Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Primal Plague Eyes (now with art)
1 2 3 4 5
As much as I love gore, I am in plague after all, I don't care for the primal plague eyes and don't want to risk breeding them.

It would have been amazing if plague primal was covered in scars and bone spines instead or something like that with the eyes sill being red (or even blind looking like the rare plague eyes)

Though it's too late to change it now, I hope there are more unique flight eye variations in the future and plague isn't nearly as freaky
As much as I love gore, I am in plague after all, I don't care for the primal plague eyes and don't want to risk breeding them.

It would have been amazing if plague primal was covered in scars and bone spines instead or something like that with the eyes sill being red (or even blind looking like the rare plague eyes)

Though it's too late to change it now, I hope there are more unique flight eye variations in the future and plague isn't nearly as freaky
I don't really mind Plague's eyes being freaky, inherently - they're just so [I]not versatile[/I]. Nature's will look good on any earthy or pale floral tones. Lightning, light, fire? Those are gonna look great on all dark colors. But plague combines two sort of gross colors and asks for a dragon that uses both of them. If it were just the bright green, it would work on darker colored dragons, and if it were just the red, it would fit on a wider variety of flesh tones. As it is... it won't even work on a generic red and green dragon. Hastily pulled together from a random scry. [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=121&bodygene=8&breed=11&element=2&eyetype=6&gender=1&tert=37&tertgene=21&winggene=16&wings=78&auth=792c45e0498da79ffab5b995b92576d46b7793f0&dummyext=prev.png[/img] You need stuff very close to that red/coral and spring/leaf mix. I'm left disappointed that my flight's primal is so unusable. It'll look great on plague skins... but skins won't leave it visible.
I don't really mind Plague's eyes being freaky, inherently - they're just so not versatile. Nature's will look good on any earthy or pale floral tones. Lightning, light, fire? Those are gonna look great on all dark colors. But plague combines two sort of gross colors and asks for a dragon that uses both of them. If it were just the bright green, it would work on darker colored dragons, and if it were just the red, it would fit on a wider variety of flesh tones. As it is... it won't even work on a generic red and green dragon. Hastily pulled together from a random scry.

dragon?age=1&body=121&bodygene=8&breed=11&element=2&eyetype=6&gender=1&tert=37&tertgene=21&winggene=16&wings=78&auth=792c45e0498da79ffab5b995b92576d46b7793f0&dummyext=prev.png

You need stuff very close to that red/coral and spring/leaf mix.

I'm left disappointed that my flight's primal is so unusable. It'll look great on plague skins... but skins won't leave it visible.
tumblr_inline_omxl63fueX1s9ucgw_500.gif
XPDxt22.png
Amen to not versatile, I would also add that they make them more like aliens than dragons
Amen to not versatile, I would also add that they make them more like aliens than dragons
Okay adding another suggestion - how about doing away with the red sludgey part on these eyes?
Okay adding another suggestion - how about doing away with the red sludgey part on these eyes?
[quote name="Churrell" date="2018-06-08 08:06:10" ] ^ agreed, though as a Plague lair I do see where they get the pale green color. But ALSO as a Plague lair I don't really want my hatchlings to look like that [/quote] This sums up exactly how i feel about these eyes.
Churrell wrote on 2018-06-08 08:06:10:
^ agreed, though as a Plague lair I do see where they get the pale green color. But ALSO as a Plague lair I don't really want my hatchlings to look like that
This sums up exactly how i feel about these eyes.
FR+1 - I will host nests for free, just ask/PM!
Make sure to copy/paste my name to ensure I will get your ping!
Just literally anything that doesn't have multiple eyes bunched up in one spot would be great. It's really upsetting to me the way it is.
Just literally anything that doesn't have multiple eyes bunched up in one spot would be great. It's really upsetting to me the way it is.
tumblr_inline_nbe8duyTA81qg78ij.pngmFjnag2.pngtumblr_inline_nbe8e2NZyN1qg78ij.png
[quote name="SaikiyoLuna" date="2018-06-08 10:11:59" ] As much as I love gore, I am in plague after all, I don't care for the primal plague eyes and don't want to risk breeding them. It would have been amazing if plague primal was covered in scars and bone spines instead or something like that with the eyes sill being red (or even blind looking like the rare plague eyes) Though it's too late to change it now, I hope there are more unique flight eye variations in the future and plague isn't nearly as freaky [/quote] Second all of this. Also I agree that the Primal Eyes look like something ON the dragons face, not like eyes. It is fitting our Flight, but it is really, really specific and it doesn't feel like an achievement when you get them on your baby. I got it on a otherwise very cute Coatl and was so sad actually, which is not what Primal Eyes should make you feel like. So I hope, future rares or Primals for Plague will look more like Eyes and hopefully red. Because I actually think with the other variants of the eyes we got a jackpot.
SaikiyoLuna wrote on 2018-06-08 10:11:59:

