Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Eye Changes and Suggestions Thread
1 2 3 4 5
Mannn I think primal shadow looks so cool, but I agree primal plague looks gross... I want them to add a new option to disable these when breeding.
Mannn I think primal shadow looks so cool, but I agree primal plague looks gross... I want them to add a new option to disable these when breeding.
thank you for making this very important thread! i was so excited when i saw these and was freaking out, but very quickly got less excited when i saw how they were being implemented. :/
thank you for making this very important thread! i was so excited when i saw these and was freaking out, but very quickly got less excited when i saw how they were being implemented. :/

+

+

+

tumblr_nw2q3yQk5y1tljgrko3_r1_75sq.png
tumblr_nv6q9is25f1tl9v2lo3_r1_75sq.png

art twitter

accents

adopts

+

+

+

100%. 100% approval.
Personally, I guess I’m ok with the plague primal eyes and the multi gaze, although I dislike them. But I can view them. But... I totally agree, that could be viewed as body horror and I feel terrible for anyone who has an aversion to it and has to view these eyes.
100%. 100% approval.
Personally, I guess I’m ok with the plague primal eyes and the multi gaze, although I dislike them. But I can view them. But... I totally agree, that could be viewed as body horror and I feel terrible for anyone who has an aversion to it and has to view these eyes.
TdnNRLI.png o6Tbf9W.png
WavAI.gif
U4KQjwE.gife.png
They/Them

Wishlist

7YNarK2.gif
scribblesisonlydoodling.gif
I wanted to quickly add something here which I didn't feel fit in with the rest of my suggestions post, but may change it in the near future.

As an item, the vial of scattersight has the following main mechanics.
-It will randomize your dragon's eye type on a biased scale (Uncommon shows up a lot more than Multigaze, Primal, and Faceted).
-You will not get a Common eye, and cannot get a Common eye after using scattersight on your dragon.
-There is no guarantee that your dragon's eye will change.

These features make the vial both an essential item for users wishing to scatter for the perfect eye type, and a significant frustration for the community as a whole. As customization is a sticking point for many users, the vial is both their only option, and a poor one - an option which will retire in a few days, skyrocketing it's price.

And here we come to the issue.

While writing my polls, I did not consider the possibility of how people will feel if the vials are reintroduced. Once the concept was brought to my attention through one of my polls, I realized that, were this to end and the scattersights to be returned to us, a lot of people currently silent - perhaps in the coliseum, getting as many scattersights as they can before they retire - will feel slighted by such a choice.

They may have cancelled plans to get more scattersights, devoted entire weekends to getting them in the hopes that this will make profit for them, allowing them to complete dragons of their own. Were the scattersights returned, this would cause uproar among this faction, as their efforts become 'wasted' and the items they worked furiously to get returning to a low, standardized, marketplace price.

Thus, today, I want to ask all of you - especially those of you who agree with the described idea, who feel that your work will be wasted if these items return - if the below proposal is acceptable to you. I've attempted to design it to conserve your efforts while offering users more control over the eyes, and also preserving the rarity of primal, multigaze, and faceted eye types.

My proposal is as follows:

-The Scattersight is retired, and has it's RNG tables altered to make all outcomes equal. (eg. You are just as likely to get primal as you are to get common.)
-An item similar to the scattersight is introduced, with the following mechanics:
-> When used, you have an equal chance of getting Common, Uncommon, Unusual, or Rare eyes.
->You have no chance of getting Multigaze, Primal, or Faceted eyes.
->When used, you cannot get the same eye twice.*

*note: this mechanic is not one currently in the game, and I expect it may take significant effort. The main issue with repeated eye types is a mix of the item being expensive along with the problem of using the item to get something different. If there is another way to resolve these issues without high demands on the FR Team, I would prefer to state that, as it makes it easier for proposals to be accepted.

Thus, the scattersight becomes the only way to get extremely rare eyes on a dragon without them, and gives a genuine, viable chance of getting them, while the new item bears the drawbacks on price and availability, allowing regular users to alter their dragons' eyes within the range provided. This should preserve the high price while making the purchase worth the cost for other users. It should also solve the issues with the common eyes, as people can then scatter back to the common eyes using the new item.

I would love to hear your thoughts on this proposal, and hope to be able to discuss it with you.
I wanted to quickly add something here which I didn't feel fit in with the rest of my suggestions post, but may change it in the near future.

As an item, the vial of scattersight has the following main mechanics.
-It will randomize your dragon's eye type on a biased scale (Uncommon shows up a lot more than Multigaze, Primal, and Faceted).
-You will not get a Common eye, and cannot get a Common eye after using scattersight on your dragon.
-There is no guarantee that your dragon's eye will change.

