Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | On the update
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Support, because plague primal eyes look ridiculous. I've been trying to scry one dragon that looks good with them, and I can't. They all look like they have pimples for eyes. Any dragon born with those isn't going to sell.
Support, because plague primal eyes look ridiculous. I've been trying to scry one dragon that looks good with them, and I can't. They all look like they have pimples for eyes. Any dragon born with those isn't going to sell.
I support! I've been grinding for 2 days (despite being sick and needing to get away from FR's bright screens every hour or so- ugh you guys need to get a Night Theme, please) and haven't gotten close to 15-20 scatter scrolls (all of which I gave to my bf as he was wanting Multi-Eye on one dragon). He has gone through 20+ scrolls and has given up on that eye type!
If Scatter Eye is retired we need something to let us choose eyes, and remove eyes as well. I am creeped out by the Shadow Primal and Multi-Eye, and feel ill at the image of Plague Primal eyes (AND OH JOY ITS ON THE MAIN PAGE).
Lack of communication from staff is also very disheartening. I've been a active player for 5 years (starting tomorrow, at least) and communication used to be much better. I used to say that FR had the best staff I have seen..now not so much. I hope staff can find some way to fix this, and regain our trust..
I support! I've been grinding for 2 days (despite being sick and needing to get away from FR's bright screens every hour or so- ugh you guys need to get a Night Theme, please) and haven't gotten close to 15-20 scatter scrolls (all of which I gave to my bf as he was wanting Multi-Eye on one dragon). He has gone through 20+ scrolls and has given up on that eye type!
If Scatter Eye is retired we need something to let us choose eyes, and remove eyes as well. I am creeped out by the Shadow Primal and Multi-Eye, and feel ill at the image of Plague Primal eyes (AND OH JOY ITS ON THE MAIN PAGE).
Lack of communication from staff is also very disheartening. I've been a active player for 5 years (starting tomorrow, at least) and communication used to be much better. I used to say that FR had the best staff I have seen..now not so much. I hope staff can find some way to fix this, and regain our trust..
frsig_by_shadria_anarchy-dc719i3.png
Support! I love the concept of eye types, but I think the execution is horrendous, and they are not dealing with it in an ideal fashion.

I want primal for one dragon, and would be interested in multigaze for another... But in each case, the chances of getting what I want are so very low (sub 1% chance low) and I've seen people say they've used over a hundred vials on one dragon and not gotten anything good... I'm just not going to waste my time and money trying.

And for the second one, I prefer the common eyes over the new eyes on him and if I run out of vials with him on rare... I'm stuck. To hell with that I'm just going to save my damn vials and sell them to the poor people who can't get them later. If they come out with a "revert to common" or don't retire the vials I might try for at least one of them.

Plus I hate rng as a mechanic. Especially when the coolest things are stupidly rare, and the boxes take so much damn effort to get.
Support! I love the concept of eye types, but I think the execution is horrendous, and they are not dealing with it in an ideal fashion.

I want primal for one dragon, and would be interested in multigaze for another... But in each case, the chances of getting what I want are so very low (sub 1% chance low) and I've seen people say they've used over a hundred vials on one dragon and not gotten anything good... I'm just not going to waste my time and money trying.

And for the second one, I prefer the common eyes over the new eyes on him and if I run out of vials with him on rare... I'm stuck. To hell with that I'm just going to save my damn vials and sell them to the poor people who can't get them later. If they come out with a "revert to common" or don't retire the vials I might try for at least one of them.

Plus I hate rng as a mechanic. Especially when the coolest things are stupidly rare, and the boxes take so much damn effort to get.
[quote name="Silvanuyx" date="2018-06-09 18:13:29" ] Plus I hate rng as a mechanic. Especially when the coolest things are stupidly rare, and the boxes take so much damn effort to get. [/quote] Gosh I feel this so hard. While I understand the mechanic may make things fairer in some ways and I know why it's implemented, the rarity level on something uncontrollable like the eyes--appearance related things on our dragons and entire reason this game exists, is ridiculous. We can even control colors to an extent, and the scatterscroll isn't retired. We're powerless unless we want to make our dragons' eyes glow or endlessly scatter in hopes of getting the desired outcome until no vials are left. Retiring a consumable is ridiculous too! Retiring the Imperial scroll actually makes sense since it was a KS reward, but where's the logic in retiring the scattersight vial?
Silvanuyx wrote on 2018-06-09 18:13:29:

Gosh I feel this so hard. While I understand the mechanic may make things fairer in some ways and I know why it's implemented, the rarity level on something uncontrollable like the eyes--appearance related things on our dragons and entire reason this game exists, is ridiculous. We can even control colors to an extent, and the scatterscroll isn't retired. We're powerless unless we want to make our dragons' eyes glow or endlessly scatter in hopes of getting the desired outcome until no vials are left.
Retiring a consumable is ridiculous too! Retiring the Imperial scroll actually makes sense since it was a KS reward, but where's the logic in retiring the scattersight vial?
chxjGgQ.gif

He/Him
BPco0tZ.png HQsa6bD.png xvCXjXc.png FR+3
Wait, there's been no solid response from the devs this whole time?

:^( I'm just so tired from this horrible fiasco that I can't even construct normal sentences anymore. Please, FRew, I looked up to you and you still remain as my favourite game devs but this is a bit much. I also have a feeling you have something else in store for us, some sort of compromise, a solution... but your silence is unnerving.
Wait, there's been no solid response from the devs this whole time?

