Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Reworking Mage Spell Abilities
1 2 3 4 5 6
support! if the magic system would be reworked in such ways, many more people would use mages !
support! if the magic system would be reworked in such ways, many more people would use mages !
6h4Ol4n.pngXiejUgd.pngvJUVQ0t.pngcGS2SD8.png
I support a lot! The closest thing I have to a mage is a healer, and he, frankly, doesn't really do anything besides top off my other fighters. I didn't even keep the elemental spells on him because they really weren't worth it-- he has more value buffing and healing, and that's what he turned into.

I love the idea of mages as well, and it's a shame that the Coli has such a lackluster set of spells for each element. I'd get into player vs player Coli battles if we could have more variety!
I support a lot! The closest thing I have to a mage is a healer, and he, frankly, doesn't really do anything besides top off my other fighters. I didn't even keep the elemental spells on him because they really weren't worth it-- he has more value buffing and healing, and that's what he turned into.

I love the idea of mages as well, and it's a shame that the Coli has such a lackluster set of spells for each element. I'd get into player vs player Coli battles if we could have more variety!
webp_net_gifmaker_by_scryzzethekat-dchbqn7.gif
|| Art Shop

|| Bio Templates
_______ |
|
|
|
|
_______

I am typically not
subscribed to my
threads; ping me
if unsure!
This has 100% of my support. Never have I ever seen a suggestion I supported more. PLEASE staff please I will send you all of my money if you implement this! ;_;

This would be such a great way to a) help diversify the Coli and b) make dragon elements actually important and useful rather than just window dressing!
This has 100% of my support. Never have I ever seen a suggestion I supported more. PLEASE staff please I will send you all of my money if you implement this! ;_;

This would be such a great way to a) help diversify the Coli and b) make dragon elements actually important and useful rather than just window dressing!
OVI5Wp2.gif
I support this! I think it'd make Coli more fun.

But a couple of ideas for some more Shadow based attacks:

Dark Curtain: Works like Shroud but is an AoE attack that has a chance to apply Blind to all enemies. (Lower damage than Shroud to make up for AoE)
Fear of Darkness: Targets a single enemy. Deals a small amount of damage but has a chance to apply Fear (and Fear would be defined as the target being unable to attack due to being shook to the core).
Shadowbinder's Wrath: Targets one enemy. High breath cost. Inflicts Doom on the target. (Doom would be an effect where it takes a number of actions from the period when Doom was inflicted to immediately taking out the enemy. Note when I say actions I mean instead of counting the turns of its target, it counts ALL turns. So say the Doom counter was 5 turns. Enemy is inflicted with it the turn before theirs. They take their turn, then after four more actions take place they are instantly KO'd)

Also maybe an altered version of Aid that can both heal and remove negative status effects? (This one could cost say 60-80 breath but removes status ailments and restores health.)
I support this! I think it'd make Coli more fun.

But a couple of ideas for some more Shadow based attacks:

Dark Curtain: Works like Shroud but is an AoE attack that has a chance to apply Blind to all enemies. (Lower damage than Shroud to make up for AoE)
Fear of Darkness: Targets a single enemy. Deals a small amount of damage but has a chance to apply Fear (and Fear would be defined as the target being unable to attack due to being shook to the core).
Shadowbinder's Wrath: Targets one enemy. High breath cost. Inflicts Doom on the target. (Doom would be an effect where it takes a number of actions from the period when Doom was inflicted to immediately taking out the enemy. Note when I say actions I mean instead of counting the turns of its target, it counts ALL turns. So say the Doom counter was 5 turns. Enemy is inflicted with it the turn before theirs. They take their turn, then after four more actions take place they are instantly KO'd)

