Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Gems to Gold transmute system
1 2 3 4 5
[quote name="heirdragonair" date="2018-02-16 14:48:45" ] i get that a lot of u guys have a "well it aint broke so lets not fix it!" mentality towards even adding a currency tab on the auction house, but seriously. i just want something Easy that i dont have to go through a long process to get currency for a browser sim game [/quote] So you know what you do? [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=ge]Go buy the $100 package of gems from the site[/url] Then once your gems are delivered, open a forum post that says [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/ibaz]"Selling 10kg @ 840"[/url] Wait a few hours instead of these 'days' you are so angry about. You get your treasure, easy-peasy. Just bump your thread when it falls off the front page. Done.
heirdragonair wrote on 2018-02-16 14:48:45:
i get that a lot of u guys have a "well it aint broke so lets not fix it!" mentality towards even adding a currency tab on the auction house, but seriously. i just want something Easy that i dont have to go through a long process to get currency for a browser sim game

So you know what you do?

Go buy the $100 package of gems from the site

Then once your gems are delivered, open a forum post that says "Selling 10kg @ 840"

Wait a few hours instead of these 'days' you are so angry about.

You get your treasure, easy-peasy. Just bump your thread when it falls off the front page.

Done.

[quote name="heirdragonair" date="2018-02-16 14:27:30" ] @/elfin i mean, it makes sense, especially when gems are basically used for nothing besides buying skins. people mass hoard them and then have like no gold because everything u buy for gold [/quote] Sorry, but I really have no idea what you're taking about. Gems are by far the more useful currency. That you think the only thing people use them for is skins makes me question how much you've really thought about how others play the game. And that doesn't address the question of having 2 currencies if there's no actual distinction between them. I really just don't think this would be a good addition to the site, because it would limit the economy.
heirdragonair wrote on 2018-02-16 14:27:30:
@/elfin i mean, it makes sense, especially when gems are basically used for nothing besides buying skins. people mass hoard them and then have like no gold because everything u buy for gold

Sorry, but I really have no idea what you're taking about. Gems are by far the more useful currency. That you think the only thing people use them for is skins makes me question how much you've really thought about how others play the game. And that doesn't address the question of having 2 currencies if there's no actual distinction between them. I really just don't think this would be a good addition to the site, because it would limit the economy.
[quote name="heirdragonair" date="2018-02-16 14:48:45" ] i get that a lot of u guys have a "well it aint broke so lets not fix it!" mentality towards even adding a currency tab on the auction house, but seriously. i just want something Easy that i dont have to go through a long process to get currency for a browser sim game [/quote] Most people are actually in favor of a currency tab in the AH, in fact I don't think I have seen anyone say they DON'T want it. What people don't want is for inflation to go through the roof. It is already easy to get currency on this site if you are just dedicated enough. I made over 1700 gems in 2 days just by selling baldwin materials. I could have potentially made more if I had listed them for just a bit more, but I needed the gems. Bringing out another treasure generator with no corresponding treasure sink will only result in inflation getting out of control.
heirdragonair wrote on 2018-02-16 14:48:45:
i get that a lot of u guys have a "well it aint broke so lets not fix it!" mentality towards even adding a currency tab on the auction house, but seriously. i just want something Easy that i dont have to go through a long process to get currency for a browser sim game
Most people are actually in favor of a currency tab in the AH, in fact I don't think I have seen anyone say they DON'T want it. What people don't want is for inflation to go through the roof. It is already easy to get currency on this site if you are just dedicated enough. I made over 1700 gems in 2 days just by selling baldwin materials. I could have potentially made more if I had listed them for just a bit more, but I needed the gems.

Bringing out another treasure generator with no corresponding treasure sink will only result in inflation getting out of control.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
No support because it would set a gem:treasure ratio which is supposed to be market driven. It is NOT currently at 1:1000 but more like 1:850. Use the Items for Sale forum and either buy or sell to somebody with a thread already or set up your own.
No support because it would set a gem:treasure ratio which is supposed to be market driven. It is NOT currently at 1:1000 but more like 1:850. Use the Items for Sale forum and either buy or sell to somebody with a thread already or set up your own.
tumblr_inline_nebbd6PAZE1qmu9vp.png
If there was a fixed ratio, what would be the point of having treasure and gems as separate currencies at all? If they're going to do this, they might as well just change all gems to 1000 treasure each and change all gem item prices to 1000x treasure and be done with it.

It only makes sense to have two separate currencies if the site doesn't let you automatically convert between the two.
If there was a fixed ratio, what would be the point of having treasure and gems as separate currencies at all? If they're going to do this, they might as well just change all gems to 1000 treasure each and change all gem item prices to 1000x treasure and be done with it.

