Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Turn Off Specific Eye Types?
1 2
I don't know how you would do this, but adding a way to "filter out" certain eye types from showing up? Like, I love the different eye tints, glow, and some of the primal variations, but faceted and Plague's primal are so so upsetting.

You guys do such amazing work, and I love the artwork for the eyes, but I think the impact of eye horror should have been thought through just a bit more.
I don't know how you would do this, but adding a way to "filter out" certain eye types from showing up? Like, I love the different eye tints, glow, and some of the primal variations, but faceted and Plague's primal are so so upsetting.

You guys do such amazing work, and I love the artwork for the eyes, but I think the impact of eye horror should have been thought through just a bit more.
tumblr_inline_oqxzzokthn1r2ao8y_540.pngtumblr_inline_oqvqfo6XtE1r2ao8y_540.pngl11_book.pngm29_book.pngl22_book.pngm12_book.pngl19_book.pngs16_book.pngm5_book.pngl16_book.pngs10_book.pngm38_book.pngm16_book.pngl21_book.pngWay_Rox.png they/them
BJ6ik2C.png
People would exploit that to get the exact eyes they want though, so it wont work.

Edit: Whoops, sorry, misunderstood it!
People would exploit that to get the exact eyes they want though, so it wont work.

Edit: Whoops, sorry, misunderstood it!
I don't understand why it would make people "exploit" it to get what they want. It could just be a toggle in the menus that doesn't show some of the eyes, and shows common eyes instead. No one would cheat to get the basic eyes (and even if they do, who care.), and people who are uncomfortable with certain eyes won't have to look at them.

I support this suggestion. I'm not personally bothered by any of the eyes, but I can understand why some people might, so a option to mask them would be cool.
I don't understand why it would make people "exploit" it to get what they want. It could just be a toggle in the menus that doesn't show some of the eyes, and shows common eyes instead. No one would cheat to get the basic eyes (and even if they do, who care.), and people who are uncomfortable with certain eyes won't have to look at them.

I support this suggestion. I'm not personally bothered by any of the eyes, but I can understand why some people might, so a option to mask them would be cool.
tumblr_inline_pawby3qPs91rbjkvp_540.png
Supported. The only sad thing is that this wouldn't bring back the old standard eyes, even if they show up as Common.
Supported. The only sad thing is that this wouldn't bring back the old standard eyes, even if they show up as Common.
5LqH0sj.png
PLEASE !!! I BEG! i can live with the crappy new colors but i dont want to see these new eye types !!! and i cant control any of it !!!
PLEASE !!! I BEG! i can live with the crappy new colors but i dont want to see these new eye types !!! and i cant control any of it !!!
z0d96Tv.png peri, he/him
adult
fr time
quitting/gone
I don't know if that would be an easy thing to implement, or how common the body-horror type of eyes will be in the future, but I would gladly use such a feature to be able to browse through dragons in a more relaxed way.
Eyes are a tricky thing to draw and can be made gorgeous, but also very easily sent into uncanny valley or horror, which takes different shapes for different people.
I don't know if that would be an easy thing to implement, or how common the body-horror type of eyes will be in the future, but I would gladly use such a feature to be able to browse through dragons in a more relaxed way.
Eyes are a tricky thing to draw and can be made gorgeous, but also very easily sent into uncanny valley or horror, which takes different shapes for different people.
This is exactly my problem with this update. Multi-gaze is a no-go for me, and I can see why the faceted one would be the same for other people. And there's no way to self-censor the content, which just makes it more upsetting...
This is exactly my problem with this update. Multi-gaze is a no-go for me, and I can see why the faceted one would be the same for other people. And there's no way to self-censor the content, which just makes it more upsetting...
1ZHnNyJ.pngâ–ˆbcRnJHQ.gifâ–ˆcskp9sJ.png

The Coliseum Encounter Project â–ˆ|â–ˆDragonomics!
Supported as an alternative to giving us proper control over what eyes we get (as we would if the team provides scrolls.)
Supported as an alternative to giving us proper control over what eyes we get (as we would if the team provides scrolls.)
If having individual checkboxes would be too much strain on the server/code/whatever, I think an option to just display all eyes as common eyes would still be really valuable.

A lot of people are sensitive to eye-related horror, and I think the most important thing is that they have a way to opt out- as of right now, the only way to reliably avoid seeing the new eyes is to stop breeding dragons and looking at other people's dragons, which is completely against the spirit of the site.
If having individual checkboxes would be too much strain on the server/code/whatever, I think an option to just display all eyes as common eyes would still be really valuable.

A lot of people are sensitive to eye-related horror, and I think the most important thing is that they have a way to opt out- as of right now, the only way to reliably avoid seeing the new eyes is to stop breeding dragons and looking at other people's dragons, which is completely against the spirit of the site.
tumblr_inline_nbe8duyTA81qg78ij.png84.png
Support. It's Day One and I'm already 10,000% done with Shadow Primals. I even got one as my random Scrying Workshop dragon. There is currently no way to avoid this.

EDIT: I would even be willing to view all eye types as Common
Support. It's Day One and I'm already 10,000% done with Shadow Primals. I even got one as my random Scrying Workshop dragon. There is currently no way to avoid this.

EDIT: I would even be willing to view all eye types as Common
It takes Twelve Years for one Imperial pair to produce a Primal-eyed offspring of a specific sex. Goal-based breeding is dead.
1 2