Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Eye Changes and Suggestions Thread
1 2 3 4 5
Eye Changes and Suggestions Thread

This thread is a compilation of the main changes I've seen people ask for about the new update. I've made several surveys to gather data, and have designed this in the hope that it will catch the attention of the staff and provide a clear, concise idea of how the community feels about this update and how it can be improved before changes become impossible.

Featuring:
Links to all polls
Most common ideas and desires / issues
Most common liked concepts
Popular potential changes

Look here for the polls.

I am still gathering data for these and would love your input.

These polls are where I got my information, and are left open to help reflect how the userbase feels without resorting to pages and pages of 'support/ don't support'. I have added the statistics (as of the last time I checked it) as well as well thought out comments which I thought reflected their part of the community. As long as I run this thread, I'll endeavour to collect responses from these polls and from replies to the poll's threads.

There are some known issues with these polls which I'll list out here.

My fourth poll had a very confusing question, which was corrected in the fifth; some options were added and removed with each successive poll; my first three polls were biased towards those who did not like the update, while the fourth was biased towards those who did.

Click here for the final survey pre-scattersight retirement.

Click here for the survey biased towards opposing 'camps'.

Click here for the original final survey.

Click here for the second survey.

Click here for the first survey.

Most common likes and dislikes

People have expressed varying opinions on the new eyes. I will list the likes and dislikes here for use. Please note that in both, nearly 25% of the users have expressed that the eyes depend heavily on the dragon who bears them.

Now also featuring the likes and dislikes surrounding their implementation, for thoroughness.

The Arcane Primal eyes have a generally good reception, as do Primal eyes in general.

From the third poll, in order, the first-day favourites are Primal, Rare, and Glowing.

People are enjoying the new, random feature's value, and the ways it revitalizes interest in breeding dragons. Much like getting eggs or eliminate, these hatchlings are like the 'rare drops' of breeding.

Dislikes

A large amount of people have expressed concerns and disgust at the Multigaze and Plague Primal eyes, which some users consider 'body horror'. This can cause some people to feel ill. This extends somewhat to the Earth Primal, Shadow Primal and Faceted eye types.

From the third poll, in order, the first-day least favourites are Multi-gaze, Primal, and Faceted.

People are disappointed in some of the artwork - either because they have visible art errors (Multi-gaze on adults, etc), do not fit with the normal artwork (the 'skin' on plague eyes clash with most colours and changes the colour of the eye itself from red to green), or appear rushed/moved (light primal). {Light primal is reported to appear 'cartoonish', and the glowing eye type appears more relevant to the light flight. It appears as if the two eye types were switched around, with the light eye type implemented at the last minute.}

Issues

Here, I'll list issues people have had with the update.

The Vial of Scattersight has retired.
As a consumable item, retiring this item within 2 (and a bit) days, when most events with similar, non-consumable items run for a week, is an issue for the majority of users who want to enjoy this new feature to the fullest. Many of the users were unable to gather the items they want in the given amount of time, and will have to purchase it for over 100 gems without guarantee it will change their dragon's eyes. As an item arguably equivalent to the scatterscroll, the vial is essential to breeding projects and should be treated as such.

There is no method to revert the eyes to their 'common' state.
RESOLVED
An item which can return eyes to the 'common' state would be essential to users who would like their dragons to be without the fancier eyes. Leaving no option to return to the standard eye type is a significant drawback, as people may plan their dragons around the common eye type in place of the former 'original' type. Dragons with eyes other than common are unable to revert to common; as a site whose main allure is customization, this is a significantly unusual choice, and counterproductive to future projects.
The FR Team/mods have officially stated that a 'revert to common' item will be implemented in future updates.

Original eyes were replaced.
The original, pre-update eyes were preferable for some users, especially those who chose them specifically because of their eyes (an example is a maize/maize/maize dragon with light eyes, as the original matched the colours better than the new eyes). Further, some users are unnerved by the new eyes, especially the coloured sclera for many of the breeds which formerly had white sclera. Users feel upset that these eyes were removed and would appreciate a method by which to have their original eyes again.
Note: This has been addressed by the mods, and was intended to be announced at the time when the eyes were introduced. The suggestion remains in the hopes the original eyes may someday become an option again for users who prefer them.

'Body Horror' eyes are making people sick.
People are experiencing 'body horror' when viewing the Multigaze, Plague Primal, Shadow Primal, and to a certain extent faceted and Earth Primal, eyes. These eyes are out of place for the site, in some cases, and the cost to change these eyes (a vial of scattersight) is extremely high, without a guarantee it will be different. Some users would prefer not to view these particular eye types at all. (the eye types are displayed below in scries, behind links for those who prefer not to view them.)

Light Multigaze on a spiral hatchling.

Plague Primal on a Spiral Female.

Shadow Primal on a Mirror Female.

Earth Primal on a Ridgeback Female.

The Light Primal's design is lacklustre/cartoonish.
Some users find the Light Primal disappointing. As an eye type, it is less 'serious' compared to the other eyes and appears 'cartoonish', leading to the eyes' use in jokes. Some users with light dragons feel that the glowing eye type is more fitting to the light flight than the light primal eye type itself. (the light primal eyes are offered for viewing below on scried dragons.)

A scry of a triple obsidian SD hatchling with light primal eyes.

A Mirror hatchling with the same as above.

A Snapper female with the same as above.

A female SD with:
Glowing | Primal

The Multi-gaze's design.
Some users are disappointed in the lack of polish on multi-gaze, especially on adult dragons (the male skydancer is a commonly cited offender, and has been shown below, behind a link for those who do not wish to view this eye type). The eyes along the body do not match the eyes of any dragons, and eyes do not align with the lineart of the dragon's body. It appears 'copy-pasted', 'rushed', and ultimately, users feel that they have been given a half-finished product.

A Male Skydancer (currently hatchling) with Multigaze.

A scry of a triple obsidian SD Male with light multigaze.

Popular User-suggested Changes

These are solutions put forward by the community for the points listed above.

Make the Vial of Scattersight a Gem MP/Festival item, or have it return like the Wildclaw Scroll.
This is a direct resolution for the point on scattersights being retired.
The vial of Scattersight is an essential item for users who want the right eyes. This method also removes the heavy deficit which is likely to spring up if the vials were permanently retired. This further aids in many of the other complaints, as a supply of these would allow people to change eyes they can't tolerate viewing and alter the eyes of older dragons without the unbalanced consumption of gems and/or treasure.

Add an item/method of restoring the Common eyes.
RESOLVED
Adding an item which 'wipes clean' the eyes of a dragon back to common would correct the issue of being unable to get common eyes from a scattersight. Much like the remove gene scrolls, this would allow users to have a small amount of control over their dragons and prevent further issues with the other eye types.
The FR Team/mods have stated that this is planned for a future update. The suggestion is left here for posterity.

Add the pre-update eye designs as 'unnatural' eye types, or allow them to be obtained from breeding again separately to the new eyes.
The original eyes are important to many of the users on FR, as they are part of their dragon's lore, design, and plan. The ability to restore these eyes on their dragons would correct many of the problems had by those completely dissatisfied with the update. Many people are unnerved by the new eyes and the changes to the eye itself (shading, sclera, pupil, etc), and this would allow them to return to as they were.

Add an account option which allows people to toggle the viewing of 'body horror' eye types.
Adding an option in the account options which will allow users to avoid viewing the 'body horror' eye types without affecting gameplay for other players. This would not affect the odds of getting a primal dragon, a multigaze dragon, or other dragon eye types; rather, for that specific user, the eye would display as a standard common eye. This will prevent harmful reactions during FR gameplay without harming the current RNG or the value of the dragon itself, and prevent such a change from allowing users to exploit the RNG for rarer eye types.

More thoughts

As I gather responses, I'll add views here which I don't feel are fleshed out enough to be a solid suggestion, or were expressed by less than 3 users that I can identify. I will put them here in the hopes they can be developed by the community or aid the staff in their choices going forward. I also plan to incorporate ideas from other threads into this if possible, and will link them back to this part of the thread if I do.

The Staff were too quiet during and after the event.
People are uncomfortable and concerned by the lack of response from the staff, other than 'Thanks for the feedback!' and squashing bugs/rulebreakers.

While not an issue of the update itself, it is a viable point, and a large number of users believe better communication between the staff and users - no matter how risky - would have gone a long way to help squash the outcry from the community. I believe this is important to note going forward, so that this situation doesn't repeat itself.

NOTE: A response coming from Aequorin came on the 3rd(?) day since the update occurred, addressing issues and opening discussion. This is absolutely a step in the right direction, and I approve wholeheartedly of the action taken.

A final note
I believe that this will be a changing thread as time goes forward. I don't want this discussion to stop a few days after the update, and hope to provide the dedication to keep it going for at least a month to ensure what I have here is thorough and realistic. If you feel that what I wrote doesn't reflect your opinion, please do share it, and request your comment added to this thread. If you don't like it still, well... there's a suggestions thread for a reason, and I wish you luck with it.

Thank you, all of you, for your help. Hopefully, together, we can help improve the FR experience.

PINGLIST
If you wish to be added, please PM me, thank you!
@NoctisNix @Silver202 @GalopaWXY @Tynnk @Olkai @commoncomitatus @slp0001 @Celes @snappdragon @Frandoll @SunstonePhoenix @Foxofwonders @menghuancat @Scryzze @ReCremisi @Layenne90 @Rainhead @PixelSpiral @Nigiri @Grunty @Disillusionist @MollyMerula @Luca20 @ Churrell @ HersheyNation

As a quick PS to those who are tired of these sorts of threads:

Yes, I know, it can be exhausting, and I agree that there's a lot of melodrama. However, there always is, and I want to express that these suggestions are designed to avoid that exact problem. I apologize for not sharing your comments, but I believe that they are unrelated to the content itself and rather focus on the reactions from an opposing part of the community. I nonetheless greatly appreciate your input, and will do my best to make this thread a clean, concise, and ultimately calm one, where suggestions can be reviewed without forcing users like yourself to filter the emotional backlash.

Final PS:

I haven't seen any activity about this in a while, so I've stopped maintaining this thread. However, if you @ me in this thread, I will absolutely respond.
Eye Changes and Suggestions Thread

This thread is a compilation of the main changes I've seen people ask for about the new update. I've made several surveys to gather data, and have designed this in the hope that it will catch the attention of the staff and provide a clear, concise idea of how the community feels about this update and how it can be improved before changes become impossible.

