Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Item to revert to common eyes?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13
I apologize if there's something obviously wrong with this that I'm missing, and I'm sorry if someone has already suggested this!

But anyways. These new eyes are GORGEOUS and I'm looking forward to seeing all the cool new dragons with them, but what if you WANT common eyes, and you find a dragon that's your dream dragon, just with a different type of eye?
I think there should be something akin to a gene removal item that will revert eyes back to "common"!
I would suggest instead just adding common into the existing item, but I also realize that doing that would disappoint a LOT of people who pay for the item, so I think a separate item would be good!
I apologize if there's something obviously wrong with this that I'm missing, and I'm sorry if someone has already suggested this!

But anyways. These new eyes are GORGEOUS and I'm looking forward to seeing all the cool new dragons with them, but what if you WANT common eyes, and you find a dragon that's your dream dragon, just with a different type of eye?
I think there should be something akin to a gene removal item that will revert eyes back to "common"!
I would suggest instead just adding common into the existing item, but I also realize that doing that would disappoint a LOT of people who pay for the item, so I think a separate item would be good!
juunebugs_on_fr_by_sensiblesoap-dch9pf9.png 115x3_transparent_spacer_by_sensiblesoap-dch8kta.png
I don't sub to most threads, please ping me!
FR+2

wishlist | art shop
115x3_transparent_spacer_by_sensiblesoap-dch8kta.png juunebugs_on_fr1_by_sensiblesoap-dch9pf3.png
Seconded this, I was about to make a topic for just this (there are a few other suggestion threads already discussing the scatter vial and it’s availability, and other options for altering the new eye types, but all I’d really like to see added is the ‘go back to norma eyesl’ item).

I strongly feel there should be a basic item that allows players to simply default a dragon’s eye colour back to ‘normal’ (ie the one of the 11 elemental colours that correspond to the element type of that dragon, which have been fixtures in game for the last 5 years). If this option is in place, then I am fine with the rest of the update and like the rng nature of getting the rarer types.

Given the number of players that rely on being able to control all aspects of their hatchling’s appearance (I am not one of them but just look at the dragon sales section of the forums) and that pretty much everyone wants to breed a ‘special’ dragon every once in a while (Bruisyard in my lair, for example, is my wedding day dragon and needed shadow eyes, if I’d got her with leaky goo eyes or eyes all down her body it kinda would have ruined her!) not having a ‘go back to normal eyes’ option somewhere seems a strange choice for the game.

There are several ways such an item could be introduced to the game, the easiest (I imagine) being either a treasure market place scroll or a Baldwin brew recipe.

I think I’d personally prefer the brew option, would love to see a ‘Cure for Crazy Eyes’ vial XD
Seconded this, I was about to make a topic for just this (there are a few other suggestion threads already discussing the scatter vial and it’s availability, and other options for altering the new eye types, but all I’d really like to see added is the ‘go back to norma eyesl’ item).

I strongly feel there should be a basic item that allows players to simply default a dragon’s eye colour back to ‘normal’ (ie the one of the 11 elemental colours that correspond to the element type of that dragon, which have been fixtures in game for the last 5 years). If this option is in place, then I am fine with the rest of the update and like the rng nature of getting the rarer types.

Given the number of players that rely on being able to control all aspects of their hatchling’s appearance (I am not one of them but just look at the dragon sales section of the forums) and that pretty much everyone wants to breed a ‘special’ dragon every once in a while (Bruisyard in my lair, for example, is my wedding day dragon and needed shadow eyes, if I’d got her with leaky goo eyes or eyes all down her body it kinda would have ruined her!) not having a ‘go back to normal eyes’ option somewhere seems a strange choice for the game.

There are several ways such an item could be introduced to the game, the easiest (I imagine) being either a treasure market place scroll or a Baldwin brew recipe.

I think I’d personally prefer the brew option, would love to see a ‘Cure for Crazy Eyes’ vial XD
RoFhatchlingbanner1_zps7e29e49b.jpg
Support, because yeah, breeding projects are going to be a mess for a lot of people without it, not to mention for those who just don’t care for the weirder forms of eyes.
Support, because yeah, breeding projects are going to be a mess for a lot of people without it, not to mention for those who just don’t care for the weirder forms of eyes.
Dappervolk ID #27689
Rbf96Oh.gifCuK85yM.pngtRNevRC.gif
I think a return to common: eyes scroll could be a good treasure mp specialty scroll (like remove gene: basic).