It only makes sense to have two separate currencies if the site doesn't let you automatically convert between the two.
I'd much rather an AH based system.

Somebody lists X amount of gems in the AH for X amount of treasure, if it's a good ratio, deal done. Otherwise, wait until something better comes up.

No support for a site-set ratio, not unless the site-set ratio was really crap, so you always got a crappy deal if you used it compared to users.
I'd much rather an AH based system.

Somebody lists X amount of gems in the AH for X amount of treasure, if it's a good ratio, deal done. Otherwise, wait until something better comes up.

No support for a site-set ratio, not unless the site-set ratio was really crap, so you always got a crappy deal if you used it compared to users.
byGS9bb.png VtFVqTA.png
UK time. Sorry for timezone-related delays in responses. They/Them.
The site setting a conversion rate is a bad idea. Currently the treasure to gem ratio is set by supply and demand, which is the healthiest option for the game's economy.

You can sell your gems to players in the items for sale board. I wouldn’t mind an auction house section to convert currency with other players at a player set rate as it’d be easier when you have odd hours

The biggest issue with a site run site set conversion mechanism is it doesn’t have the flexibility of a player one. If the conversion mechanism works with both treasure and James either way it will affect gems sales and with that funding for the site. If it’s only a one-way conversion in other words you can use the gems as you earn to buy treasure then it’s not going to have the ability to help as many people and it’s going to put the power in the hands of the gem sellers who will not sell below the side set one but will probably sell for much more as such using the site sent conversion will actually hurt people selling to the site because they get an worse deal
The site setting a conversion rate is a bad idea. Currently the treasure to gem ratio is set by supply and demand, which is the healthiest option for the game's economy.

You can sell your gems to players in the items for sale board. I wouldn’t mind an auction house section to convert currency with other players at a player set rate as it’d be easier when you have odd hours

The biggest issue with a site run site set conversion mechanism is it doesn’t have the flexibility of a player one. If the conversion mechanism works with both treasure and James either way it will affect gems sales and with that funding for the site. If it’s only a one-way conversion in other words you can use the gems as you earn to buy treasure then it’s not going to have the ability to help as many people and it’s going to put the power in the hands of the gem sellers who will not sell below the side set one but will probably sell for much more as such using the site sent conversion will actually hurt people selling to the site because they get an worse deal
3DS Friend Code: 5300-9941-4980
#UnnamedIsValid .:. Nature Sales Thread .:. Strider Subspecies
[quote name="heirdragonair" date="2018-02-16 14:40:35" ] i think u people dont seem to understand that im a human with a life outside of this game, and just want a quick way to get gold for my gems, instead of putting aside hours of my day to train fodder for money. im an adult with stuff to do, and soon ill have even more stuff to do per day. i just want something quick and easy. [/quote] Y'know, you don't have to be rude. You're new here. It seems like a good idea to you, but folks who have played this game for a while know that this would hurt the economy and players in the long run. We're all humans with lives outside of this game. You can get gold for your gems pretty quickly. Not instantly, sorry. But this game is a community game, so any changes like that effect everyone.
heirdragonair wrote on 2018-02-16 14:40:35:
i think u people dont seem to understand that im a human with a life outside of this game, and just want a quick way to get gold for my gems, instead of putting aside hours of my day to train fodder for money. im an adult with stuff to do, and soon ill have even more stuff to do per day. i just want something quick and easy.

Y'know, you don't have to be rude. You're new here. It seems like a good idea to you, but folks who have played this game for a while know that this would hurt the economy and players in the long run.

We're all humans with lives outside of this game.

You can get gold for your gems pretty quickly. Not instantly, sorry. But this game is a community game, so any changes like that effect everyone.
(Please don't ping me in the Suggestions Forum).
@heirdragonair A lot of other people have addressed the effect this would have on the economy, I just wanted to say something about these specific remarks: [quote](looking at the people in the ah selling fodder for thousands upon thousands of gold or hundreds or gems, and all the people in the sales forums that rip u off for nothing)[/quote] [quote]you have nothing but people ripping each other off in the sales forums, and the mess of prices that is the auction house[/quote] A dragon on the AH for above fodder price isn't, by definition, fodder. It's a dragon the seller believes, for any number of reasons, is nice enough that someone would want to keep it as a perma-dragon, so it's reasonable to expect them to pay more. They're not trying to cheat you by selling a super-expensive 'fodder dragon'. So far as gem:treasure exchanges on the forums go, the setup of the CR system is such that you don't need to trust someone won't rip you off - each party has the opportunity to review the trade and cancel it if the amounts don't line up. (If someone asks to make a currency exchange by any other means than a 2-way CR, they probably [b]are[/b] scamming and you should steer clear, but I've almost never seen this.) Support for the 'sell gems/treasure on the AH' idea some have mentioned, but for reasons of efficiency, not because anyone's going to shortchange you otherwise.
@heirdragonair