These features make the vial both an essential item for users wishing to scatter for the perfect eye type, and a significant frustration for the community as a whole. As customization is a sticking point for many users, the vial is both their only option, and a poor one - an option which will retire in a few days, skyrocketing it's price.

And here we come to the issue.

While writing my polls, I did not consider the possibility of how people will feel if the vials are reintroduced. Once the concept was brought to my attention through one of my polls, I realized that, were this to end and the scattersights to be returned to us, a lot of people currently silent - perhaps in the coliseum, getting as many scattersights as they can before they retire - will feel slighted by such a choice.

They may have cancelled plans to get more scattersights, devoted entire weekends to getting them in the hopes that this will make profit for them, allowing them to complete dragons of their own. Were the scattersights returned, this would cause uproar among this faction, as their efforts become 'wasted' and the items they worked furiously to get returning to a low, standardized, marketplace price.

Thus, today, I want to ask all of you - especially those of you who agree with the described idea, who feel that your work will be wasted if these items return - if the below proposal is acceptable to you. I've attempted to design it to conserve your efforts while offering users more control over the eyes, and also preserving the rarity of primal, multigaze, and faceted eye types.

-The Scattersight is retired, and has it's RNG tables altered to make all outcomes equal. (eg. You are just as likely to get primal as you are to get common.)
-An item similar to the scattersight is introduced, with the following mechanics:
-> When used, you have an equal chance of getting Common, Uncommon, Unusual, or Rare eyes.

*note: this mechanic is not one currently in the game, and I expect it may take significant effort. The main issue with repeated eye types is a mix of the item being expensive along with the problem of using the item to get something different. If there is another way to resolve these issues without high demands on the FR Team, I would prefer to state that, as it makes it easier for proposals to be accepted.

Thus, the scattersight becomes the only way to get extremely rare eyes on a dragon without them, and gives a genuine, viable chance of getting them, while the new item bears the drawbacks on price and availability, allowing regular users to alter their dragons' eyes within the range provided. This should preserve the high price while making the purchase worth the cost for other users. It should also solve the issues with the common eyes, as people can then scatter back to the common eyes using the new item.

I would love to hear your thoughts on this proposal, and hope to be able to discuss it with you.
necbzO5.pngMpoIPJl.pngIV3xLn6.png9oWXBNn.pngHxJ7se6.pngXRLXA9U.pngJ3m9KOk.gif
DHc3orZ.png
Glimmer & Gloom Guides
Hard:
V Hard:

e1P0V4T.png
10p7wif.gif
lair completion quest
Dragon sales/giveaways
Dragon Dresser shop!
Thank you for this thread! I want to start by echoing everyone and say that the staff worked super hard, and I'm so excited for the idea of this update. The variable with the eyes is FANTASTIC. But I also agree with the main criticisms as well. I think the suggested compromises are on the right track, and the idea of a 'lesser' scatterscroll that cannot get the primal/multi etc is a great idea.
Thank you for this thread! I want to start by echoing everyone and say that the staff worked super hard, and I'm so excited for the idea of this update. The variable with the eyes is FANTASTIC. But I also agree with the main criticisms as well. I think the suggested compromises are on the right track, and the idea of a 'lesser' scatterscroll that cannot get the primal/multi etc is a great idea.
0daf0bq.gif3CqUIAq.gifhQ5VT34.gif
Thanks for the summary.

The top three issues really need to be address. Especially the top two. Especially the top one.

Allow uses to get the default eyes. Don't retire the vial. Please.

One idea I saw on another thread was to move the vials to a randomly granted exalt reward. I like that idea a lot too.
Thanks for the summary.

The top three issues really need to be address. Especially the top two. Especially the top one.

Allow uses to get the default eyes. Don't retire the vial. Please.