like I would consider using a scatter on some of my lightning dragons for primal chances but I dislike a lot of the other lightning eyes and would prefer a way to guarantee back to common easily. (or if I bred a multi eyed dragon being able to get rid of those eyes without having to scatter)

for something that retires like the eye scatter I don't want to have to waste it trying to get back to common.
I think a return to common: eyes scroll could be a good treasure mp specialty scroll (like remove gene: basic).

like I would consider using a scatter on some of my lightning dragons for primal chances but I dislike a lot of the other lightning eyes and would prefer a way to guarantee back to common easily. (or if I bred a multi eyed dragon being able to get rid of those eyes without having to scatter)

for something that retires like the eye scatter I don't want to have to waste it trying to get back to common.
@jbapple the scatterscroll vial does not include the normal eye types! So there is currently NO way to get normal eyes back once a dragon has any other type, as far as I am aware...

See this from the announcement post: [url]http://http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/ann/2452352[/url]

“The Vial of Scattersight operates in a similar way to the Tri-Color Scatterscroll (but for eye types instead), in that will apply a random natural eye type to the dragon it's used on (excluding the default “common” eyes that have been available since the site launched.) This allows currently existing dragons a chance at the new natural eye types. These special vials are available only during this event!”
@jbapple the scatterscroll vial does not include the normal eye types! So there is currently NO way to get normal eyes back once a dragon has any other type, as far as I am aware...

See this from the announcement post: [url]http://http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/ann/2452352[/url]

“The Vial of Scattersight operates in a similar way to the Tri-Color Scatterscroll (but for eye types instead), in that will apply a random natural eye type to the dragon it's used on (excluding the default “common” eyes that have been available since the site launched.) This allows currently existing dragons a chance at the new natural eye types. These special vials are available only during this event!”
RoFhatchlingbanner1_zps7e29e49b.jpg
that's even worse (so common eyes once you leave them you can't go back)

clings to my cyan eyed lightning dragons even tho the idea of primal eyes is tempting.

(tho I wouldn't want to scatter just to get common eyes that should be a cheap always available option in my eyes)
that's even worse (so common eyes once you leave them you can't go back)

clings to my cyan eyed lightning dragons even tho the idea of primal eyes is tempting.

(tho I wouldn't want to scatter just to get common eyes that should be a cheap always available option in my eyes)
SUPPORT, just give me a freaking bottle of eyedrops and I'll be happy
SUPPORT, just give me a freaking bottle of eyedrops and I'll be happy
I support this!

I am exceptionally wary of the multisight eyes, and would really like a way to quickly revert any hatchlings that get it randomly to 'common' eyes. Please.
I support this!

I am exceptionally wary of the multisight eyes, and would really like a way to quickly revert any hatchlings that get it randomly to 'common' eyes. Please.
Support. There are some eye types that are sickening people (such as multi-sight and plague primal); with no way to revert, a person could have worked for a dream dragon only to result in a mutation that makes them physically ill that they cannot change. Not to mention people who simply do not like new colors, or when the new colors are too off for peoples' tastes.
Support. There are some eye types that are sickening people (such as multi-sight and plague primal); with no way to revert, a person could have worked for a dream dragon only to result in a mutation that makes them physically ill that they cannot change. Not to mention people who simply do not like new colors, or when the new colors are too off for peoples' tastes.
Alpha :: FR+0
they/them or
he/him please!

tumblr_inline_ojq6kyaRlG1r2ao8y_540.pngtumblr_inline_ojq6kvO0vd1r2ao8y_540.pngtumblr_inline_ojq6kzLZx61r2ao8y_540.png
_____ vxsLSdd.png _ ° Wishlist
° Badges
° Clan Exalter
° Scatter Quest
° UMs for Sale
__ ° Hug Moist?
° Moistling Sales
° Nest Rentals
° SIDHA
° 8x8/90mil!
__ TTTYQHv.png 1XIVewE.gif
Support! Not sure I can add much that hasn't been said already: the idea of the eyes being random is kind of fun and it will suit some people, but at the same time I have breeding projects on the go and the weird eyes won't suit all of them. I like the idea of this being a Baldwin item.

I'm going to link to this thread in my signature. I don't know if it helps but any extra support helps, right?
Support! Not sure I can add much that hasn't been said already: the idea of the eyes being random is kind of fun and it will suit some people, but at the same time I have breeding projects on the go and the weird eyes won't suit all of them. I like the idea of this being a Baldwin item.

I'm going to link to this thread in my signature. I don't know if it helps but any extra support helps, right?
FR time +8 hours Lore Thread
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13