Featuring:
Links to all polls
Most common ideas and desires / issues
Most common liked concepts
Popular potential changes

Look here for the polls.

I am still gathering data for these and would love your input.

These polls are where I got my information, and are left open to help reflect how the userbase feels without resorting to pages and pages of 'support/ don't support'. I have added the statistics (as of the last time I checked it) as well as well thought out comments which I thought reflected their part of the community. As long as I run this thread, I'll endeavour to collect responses from these polls and from replies to the poll's threads.

There are some known issues with these polls which I'll list out here.

My fourth poll had a very confusing question, which was corrected in the fifth; some options were added and removed with each successive poll; my first three polls were biased towards those who did not like the update, while the fourth was biased towards those who did.

Click here for the final survey pre-scattersight retirement.

Click here for the survey biased towards opposing 'camps'.

Click here for the original final survey.

Click here for the second survey.

Click here for the first survey.

Most common likes and dislikes

People have expressed varying opinions on the new eyes. I will list the likes and dislikes here for use. Please note that in both, nearly 25% of the users have expressed that the eyes depend heavily on the dragon who bears them.

Now also featuring the likes and dislikes surrounding their implementation, for thoroughness.

The Arcane Primal eyes have a generally good reception, as do Primal eyes in general.

From the third poll, in order, the first-day favourites are Primal, Rare, and Glowing.

People are enjoying the new, random feature's value, and the ways it revitalizes interest in breeding dragons. Much like getting eggs or eliminate, these hatchlings are like the 'rare drops' of breeding.

Dislikes

A large amount of people have expressed concerns and disgust at the Multigaze and Plague Primal eyes, which some users consider 'body horror'. This can cause some people to feel ill. This extends somewhat to the Earth Primal, Shadow Primal and Faceted eye types.

From the third poll, in order, the first-day least favourites are Multi-gaze, Primal, and Faceted.

People are disappointed in some of the artwork - either because they have visible art errors (Multi-gaze on adults, etc), do not fit with the normal artwork (the 'skin' on plague eyes clash with most colours and changes the colour of the eye itself from red to green), or appear rushed/moved (light primal). {Light primal is reported to appear 'cartoonish', and the glowing eye type appears more relevant to the light flight. It appears as if the two eye types were switched around, with the light eye type implemented at the last minute.}

Issues

Here, I'll list issues people have had with the update.

The Vial of Scattersight has retired.
As a consumable item, retiring this item within 2 (and a bit) days, when most events with similar, non-consumable items run for a week, is an issue for the majority of users who want to enjoy this new feature to the fullest. Many of the users were unable to gather the items they want in the given amount of time, and will have to purchase it for over 100 gems without guarantee it will change their dragon's eyes. As an item arguably equivalent to the scatterscroll, the vial is essential to breeding projects and should be treated as such.

There is no method to revert the eyes to their 'common' state.
RESOLVED
An item which can return eyes to the 'common' state would be essential to users who would like their dragons to be without the fancier eyes. Leaving no option to return to the standard eye type is a significant drawback, as people may plan their dragons around the common eye type in place of the former 'original' type. Dragons with eyes other than common are unable to revert to common; as a site whose main allure is customization, this is a significantly unusual choice, and counterproductive to future projects.
The FR Team/mods have officially stated that a 'revert to common' item will be implemented in future updates.

Original eyes were replaced.
The original, pre-update eyes were preferable for some users, especially those who chose them specifically because of their eyes (an example is a maize/maize/maize dragon with light eyes, as the original matched the colours better than the new eyes). Further, some users are unnerved by the new eyes, especially the coloured sclera for many of the breeds which formerly had white sclera. Users feel upset that these eyes were removed and would appreciate a method by which to have their original eyes again.
Note: This has been addressed by the mods, and was intended to be announced at the time when the eyes were introduced. The suggestion remains in the hopes the original eyes may someday become an option again for users who prefer them.

'Body Horror' eyes are making people sick.
People are experiencing 'body horror' when viewing the Multigaze, Plague Primal, Shadow Primal, and to a certain extent faceted and Earth Primal, eyes. These eyes are out of place for the site, in some cases, and the cost to change these eyes (a vial of scattersight) is extremely high, without a guarantee it will be different. Some users would prefer not to view these particular eye types at all. (the eye types are displayed below in scries, behind links for those who prefer not to view them.)

Light Multigaze on a spiral hatchling.

Plague Primal on a Spiral Female.

Shadow Primal on a Mirror Female.

Earth Primal on a Ridgeback Female.

The Light Primal's design is lacklustre/cartoonish.
Some users find the Light Primal disappointing. As an eye type, it is less 'serious' compared to the other eyes and appears 'cartoonish', leading to the eyes' use in jokes. Some users with light dragons feel that the glowing eye type is more fitting to the light flight than the light primal eye type itself. (the light primal eyes are offered for viewing below on scried dragons.)

A scry of a triple obsidian SD hatchling with light primal eyes.

A Mirror hatchling with the same as above.

A Snapper female with the same as above.

A female SD with:
Glowing | Primal

The Multi-gaze's design.
Some users are disappointed in the lack of polish on multi-gaze, especially on adult dragons (the male skydancer is a commonly cited offender, and has been shown below, behind a link for those who do not wish to view this eye type). The eyes along the body do not match the eyes of any dragons, and eyes do not align with the lineart of the dragon's body. It appears 'copy-pasted', 'rushed', and ultimately, users feel that they have been given a half-finished product.

A Male Skydancer (currently hatchling) with Multigaze.

A scry of a triple obsidian SD Male with light multigaze.

Popular User-suggested Changes

These are solutions put forward by the community for the points listed above.

Make the Vial of Scattersight a Gem MP/Festival item, or have it return like the Wildclaw Scroll.
This is a direct resolution for the point on scattersights being retired.
The vial of Scattersight is an essential item for users who want the right eyes. This method also removes the heavy deficit which is likely to spring up if the vials were permanently retired. This further aids in many of the other complaints, as a supply of these would allow people to change eyes they can't tolerate viewing and alter the eyes of older dragons without the unbalanced consumption of gems and/or treasure.

Add an item/method of restoring the Common eyes.
RESOLVED
Adding an item which 'wipes clean' the eyes of a dragon back to common would correct the issue of being unable to get common eyes from a scattersight. Much like the remove gene scrolls, this would allow users to have a small amount of control over their dragons and prevent further issues with the other eye types.
The FR Team/mods have stated that this is planned for a future update. The suggestion is left here for posterity.

Add the pre-update eye designs as 'unnatural' eye types, or allow them to be obtained from breeding again separately to the new eyes.
The original eyes are important to many of the users on FR, as they are part of their dragon's lore, design, and plan. The ability to restore these eyes on their dragons would correct many of the problems had by those completely dissatisfied with the update. Many people are unnerved by the new eyes and the changes to the eye itself (shading, sclera, pupil, etc), and this would allow them to return to as they were.

Add an account option which allows people to toggle the viewing of 'body horror' eye types.
Adding an option in the account options which will allow users to avoid viewing the 'body horror' eye types without affecting gameplay for other players. This would not affect the odds of getting a primal dragon, a multigaze dragon, or other dragon eye types; rather, for that specific user, the eye would display as a standard common eye. This will prevent harmful reactions during FR gameplay without harming the current RNG or the value of the dragon itself, and prevent such a change from allowing users to exploit the RNG for rarer eye types.

More thoughts

As I gather responses, I'll add views here which I don't feel are fleshed out enough to be a solid suggestion, or were expressed by less than 3 users that I can identify. I will put them here in the hopes they can be developed by the community or aid the staff in their choices going forward. I also plan to incorporate ideas from other threads into this if possible, and will link them back to this part of the thread if I do.

The Staff were too quiet during and after the event.
People are uncomfortable and concerned by the lack of response from the staff, other than 'Thanks for the feedback!' and squashing bugs/rulebreakers.

While not an issue of the update itself, it is a viable point, and a large number of users believe better communication between the staff and users - no matter how risky - would have gone a long way to help squash the outcry from the community. I believe this is important to note going forward, so that this situation doesn't repeat itself.

NOTE: A response coming from Aequorin came on the 3rd(?) day since the update occurred, addressing issues and opening discussion. This is absolutely a step in the right direction, and I approve wholeheartedly of the action taken.

A final note
I believe that this will be a changing thread as time goes forward. I don't want this discussion to stop a few days after the update, and hope to provide the dedication to keep it going for at least a month to ensure what I have here is thorough and realistic. If you feel that what I wrote doesn't reflect your opinion, please do share it, and request your comment added to this thread. If you don't like it still, well... there's a suggestions thread for a reason, and I wish you luck with it.

Thank you, all of you, for your help. Hopefully, together, we can help improve the FR experience.

PINGLIST
If you wish to be added, please PM me, thank you!
@NoctisNix @Silver202 @GalopaWXY @Tynnk @Olkai @commoncomitatus @slp0001 @Celes @snappdragon @Frandoll @SunstonePhoenix @Foxofwonders @menghuancat @Scryzze @ReCremisi @Layenne90 @Rainhead @PixelSpiral @Nigiri @Grunty @Disillusionist @MollyMerula @Luca20 @ Churrell @ HersheyNation

As a quick PS to those who are tired of these sorts of threads:

Yes, I know, it can be exhausting, and I agree that there's a lot of melodrama. However, there always is, and I want to express that these suggestions are designed to avoid that exact problem. I apologize for not sharing your comments, but I believe that they are unrelated to the content itself and rather focus on the reactions from an opposing part of the community. I nonetheless greatly appreciate your input, and will do my best to make this thread a clean, concise, and ultimately calm one, where suggestions can be reviewed without forcing users like yourself to filter the emotional backlash.

Final PS:

I haven't seen any activity about this in a while, so I've stopped maintaining this thread. However, if you @ me in this thread, I will absolutely respond.
necbzO5.pngMpoIPJl.pngIV3xLn6.png9oWXBNn.pngHxJ7se6.pngXRLXA9U.pngJ3m9KOk.gif
DHc3orZ.png
Glimmer & Gloom Guides
Hard:
V Hard:

e1P0V4T.png
10p7wif.gif
lair completion quest
Dragon sales/giveaways
Dragon Dresser shop!
POLL RESULTS

From the Final Poll

Q1: Which Flight are you in?
Light - 17.1%
Wind - 11.4%
Shadow - 10.7%
Ice - 10.3%
Lightning - 9.8%
Nature - 9.6%
Plague - 8.5%
Arcane - 8.2%
Fire - 5%
Water - 4.8%
Earth - 4.6%

Q2: How do you feel about the update?