One idea I saw on another thread was to move the vials to a randomly granted exalt reward. I like that idea a lot too.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
I saw a lot of people suggesting that the Multi-Gaze eyes become brewable in place of the Glow eyes. That would solve a lot of problems imo.
I saw a lot of people suggesting that the Multi-Gaze eyes become brewable in place of the Glow eyes. That would solve a lot of problems imo.
[quote name="Catradora" date="2018-06-09 08:13:14" ] My proposal is as follows: -The Scattersight is retired, and has it's RNG tables altered to make all outcomes equal. (eg. You are just as likely to get primal as you are to get common.) -An item similar to the scattersight is introduced, with the following mechanics: -> When used, you have an equal chance of getting Common, Uncommon, Unusual, or Rare eyes. ->You have no chance of getting Multigaze, Primal, or Faceted eyes. ->When used, you cannot get the same eye twice.* *note: this mechanic is not one currently in the game, and I expect it may take significant effort. The main issue with repeated eye types is a mix of the item being expensive along with the problem of using the item to get something different. If there is another way to resolve these issues without high demands on the FR Team, I would prefer to state that, as it makes it easier for proposals to be accepted. Thus, the scattersight becomes the only way to get extremely rare eyes on a dragon without them, and gives a genuine, viable chance of getting them, while the new item bears the drawbacks on price and availability, allowing regular users to alter their dragons' eyes within the range provided. This should preserve the high price while making the purchase worth the cost for other users. It should also solve the issues with the common eyes, as people can then scatter back to the common eyes using the new item. I would love to hear your thoughts on this proposal, and hope to be able to discuss it with you. [/quote] [font=baskerville old face][size=4]This is the first proposal along the lines of this that I actually really would like to see happen. All others I've thought would need some reworking, but this one I like from the get-go. This way scattersight actually retains some actual value and worth, and there's a way to get rid of unwanted eyes or switch to other types without having a chance for body horror or decreasing the worth of the top three rare types. Edit: It also retains the random eye type, which I actually really like the idea of. For me, it makes breeding less stale and adds another element of fun.
Catradora wrote on 2018-06-09 08:13:14:

This is the first proposal along the lines of this that I actually really would like to see happen. All others I've thought would need some reworking, but this one I like from the get-go. This way scattersight actually retains some actual value and worth, and there's a way to get rid of unwanted eyes or switch to other types without having a chance for body horror or decreasing the worth of the top three rare types.

Edit: It also retains the random eye type, which I actually really like the idea of. For me, it makes breeding less stale and adds another element of fun.
lmBVOQT.gif
We know who you are, we know everything about you
And we know where you live, oh, we know where you live...

Art Store
SNH9aOp.gif
Quote:

Pretty much everyone knows I'm against retirement in general. I understand why players may pin their hopes on raking in the cash once/if the vials retire, but IMO, that isn't enough reason to deprive the entire site of a much-needed item for this huge, game-changing update.

Currently, the vials are the only way players can have some influence over the eyes of existing dragons and dream dragons, Gen1s and progens, future dragons and breeding projects. Aesthetics and breeding for them are THE core mechanic and draw on FR. Players want and need a way to influence that, and the vials for eyes are all we got.

I do not think they should retire. At all.

Obviously, this is creating a lot of stress and drama on and off the site. As such, the staff should have spoken to the user base yesterday about their vision and plans. If they intend to retire the vial but release alternative methods that influence dragon eyes, we need to know sooner than ASAP so we can plan without freaking out. Letting the playerbase know would help both sides--those banking on retirement and those who have a ton of dragon eye projects now because then they could strategize for the future.

If the staff does fully intend to retire the vials and then introduce no method at all for players to influence eyes...I don't know what's going to happen. Some players might benefit by reselling the vials for high prices. But the rest, the vast majority of the site (both current and future), are going to suffer...and FR is going to have to deal with a drama storm of feedback and negativity and users leaving for months, if not years to come. I don't think leaving things as they appear to be outlined is good for the site's overall atmosphere.

I mean, I guess I'm sorry for those who are Coli grinding for stacks of vials to resell later and hoping to make bank...but the good of the whole site takes precedent over that. (And this is coming from someone who hopes to sell at least a few vials later.)
Quote:

Pretty much everyone knows I'm against retirement in general. I understand why players may pin their hopes on raking in the cash once/if the vials retire, but IMO, that isn't enough reason to deprive the entire site of a much-needed item for this huge, game-changing update.

Currently, the vials are the only way players can have some influence over the eyes of existing dragons and dream dragons, Gen1s and progens, future dragons and breeding projects. Aesthetics and breeding for them are THE core mechanic and draw on FR. Players want and need a way to influence that, and the vials for eyes are all we got.

I do not think they should retire. At all.

Obviously, this is creating a lot of stress and drama on and off the site. As such, the staff should have spoken to the user base yesterday about their vision and plans. If they intend to retire the vial but release alternative methods that influence dragon eyes, we need to know sooner than ASAP so we can plan without freaking out. Letting the playerbase know would help both sides--those banking on retirement and those who have a ton of dragon eye projects now because then they could strategize for the future.

If the staff does fully intend to retire the vials and then introduce no method at all for players to influence eyes...I don't know what's going to happen. Some players might benefit by reselling the vials for high prices. But the rest, the vast majority of the site (both current and future), are going to suffer...and FR is going to have to deal with a drama storm of feedback and negativity and users leaving for months, if not years to come. I don't think leaving things as they appear to be outlined is good for the site's overall atmosphere.

