Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Gems to Gold transmute system
1 2 3 4 5
[quote name="heirdragonair" date="2018-02-16 14:06:45" ] [quote name="RedWillia" date="2018-02-16 13:57:15" ] One question as this suggestion is all too common - why is 1:1000 the "correct" ratio? Why not 1:850 that you could easily get on Item sales forum? Why not 1:50 or 1:4000? No support until some reasons for a fixed g/t ratio will be provided. [/quote] a 1:1000 ratio makes sense. its easy to understand at least to me. unless 1:850 is the proper conversion rate, 1:1000 is easy to understand and it makes sense. and besides, a 1:1000 ratio would Fix the gold:gems ration that varies for everything. and besides, its for simple conversion for when u need Gold. im not saying convert gold into gems (thats why theres microtransactions). but being able to convert my gems to gold quickly would save me a lot of grief when i dont have the time to play the games necessary to get that money. trading is fine and all, but then u have to wait for someone to actually trade with u. its a suggestion to make the game more user friendly for the people that arent Hardcore into the community (ie, someone like me, we doesnt like forums out of principal). if the admins want to make the conversion rate a changing variable depending on how things go in the sales forums and auction house, fine by me. i just want to convert my gems to gold to make things easier for myself [/quote] And 1:1 would make sense to me, so we're at a stalemate - just because it makes sense to you, that is not a reason do something. Instead of a fixed ratio, consider Vendrus' suggestion of an ability to list one currency for another on AH as a not player-run convertion is a hard no from me.
heirdragonair wrote on 2018-02-16 14:06:45:
RedWillia wrote on 2018-02-16 13:57:15:
One question as this suggestion is all too common - why is 1:1000 the "correct" ratio? Why not 1:850 that you could easily get on Item sales forum? Why not 1:50 or 1:4000? No support until some reasons for a fixed g/t ratio will be provided.

a 1:1000 ratio makes sense. its easy to understand at least to me. unless 1:850 is the proper conversion rate, 1:1000 is easy to understand and it makes sense.

and besides, a 1:1000 ratio would Fix the gold:gems ration that varies for everything. and besides, its for simple conversion for when u need Gold. im not saying convert gold into gems (thats why theres microtransactions). but being able to convert my gems to gold quickly would save me a lot of grief when i dont have the time to play the games necessary to get that money. trading is fine and all, but then u have to wait for someone to actually trade with u.

its a suggestion to make the game more user friendly for the people that arent Hardcore into the community (ie, someone like me, we doesnt like forums out of principal). if the admins want to make the conversion rate a changing variable depending on how things go in the sales forums and auction house, fine by me. i just want to convert my gems to gold to make things easier for myself

And 1:1 would make sense to me, so we're at a stalemate - just because it makes sense to you, that is not a reason do something.

Instead of a fixed ratio, consider Vendrus' suggestion of an ability to list one currency for another on AH as a not player-run convertion is a hard no from me.
JQQ3Fjt.png
honestly, im open to buying gold or gems from the ah for gold or gems, i mean, i do that in lioden all the time. i just dont want to have to spend 20 hrs trying to get all the gold i need by playing games that lag out or crash my browser. having a stockmarket bank in the trading post could also be fine, then the ration doesnt have to be stagenent, it changes with the economy in the game.

ive been thinking about this since i needed 60 k gold to upgrade my lair, and i was really annoyed i couldnt convert my gems at the time, and had to spend DAYS getting all that gold from gathering and selling, and playing near broken flash games
honestly, im open to buying gold or gems from the ah for gold or gems, i mean, i do that in lioden all the time. i just dont want to have to spend 20 hrs trying to get all the gold i need by playing games that lag out or crash my browser. having a stockmarket bank in the trading post could also be fine, then the ration doesnt have to be stagenent, it changes with the economy in the game.