Second all of this.

Also I agree that the Primal Eyes look like something ON the dragons face, not like eyes. It is fitting our Flight, but it is really, really specific and it doesn't feel like an achievement when you get them on your baby. I got it on a otherwise very cute Coatl and was so sad actually, which is not what Primal Eyes should make you feel like.

So I hope, future rares or Primals for Plague will look more like Eyes and hopefully red.
Because I actually think with the other variants of the eyes we got a jackpot.
LApYAIi.gif~.: +9FR Time :.~p8qgXPn.gif
@Churrell

I really like the pupil edition one though it might be too many eyes? I would need to see it on a spiral to see if I like it or not

Hemolacria is too much like shadow and I just dont like the shadow one.. :P

Wyrmwound eyes is not a bad idea but would again need to see a lot of different species on it :D

The ms paint one is very like filigree :D
@Churrell

I really like the pupil edition one though it might be too many eyes? I would need to see it on a spiral to see if I like it or not

Hemolacria is too much like shadow and I just dont like the shadow one.. :P

Wyrmwound eyes is not a bad idea but would again need to see a lot of different species on it :D

The ms paint one is very like filigree :D
NO LONGER ACTIVE.

I LEFT FR AND GIVEN AWAY MY STUFF.
@Taarnfalk
Oh heh heh I didn't even THINK of the filigree thing, oops ;P It's supposed to look like blood vessels XD

Also the pupil edition is just me putting pupils on the current art, so that's where all those eyes come from ;)

Since these were just quick passes, the Wyrmwound version looks a bit more concave than I wanted - what I was really going for was an eye that's COLORED like the Wyrmwound (with spikes, of course, and it doesn't show up well but there's some pink goo strung about the spikes) but I'm afraid my drawing looks a bit like a pit on the face :P
@Taarnfalk
Oh heh heh I didn't even THINK of the filigree thing, oops ;P It's supposed to look like blood vessels XD

Also the pupil edition is just me putting pupils on the current art, so that's where all those eyes come from ;)

Since these were just quick passes, the Wyrmwound version looks a bit more concave than I wanted - what I was really going for was an eye that's COLORED like the Wyrmwound (with spikes, of course, and it doesn't show up well but there's some pink goo strung about the spikes) but I'm afraid my drawing looks a bit like a pit on the face :P
There are many fixes to this. Making the red part thinner, less saturated, and making it somewhat transparent (or matching it with the base color).

Personally I'd suggest revamping it. Make the boils inflamedly red, to match Plague's flight color. Some boils could have a slightly green tinted spot in them to suggest pus inside, and/or have small green pustules around the main red ones.
There are many fixes to this. Making the red part thinner, less saturated, and making it somewhat transparent (or matching it with the base color).

Personally I'd suggest revamping it. Make the boils inflamedly red, to match Plague's flight color. Some boils could have a slightly green tinted spot in them to suggest pus inside, and/or have small green pustules around the main red ones.
1 2 3 4 5