I mean, I guess I'm sorry for those who are Coli grinding for stacks of vials to resell later and hoping to make bank...but the good of the whole site takes precedent over that. (And this is coming from someone who hopes to sell at least a few vials later.)
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
[quote name="Catradora" date="2018-06-09 08:13:14" ] My proposal is as follows: -The Scattersight is retired, and has it's RNG tables altered to make all outcomes equal. (eg. You are just as likely to get primal as you are to get common.) -An item similar to the scattersight is introduced, with the following mechanics: -> When used, you have an equal chance of getting Common, Uncommon, Unusual, or Rare eyes. ->You have no chance of getting Multigaze, Primal, or Faceted eyes. ->When used, you cannot get the same eye twice.* [/quote] No support on this one. I understand people have farmed a bunch of these vials, but this whole mess is on staff for even thinking about retiring a consumable item with randomized chance. There's FIVE YEARS worth of permadragons, and even with a legit 1/6 chance of getting the eyes you want, most people will average 3-4 vials before getting the eyes they want. That will drain the supply quick, and this will become the new imperial scroll. Imp scroll being super expensive is good, because you will 100% get an imp. This is not as long as it has any RNG involved. Think about the side that has spent the entire weekend grinding and wasting a hundred vials on a single dragon - without getting the eyes they wanted. We did not know in the beginning what the chances of multigaze/faceted/primal would be. I figured they were rare, but not 0,5% chance, 200+ scroll average rare. So a lot of people wasted hundreds of scrolls in vain hope of getting the eyes they dreamed, only to be disappointed. The only way to make this work would be to extend the event to one, preferably two weeks, and making the vials have an equal chance of getting any type of eye now. That's the only way for everyone to have enough time to get a shot at special eyes for all dragons they want (let's be honest here, everyone has more than one dragon they want special eyes on). But I don't really like this option here because the thing that draws me - and many others, I'm sure - on this site, is dragon customisation. I don't honestly care that the vials have horrendous chances of getting the rarer eyes. I actually enjoy the idea of working towards getting a stack of vials to spam on one dragon until it gets the eyes I want. But that requires the vials to be available. So I am fully for the simplest approach - leave the vials in as a coli drop, the same rarity as they are now. It takes time to get a stack, it's not guaranteed you get what you want... But when after days and days of grinding your progen rolls those sweet primal eyes, you can proudly run into dragon share to show them off to everyone. You worked for it, you got lucky. And you can work towards your goal whenever you like, instead of cancelling all your plans for the weekend at the last second.
Catradora wrote on 2018-06-09 08:13:14:

No support on this one. I understand people have farmed a bunch of these vials, but this whole mess is on staff for even thinking about retiring a consumable item with randomized chance. There's FIVE YEARS worth of permadragons, and even with a legit 1/6 chance of getting the eyes you want, most people will average 3-4 vials before getting the eyes they want. That will drain the supply quick, and this will become the new imperial scroll. Imp scroll being super expensive is good, because you will 100% get an imp. This is not as long as it has any RNG involved.

Think about the side that has spent the entire weekend grinding and wasting a hundred vials on a single dragon - without getting the eyes they wanted. We did not know in the beginning what the chances of multigaze/faceted/primal would be. I figured they were rare, but not 0,5% chance, 200+ scroll average rare. So a lot of people wasted hundreds of scrolls in vain hope of getting the eyes they dreamed, only to be disappointed.

The only way to make this work would be to extend the event to one, preferably two weeks, and making the vials have an equal chance of getting any type of eye now. That's the only way for everyone to have enough time to get a shot at special eyes for all dragons they want (let's be honest here, everyone has more than one dragon they want special eyes on).

But I don't really like this option here because the thing that draws me - and many others, I'm sure - on this site, is dragon customisation. I don't honestly care that the vials have horrendous chances of getting the rarer eyes. I actually enjoy the idea of working towards getting a stack of vials to spam on one dragon until it gets the eyes I want. But that requires the vials to be available. So I am fully for the simplest approach - leave the vials in as a coli drop, the same rarity as they are now. It takes time to get a stack, it's not guaranteed you get what you want... But when after days and days of grinding your progen rolls those sweet primal eyes, you can proudly run into dragon share to show them off to everyone. You worked for it, you got lucky. And you can work towards your goal whenever you like, instead of cancelling all your plans for the weekend at the last second.
iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
7G6xGb.png
1 2 3 4 5