ive been thinking about this since i needed 60 k gold to upgrade my lair, and i was really annoyed i couldnt convert my gems at the time, and had to spend DAYS getting all that gold from gathering and selling, and playing near broken flash games
@heirdragonair
I will tell you a tip to semi-quickly convert your gems - just buy adult dragons for gems and sell for treasure.
@heirdragonair
I will tell you a tip to semi-quickly convert your gems - just buy adult dragons for gems and sell for treasure.
JQQ3Fjt.png
[quote name="RedWillia" date="2018-02-16 14:10:43" ] [quote name="heirdragonair" date="2018-02-16 14:06:45" ] [quote name="RedWillia" date="2018-02-16 13:57:15" ] One question as this suggestion is all too common - why is 1:1000 the "correct" ratio? Why not 1:850 that you could easily get on Item sales forum? Why not 1:50 or 1:4000? No support until some reasons for a fixed g/t ratio will be provided. [/quote] a 1:1000 ratio makes sense. its easy to understand at least to me. unless 1:850 is the proper conversion rate, 1:1000 is easy to understand and it makes sense. and besides, a 1:1000 ratio would Fix the gold:gems ration that varies for everything. and besides, its for simple conversion for when u need Gold. im not saying convert gold into gems (thats why theres microtransactions). but being able to convert my gems to gold quickly would save me a lot of grief when i dont have the time to play the games necessary to get that money. trading is fine and all, but then u have to wait for someone to actually trade with u. its a suggestion to make the game more user friendly for the people that arent Hardcore into the community (ie, someone like me, we doesnt like forums out of principal). if the admins want to make the conversion rate a changing variable depending on how things go in the sales forums and auction house, fine by me. i just want to convert my gems to gold to make things easier for myself [/quote] And 1:1 would make sense to me, so we're at a stalemate - just because it makes sense to you, that is not a reason do something. Instead of a fixed ratio, consider Vendrus' suggestion of an ability to list one currency for another on AH as a not player-run convertion is a hard no from me. [/quote] i do support an ah tab for gold and gem buying and selling, but it would also be nice to just convert 1 gem for like 1000 gold at a bank or a stock market, like i know a lot of other games do.
RedWillia wrote on 2018-02-16 14:10:43:
heirdragonair wrote on 2018-02-16 14:06:45:
RedWillia wrote on 2018-02-16 13:57:15:
One question as this suggestion is all too common - why is 1:1000 the "correct" ratio? Why not 1:850 that you could easily get on Item sales forum? Why not 1:50 or 1:4000? No support until some reasons for a fixed g/t ratio will be provided.

a 1:1000 ratio makes sense. its easy to understand at least to me. unless 1:850 is the proper conversion rate, 1:1000 is easy to understand and it makes sense.

and besides, a 1:1000 ratio would Fix the gold:gems ration that varies for everything. and besides, its for simple conversion for when u need Gold. im not saying convert gold into gems (thats why theres microtransactions). but being able to convert my gems to gold quickly would save me a lot of grief when i dont have the time to play the games necessary to get that money. trading is fine and all, but then u have to wait for someone to actually trade with u.

its a suggestion to make the game more user friendly for the people that arent Hardcore into the community (ie, someone like me, we doesnt like forums out of principal). if the admins want to make the conversion rate a changing variable depending on how things go in the sales forums and auction house, fine by me. i just want to convert my gems to gold to make things easier for myself

And 1:1 would make sense to me, so we're at a stalemate - just because it makes sense to you, that is not a reason do something.

Instead of a fixed ratio, consider Vendrus' suggestion of an ability to list one currency for another on AH as a not player-run convertion is a hard no from me.

i do support an ah tab for gold and gem buying and selling, but it would also be nice to just convert 1 gem for like 1000 gold at a bank or a stock market, like i know a lot of other games do.
[quote name="RedWillia" date="2018-02-16 14:17:22" ] @heirdragonair I will tell you a tip to semi-quickly convert your gems - just buy adult dragons for gems and sell for treasure. [/quote] that literally fixes nothing and is already a problem (looking at the people in the ah selling fodder for thousands upon thousands of gold or hundreds or gems, and all the people in the sales forums that rip u off for nothing)
RedWillia wrote on 2018-02-16 14:17:22:
@heirdragonair

that literally fixes nothing and is already a problem (looking at the people in the ah selling fodder for thousands upon thousands of gold or hundreds or gems, and all the people in the sales forums that rip u off for nothing)
[quote name="Lonin" date="2018-02-16 14:10:30" ] We don't support a site run exchange, nor a fixed ratio. Gem value goes up and down with demand. In 2013 when treasure was hard to earn gems used to sell for 50 treasure each. Why should 1:1000 be the fixed rate just because it's roughly the current one? You can easily trade your currency in the items for sale forum. If you need to convert right this second you can do that with an extra fee (either sell gems cheaper or buy them for more), much like you want anyway. You'll always find someone willing to snap up a bargain. It'd be nice to be able to trade gems with other users through the AH though :D [/quote] but why do u [b]only[/b] support trading? especially when this is a staple in these types of games, and you have nothing but people ripping each other off in the sales forums, and the mess of prices that is the auction house
Lonin wrote on 2018-02-16 14:10:30:
We don't support a site run exchange, nor a fixed ratio. Gem value goes up and down with demand. In 2013 when treasure was hard to earn gems used to sell for 50 treasure each. Why should 1:1000 be the fixed rate just because it's roughly the current one?