A lot of other people have addressed the effect this would have on the economy, I just wanted to say something about these specific remarks:
Quote:
(looking at the people in the ah selling fodder for thousands upon thousands of gold or hundreds or gems, and all the people in the sales forums that rip u off for nothing)
Quote:
you have nothing but people ripping each other off in the sales forums, and the mess of prices that is the auction house
A dragon on the AH for above fodder price isn't, by definition, fodder. It's a dragon the seller believes, for any number of reasons, is nice enough that someone would want to keep it as a perma-dragon, so it's reasonable to expect them to pay more. They're not trying to cheat you by selling a super-expensive 'fodder dragon'.

So far as gem:treasure exchanges on the forums go, the setup of the CR system is such that you don't need to trust someone won't rip you off - each party has the opportunity to review the trade and cancel it if the amounts don't line up. (If someone asks to make a currency exchange by any other means than a 2-way CR, they probably are scamming and you should steer clear, but I've almost never seen this.)

Support for the 'sell gems/treasure on the AH' idea some have mentioned, but for reasons of efficiency, not because anyone's going to shortchange you otherwise.
Y2CN2aK.png wc26tNn.png
[quote name="heirdragonair" date="2018-02-16 13:50:23" ] Seriously, this is a basic mechanic in most mobile apps, and there aren't enough interesting things u need to unlock using gems that you cant just use gold for. having some form of "transmute gems into gold" option would make a lot of sense. in general in the auction house its easy to see that 1 gem = about 1000 gold. just make a system to converts gems into that thousands worth of gold. it'd make everything a lot easier to do, especially since lair upgrades HAVE to be bought with gold. [/quote] Well, firstly, Flight Rising isn't a mobile app, so there's no reason for it to have a mobile app economic system. Gems are used for plenty of things -- the most important being Gem Genes, Gem Apparel, and Gem Breed Change Scrolls (Coatl/Wildclaw). Considering that a primary Gem Gene costs 1500Gems, which is a pretty hefty chunk of change, even a handful of Gems is often considered useful in working towards a goal. I understand that waiting for people to trade with you is annoying, and can be stressful within time constraints, but the fact that the admins refuse a set a Gem:Treasure ratio is a good thing. It's frustrating sometimes that it's player-run, but I will always prefer this method to the alternative. (See: GaiaOnline's economy) It would be very useful to be able to "sell" Gems for Treasure on the Auction House, essentially cutting out the Forums as the middle man. I support that option, and could see myself using it often. But I can't support an automatic transfer from one currency to the other. That money has to come from somewhere -- namely, other players. You've only been playing for a few days. Get used to how the game functions before making demands because "you have a life outside the game". We all do. We all deal with this -- and there are plenty of suggestions that may help you throughout this thread. Hopefully you can find a method that works for you.
heirdragonair wrote on 2018-02-16 13:50:23:
Seriously, this is a basic mechanic in most mobile apps, and there aren't enough interesting things u need to unlock using gems that you cant just use gold for. having some form of "transmute gems into gold" option would make a lot of sense.

in general in the auction house its easy to see that 1 gem = about 1000 gold. just make a system to converts gems into that thousands worth of gold. it'd make everything a lot easier to do, especially since lair upgrades HAVE to be bought with gold.

Well, firstly, Flight Rising isn't a mobile app, so there's no reason for it to have a mobile app economic system.

Gems are used for plenty of things -- the most important being Gem Genes, Gem Apparel, and Gem Breed Change Scrolls (Coatl/Wildclaw). Considering that a primary Gem Gene costs 1500Gems, which is a pretty hefty chunk of change, even a handful of Gems is often considered useful in working towards a goal.

I understand that waiting for people to trade with you is annoying, and can be stressful within time constraints, but the fact that the admins refuse a set a Gem:Treasure ratio is a good thing. It's frustrating sometimes that it's player-run, but I will always prefer this method to the alternative. (See: GaiaOnline's economy)

It would be very useful to be able to "sell" Gems for Treasure on the Auction House, essentially cutting out the Forums as the middle man. I support that option, and could see myself using it often. But I can't support an automatic transfer from one currency to the other. That money has to come from somewhere -- namely, other players.

You've only been playing for a few days. Get used to how the game functions before making demands because "you have a life outside the game". We all do. We all deal with this -- and there are plenty of suggestions that may help you throughout this thread. Hopefully you can find a method that works for you.
Need a Dragon Bio? Check out my Lore Shop!
tumblr_inline_naz0azrMBD1qg78ij.png
1 2 3 4 5