Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | So I have a problem with multi-eye.
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 15 16
Support! As much as I enjoy the designs, it's definitely understandable as to how they can be a problem for some players. The brewable Multi-Gaze idea is the one I like the most, but having an eye-type removal item is a good one too!
Support! As much as I enjoy the designs, it's definitely understandable as to how they can be a problem for some players. The brewable Multi-Gaze idea is the one I like the most, but having an eye-type removal item is a good one too!
22380.png22381.png22378.png22379.png5712.png5713.png
Definitely support. I like the eyes but they need to be treated like a gene, so we can remove and change them with relative ease.
Definitely support. I like the eyes but they need to be treated like a gene, so we can remove and change them with relative ease.
VAAnkLY.png
This is true. I think a good way to avoid making players uncomfortable while still keeping the eyes for those that do like them would be a personalized censorship menu. I don't know how hard it would be to implement, but player satisfaction would be worth it, I hope.

Basically, it could be a feature in the Account Settings menu. You could be given the option to censor the eyes that you didn't want to see. When you select an eye type to censor, the dragons/scries/hatchlings with those types could either be invisible or a black box (typical censor stuff). That way, they can't be seen if you don't want to! Of course, adding scrolls for adding or removing specific eye types would help as well!
This is true. I think a good way to avoid making players uncomfortable while still keeping the eyes for those that do like them would be a personalized censorship menu. I don't know how hard it would be to implement, but player satisfaction would be worth it, I hope.

Basically, it could be a feature in the Account Settings menu. You could be given the option to censor the eyes that you didn't want to see. When you select an eye type to censor, the dragons/scries/hatchlings with those types could either be invisible or a black box (typical censor stuff). That way, they can't be seen if you don't want to! Of course, adding scrolls for adding or removing specific eye types would help as well!
aUKJE16.png
support

i'm not a fan of this update at all, I'm not sure I like the wording of common/uncommon ect. It feels like basic to me and now i feel like my dragons are unfinished gene wise because they have "common" eyes. the common-rare type eyes as a rng aspect aren't even visually different enough from one another to really notice, yet i feel like my dragons need to have rare eyes to have any value. I'm also a bit irritated that they changed the original eye colors, ice is no longer white and that was kind of the whole appeal to them.

The faceted, multi-gaze and primal eyes as part of the RNG equation doesn't make sense to me and could negatively impact breeding goals in large ways. I agree with other points in this thread, there should be brewable/coli/marketplace eyes you can use to overwrite potential RNG mishaps.

The glowing eyes are kind of tacky in my opinion, they don't really bother me but i can't see myself using it as a sure fire way to cover up bad eyes.

TLDR;
-I'd like to see an item that could revert eyes back to common.
-more options for buyable eye genes
-take faceted, multi-gaze and primal out of the RNG and make those items you have
to apply
-perhaps think a little more about the names of the common/uncommon/unusual/rare
eyes (not a huge deal, just a little quirk on my part)

support

i'm not a fan of this update at all, I'm not sure I like the wording of common/uncommon ect. It feels like basic to me and now i feel like my dragons are unfinished gene wise because they have "common" eyes. the common-rare type eyes as a rng aspect aren't even visually different enough from one another to really notice, yet i feel like my dragons need to have rare eyes to have any value. I'm also a bit irritated that they changed the original eye colors, ice is no longer white and that was kind of the whole appeal to them.

The faceted, multi-gaze and primal eyes as part of the RNG equation doesn't make sense to me and could negatively impact breeding goals in large ways. I agree with other points in this thread, there should be brewable/coli/marketplace eyes you can use to overwrite potential RNG mishaps.

The glowing eyes are kind of tacky in my opinion, they don't really bother me but i can't see myself using it as a sure fire way to cover up bad eyes.

TLDR;
-I'd like to see an item that could revert eyes back to common.
-more options for buyable eye genes
-take faceted, multi-gaze and primal out of the RNG and make those items you have
to apply
-perhaps think a little more about the names of the common/uncommon/unusual/rare
eyes (not a huge deal, just a little quirk on my part)

Support. I've seen many people upset with multi-gaze; in most cases it's unsettling for me (at times I think it's neat), but some of my friends are leaving the site because the chance to have it is disturbing them. I personally am not breeding because of this chance.

As someone with CPTSD, I can confirm that there is in fact a difference between not seeing something at all and seeing and then hiding it. If it bothers people enough to make them sick, even after a glimpse, it really shouldn't be something all users are forced to possibly experience without a choice. I would be much happier with it as a brewable item than a random chance item.
Support. I've seen many people upset with multi-gaze; in most cases it's unsettling for me (at times I think it's neat), but some of my friends are leaving the site because the chance to have it is disturbing them. I personally am not breeding because of this chance.

