrating thing to do, but at the moment, it's the happiest medium we've got.
-I've added the results from all five polls to the second post down!
-Some refinement has been done to the suggestions themselves, and they continue to be reviewed. (Please don't hesitate to talk to me about ideas you don't see here, or even ones you do!)

Finally, in the future, I plan on adding comments from my earlier polls (namely, my biased poll, second poll, and first poll) tomorrow afternoon, time permitting.

Thanks once again for all the support, and I hope to hear from you!
@NoctisNix @Silver202 @GalopaWXY @Tynnk @Olkai @commoncomitatus @slp0001 @Celes @snappdragon @Frandoll @SunstonePhoenix @Foxofwonders @menghuancat @Scryzze @ReCremisi @Layenne90 @Rainhead @PixelSpiral @Nigiri @Grunty @Disillusionist @MollyMerula @Luca20 @Churrell @HersheyNation

Hello again! I've updated the suggestions thread with some new features, which are listed below.

-Aequorin the hero of the people has spoken again, and I've added her words to the third post down!
-I've added some common reasons for why threads are deleted on the site, in the hopes it will mitigate and explain some of the threads taken down seemingly without reason/unfairly. As a personal aside, if you plan on discussing moderation, or wish to swear, etc etc, I advise you to take your discussion off-site due to these rules. I am fully aware this can be a frustrating thing to do, but at the moment, it's the happiest medium we've got.
-I've added the results from all five polls to the second post down!
-Some refinement has been done to the suggestions themselves, and they continue to be reviewed. (Please don't hesitate to talk to me about ideas you don't see here, or even ones you do!)

Finally, in the future, I plan on adding comments from my earlier polls (namely, my biased poll, second poll, and first poll) tomorrow afternoon, time permitting.

Thanks once again for all the support, and I hope to hear from you!
DHc3orZ.png
Glimmer & Gloom Guides
Hard:
V Hard:

e1P0V4T.png
10p7wif.gif
lair completion quest
Dragon sales/giveaways
Dragon Dresser shop!
yesss!!! i was so happy when aequorin responded to my thread
yesss!!! i was so happy when aequorin responded to my thread