With minor tweaks/specific changes, I'll like it - 32.6%
I love some, hate some - 21.4%
I like it - 17.4%
I love it - 14.8%
Indifferent - 5.5%
I don't like it - 2.8%
I hate it - 2.1%

Other responses expressed that it was executed badly. Specific comments mentioned art being 'sloppy' and that the lack of response from staff was disappointing.

Q3: Which of the following are you experiencing?

I believe the update is flawed - 62.3%
I'm tired of/worried about the silence from the FR Team - 61%
I'm tired of the melodrama - 44%
I don't think the eyes are as important as people are making it sound ("they're RUINED!") - 43.4%
I don't want my efforts getting scattersights to be wasted - 36.5%
I'm frustrated with the community - 30.2%
I feel people are nitpicking on the issues in this update - 22.6%
I'd like to just grind my scattersights in peace - 20.3%
People are asking for changes I don't want - 19.6%
I'm tired of talking about the eyes - 19.4%
I am very upset by this situation - 19%
I'm infuriated about the update - 13.9%
I'm confused about the update and/or community reaction - 13.2%
I am considering leaving the game (perm or temp) - 11.4%
I'm scared because of this situation - 7.7%
I'm becoming sick/ill because of this situation - 7.5%
I'm not experiencing any of these - 0.9%
I'm experiencing all of these - 0.4%

Other comments expressed that they were unable to get the eyes due to a lack of implementation for older dragons, general sadness at the reaction of the community, and burnout from grinding for the scattersights. (May be extended in the future.)

Q4: What are your main issues with this update?

The odds from scattersight are ridiculous - 63.3%
The scattersight was poorly implemented - 56.6%
I don't have time to get the scattersights I need - 48.6%
I can't get the common eyes back - 47.7%
I think the update was rushed (errors in multigaze, weird choices) - 47.3%
The melodrama - 41.8%
I can't get the original eyes back - 32.9%
One of my older dragons has strange/unfitting eyes - 18.1%
I am experiencing body horror from one of the eyes and can't opt out - 8.5%
I have no issues - 3.2%
All of these - 2.3%

Q5: Select the proposed solutions you believe should happen.

Don't retire the scattersight - 61%
Add a new item to perform a similiar function to scattersight - 51.2%
Changing the way people acquire Multigaze/Primal/Faceted - 50%
Change common eyes to original - 39.1%
Changing the design of Multigaze - 23.5%
Changing the design of Light Primal - 17.6%
Changing the design of Plague Primal - 17.3%
Changing the design of Earth Primal - 11.7%
Changing the design of any of the eyes - 9.3%
I don't want any of these changes - 8%
Changing the design of Shadow Primal - 6.2%
Other (unspecified) - 3.7%
I don't care either way - 3.6%
I want all of these changes - 0.5%

Other comments offered changing the odds of scattersight as the most common suggestion. One unique comment suggested adding a second set of primal eyes, alongside improving the odds.

Q6: Select the proposed solutions you believe should NOT happen.

Changing the design of shadow primal - 43.8%
Changing the design of Plague primal - 28.7%
Changing the design of Earth Primal - 28.3%
Changing the design of Light Primal - 27.1%
Changing the design of any of the eyes - 24.9%
Changing the design of Multigaze - 23.1%
Don't retire the scattersight - 22.9%
Changing the way people acquire Multigaze/Primal/Faceted - 18.3%
Add a new item to perform a similar function to Scattersight - 15.9%
I don't care either way - 13.9%
I don't want any of these changes to happen - 4%
I want all these changes to happen - 1.4%

Other comments were heavily mixed, and frequently completely opposed each other. Generally speaking, people expressed the opinion that some changes they indicated would negatively affect parts of the community which they were not a part of themselves.

From the Biased Poll

Q1:Which flight are you in?
Light - 16%
Wind - 11.2%
Shadow - 10.8%
Ice - 10%
Plague - 9.8%
Lightning - 9.7%
Arcane, Nature - 8.5%
Water - 6%
Fire - 5%
Earth - 4.4%

I like it - 31.2%
I love some, hate some - 30.6%
I love it - 21%
Indifferent - 6.2%
'Other' - 5%
I don't like it - 3.9%
I hate it - 2.1%

I don't think the eyes are as important as people make them out to be ("they're RUINED!") - 52.8%
I believe the update is flawed - 52.4%
I'm tired of/worried about the silence from the FR Team - 51.4%
I'm tired of the melodrama - 50.9%
I don't want my efforts getting scattersights to be wasted - 39.7%
I feel people are nitpicking on the issues in this update - 36.6%
I'd like to just grind my scattersights in peace - 29.7%
I'm tired of talking about the eyes - 25.2%
People are asking for changes I don't want - 19.5%

Other responses felt that the staff silence is 'rude' or are only mildly worried about it, and others don't like specific aspects of the update.

Q4: Which of these proposed solutions are you against?

Changing the design of shadow primal - 41%
Changing the design of light primal - 33.5%
Changing the design of plague primal - 31.6%
Don't retire the scattersight - 31.2%
Changing the design of earth primal - 28.9%
Changing the way people acquire Multigaze/Faceted/Primal - 28.7%
Add a new item to perform a similiar function to the scattersight - 28.1%
Change common eyes to original - 22%
I don't want any of these changes - 8.9%

Others expressed varying opinions on what could be acceptable solutions and what kinds of things they don't want and why; these have been taken into account, and are being slowly read through.

From the Third Poll

Gathered from 255 responses.

Q1 - Which flight are you in?

Light - 18%
Wind - 11.8%
Ice - 9.8%
Shadow - 9.4%
Arcane, Nature, Lightning - 8.2%
Earth - 7.1%
Plague, Fire - 6.7%
Water - 5.9%

Q2 - How long have you been on FR?

Since 2014 - 22.4%
Since 2015 - 24.8%
Since 2016 - 17.7%
Since 2017 - 13.8%
Since 2013 - 12.6%
This year - 6.7%
Since Kickstarter - 2%

Q3 - How do you feel about the eye types?

I think it was executed badly but like the idea - 34.1%
I love it, I like it - 21.2%
I love some, hate some - 13.3%
I hate it - 2.7%
I'm indifferent - 2.4%
I dislike it - 2%
Not sure how I feel yet - 1.6%

4 additional votes have the general concept of "There is one aspect I particularly dislike/the vial shouldn't retire" (at least, that's what I gather from it).

Q4 - Which eye type is your favourite?

Depends on the Dragon - 50%
Primal - 39.8%
Rare - 33.1%
Glowing - 29.9%
Original - 26.8%
Multi-gaze - 22.8%
Faceted - 19.7%
Unusual - 13.4%
Uncommon - 7.9%
Common - 7.1%
All of them - 4.7%
Don't know yet - 1.6%
None of them - 0.4%

Additional votes described it as depending on the flight, depending on the dragon, liking only specific primal eyes, and generally being unable to choose.

Q5 - Which eye type is your least favourite?

Multi-gaze - 37.7%
Depends on the dragon - 34.5%
Primal - 24.6%
Faceted - 22.6%
Glowing - 11.5%
Common, Uncommon - 10.7%
Don't know yet - 9.5%
None of them - 7.5%
Unusual - 7.1%
Rare - 4%
Original - 1.6%

The majority of the other votes indicated that Plague Primal was their least favourite eye type. Others generally indicated Plague and shadow primal, multigaze, and specific primal eye types.

Q6 - Which of the following changes do you like best?

Have 'revert to common' item - 82%
Don't retire the Scattersight item - 70.6%
Change common to original - 31.4%
Change Plague primal and/or multigaze - 12.5%
Add 'no body horror' button - 11.8%
Add 'display as original' button - 11%
Keep everything as is - 4.3%

Other votes indicated a desire to see common stay and the originals return as well, see multigaze become a baldwin item rather than/as well as a breeding result, add more 'vial of x sight' items, and other similar alterations.

Q7 - What is your biggest issue with this update?

I can't revert to common - 43.5%
I can't get the eyes I want easily enough - 39.6%
I can't get the original eyes back - 29.8%
I feel insulted/upset by the fact that the original eyes were changed without warning - 27.8%
The eye colour has screwed with my dragons(lemon light eyes, weird/'soulless') - 22.7%
I'm sensitive to body horror from Plague Primal - 13.3%
I have no issues with this update - 9%
I'm sensitive to body horror from multigaze - 7.8%

Other votes, of which there were quite a few, indicated that people felt upset by the lack of time and warning to change their dragons, and the decision to make the items so drastically limited. Some indicate that all of the above issues are troubling them, and yet others inidicated a lack of control over their dragon's eyes was the main issue they had.

From the Second Poll

Gathered around 145 responses.

Which flight are you in?
Light - 21.4%
Wind - 13.1%
Arcane, Ice, Shadow, Nature - 9%
Plague, Lightning, Earth, Fire - 6.2%
Water - 4.8%

How long have you been on FR?
Since 2014 - 23.6%
Since 2015 - 20.8%
Since 2016 - 19.4%
Since 2017 - 13.9%
This year - 6.9%
Kickstarter - 1.4%

How do you feel about the eye types?

Major:
I like it - 33.1%
I love it - 31%
I dislike it, not sure how I feel yet - 9%
I'm indifferent - 5.5%
I hate it - 1.4%

Minor:
Like some, Hate some - 3
Like the concept, hate the execution - 2

Which type is your favourite?

Primal - 20.8%
Original - 17.4%
Rare - 11.1%
Multi-gaze - 10.4%
Faceted - 9%
Glowing - 6.9%
Unusual - 4.2%
Common - 3.5%
Uncommon - 2.1%

Depends - 2
Original - 3
Some of the primals - 4
Glowing - 1
Multigaze - 1

Which is your least favourite?

Multi-gaze - 41%
Primal - 9.7%
Faceted - 9%
Common - 7.6%
Uncommon - 6.9%
Glowing - 5.6%
Original - 3.5%
Unusual - 1.4%

Hate multigaze & Plague Primal - 2
Indifferent/no dislikes - 3
Dislike tints - 3
Dislike all - 2
Plague primal - 5
Shadow primal - 1
Faceted - 1
Depends - 6
Multigaze and primal - 1

Which of the following solutions do you like best?