:^( I'm just so tired from this horrible fiasco that I can't even construct normal sentences anymore. Please, FRew, I looked up to you and you still remain as my favourite game devs but this is a bit much. I also have a feeling you have something else in store for us, some sort of compromise, a solution... but your silence is unnerving.
1163.pnglPHbqY1.png15295.pngdominator_magma_robot_by_defunctbattery-db7x12o.gifznkYagL.png
Posting this so other people can see if they like, but here's the Contact Us email I sent to Staff concerning this issue. (On the update thread, Staff has locked it, and asked for players to send feedback via Contact Us). Also posting because I feel like it has a pretty good summary of issues.
Quote:
Hi!

I wanted to say first that I really like the idea of the new eyes, but I think the execution was ill-planned. There are several good threads in the Suggestions forum that go into detail why, but I'll outline some of my own reasons here.

First, this is a breeding game. People breed animals to get a desired outcome, and a random factor for such a big part of appearance is very frustrating. Not only that, but by also changing the base eye color to something different will have messed up several color schemes.

Second, you have introduced Body Horror, specifically with no filter. Multi-Eye, and the Shadow and Plague Primals are very clearly Body Horror, something that many people have intense phobias of, or even triggers of. Personally, I think some are cool (though Plague's unnerves me and I dislike even looking at it), not allowing a filter to exist could and will result in jump-scares when hatching eggs. This is not something someone can avoid, either, because hatching eggs in integral to the game.

Third, you have made the only way to change an unwanted eye type a limited, fairly hard to get item, and stated it will only be available for 3 day, ever. You introduced a permanent site change with an impermanent interaction. There is not even a Vial or Scroll to remove eye types, and make it common again, such as with Gene Removal scrolls. This feels very rushed, and as I said before, not well thought-out.

Speaking of rushed, Fourth is the messiness of the eyes themselves. Many of the designs feel and look rushed and incomplete. For example, many of the Primals look flat and don't match the style of Flight Rising in general. With Multi-Eye, you can actually see the white line around the transparency when on top of bright colors, the pupils do not match the species of dragon, the placement looks awkward, the pixel quality is low, and in some cases, the colors don't match the main pair of eyes.

So, in conclusion, the new eyes were a good idea, very interesting, but the follow-through on the idea was lackluster at best, and for some players (as evidenced in the Suggestions forum) worth quitting the game over, at worst. Paired with the general radio silence of the Staff, it's made for a very frustrating update.

Thanks for your consideration,

guildedParadox.
Posting this so other people can see if they like, but here's the Contact Us email I sent to Staff concerning this issue. (On the update thread, Staff has locked it, and asked for players to send feedback via Contact Us). Also posting because I feel like it has a pretty good summary of issues.
Quote:
Hi!

I wanted to say first that I really like the idea of the new eyes, but I think the execution was ill-planned. There are several good threads in the Suggestions forum that go into detail why, but I'll outline some of my own reasons here.

First, this is a breeding game. People breed animals to get a desired outcome, and a random factor for such a big part of appearance is very frustrating. Not only that, but by also changing the base eye color to something different will have messed up several color schemes.

Second, you have introduced Body Horror, specifically with no filter. Multi-Eye, and the Shadow and Plague Primals are very clearly Body Horror, something that many people have intense phobias of, or even triggers of. Personally, I think some are cool (though Plague's unnerves me and I dislike even looking at it), not allowing a filter to exist could and will result in jump-scares when hatching eggs. This is not something someone can avoid, either, because hatching eggs in integral to the game.

Third, you have made the only way to change an unwanted eye type a limited, fairly hard to get item, and stated it will only be available for 3 day, ever. You introduced a permanent site change with an impermanent interaction. There is not even a Vial or Scroll to remove eye types, and make it common again, such as with Gene Removal scrolls. This feels very rushed, and as I said before, not well thought-out.

Speaking of rushed, Fourth is the messiness of the eyes themselves. Many of the designs feel and look rushed and incomplete. For example, many of the Primals look flat and don't match the style of Flight Rising in general. With Multi-Eye, you can actually see the white line around the transparency when on top of bright colors, the pupils do not match the species of dragon, the placement looks awkward, the pixel quality is low, and in some cases, the colors don't match the main pair of eyes.

So, in conclusion, the new eyes were a good idea, very interesting, but the follow-through on the idea was lackluster at best, and for some players (as evidenced in the Suggestions forum) worth quitting the game over, at worst. Paired with the general radio silence of the Staff, it's made for a very frustrating update.

Thanks for your consideration,

guildedParadox.
h5gZsNL.gifdeity_gladekeeper_by_dogi_crimson-dabusrb.gif44je3LC.pngBBKeUas.gif
@guildedParadox , well said. Thank you for sending them an e-mail covering every point we've all been arguing this whole time, and thank you for taking the time to do it.
@guildedParadox , well said. Thank you for sending them an e-mail covering every point we've all been arguing this whole time, and thank you for taking the time to do it.
chxjGgQ.gif

He/Him
BPco0tZ.png HQsa6bD.png xvCXjXc.png FR+3
@Madrigalism

Thanks! I hope we all get some kind of response soon.
@Madrigalism

Thanks! I hope we all get some kind of response soon.
h5gZsNL.gifdeity_gladekeeper_by_dogi_crimson-dabusrb.gif44je3LC.pngBBKeUas.gif
Support on ALL the items, including 'revert to common', a continued way to get the scatterscroll, scrolls for eye types, and the induction of it in future hatchies.
Support on ALL the items, including 'revert to common', a continued way to get the scatterscroll, scrolls for eye types, and the induction of it in future hatchies.
Yes, a revert item would be excellent!
Yes, a revert item would be excellent!
tumblr_ona6ed8Hu71u9ymyzo6_r1_250.pngtumblr_on2sm1UsoN1u9ymyzo9_r1_100.png
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12