Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | So I have a problem with multi-eye.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 15 16
TL;DR: multi-gaze is body horror that I can't self-censor and it's upsetting to me.

So, I like the idea of the eyes, but I have a problem: multi-gaze. Why? Because it's body horror. It's unnatural and unsettling, and you don't see eyes all over the body of a creature without it being an attempt at horror (usually psychological) or freaking someone out.

Why is this a problem?

Because I have an extreme aversion to horror. It's bad for my mental health (and my ability to sleep). I realize this is not a common thing to avoid - but I can self-censor fairly easily, especially on Flight Rising. I don't play during the Riot of Rot and I'm not in Plague (where the theme is closest to horror), and I avoid user-made lore and skins that involve horror or gore themes.

However, thanks to this update, there's now a chance for me to randomly spawn body-horror dragons in my own lair. Yes, I can exalt or sell them nearly instantly, but that's a far cry from being able to purposefully avoid them entirely. (I'm not going to equate my aversion to horror to actual PTSD, but anyone who has such issues will probably know that being able to actively avoid a thing versus having to see the thing first before avoiding it are two very different things) Fortunately there's already an eye filter for the Auction House, so buying dragons hasn't just become a minefield of Do Not Want.

Add to this the fact that the only way to change from these eyes, should I breed a perfect dragon with them, is a limited item that is soon to be retired, or a gem marketplace item that gives a specific type of eye, and I'm...not impressed. To be honest I've been debating if I even want to continue to play, considering I'll now need to brace for the potential of multi-gaze whenever I hatch a nest.

Edit: There is also the fact that multi-gaze also hits some people's trypophobia. In addition, facet is hitting some other phobias, and some of the primal eyes are just no. For my flight, I just find the primal light eyes a little silly - I'd prefer the Marva light eyes to them, but hey, at least the lightbulbs aren't dripping or...mutating.

Solutions that would have been preferred:
  • Multi-gaze as a brewable item. (seriously, it fits the theme)
  • A specialty eye-removing vial, like there are gene removing scrolls, available in the marketplace.
  • Multi-gaze, facet, and primal all available in the gem marketplace instead, with glowing being the rare eyes instead.
  • Basically anything that makes multi-gaze optional and self-censorable with less than a $2 price-tag per dragon.
  • Multi-gaze as brewable, facet as gatherable, and primal as a coliseum drop. (Dragonsage)
TL;DR: multi-gaze is body horror that I can't self-censor and it's upsetting to me.

So, I like the idea of the eyes, but I have a problem: multi-gaze. Why? Because it's body horror. It's unnatural and unsettling, and you don't see eyes all over the body of a creature without it being an attempt at horror (usually psychological) or freaking someone out.

Why is this a problem?

Because I have an extreme aversion to horror. It's bad for my mental health (and my ability to sleep). I realize this is not a common thing to avoid - but I can self-censor fairly easily, especially on Flight Rising. I don't play during the Riot of Rot and I'm not in Plague (where the theme is closest to horror), and I avoid user-made lore and skins that involve horror or gore themes.

However, thanks to this update, there's now a chance for me to randomly spawn body-horror dragons in my own lair. Yes, I can exalt or sell them nearly instantly, but that's a far cry from being able to purposefully avoid them entirely. (I'm not going to equate my aversion to horror to actual PTSD, but anyone who has such issues will probably know that being able to actively avoid a thing versus having to see the thing first before avoiding it are two very different things) Fortunately there's already an eye filter for the Auction House, so buying dragons hasn't just become a minefield of Do Not Want.

Add to this the fact that the only way to change from these eyes, should I breed a perfect dragon with them, is a limited item that is soon to be retired, or a gem marketplace item that gives a specific type of eye, and I'm...not impressed. To be honest I've been debating if I even want to continue to play, considering I'll now need to brace for the potential of multi-gaze whenever I hatch a nest.

Edit: There is also the fact that multi-gaze also hits some people's trypophobia. In addition, facet is hitting some other phobias, and some of the primal eyes are just no. For my flight, I just find the primal light eyes a little silly - I'd prefer the Marva light eyes to them, but hey, at least the lightbulbs aren't dripping or...mutating.

Solutions that would have been preferred:
  • Multi-gaze as a brewable item. (seriously, it fits the theme)
  • A specialty eye-removing vial, like there are gene removing scrolls, available in the marketplace.
  • Multi-gaze, facet, and primal all available in the gem marketplace instead, with glowing being the rare eyes instead.
  • Basically anything that makes multi-gaze optional and self-censorable with less than a $2 price-tag per dragon.
  • Multi-gaze as brewable, facet as gatherable, and primal as a coliseum drop. (Dragonsage)
1ZHnNyJ.pngâ–ˆbcRnJHQ.gifâ–ˆcskp9sJ.png

The Coliseum Encounter Project â–ˆ|â–ˆDragonomics!
tbh I like the idea of multi-eye as a brewable option

personally it doesn’t disturb me (no kidding, im in plague) but I can see why it would cause others distress

its a very plague-y theme imo
tbh I like the idea of multi-eye as a brewable option

personally it doesn’t disturb me (no kidding, im in plague) but I can see why it would cause others distress

its a very plague-y theme imo
Yeah tbh...the more I think about it, the weirder the decision to have it in the random pool and not a brewable item is???
Yeah tbh...the more I think about it, the weirder the decision to have it in the random pool and not a brewable item is???