Have 'revert to common' item - 35.2%
Don't retire the Scattersight item - 24.8%
Change common to original - 10.3%
Add no body horror button - 4.1%
Keep as is - 2.8%
Add display as original button - 2.1%

Scattersight kept & revert to common item - 6 votes
Scattersight kept, revert to common item, and add original eyes back in/switch common to original - 7 votes

From the First Poll

Gathered from 129 responses.

Q1: how long have you been on FR?

Kickstarter - 2.04%
2013 - 7.14%
2014 - 25.51%
2015 - 26.53%
2016 - 15.31%
2017 - 16.33%
This year - 7.14%

Q2: Which flight are you in?

Arcane - 6.06%
Fire - 5.05%
Water - 4.04%
Earth - 6.06%
Nature - 10.10%
Plague - 3.03%
Shadow 4.04%
Lightning - 13.13%
Light - 23.23%
Ice - 13.13%
Wind - 12.12%

Q3: How do you feel, overall, about the Eye Types?

I love it - 52.04%
I'm indifferent - 14.29%
I hate it - 9.18%
Other (comments coming soon) - 24.49%

Q4: Which of the following are your favourite?

The original eyes - 41.41%
Common - 23.23%
Uncommon - 25.25%
Unusual - 30.30%
Rare - 42.42%
Primal - 46.46%
Faceted - 23.23%
Multi-gaze - 22.22%
Glowing - 38.38%
I can't choose (comments coming soon) - 9.09%

Q5: Which of the following are your least favourite?

The original eyes - 5.26%
Common - 12.63%
Uncommon - 12.63%
Unusual - 4.21%
Rare - 5.26%
Primal - 27.37%
Faceted - 20%
Multi-gaze - 54.74%
Glowing - 9.47%
I can't choose (comments coming soon) - 10.53%

Q6: Which of these solutions do you like best?

Don't retire the scattersight - 50.51%
Have a 'revert to common' item - 74.75%
Change common to original - 27.27%
Remove eyes altogether - 2.02%
Add 'display as original' button - 9.095
Add 'no body horror' button (for plague/shadow primal, multigaze, etc) - 14.14%
Keep everything as is - 8.08%
Other (comments coming soon) - 10.10%

Eye-catching Comments
Here, I've added what I believe to be some of the most clear, concise, and well-written comments, as well as ones which people personally asked me to add. These were drawn from my polls, posts in the forums, and the 5th Anniversary thread(s). I have not added all the comments I drew from my polls here, and other comments can be found in each poll's respective thread.

Grunty, Eye Poll 3
I'm gonna try summing this up from as many views as I can. The concept of new eyes is certainly interesting and with time we would have learned to like it, but the changes that were happening not only happened with no warning, but changed what we already had. For the longest time many of use thought this impossible and that if it were to happen we would have word ahead of time and a voice in the decision. If the originals were kept and the new types added without change, acceptance would have been much higher as some players wouldn't feel almost 'betrayed' as a few have explained.

It was only recently that the effects the body gore would have on squeamish people was brought to my attention. With plague's primal, this is incredibly difficult as they are the flight of disease and in some aspects gore. With multi eye, it would have been kind of difficult ahead of time to tell that it would effect people this much so I I view it as a simple mistake on the devs' part. While it does need to be considered and maybe fine tuned in the future, it can be rather hard and almost impossible to cater to everyone's wants and interests, guaranteeing that some players will be left dissatisfied. This is also seen with light's primal eyes.

Limitation is the next point here as it has it's ups and downs. This helps with adding an extra sense of value and accomplishment when you finally get exactly what you want, but not everyone is patient and more often than not, the rich man sings. People don't always want to carefully earn what they want and instead buy it flat out which is where retirement causes problems. If someone who wants no faceted eyes in their lair hatches their dream derg with fauceted, then it's back to the drawing boards with who knows how long of a wait. That retirement of scattersight can remove the sense of accomplishment from each side and what ever lays in between, especially when the retirement is a mere three days after it's coming.

This is where I rest on the fence as partial retirement to either the marketplace, baldwin's or a thriving appearance in Night of the Nocs would keep the item and economy of the scatters alive, while not making it the easy method it is now via farming. Overall though, I love this update. It revitalized what Flight Rising is all about. We have hundreds of new ways to customize our dragons and social interaction has grown through it. Whether it's working with a friend to get the perfect eyes for a hatchery or bartering with a stranger to sell you that Scattersight for a few thousand less treasure, the community is back to flourishing in a way I haven't seen since I joined, bringing us closer. This set of poles and research are entirely organized by the community to promote it's well-being and interests in a calm manner to reach what we all hope for. These smaller parts that slipped by are what are dragging this down since the few can make their voices large on the internet. While their voice does need to be listened to, especially about the changing of what we already had, many are making these call outs for their friends.

I know that by the end of this the site will be better, since I'm certain the dev's will listen to us, that's why we love you guys so much. You always listen and interact. After a bit of fine tuning and some talking with the community, you'll do the best you can do to bring this update to life, and once again remind us why we always come back to this unique site. While we may be angry and complaining now, we still respect you guys and believe you'll make the right choice. Thank you for all your years of hard work, I'm sure I speak for us all when I say we look forward to what comes in the future.
Sorry for yet another long response ~Grunty
Anon, Eye Poll 3
1. The staff had some great ideas, and seemed really psyched about the new dragon feature. However, part of me feel like they should've just treated it as a Quaternary Gene in the end. I really appreciate what they've done for us, but I wish we could've received at least a small head up about such a drastic change. I don't in any way intend to shame the staff because they put so much effort and heart in to this. Even though this will mess up some of my breeding projects and has tweaked some of my dragons, I'd never consider leaving the site. I just wish they'd get our input on changes more.

2. My sensitivity issue with the multi-gaze (and every now and then the primal plague eyes) comes from a mental 'oddity' where anything that bothers my brain in the sense of it appearing "unnatural" or even "bug-like" will result in me getting a random rash and uncontrollable bouts of itching sensations all over my body.
Anon, Poll 3

I'm sensitive to gore and body horror, and so far I've managed well enough by trying to avoid things that might upset me. My biggest concern is that there's a chance, no matter how small it is, that I'm going to hatch something with Multi-gaze, a design that really disturbs me, and that there's no way for me to prevent it completely. Even though I know I can exalt/sell any Multi-gaze dragons that I hatch, I don't like being in a situation where I'm nervous about hatching a nest. With genes that bother me, I can at the very least choose not to buy/own/breed dragons with them, but with this update, there's no way for me to opt out.

All that aside, I'm really happy that some people love these new aesthetics! I want to be excited about the update, and I'm glad that a lot of people are. I don't personally think the Multi-gaze/Primal eye designs need to be changed--I'm happy for people to do their Shadow/Plague/Earth primal or Multi-gaze thing in their own lairs, and I'd like to do my own non-Multi-gaze thing in mine!
Anon, Poll 3

I feel like eye changes would have worked extremely well if they were instead a line of apparel, like the April Fools eyes but serious.
- Eyes could be equipped to dragons and taken off at will
- Doesn't mess with lore of existing dragons or breeding
- Everyone receives a chest that pops out a random eye
- Retire them there
-Or soft retire, and have primal eye apparel as a festival buy, like the floating flight emblems that I forget the name of.
Anon, Poll 3

I feel like some of the primal eye artwork - considering they are supposed to be the ultimate physical manifestation of a dragon's element - deserves more attention and finesse(for example, the runny Shadow eyes don't seem to suggest the three-dimensional shape of a dragon's face on certain breeds, and plague eyes look like clusters that have simply been pasted onto the face).
Anon, Poll 3

My friend can't stop seeing earth eyes as a sickness. She says it looks more like plague than plague does. The size doesn't make it distinct enough to not look like a horrible eye rash. As an earthy, she's very displeased. I have to agree.
Anon, Poll 3

I actually think retiring the scrolls is a good idea because its a way of rewarding long time players now that fest stuff cycles. However, because of the messed up eye rarity, no one will want to put in the effort to buy a retired item that gives a 0.71% chance of what they want. If they improved the odds it would give players a chance to get they eyes they want while simultaneously making the scroll itself more valuable/ more worthwhile to hoard when retired. I would really like to see this happen.
Anon, Poll 3

The deafening silence from the admins regarding everyone's day one concerns is very, very disheartening. Xhaztol did reply to a few things early in the day and I appreciate that, but that was it. Having a Special Bonus Theme Week around the eyes when there was so much ire was especially tone-deaf.
Andrewsarchus, 5th Anni Thread, page 19

Wow.

Okay.

Was not expecting this.

Well, let's start with the good.

I really enjoy the different tints. I've always hated the default arcane eyes, and wow I'm loving that pastel pink! this is amazing to me! And the different eyes are cool, although I'm more excited about the variety of tints and everything.

And the glowing eyes are awesome, especially since the plague glowing eyes look like a meme, lol.

But... that's about it with the good.

Why would I be upset at all? Well, for the simple fact that we literally have no control of this.

The difference between this and a hated gene is that I can control if my dragon has a gene I don't like. I really hate the gene Hypnotic, for example. Hurts my eyes. So I choose not to have it. And I don't have to worry about dragons I breed having hypnotic.

But this? There is a chance that my hatchlings will have 27987142 eyes, which... I really don't want. Sure, there are going to be people who will love that, but I certainly don't. Not only that, but I know people who are literally grossed out by multiple eyes and will vomit by looking at this. Why do they have to suffer, worrying about whether their newest batch of hatchlings will have eyes that make them physically ill?

And then, of course, imagine have a dream dragon that you've been working towards for years... only to be ruined by bug eyes.

Don't get me wrong, I'm excited! I like this variety of eyes! But I would have rather preferred more control over the matter. This would have been better treated like a gene, the ability to give your dragon the eyes, rather than a chance that your dragons will be born with weird eyes.

That being said, I know it's already been implemented, so it'll be hard to change. So I'm not asking for the developers to change it to a gene. Rather, I ask yoou guys, the developers, to at least provide us with a vial that will turn any dragon's eyes to basic. So that way, if I have a dragon with eyes I don't want, I can change it. I don't have to worry about my dream dragon being stuck with weird eyes I don't want.

