Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | So I have a problem with multi-eye.
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 15 16
I have exactly the same issue.

I'm not triggered by eyes related mutations but I find them deeply unsettling/creepy. I specifically avoided plague and arcane as flights that commonly deal with mutations and eye weirdness and I'm pretty upset that I can't avoid this stuff easily anymore.

So this suggestion has my complete support. Players should not have to encounter mutation themes on their dragons if they aren't in mutation themed flights.
I have exactly the same issue.

I'm not triggered by eyes related mutations but I find them deeply unsettling/creepy. I specifically avoided plague and arcane as flights that commonly deal with mutations and eye weirdness and I'm pretty upset that I can't avoid this stuff easily anymore.

So this suggestion has my complete support. Players should not have to encounter mutation themes on their dragons if they aren't in mutation themed flights.
signature_fr_soleillune_by_vampireselene13-d906e30.png
This. This is exactly what bothers me.

It’s why we have accent makers tag their “multiple eye” accents and why people blacklist that tag. Now that there’s an awful RNG chance of any future nests possibly having this body horror, I’m distressed. Just seeing scries make me nauseous and I have to calm myself down. And don’t even get me started on some of the awful body horror of some of the primal eyes…
This. This is exactly what bothers me.

It’s why we have accent makers tag their “multiple eye” accents and why people blacklist that tag. Now that there’s an awful RNG chance of any future nests possibly having this body horror, I’m distressed. Just seeing scries make me nauseous and I have to calm myself down. And don’t even get me started on some of the awful body horror of some of the primal eyes…
nEBFJpB.png ijlKPCn.png nEBFJpB.png
I'm a horror fanatic and I honestly only have one dragon I want to change the eyes of, and it's to multi-sight. That said, I know that not everyone is a horror fanatic and not everyone is comfortable with such a thing, and I can see (no pun intended) why.

Eye-related body horror often has to do with causing anxiety or paranoia, and generally just unnerving the viewer. For a game that's meant for all ages, it should be an option, not a randomly generated outcome.
I'm a horror fanatic and I honestly only have one dragon I want to change the eyes of, and it's to multi-sight. That said, I know that not everyone is a horror fanatic and not everyone is comfortable with such a thing, and I can see (no pun intended) why.

Eye-related body horror often has to do with causing anxiety or paranoia, and generally just unnerving the viewer. For a game that's meant for all ages, it should be an option, not a randomly generated outcome.
chxjGgQ.gif

He/Him
BPco0tZ.png HQsa6bD.png xvCXjXc.png FR+3
Support. Multi-eye is triggering my trypophobia.
Support. Multi-eye is triggering my trypophobia.
I'm sorry but I can support these types of eyes as brewable/gatherable/MP ONLY if they also stay as a random thing in breeding
It's a mutation and onestly it's the most thrilling thing of the whole update, and it gives everyone the same chance of getting it (instead of having to buy it)

A lot of people like the new mechanic and it feels just wrong to take it away after less than a day it has been up
I'm sorry but I can support these types of eyes as brewable/gatherable/MP ONLY if they also stay as a random thing in breeding
It's a mutation and onestly it's the most thrilling thing of the whole update, and it gives everyone the same chance of getting it (instead of having to buy it)

A lot of people like the new mechanic and it feels just wrong to take it away after less than a day it has been up
BLACK LIVES MATTER

thisaddefinitelydoesntminebitcoin.gif
Support. The multi-eye upsets me so much. Let it be optional, please!
Support. The multi-eye upsets me so much. Let it be optional, please!
MuwAAse.png
I support this.

I despise the fact that multi-eye can turn up in my lair from dragons I love and I have no control over it. I DO NOT want that. I would exalt the parents as well as the hatchling. I know that seems overly dramatic, but every time I looked at them I would be thinking "you have an abomination child out there...." So, they'll have to go.

Oddly, if I could control the multi-eye say via a Baldwin gene, I might actually appreciate it. I can see how some would really enjoy it, if they can make it work with genes and accents, which would also be a problem.

I do not think that anything more radical than the rare eyes should be randomly applied. The others are just too radical. And having the radical ones be random makes it impossible to work with. For example, the faceted eyes would be perfect for a subspecies I have. But I have no way to reliably get them, or to keep them in the bloodline if I got them. That is disappointing and even if I weren't at risk of ugly primals and stomach-churning multi-eyes, it would still discourage me from playing.

This is a poor idea as implemented. At this point, I do not plan to hatch any more dragons due to the risk of getting eyes I dislike and not having a way to change them.

This could have been a wonderful update, if implemented more thoughtfully.
I support this.

I despise the fact that multi-eye can turn up in my lair from dragons I love and I have no control over it. I DO NOT want that. I would exalt the parents as well as the hatchling. I know that seems overly dramatic, but every time I looked at them I would be thinking "you have an abomination child out there...." So, they'll have to go.

Oddly, if I could control the multi-eye say via a Baldwin gene, I might actually appreciate it. I can see how some would really enjoy it, if they can make it work with genes and accents, which would also be a problem.

I do not think that anything more radical than the rare eyes should be randomly applied. The others are just too radical. And having the radical ones be random makes it impossible to work with. For example, the faceted eyes would be perfect for a subspecies I have. But I have no way to reliably get them, or to keep them in the bloodline if I got them. That is disappointing and even if I weren't at risk of ugly primals and stomach-churning multi-eyes, it would still discourage me from playing.

This is a poor idea as implemented. At this point, I do not plan to hatch any more dragons due to the risk of getting eyes I dislike and not having a way to change them.

This could have been a wonderful update, if implemented more thoughtfully.
Support.

Honestly, Glow and Multi should be swapped. Having eyes all over your body is FAR more unnatural than a pair of normal, glowing eyes.
Support.

Honestly, Glow and Multi should be swapped. Having eyes all over your body is FAR more unnatural than a pair of normal, glowing eyes.
Salt
It was a bad idea to make Multi-Gaze something that can just be randomly gotten. It's a very distinct spooky look that doesn't mesh with what the vast majority of people want in a dragon, and it's body horror to boot. It really needs to be its own separate item.
It was a bad idea to make Multi-Gaze something that can just be randomly gotten. It's a very distinct spooky look that doesn't mesh with what the vast majority of people want in a dragon, and it's body horror to boot. It really needs to be its own separate item.
I'm really in favor of any of the possible ways of avoiding a certain eye outcome. I would be content with a "guaranteed common eyes" item, though; that doesn't help people who want primal or multi-gaze eyes, but it does mean that if I were to hatch an eye-horror dragon I could quickly 'fix' the problem, the way that I could 'fix' a dragon with hypnotic or vipera with a remove-gene scroll.
I'm really in favor of any of the possible ways of avoiding a certain eye outcome. I would be content with a "guaranteed common eyes" item, though; that doesn't help people who want primal or multi-gaze eyes, but it does mean that if I were to hatch an eye-horror dragon I could quickly 'fix' the problem, the way that I could 'fix' a dragon with hypnotic or vipera with a remove-gene scroll.
poisonedpaper-katyushkaframe.png 7mOaAeU.pngiBjoeES.pngIMyicna.pngt1mYQC9.pngDAtDfdH.pnglvp-quality-quartermaster-ribbon.pngfol-quality-quartermaster-ribbon.pngpoisonedpaper-ojnkframe.png
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 15 16