You can easily trade your currency in the items for sale forum. If you need to convert right this second you can do that with an extra fee (either sell gems cheaper or buy them for more), much like you want anyway. You'll always find someone willing to snap up a bargain.

It'd be nice to be able to trade gems with other users through the AH though :D

but why do u only support trading? especially when this is a staple in these types of games, and you have nothing but people ripping each other off in the sales forums, and the mess of prices that is the auction house
What would even be the point of having a dual currency system if you could instantly convert one to the other?
What would even be the point of having a dual currency system if you could instantly convert one to the other?
@elfin i mean, it makes sense, especially when gems are basically used for nothing besides buying skins. people mass hoard them and then have like no gold because everything u buy for gold

also, gems are primarily gained via microtransaction (besides the daily ones u get for logging on, and the rare chance u can find them in a chest). you cant buy gold via microtransaction, you can only get gold from selling stuff, and playing flash game games google chrome can barely run without severe lag
@elfin i mean, it makes sense, especially when gems are basically used for nothing besides buying skins. people mass hoard them and then have like no gold because everything u buy for gold

also, gems are primarily gained via microtransaction (besides the daily ones u get for logging on, and the rare chance u can find them in a chest). you cant buy gold via microtransaction, you can only get gold from selling stuff, and playing flash game games google chrome can barely run without severe lag
[quote name="heirdragonair" date="2018-02-16 14:27:30" ] @elfin i mean, it makes sense, especially when gems are basically used for nothing besides buying skins. people mass hoard them and then have like no gold because everything u buy for gold also, gems are primarily gained via microtransaction (besides the daily ones u get for logging on, and the rare chance u can find them in a chest). you cant buy gold via microtransaction, you can only get gold from selling stuff, and playing flash game games google chrome can barely run without severe lag [/quote] Actually, you can get plenty of gold by buying dragons, training them in the coliseum, and either reselling them, or exalting them. I don't get you when you say gems are used for almost nothing. That's completely wrong. Gems are also more wanted than treasure. There is a lot of uses for gems, including the gem-exclusive breed scrolls and genes, the utility items like the Boon of Fertility, Scroll of Eternal Youth and Scatterscroll.
heirdragonair wrote on 2018-02-16 14:27:30:

Actually, you can get plenty of gold by buying dragons, training them in the coliseum, and either reselling them, or exalting them.

I don't get you when you say gems are used for almost nothing. That's completely wrong.

Gems are also more wanted than treasure. There is a lot of uses for gems, including the gem-exclusive breed scrolls and genes, the utility items like the Boon of Fertility, Scroll of Eternal Youth and Scatterscroll.

@heirdragonair

adult fodder dragons, when a Dominance push isn't active, sell for about 6,000-7,000 treasure or 8g. the dragons you see being sold for 500,000t or 600g are not considered the fodder dragons! usually those are sought-after because they're rare color schemes, gen1s, old dragons, have new genes, or belong to popular hatchery pairs.

redwillia is advising you to purchase these 8g adult dragons and then re-list them on the auction house for the equivalent in treasure (7,000 treasure or cheaper). This is a fast way to "convert" gems to treasure and vice versa, as fodder dragons are often bought quickly, especially during Dominance pushes.

no support for a site-mandated ratio or service, though. the auction house idea is fine, i'd be ok with that! but i'm someone who sells gems a lot and watching the market for when to sell is an important way for me to make treasure, since i usually do bulk sales!
@heirdragonair

adult fodder dragons, when a Dominance push isn't active, sell for about 6,000-7,000 treasure or 8g. the dragons you see being sold for 500,000t or 600g are not considered the fodder dragons! usually those are sought-after because they're rare color schemes, gen1s, old dragons, have new genes, or belong to popular hatchery pairs.

redwillia is advising you to purchase these 8g adult dragons and then re-list them on the auction house for the equivalent in treasure (7,000 treasure or cheaper). This is a fast way to "convert" gems to treasure and vice versa, as fodder dragons are often bought quickly, especially during Dominance pushes.

no support for a site-mandated ratio or service, though. the auction house idea is fine, i'd be ok with that! but i'm someone who sells gems a lot and watching the market for when to sell is an important way for me to make treasure, since i usually do bulk sales!
NY105Sx.gif
1 2 3 4 5