That being said, this is a neat surprise, and I'm nonetheless happy, I would just like to ensure that we will have that option of changing to common if we wanted.
POLL RESULTS

From the Final Poll

Q1: Which Flight are you in?
Light - 17.1%
Wind - 11.4%
Shadow - 10.7%
Ice - 10.3%
Lightning - 9.8%
Nature - 9.6%
Plague - 8.5%
Arcane - 8.2%
Fire - 5%
Water - 4.8%
Earth - 4.6%

With minor tweaks/specific changes, I'll like it - 32.6%
I love some, hate some - 21.4%
I like it - 17.4%
I love it - 14.8%
Indifferent - 5.5%
I don't like it - 2.8%
I hate it - 2.1%

Other responses expressed that it was executed badly. Specific comments mentioned art being 'sloppy' and that the lack of response from staff was disappointing.

I believe the update is flawed - 62.3%
I'm tired of/worried about the silence from the FR Team - 61%
I'm tired of the melodrama - 44%
I don't think the eyes are as important as people are making it sound ("they're RUINED!") - 43.4%
I don't want my efforts getting scattersights to be wasted - 36.5%
I'm frustrated with the community - 30.2%
I feel people are nitpicking on the issues in this update - 22.6%
I'd like to just grind my scattersights in peace - 20.3%
People are asking for changes I don't want - 19.6%
I'm tired of talking about the eyes - 19.4%
I am very upset by this situation - 19%
I'm infuriated about the update - 13.9%
I'm confused about the update and/or community reaction - 13.2%
I am considering leaving the game (perm or temp) - 11.4%
I'm scared because of this situation - 7.7%
I'm becoming sick/ill because of this situation - 7.5%
I'm not experiencing any of these - 0.9%
I'm experiencing all of these - 0.4%

Other comments expressed that they were unable to get the eyes due to a lack of implementation for older dragons, general sadness at the reaction of the community, and burnout from grinding for the scattersights. (May be extended in the future.)

Q4: What are your main issues with this update?

The odds from scattersight are ridiculous - 63.3%
The scattersight was poorly implemented - 56.6%
I don't have time to get the scattersights I need - 48.6%
I can't get the common eyes back - 47.7%
I think the update was rushed (errors in multigaze, weird choices) - 47.3%
The melodrama - 41.8%
I can't get the original eyes back - 32.9%
One of my older dragons has strange/unfitting eyes - 18.1%
I am experiencing body horror from one of the eyes and can't opt out - 8.5%
I have no issues - 3.2%
All of these - 2.3%

Q5: Select the proposed solutions you believe should happen.

Don't retire the scattersight - 61%
Add a new item to perform a similiar function to scattersight - 51.2%
Changing the way people acquire Multigaze/Primal/Faceted - 50%
Change common eyes to original - 39.1%
Changing the design of Multigaze - 23.5%
Changing the design of Light Primal - 17.6%
Changing the design of Plague Primal - 17.3%
Changing the design of Earth Primal - 11.7%
Changing the design of any of the eyes - 9.3%
I don't want any of these changes - 8%
Changing the design of Shadow Primal - 6.2%
Other (unspecified) - 3.7%
I don't care either way - 3.6%
I want all of these changes - 0.5%

Other comments offered changing the odds of scattersight as the most common suggestion. One unique comment suggested adding a second set of primal eyes, alongside improving the odds.

Q6: Select the proposed solutions you believe should NOT happen.

Changing the design of shadow primal - 43.8%
Changing the design of Plague primal - 28.7%
Changing the design of Earth Primal - 28.3%
Changing the design of Light Primal - 27.1%
Changing the design of any of the eyes - 24.9%
Changing the design of Multigaze - 23.1%
Don't retire the scattersight - 22.9%
Changing the way people acquire Multigaze/Primal/Faceted - 18.3%
Add a new item to perform a similar function to Scattersight - 15.9%
I don't care either way - 13.9%
I don't want any of these changes to happen - 4%
I want all these changes to happen - 1.4%

Other comments were heavily mixed, and frequently completely opposed each other. Generally speaking, people expressed the opinion that some changes they indicated would negatively affect parts of the community which they were not a part of themselves.

From the Biased Poll

Q1:Which flight are you in?
Light - 16%
Wind - 11.2%
Shadow - 10.8%
Ice - 10%
Plague - 9.8%
Lightning - 9.7%
Arcane, Nature - 8.5%
Water - 6%
Fire - 5%
Earth - 4.4%

I like it - 31.2%
I love some, hate some - 30.6%
I love it - 21%
Indifferent - 6.2%
'Other' - 5%
I don't like it - 3.9%
I hate it - 2.1%

I don't think the eyes are as important as people make them out to be ("they're RUINED!") - 52.8%
I believe the update is flawed - 52.4%
I'm tired of/worried about the silence from the FR Team - 51.4%
I'm tired of the melodrama - 50.9%
I don't want my efforts getting scattersights to be wasted - 39.7%
I feel people are nitpicking on the issues in this update - 36.6%
I'd like to just grind my scattersights in peace - 29.7%
I'm tired of talking about the eyes - 25.2%
People are asking for changes I don't want - 19.5%

Other responses felt that the staff silence is 'rude' or are only mildly worried about it, and others don't like specific aspects of the update.

Q4: Which of these proposed solutions are you against?

Changing the design of shadow primal - 41%
Changing the design of light primal - 33.5%
Changing the design of plague primal - 31.6%
Don't retire the scattersight - 31.2%
Changing the design of earth primal - 28.9%
Changing the way people acquire Multigaze/Faceted/Primal - 28.7%
Add a new item to perform a similiar function to the scattersight - 28.1%
Change common eyes to original - 22%
I don't want any of these changes - 8.9%

Others expressed varying opinions on what could be acceptable solutions and what kinds of things they don't want and why; these have been taken into account, and are being slowly read through.

From the Third Poll

Gathered from 255 responses.

Q1 - Which flight are you in?

Light - 18%
Wind - 11.8%
Ice - 9.8%
Shadow - 9.4%
Arcane, Nature, Lightning - 8.2%
Earth - 7.1%
Plague, Fire - 6.7%
Water - 5.9%

Q2 - How long have you been on FR?

Since 2014 - 22.4%
Since 2015 - 24.8%
Since 2016 - 17.7%
Since 2017 - 13.8%
Since 2013 - 12.6%
This year - 6.7%
Since Kickstarter - 2%

Q3 - How do you feel about the eye types?

I think it was executed badly but like the idea - 34.1%
I love it, I like it - 21.2%
I love some, hate some - 13.3%
I hate it - 2.7%
I'm indifferent - 2.4%
I dislike it - 2%
Not sure how I feel yet - 1.6%

4 additional votes have the general concept of "There is one aspect I particularly dislike/the vial shouldn't retire" (at least, that's what I gather from it).

Q4 - Which eye type is your favourite?

Depends on the Dragon - 50%
Primal - 39.8%
Rare - 33.1%
Glowing - 29.9%
Original - 26.8%
Multi-gaze - 22.8%
Faceted - 19.7%
Unusual - 13.4%
Uncommon - 7.9%
Common - 7.1%
All of them - 4.7%
Don't know yet - 1.6%
None of them - 0.4%

Additional votes described it as depending on the flight, depending on the dragon, liking only specific primal eyes, and generally being unable to choose.

Q5 - Which eye type is your least favourite?

Multi-gaze - 37.7%
Depends on the dragon - 34.5%
Primal - 24.6%
Faceted - 22.6%
Glowing - 11.5%
Common, Uncommon - 10.7%
Don't know yet - 9.5%
None of them - 7.5%
Unusual - 7.1%
Rare - 4%
Original - 1.6%

The majority of the other votes indicated that Plague Primal was their least favourite eye type. Others generally indicated Plague and shadow primal, multigaze, and specific primal eye types.

Q6 - Which of the following changes do you like best?

Have 'revert to common' item - 82%
Don't retire the Scattersight item - 70.6%
Change common to original - 31.4%
Change Plague primal and/or multigaze - 12.5%
Add 'no body horror' button - 11.8%
Add 'display as original' button - 11%
Keep everything as is - 4.3%

Other votes indicated a desire to see common stay and the originals return as well, see multigaze become a baldwin item rather than/as well as a breeding result, add more 'vial of x sight' items, and other similar alterations.

Q7 - What is your biggest issue with this update?

I can't revert to common - 43.5%
I can't get the eyes I want easily enough - 39.6%
I can't get the original eyes back - 29.8%
I feel insulted/upset by the fact that the original eyes were changed without warning - 27.8%
The eye colour has screwed with my dragons(lemon light eyes, weird/'soulless') - 22.7%
I'm sensitive to body horror from Plague Primal - 13.3%
I have no issues with this update - 9%
I'm sensitive to body horror from multigaze - 7.8%

Other votes, of which there were quite a few, indicated that people felt upset by the lack of time and warning to change their dragons, and the decision to make the items so drastically limited. Some indicate that all of the above issues are troubling them, and yet others inidicated a lack of control over their dragon's eyes was the main issue they had.

From the Second Poll

Gathered around 145 responses.

Which flight are you in?
Light - 21.4%
Wind - 13.1%
Arcane, Ice, Shadow, Nature - 9%
Plague, Lightning, Earth, Fire - 6.2%
Water - 4.8%

How long have you been on FR?
Since 2014 - 23.6%
Since 2015 - 20.8%
Since 2016 - 19.4%
Since 2017 - 13.9%
This year - 6.9%
Kickstarter - 1.4%

How do you feel about the eye types?

Major:
I like it - 33.1%
I love it - 31%
I dislike it, not sure how I feel yet - 9%
I'm indifferent - 5.5%
I hate it - 1.4%

Minor:
Like some, Hate some - 3
Like the concept, hate the execution - 2

Which type is your favourite?

Primal - 20.8%
Original - 17.4%
Rare - 11.1%
Multi-gaze - 10.4%
Faceted - 9%
Glowing - 6.9%
Unusual - 4.2%
Common - 3.5%
Uncommon - 2.1%

Depends - 2
Original - 3
Some of the primals - 4
Glowing - 1
Multigaze - 1

Which is your least favourite?