As someone with CPTSD, I can confirm that there is in fact a difference between not seeing something at all and seeing and then hiding it. If it bothers people enough to make them sick, even after a glimpse, it really shouldn't be something all users are forced to possibly experience without a choice. I would be much happier with it as a brewable item than a random chance item.
Alpha :: FR+0
they/them or
he/him please!

tumblr_inline_ojq6kyaRlG1r2ao8y_540.pngtumblr_inline_ojq6kvO0vd1r2ao8y_540.pngtumblr_inline_ojq6kzLZx61r2ao8y_540.png
_____ vxsLSdd.png _ ° Wishlist
° Badges
° Clan Exalter
° Scatter Quest
° UMs for Sale
__ ° Hug Moist?
° Moistling Sales
° Nest Rentals
° SIDHA
° 8x8/90mil!
__ TTTYQHv.png 1XIVewE.gif
God I am not looking forward to the day I get a multi-gaze hatchling, I want to avoid that monstrosity like the plague but can't. Like when there are genes I dislike I can avoid them, but with the eyes that isn't the case and it just does not make sense.

So I support this fully
God I am not looking forward to the day I get a multi-gaze hatchling, I want to avoid that monstrosity like the plague but can't. Like when there are genes I dislike I can avoid them, but with the eyes that isn't the case and it just does not make sense.

So I support this fully
4qcj.png tumblr_inline_njucf1YnRj1r7wjf7.png ~They/Them
~+3 hours FR Time
~Shameless Fan Dragon Lair
~I Love Friend Requests
~Need cheap fodder? Pre-order a nest full! 1 gem down, 3 gems per egg
tumblr_inline_njucf2ZZft1r7wjf7.png tumblr_p6un9pL5QF1utez9io3_100.png
I actually have a different problem with multi-gaze (which might have been mentioned but I didn't read the thread). All the other eyes are centralized to the head area but multi-gaze goes all along the body. It doesn't fit with the rest of the eyes and seems more like an accent or tertiary. Plague kind of has the monopoly of multiple eyes on the head area, but maybe multi-gaze should be centered on the head too.
I actually have a different problem with multi-gaze (which might have been mentioned but I didn't read the thread). All the other eyes are centralized to the head area but multi-gaze goes all along the body. It doesn't fit with the rest of the eyes and seems more like an accent or tertiary. Plague kind of has the monopoly of multiple eyes on the head area, but maybe multi-gaze should be centered on the head too.
[quote name="DragonSage" date="2018-06-08 04:30:19" ] I’d go even further and remove multigaze, facet, and primal from the random breeding pool as these tend to have a large visual impact. Multigaze can be brewable, facet gatherable and primal as a coliseum drop I also think there should be a removal vial [/quote] Absolutely 100% support this! While I personally don't have any medical or other serious concerns with this update, that does not mean that the concerns of those who are becoming physically ill are to be ignored. I really like multi-gaze, but very [i]specifically on a [u]few[/u] dragons.[/i] [s]Honestly that should have been plague primal, imho.[/s] If they made it a brew item that would be perfect!
DragonSage wrote on 2018-06-08 04:30:19:
I’d go even further and remove multigaze, facet, and primal from the random breeding pool as these tend to have a large visual impact. Multigaze can be brewable, facet gatherable and primal as a coliseum drop

I also think there should be a removal vial

Absolutely 100% support this! While I personally don't have any medical or other serious concerns with this update, that does not mean that the concerns of those who are becoming physically ill are to be ignored.

I really like multi-gaze, but very specifically on a few dragons. Honestly that should have been plague primal, imho. If they made it a brew item that would be perfect!
o667-d01-L-Reithya.pngo667-d02-Reithya.pngo667-d03-Reithya.pngo667-d04-Reithya.pngo667-d02-Reithya.pngo667-d05-R-Reithya.pnggP1RBPa.gifo667-d05-L-Reithya.pngo667-d02-Reithya.pngo667-d03-Reithya.pngo667-d04-Reithya.pngo667-d02-Reithya.pngo667-d01-R-Reithya.png
I don't like multi-gaze either.

In general I think it's cool that they added a plague-y themed thing, since there doesn't seem to be too much of that on the site.

But it is definitely not my thing, and I don't want it as a random possibility in my nests. I'm just going to immediately exalt any hatchlings I get with it so I don't have to look at them. Super annoying since I have several pairs I breed for profit.

I think the simplest solution would be a vial that resets the eyes to common.

Thanks for making this thread OP.
I don't like multi-gaze either.

In general I think it's cool that they added a plague-y themed thing, since there doesn't seem to be too much of that on the site.

But it is definitely not my thing, and I don't want it as a random possibility in my nests. I'm just going to immediately exalt any hatchlings I get with it so I don't have to look at them. Super annoying since I have several pairs I breed for profit.

I think the simplest solution would be a vial that resets the eyes to common.

Thanks for making this thread OP.
29-BDCFFE-D218-4-E4-E-BB29-905799-B62147.pngxMU1mPR.png_____________________________________XxGLrQl.png
Support.

I'm collecting vials of Scattersight for the sole purpose of "what of I end up with a multigaze" but inevitably, those will run out.
I have several breeding projects and in general I am okay with my flight's new eye types, but not that one.

So yeah, major support on something that sets eye type back to common.
Support.

I'm collecting vials of Scattersight for the sole purpose of "what of I end up with a multigaze" but inevitably, those will run out.
I have several breeding projects and in general I am okay with my flight's new eye types, but not that one.

So yeah, major support on something that sets eye type back to common.
pPzSlqd.png
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 15 16