Also maybe an altered version of Aid that can both heal and remove negative status effects? (This one could cost say 60-80 breath but removes status ailments and restores health.)
t88jSp8.png oie_Xj_B1a3gk_Y0hg.png FIND A DRAGON FORUM: If I make you an offer, please ping me either way! I would rather be told no than left hanging! Thank you! tumblr_inline_njw5iwmQUG1qg2i5p.gif
Full support! I have a lvl 25 mage who is sadly useless at the moment unless I head into golem workshop. If he had some variety of attack, and/or was actually viable in other venues I'd be way more into using him.
Full support! I have a lvl 25 mage who is sadly useless at the moment unless I head into golem workshop. If he had some variety of attack, and/or was actually viable in other venues I'd be way more into using him.
#UnnamedIsValid
Unnamed dragons need love too! There is no shame in having unnamed permas, having dragons with unnamed parents and/or offspring, or exalting unnamed dragons! Leaving dragons unnamed is a perfectly valid playstyle!

she/her or they/them
@SassmasterMaxie

I like your ideas, but I think the Doom affect would be too powerful, especially when player vs player is re-added. I think having it do a little damage per action would be more balanced and interesting (as it would be the only move to damage on each action rather than turn).
@SassmasterMaxie

I like your ideas, but I think the Doom affect would be too powerful, especially when player vs player is re-added. I think having it do a little damage per action would be more balanced and interesting (as it would be the only move to damage on each action rather than turn).
Need a fodder trainer build? Try one of these:
Kelp Beds - Leviathan Leveler - 2 Fodder Trainer
GLR + Mire - Ghire Gorer - 2 Fodder
Mire - Mire Mauler - 2 Fodder
GLR - Ruin Wrecker - 2 Fodder Trainer
Boreal Wood- Boreal Banisher - 2 Fodder Trainer
Harpy's Roost - Roost Rustler - 2 Fodder Trainer
Launch_Plans_-_Small.png
(Don't ping the staff)
@Mohenjo That might work better, like a more powerful Poison?

Could call it Venom maybe?
@Mohenjo That might work better, like a more powerful Poison?

Could call it Venom maybe?
t88jSp8.png oie_Xj_B1a3gk_Y0hg.png FIND A DRAGON FORUM: If I make you an offer, please ping me either way! I would rather be told no than left hanging! Thank you! tumblr_inline_njw5iwmQUG1qg2i5p.gif
@SassmasterMaxie

Nah, I think doom is still fitting, just change the text to "The afflicted creature slowly sinks into darkness" ;) it could also last 3 turns, but do damage each action. I would definitely try that with a fast shadow mage.
@SassmasterMaxie

Nah, I think doom is still fitting, just change the text to "The afflicted creature slowly sinks into darkness" ;) it could also last 3 turns, but do damage each action. I would definitely try that with a fast shadow mage.
Need a fodder trainer build? Try one of these:
Kelp Beds - Leviathan Leveler - 2 Fodder Trainer
GLR + Mire - Ghire Gorer - 2 Fodder
Mire - Mire Mauler - 2 Fodder
GLR - Ruin Wrecker - 2 Fodder Trainer
Boreal Wood- Boreal Banisher - 2 Fodder Trainer
Harpy's Roost - Roost Rustler - 2 Fodder Trainer
Launch_Plans_-_Small.png
(Don't ping the staff)
@Mohenjo Ahh yeah, that works! And I would totally have a shadow mage just for that! XD
@Mohenjo Ahh yeah, that works! And I would totally have a shadow mage just for that! XD
Doom as-suggested seems OP simply because of bosses to me - you shouldn't be able to 1hko a Frost Delver like that - but having the target take damage whenever they act would be nice. However, some other way to diversify it from regular bleed/poison seems crucial to me. Maybe it lowers the victim's defense and mind?
Doom as-suggested seems OP simply because of bosses to me - you shouldn't be able to 1hko a Frost Delver like that - but having the target take damage whenever they act would be nice. However, some other way to diversify it from regular bleed/poison seems crucial to me. Maybe it lowers the victim's defense and mind?
tumblr_inline_omxl63fueX1s9ucgw_500.gif
XPDxt22.png
1 2 3 4 5 6