Multi-gaze - 41%
Primal - 9.7%
Faceted - 9%
Common - 7.6%
Uncommon - 6.9%
Glowing - 5.6%
Original - 3.5%
Unusual - 1.4%

Hate multigaze & Plague Primal - 2
Indifferent/no dislikes - 3
Dislike tints - 3
Dislike all - 2
Plague primal - 5
Shadow primal - 1
Faceted - 1
Depends - 6
Multigaze and primal - 1

Which of the following solutions do you like best?

Have 'revert to common' item - 35.2%
Don't retire the Scattersight item - 24.8%
Change common to original - 10.3%
Add no body horror button - 4.1%
Keep as is - 2.8%
Add display as original button - 2.1%

Scattersight kept & revert to common item - 6 votes
Scattersight kept, revert to common item, and add original eyes back in/switch common to original - 7 votes

From the First Poll

Gathered from 129 responses.

Q1: how long have you been on FR?

Kickstarter - 2.04%
2013 - 7.14%
2014 - 25.51%
2015 - 26.53%
2016 - 15.31%
2017 - 16.33%
This year - 7.14%

Q2: Which flight are you in?

Arcane - 6.06%
Fire - 5.05%
Water - 4.04%
Earth - 6.06%
Nature - 10.10%
Plague - 3.03%
Shadow 4.04%
Lightning - 13.13%
Light - 23.23%
Ice - 13.13%
Wind - 12.12%

Q3: How do you feel, overall, about the Eye Types?

I love it - 52.04%
I'm indifferent - 14.29%
I hate it - 9.18%
Other (comments coming soon) - 24.49%

Q4: Which of the following are your favourite?

The original eyes - 41.41%
Common - 23.23%
Uncommon - 25.25%
Unusual - 30.30%
Rare - 42.42%
Primal - 46.46%
Faceted - 23.23%
Multi-gaze - 22.22%
Glowing - 38.38%
I can't choose (comments coming soon) - 9.09%

Q5: Which of the following are your least favourite?

The original eyes - 5.26%
Common - 12.63%
Uncommon - 12.63%
Unusual - 4.21%
Rare - 5.26%
Primal - 27.37%
Faceted - 20%
Multi-gaze - 54.74%
Glowing - 9.47%
I can't choose (comments coming soon) - 10.53%

Q6: Which of these solutions do you like best?

Don't retire the scattersight - 50.51%
Have a 'revert to common' item - 74.75%
Change common to original - 27.27%
Remove eyes altogether - 2.02%
Add 'display as original' button - 9.095
Add 'no body horror' button (for plague/shadow primal, multigaze, etc) - 14.14%
Keep everything as is - 8.08%
Other (comments coming soon) - 10.10%

Eye-catching Comments
Here, I've added what I believe to be some of the most clear, concise, and well-written comments, as well as ones which people personally asked me to add. These were drawn from my polls, posts in the forums, and the 5th Anniversary thread(s). I have not added all the comments I drew from my polls here, and other comments can be found in each poll's respective thread.

Grunty, Eye Poll 3
I'm gonna try summing this up from as many views as I can. The concept of new eyes is certainly interesting and with time we would have learned to like it, but the changes that were happening not only happened with no warning, but changed what we already had. For the longest time many of use thought this impossible and that if it were to happen we would have word ahead of time and a voice in the decision. If the originals were kept and the new types added without change, acceptance would have been much higher as some players wouldn't feel almost 'betrayed' as a few have explained.

It was only recently that the effects the body gore would have on squeamish people was brought to my attention. With plague's primal, this is incredibly difficult as they are the flight of disease and in some aspects gore. With multi eye, it would have been kind of difficult ahead of time to tell that it would effect people this much so I I view it as a simple mistake on the devs' part. While it does need to be considered and maybe fine tuned in the future, it can be rather hard and almost impossible to cater to everyone's wants and interests, guaranteeing that some players will be left dissatisfied. This is also seen with light's primal eyes.

Limitation is the next point here as it has it's ups and downs. This helps with adding an extra sense of value and accomplishment when you finally get exactly what you want, but not everyone is patient and more often than not, the rich man sings. People don't always want to carefully earn what they want and instead buy it flat out which is where retirement causes problems. If someone who wants no faceted eyes in their lair hatches their dream derg with fauceted, then it's back to the drawing boards with who knows how long of a wait. That retirement of scattersight can remove the sense of accomplishment from each side and what ever lays in between, especially when the retirement is a mere three days after it's coming.

This is where I rest on the fence as partial retirement to either the marketplace, baldwin's or a thriving appearance in Night of the Nocs would keep the item and economy of the scatters alive, while not making it the easy method it is now via farming. Overall though, I love this update. It revitalized what Flight Rising is all about. We have hundreds of new ways to customize our dragons and social interaction has grown through it. Whether it's working with a friend to get the perfect eyes for a hatchery or bartering with a stranger to sell you that Scattersight for a few thousand less treasure, the community is back to flourishing in a way I haven't seen since I joined, bringing us closer. This set of poles and research are entirely organized by the community to promote it's well-being and interests in a calm manner to reach what we all hope for. These smaller parts that slipped by are what are dragging this down since the few can make their voices large on the internet. While their voice does need to be listened to, especially about the changing of what we already had, many are making these call outs for their friends.

I know that by the end of this the site will be better, since I'm certain the dev's will listen to us, that's why we love you guys so much. You always listen and interact. After a bit of fine tuning and some talking with the community, you'll do the best you can do to bring this update to life, and once again remind us why we always come back to this unique site. While we may be angry and complaining now, we still respect you guys and believe you'll make the right choice. Thank you for all your years of hard work, I'm sure I speak for us all when I say we look forward to what comes in the future.
Sorry for yet another long response ~Grunty
Anon, Eye Poll 3
1. The staff had some great ideas, and seemed really psyched about the new dragon feature. However, part of me feel like they should've just treated it as a Quaternary Gene in the end. I really appreciate what they've done for us, but I wish we could've received at least a small head up about such a drastic change. I don't in any way intend to shame the staff because they put so much effort and heart in to this. Even though this will mess up some of my breeding projects and has tweaked some of my dragons, I'd never consider leaving the site. I just wish they'd get our input on changes more.

2. My sensitivity issue with the multi-gaze (and every now and then the primal plague eyes) comes from a mental 'oddity' where anything that bothers my brain in the sense of it appearing "unnatural" or even "bug-like" will result in me getting a random rash and uncontrollable bouts of itching sensations all over my body.
Anon, Poll 3

I'm sensitive to gore and body horror, and so far I've managed well enough by trying to avoid things that might upset me. My biggest concern is that there's a chance, no matter how small it is, that I'm going to hatch something with Multi-gaze, a design that really disturbs me, and that there's no way for me to prevent it completely. Even though I know I can exalt/sell any Multi-gaze dragons that I hatch, I don't like being in a situation where I'm nervous about hatching a nest. With genes that bother me, I can at the very least choose not to buy/own/breed dragons with them, but with this update, there's no way for me to opt out.

All that aside, I'm really happy that some people love these new aesthetics! I want to be excited about the update, and I'm glad that a lot of people are. I don't personally think the Multi-gaze/Primal eye designs need to be changed--I'm happy for people to do their Shadow/Plague/Earth primal or Multi-gaze thing in their own lairs, and I'd like to do my own non-Multi-gaze thing in mine!
Anon, Poll 3

I feel like eye changes would have worked extremely well if they were instead a line of apparel, like the April Fools eyes but serious.
- Eyes could be equipped to dragons and taken off at will
- Doesn't mess with lore of existing dragons or breeding
- Everyone receives a chest that pops out a random eye
- Retire them there
-Or soft retire, and have primal eye apparel as a festival buy, like the floating flight emblems that I forget the name of.
Anon, Poll 3

I feel like some of the primal eye artwork - considering they are supposed to be the ultimate physical manifestation of a dragon's element - deserves more attention and finesse(for example, the runny Shadow eyes don't seem to suggest the three-dimensional shape of a dragon's face on certain breeds, and plague eyes look like clusters that have simply been pasted onto the face).
Anon, Poll 3

My friend can't stop seeing earth eyes as a sickness. She says it looks more like plague than plague does. The size doesn't make it distinct enough to not look like a horrible eye rash. As an earthy, she's very displeased. I have to agree.
Anon, Poll 3

I actually think retiring the scrolls is a good idea because its a way of rewarding long time players now that fest stuff cycles. However, because of the messed up eye rarity, no one will want to put in the effort to buy a retired item that gives a 0.71% chance of what they want. If they improved the odds it would give players a chance to get they eyes they want while simultaneously making the scroll itself more valuable/ more worthwhile to hoard when retired. I would really like to see this happen.
Anon, Poll 3

The deafening silence from the admins regarding everyone's day one concerns is very, very disheartening. Xhaztol did reply to a few things early in the day and I appreciate that, but that was it. Having a Special Bonus Theme Week around the eyes when there was so much ire was especially tone-deaf.
Andrewsarchus, 5th Anni Thread, page 19

Wow.

Okay.

Was not expecting this.

Well, let's start with the good.

I really enjoy the different tints. I've always hated the default arcane eyes, and wow I'm loving that pastel pink! this is amazing to me! And the different eyes are cool, although I'm more excited about the variety of tints and everything.

And the glowing eyes are awesome, especially since the plague glowing eyes look like a meme, lol.

But... that's about it with the good.

Why would I be upset at all? Well, for the simple fact that we literally have no control of this.

The difference between this and a hated gene is that I can control if my dragon has a gene I don't like. I really hate the gene Hypnotic, for example. Hurts my eyes. So I choose not to have it. And I don't have to worry about dragons I breed having hypnotic.

But this? There is a chance that my hatchlings will have 27987142 eyes, which... I really don't want. Sure, there are going to be people who will love that, but I certainly don't. Not only that, but I know people who are literally grossed out by multiple eyes and will vomit by looking at this. Why do they have to suffer, worrying about whether their newest batch of hatchlings will have eyes that make them physically ill?

And then, of course, imagine have a dream dragon that you've been working towards for years... only to be ruined by bug eyes.

Don't get me wrong, I'm excited! I like this variety of eyes! But I would have rather preferred more control over the matter. This would have been better treated like a gene, the ability to give your dragon the eyes, rather than a chance that your dragons will be born with weird eyes.