I personally LOVE the multi-eye so many possible abomination dragons, but yeah it could very easily be an issue for some people. I’d give support to have the multi-eyes disabled if it triggers you. It’s fine for me personally, and I enjoy the body horror (within reason of course) it’s a part of my flight and I’m proud of it. I wouldn’t like it if suddenly my dragons could spawn some of my personal fears when bred either. :/
I personally LOVE the multi-eye so many possible abomination dragons, but yeah it could very easily be an issue for some people. I’d give support to have the multi-eyes disabled if it triggers you. It’s fine for me personally, and I enjoy the body horror (within reason of course) it’s a part of my flight and I’m proud of it. I wouldn’t like it if suddenly my dragons could spawn some of my personal fears when bred either. :/
Agree so much.
Agree so much.
idzY2uK.png
Having the facet and multi-gaze as brewable ones makes more sense tbh. The common to rare variants are no change to the eye except colour and so would occur naturally within the nest. Primal could, by a stretch, be a result of a sudden surge of elemental energy to the nest and have changed the hatchling inside. Both facet and multi-gaze seem much more unnatural and like they'd be put onto a dragon instead of it being genetic.

Having the facet and multi-gaze as brewable ones makes more sense tbh. The common to rare variants are no change to the eye except colour and so would occur naturally within the nest. Primal could, by a stretch, be a result of a sudden surge of elemental energy to the nest and have changed the hatchling inside. Both facet and multi-gaze seem much more unnatural and like they'd be put onto a dragon instead of it being genetic.

extra-candles-left.png
Apotheos
FR+8
She/Her
I have too many projects send help
I have always always said that mutations should be opt-in only. If I were in Shadow flight right now, I'd haul my butt out of there immediately. When I went into the scrying workshop for the first time this morning, the randomly generated dragon had Shadow Primal eyes and.... No.

It's too late to make this opt-in only, but we shouldn't have to pay to opt out.
I have always always said that mutations should be opt-in only. If I were in Shadow flight right now, I'd haul my butt out of there immediately. When I went into the scrying workshop for the first time this morning, the randomly generated dragon had Shadow Primal eyes and.... No.

It's too late to make this opt-in only, but we shouldn't have to pay to opt out.
It takes Twelve Years for one Imperial pair to produce a Primal-eyed offspring of a specific sex. Goal-based breeding is dead.
Yeah I honestly didn't think of facet as a problem when writing this, since it doesn't bother me, so it sort of brings to light how staff could have thought of this and just...not had the issues with those two eyes occur to them. They've proven before that they can take feedback and alter things, however, and judging from the threads in the Suggestions forum...they're getting a lot of feedback on this particular subject lol.
Yeah I honestly didn't think of facet as a problem when writing this, since it doesn't bother me, so it sort of brings to light how staff could have thought of this and just...not had the issues with those two eyes occur to them. They've proven before that they can take feedback and alter things, however, and judging from the threads in the Suggestions forum...they're getting a lot of feedback on this particular subject lol.

Also thanks to whoever moved this: realized a few posts in that maybe suggestions would have been a better spot
Also thanks to whoever moved this: realized a few posts in that maybe suggestions would have been a better spot

I will say multi-eyes does not trigger me, but as someone with phobias that can trigger me to have panic attacks that can last for -hours-, I completely understand this.

The multi-eyes are more unsettling and squicky to me, and I will probably not breed any of my permanent pairs unless there is a way to remove the gene.

For example, this pair I keep around just until I get a male coatl with facet, hatched this... abomination today. I immediately listed it for 50k and booted it off as soon as possible because it makes me shiver. (someone else is trying to sell her now, and I wish them luck because THANK GOD SHE IS NOT IN MY LAIR ANYMORE)

If this came from one of my dragons I didn't plan on exalting after I get a result, my OCD might... demand me to ditch the parents. Or at the very least, scatter the baby regardless of costs just so I didn't have to risk seeing it if I'm checking on the offspring list. I honestly don't know if I want to breed and sell on those dragons anymore just because I can't control seeing this.
I will say multi-eyes does not trigger me, but as someone with phobias that can trigger me to have panic attacks that can last for -hours-, I completely understand this.

The multi-eyes are more unsettling and squicky to me, and I will probably not breed any of my permanent pairs unless there is a way to remove the gene.

For example, this pair I keep around just until I get a male coatl with facet, hatched this... abomination today. I immediately listed it for 50k and booted it off as soon as possible because it makes me shiver. (someone else is trying to sell her now, and I wish them luck because THANK GOD SHE IS NOT IN MY LAIR ANYMORE)

If this came from one of my dragons I didn't plan on exalting after I get a result, my OCD might... demand me to ditch the parents. Or at the very least, scatter the baby regardless of costs just so I didn't have to risk seeing it if I'm checking on the offspring list. I honestly don't know if I want to breed and sell on those dragons anymore just because I can't control seeing this.
dLxsQW7.png ***
Brittany
She/Her or They/Them
FR + 3
L8bbLC3.png
d8kVeqZ.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 15 16