That being said, I know it's already been implemented, so it'll be hard to change. So I'm not asking for the developers to change it to a gene. Rather, I ask yoou guys, the developers, to at least provide us with a vial that will turn any dragon's eyes to basic. So that way, if I have a dragon with eyes I don't want, I can change it. I don't have to worry about my dream dragon being stuck with weird eyes I don't want.

That being said, this is a neat surprise, and I'm nonetheless happy, I would just like to ensure that we will have that option of changing to common if we wanted.
DHc3orZ.png
Glimmer & Gloom Guides
Hard:
V Hard:

e1P0V4T.png
10p7wif.gif
lair completion quest
Dragon sales/giveaways
Dragon Dresser shop!
[center][size=4] Some Links to Related Threads[/size] [size=2] [u] [b][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2457301]Important Announcement[/url][/b][/u] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/sug/2453391]Add a Toggle feature[/url] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2453546]New eyes Ref sheet[/url] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2452405]Why Light eyes?[/url] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2452864]Ruined Eyes Support Group[/url] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/art/2453091]User offering to get an image of former eyes[/url] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2453207]Plague Primal Protection Squad[/url] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2452536]All Eye Types displayed on Spiral Hatchlings[/url] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/drs/2453677/1]Another ruined dragon thread[/url] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2452488]Scatter and Born dragon eye rate[/url] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/drs/2452982]The Eyes Bonus Theme Week[/url] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/ann/2452352]The 5th Anniversary Thread[/url] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2457166]Thread linking to Old eyes stuff[/url] [/size] [size=4]Links to extra info[/size] [size=2] [url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Body_horror]What is body horror?[/url] [Url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sclera]Sclera?[/url] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/sug/2455928#post_2455928]Alight's Compilation Thread (thanks for linking this suggestions thread!)[/url] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2455740]PSA: People see colours differently[/url] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2459478#post_2459478]Vials Price Tracking[/url] [/size] [size=4]Quotes from the Developers/Admins since the Update, On the Update[/size] [size=2]I'm adding these for those of us who want to know what's going on from the developers themselves. I may remove this in the future, but for now, I'd like to gather it in a centralized place for the comfort and analysis of those who feel confused and lost by the lack of reaction from the staff. Please note that the 5th anniversary thread has been locked, so I cannot quote it appropriately. I have not added bug fix responses or non-complaints to this part of the post, as they are unrelated to the suggestions thread.[/size] ----- NEW: Xhaztol (5th anni thread closed permanently) "Hey everyone. We've made the choice to lock this thread indefinitely as the discussion has devolved into rule-breaking territory. As @/Aequorin stated in her post earlier today, insults and abusive posts are not behaviors we tolerate in the Flight Rising forums. " NEW: Aequorin being the answers we're all looking for (again, thanks Aequorin <3) [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2457173/10#post_33628886]Click here for the original post.[/url] "Hey all, so while I can't dig into anything brought up regarding the event at the moment, I can assure you that we are reading and we are discussing your feedback. A few things I have to note about our policies and moderation. Moderation happens for a reason and we don't allow discussion on it. Please send us a message through Contact Us if you have feedback about forum moderation. You may not get a personalized reply, but we do read your messages. Regarding threads discussing the anniversary, how you feel about it, what you disagree with, what you wanted to see, or what your concerns are - these are all fine. They're good, your feedback is how we improve the game. It's when threads start getting directed at staff, we tread into territory that's covered by our feedback policy. [quote] The Flight Rising website is for entertainment purposes, it is a game and a space for players to relax and enjoy. However, for Flight Rising employees, the website is their virtual workspace or office. What this means is: Stormlight Workshop, LLC has the obligation to ensure that their employees are able be present on and engage with the Flight Rising website free from harassment or targeting. For this reason, discussion of our rules, policies, or employees on the Flight Rising website is not permitted. [/quote] We're going to err on the side of caution when that happens. This is why threads or discussions directed at the team are generally removed. Hang in there a bit longer, we're reading and discussing everything that's been said. Thank you! [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/390202/39020157.png[/img]" Some answers from Aequorin (thank you so much for the response to the uproar): [quote name="Aequorin" date="2018-06-10 10:27:01" ] Hello everyone! As a heads up, this thread has been cleaned up a bit. To reiterate what was said in the opening post and what Mutron confirmed earlier in this thread: The Vials of Scattersight will not be collectible through the Coliseum or Baldwin after rollover tonight (June 10, 2018) but existing Vials will remain in your Hoard waiting to be used or sold to other players at your discretion. (If you start a Baldwin brew before rollover, you will still be able to collect it after!) We have also received some questions regarding Vial of Glowing Sight: this item is a permanent fixture in the Marketplace, so you do not have to rush in buying these, they'll stick around! With regards to the update to the old common eye artwork: The previous default/Common dragon eyes did not share a standardized coloration across breeds. In adding new tints with the Eye Types update, we found it necessary to fix that standardization so that they were more easily distinguished from one another. As we've stated in the past that there will be times where we will make the decision to update or refresh official artwork as needed for both style and game-play reasons, and this remains to be the case. We recognize that this is something we normally include within the 'Additional Updates' section at the end of a content post and that leaving it out caused a bit of confusion. We apologize for that. Regarding feedback, we have seen posts that are constructive and posts that are abusive. For those participating in the former, we thank you for taking the time to express and share your feelings with us. With that said, we will not consider any suggestions, feedback, or discussions that are vitriolic or abusive in nature, be it directed at us or your fellow players. While we appreciate your passion for your dragons and our game and while we understand your dragons mean a great deal to you, it is not okay to cross the line into abuse - in any game, towards any team of developers, or with any community. This thread has been unlocked; however, when discussing ideas or points of view, please take care to be civil and respectful to those you disagree with - this goes for everyone. If this thread returns to the direction it was in prior to the lock, it will be locked again and permanently. [/quote] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/ann/2452352/16#post_33542202]In response to this:[/url] Xhaztol wrote: "First of all, thank you for your feedback! We appreciate it. Secondly... SparkyLurkdragon wrote on 2018-06-08 00:34:40: (the fact that the BotE familiar is labelled 2018 implies it will be back) I do want to clarify that Bounty of the Elements is not a recurring event. We added the date in the familiar to point out what year the gift was from. " ----- Xhaztol wrote: _ Thardus wrote on 2018-06-08 00:52:57: This is exciting! Question: Is the "vial of glowing sight" going to be a permanent addition to the gem marketplace, or is it only for a limited time like the "vial of scattersight"? _ Permanent. ----- Mutron wrote: - Bootleg wrote on 2018-06-08 12:19:12: quick question: when it says "These special vials are available only during this event!" does that mean that theyll all disappear when the event is over, including unused ones still in the hoard (like the chests in NOTN) or will the ones already in people's hoards stay? - Don't worry, they will not disintegrate like Nocturne chests! The Baldwin recipes and Coliseum loot drops will just not be available later. ----- Aequorin wrote, June 9, 2018: "This thread is now locked for a time-out. Vitriol, name-calling, and fighting is never okay. If you have constructive feedback or suggestions regarding eye types, please send us a message through Contact Us. This thread will be unlocked tomorrow, June 10th. Thank you. " ----- As a side note: Undel has not replied to any threads related to the newest update. Aequorin has been working hard to keep things calm, as far as I can see. Kaepora and Mutron have been hard at work squashing bugs, and have not commented on the update itself. Xhaztol has been most vocal about the update so far, and was the main responder in the 5th anniversary thread before it was initially closed. ToxieToxie has been (quietly) working hard in the forums. On threads being removed: There are several reasons that threads are being removed. I've listed the following below as ones officially stated by the staff/mods. -Users 'devolving' into infighting/name-calling/etc (not allowed by FR's Forum Rules) -Discussion of moderation (Breaks Stormlight's agreement with their employees(?), deleted to avoid personal attacks on mods/staff) -'Open letter' threads (I have been informed that these are being deleted pre-emptively, even without breaking any forum rules, because all previous ones have ended up breaking forum rules.)
Some Links to Related Threads

Important Announcement

Add a Toggle feature

New eyes Ref sheet

Why Light eyes?

Ruined Eyes Support Group

User offering to get an image of former eyes

Plague Primal Protection Squad

All Eye Types displayed on Spiral Hatchlings

Another ruined dragon thread

Scatter and Born dragon eye rate

The Eyes Bonus Theme Week

The 5th Anniversary Thread

Thread linking to Old eyes stuff

Links to extra info

What is body horror?

Sclera?

Alight's Compilation Thread (thanks for linking this suggestions thread!)

PSA: People see colours differently

Vials Price Tracking

Quotes from the Developers/Admins since the Update, On the Update
I'm adding these for those of us who want to know what's going on from the developers themselves. I may remove this in the future, but for now, I'd like to gather it in a centralized place for the comfort and analysis of those who feel confused and lost by the lack of reaction from the staff. Please note that the 5th anniversary thread has been locked, so I cannot quote it appropriately.

I have not added bug fix responses or non-complaints to this part of the post, as they are unrelated to the suggestions thread.

NEW: Xhaztol (5th anni thread closed permanently)
"Hey everyone.

We've made the choice to lock this thread indefinitely as the discussion has devolved into rule-breaking territory. As @/Aequorin stated in her post earlier today, insults and abusive posts are not behaviors we tolerate in the Flight Rising forums. "

NEW: Aequorin being the answers we're all looking for (again, thanks Aequorin <3)

Click here for the original post.

"Hey all, so while I can't dig into anything brought up regarding the event at the moment, I can assure you that we are reading and we are discussing your feedback.

A few things I have to note about our policies and moderation.

Moderation happens for a reason and we don't allow discussion on it. Please send us a message through Contact Us if you have feedback about forum moderation. You may not get a personalized reply, but we do read your messages.

Regarding threads discussing the anniversary, how you feel about it, what you disagree with, what you wanted to see, or what your concerns are - these are all fine. They're good, your feedback is how we improve the game.

It's when threads start getting directed at staff, we tread into territory that's covered by our feedback policy.
Quote:
The Flight Rising website is for entertainment purposes, it is a game and a space for players to relax and enjoy. However, for Flight Rising employees, the website is their virtual workspace or office.

What this means is: Stormlight Workshop, LLC has the obligation to ensure that their employees are able be present on and engage with the Flight Rising website free from harassment or targeting.

For this reason, discussion of our rules, policies, or employees on the Flight Rising website is not permitted.
We're going to err on the side of caution when that happens. This is why threads or discussions directed at the team are generally removed.

Hang in there a bit longer, we're reading and discussing everything that's been said.

Thank you!

39020157.png"

Some answers from Aequorin (thank you so much for the response to the uproar):
Aequorin wrote on 2018-06-10 10:27:01:
Hello everyone! As a heads up, this thread has been cleaned up a bit.

To reiterate what was said in the opening post and what Mutron confirmed earlier in this thread:

The Vials of Scattersight will not be collectible through the Coliseum or Baldwin after rollover tonight (June 10, 2018) but existing Vials will remain in your Hoard waiting to be used or sold to other players at your discretion. (If you start a Baldwin brew before rollover, you will still be able to collect it after!)

We have also received some questions regarding Vial of Glowing Sight: this item is a permanent fixture in the Marketplace, so you do not have to rush in buying these, they'll stick around!

With regards to the update to the old common eye artwork:

The previous default/Common dragon eyes did not share a standardized coloration across breeds. In adding new tints with the Eye Types update, we found it necessary to fix that standardization so that they were more easily distinguished from one another. As we've stated in the past that there will be times where we will make the decision to update or refresh official artwork as needed for both style and game-play reasons, and this remains to be the case.

We recognize that this is something we normally include within the 'Additional Updates' section at the end of a content post and that leaving it out caused a bit of confusion. We apologize for that.

Regarding feedback, we have seen posts that are constructive and posts that are abusive. For those participating in the former, we thank you for taking the time to express and share your feelings with us.

With that said, we will not consider any suggestions, feedback, or discussions that are vitriolic or abusive in nature, be it directed at us or your fellow players. While we appreciate your passion for your dragons and our game and while we understand your dragons mean a great deal to you, it is not okay to cross the line into abuse - in any game, towards any team of developers, or with any community.

This thread has been unlocked; however, when discussing ideas or points of view, please take care to be civil and respectful to those you disagree with - this goes for everyone. If this thread returns to the direction it was in prior to the lock, it will be locked again and permanently.

In response to this:

Xhaztol wrote:
"First of all, thank you for your feedback! We appreciate it. Secondly...
SparkyLurkdragon wrote on 2018-06-08 00:34:40:
(the fact that the BotE familiar is labelled 2018 implies it will be back)

I do want to clarify that Bounty of the Elements is not a recurring event. We added the date in the familiar to point out what year the gift was from. "
Xhaztol wrote:
_
Thardus wrote on 2018-06-08 00:52:57:

This is exciting! Question: Is the "vial of glowing sight" going to be a permanent addition to the gem marketplace, or is it only for a limited time like the "vial of scattersight"?
_

Permanent.
Mutron wrote:

-
Bootleg wrote on 2018-06-08 12:19:12:
quick question: when it says "These special vials are available only during this event!" does that mean that theyll all disappear when the event is over, including unused ones still in the hoard (like the chests in NOTN) or will the ones already in people's hoards stay?
-

Don't worry, they will not disintegrate like Nocturne chests! The Baldwin recipes and Coliseum loot drops will just not be available later.
Aequorin wrote, June 9, 2018:
"This thread is now locked for a time-out. Vitriol, name-calling, and fighting is never okay.

If you have constructive feedback or suggestions regarding eye types, please send us a message through Contact Us.

This thread will be unlocked tomorrow, June 10th. Thank you. "

As a side note:
Undel has not replied to any threads related to the newest update.
Aequorin has been working hard to keep things calm, as far as I can see.
Kaepora and Mutron have been hard at work squashing bugs, and have not commented on the update itself.
Xhaztol has been most vocal about the update so far, and was the main responder in the 5th anniversary thread before it was initially closed.
ToxieToxie has been (quietly) working hard in the forums.

On threads being removed:

There are several reasons that threads are being removed. I've listed the following below as ones officially stated by the staff/mods.

-Users 'devolving' into infighting/name-calling/etc (not allowed by FR's Forum Rules)
-Discussion of moderation (Breaks Stormlight's agreement with their employees(?), deleted to avoid personal attacks on mods/staff)
-'Open letter' threads (I have been informed that these are being deleted pre-emptively, even without breaking any forum rules, because all previous ones have ended up breaking forum rules.)
DHc3orZ.png
Glimmer & Gloom Guides
Hard:
V Hard:

e1P0V4T.png
10p7wif.gif
lair completion quest
Dragon sales/giveaways
Dragon Dresser shop!
copy-pasting my idea for individual users being able to turn off the eyes showing up for them:
Quote:
account settings:

toggle hide/show multigaze

toggle hide/show individual primal eyes (u choose which ones to hide)

u can also choose which eye color u see instead (choose from common, uncommon, unusual, rare)

if u hatch a derg with eyes u are hiding, u wont see them as what they really are but users not using the filter will see them as they are

the true eye type will be listed in the gene list
another one:

account settings:
Quote:
toggle multigaze can show up or not in hatchings (nests and eggs)

toggle individual primal eye types showing up in hatchings (u can choose that ones that dont gross u out can show up while ones that do wont show up)

so if u turn off multigaze and hatch 1 million eggs, none of them will have the multigaze gene

if u turn off the plague and shadow primals but leave the rest on, and then hatch 1 million eggs from each flight, none of the shadow or plague eggs will have primal but u will end up with some primals from other elements

i dont support anything that makes it harder to get primal and multigaze and i would like to be able to breed my common eye dragons and potentially get primal and multigaze
copy-pasting my idea for individual users being able to turn off the eyes showing up for them:
Quote:
account settings:

toggle hide/show multigaze

toggle hide/show individual primal eyes (u choose which ones to hide)

u can also choose which eye color u see instead (choose from common, uncommon, unusual, rare)

if u hatch a derg with eyes u are hiding, u wont see them as what they really are but users not using the filter will see them as they are

the true eye type will be listed in the gene list
another one:

account settings:
Quote:
toggle multigaze can show up or not in hatchings (nests and eggs)

toggle individual primal eye types showing up in hatchings (u can choose that ones that dont gross u out can show up while ones that do wont show up)

so if u turn off multigaze and hatch 1 million eggs, none of them will have the multigaze gene

if u turn off the plague and shadow primals but leave the rest on, and then hatch 1 million eggs from each flight, none of the shadow or plague eggs will have primal but u will end up with some primals from other elements

i dont support anything that makes it harder to get primal and multigaze and i would like to be able to breed my common eye dragons and potentially get primal and multigaze
give and get weird ugly soap or stained game game
Give & get space tertiary game
give & get medusa tertiary game
pretty dergs for sale v2 (open) next bargain bin next
wyvern-hatchling-fire-pixel.gif
Not much to add at the moment, it's late and my brain is a bit dead, but I just wanted to say thank you for making this and doing this.
Not much to add at the moment, it's late and my brain is a bit dead, but I just wanted to say thank you for making this and doing this.
lmBVOQT.gif
We know who you are, we know everything about you
And we know where you live, oh, we know where you live...

Art Store
SNH9aOp.gif
@monkfishlover

I've added your ideas in the style of my thread - thank you so much for your contribution! If you have a link to the original thread where you posted this, I would love to see it, as I'm planning on putting some links to related threads here as well.

@ LennyThynn
You're welcome! I'm glad it's useful. ^^ I hope it achieves its' goal, because I know a lot of people are extremely emotional about this change and would like to see their opinions heard.
@monkfishlover

I've added your ideas in the style of my thread - thank you so much for your contribution! If you have a link to the original thread where you posted this, I would love to see it, as I'm planning on putting some links to related threads here as well.

@ LennyThynn
You're welcome! I'm glad it's useful. ^^ I hope it achieves its' goal, because I know a lot of people are extremely emotional about this change and would like to see their opinions heard.
DHc3orZ.png
Glimmer & Gloom Guides
Hard:
V Hard:

e1P0V4T.png
10p7wif.gif
lair completion quest
Dragon sales/giveaways
Dragon Dresser shop!
http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/sug/2453391

its from here

the person who made the thread also suggested the ability to hide the eyes
http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/sug/2453391

its from here

the person who made the thread also suggested the ability to hide the eyes
give and get weird ugly soap or stained game game
Give & get space tertiary game
give & get medusa tertiary game
pretty dergs for sale v2 (open) next bargain bin next
wyvern-hatchling-fire-pixel.gif
Thanks! Adding it to a new component of this thread now.
Thanks! Adding it to a new component of this thread now.
DHc3orZ.png
Glimmer & Gloom Guides
Hard:
V Hard:

e1P0V4T.png
10p7wif.gif
lair completion quest
Dragon sales/giveaways
Dragon Dresser shop!
I'd really like them to stay in Baldwin- mainly because with how busy I am its difficult to coli at the moment and I have some of my dream G1s from before the update. I wouldn't mind if they stayed in the coli either. As well, Progens can't be redone so the only way is to get lucky and get the eyes you want from a scatter before they retire.

Also, at least most of the people I know on here work. So the three days then they're retired is somewhat stressful for the people who can't get on as often as others. I personally have 10 hrs shifts the next three days so I won't be able to get on as often as say someone who doesn't work on the weekend or only works midshifts.

As for the dislikes to some of the eyes- I think an option to opt out of some of them would be the best way to go. So then the people who like them can see them and the people who dislike them don't have to see it.
I'd really like them to stay in Baldwin- mainly because with how busy I am its difficult to coli at the moment and I have some of my dream G1s from before the update. I wouldn't mind if they stayed in the coli either. As well, Progens can't be redone so the only way is to get lucky and get the eyes you want from a scatter before they retire.

Also, at least most of the people I know on here work. So the three days then they're retired is somewhat stressful for the people who can't get on as often as others. I personally have 10 hrs shifts the next three days so I won't be able to get on as often as say someone who doesn't work on the weekend or only works midshifts.

As for the dislikes to some of the eyes- I think an option to opt out of some of them would be the best way to go. So then the people who like them can see them and the people who dislike them don't have to see it.
Thank you very much for making this thread as it really sums up a lot of suggestions nicely. Having the scattersight vials continue being available would be a great option along with a "revert to common" gene available for a low price so as to promote availability.
I also like the "Show as original button" idea as well.
Thank you very much for making this thread as it really sums up a lot of suggestions nicely. Having the scattersight vials continue being available would be a great option along with a "revert to common" gene available for a low price so as to promote availability.
I also like the "Show as original button" idea as well.
kKlgPJ4.png
1 2 3 4 5