Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Auto-mention button?
1 2
I think it would be pretty useful to have a "mention/ping" button next to the quote & link buttons. It would be helpful to minimize the occurrence of a misspelled pings (I've missed a few replies because my username was misspelled).
I think it would be pretty useful to have a "mention/ping" button next to the quote & link buttons. It would be helpful to minimize the occurrence of a misspelled pings (I've missed a few replies because my username was misspelled).
dZN7FlK.pngSee progress on the Alchemy Flight!
tumblr_osrbsneh5V1v8lm95o3_r1_75sq.gif • Any pronouns
• I love random pings
• I subscribe to the threads I make
Only if we get a ping restriction beforehand. Not everyone likes to recive pings and people using a button will make it even easier to harass these people.
Only if we get a ping restriction beforehand. Not everyone likes to recive pings and people using a button will make it even easier to harass these people.
@Ismaiel
True, but this button would only work for the thread they posted on. Besides, if someone wants to ping you they would do it anyway, button or no. This is more for convenience sake and to avoid mishaps with misspelling or copy-pasting.
@Ismaiel
True, but this button would only work for the thread they posted on. Besides, if someone wants to ping you they would do it anyway, button or no. This is more for convenience sake and to avoid mishaps with misspelling or copy-pasting.
• I love random pings
It still causes a problem by the simple fact that the button will be loads faster available thus people taking even less time thinking about pinging persons - less time to read on wether or not they actaully want to recive pings. I'M not saying no to the ping button - all I'm saying is I want it AFTER we solve a problem that is likely to get worse by introducing the next feature.

Copy pasting is also pretty error free compared to typing. Especially with the new forum layout where reading got much harder with. But yes on mobile a button would be easier as soon as we solved the problem mentioned.
It still causes a problem by the simple fact that the button will be loads faster available thus people taking even less time thinking about pinging persons - less time to read on wether or not they actaully want to recive pings. I'M not saying no to the ping button - all I'm saying is I want it AFTER we solve a problem that is likely to get worse by introducing the next feature.

Copy pasting is also pretty error free compared to typing. Especially with the new forum layout where reading got much harder with. But yes on mobile a button would be easier as soon as we solved the problem mentioned.
I'd love a ping button far more than a friend one - at least for a ping to work, you also have to submit the post; and my username gets misspelled often enough. I'm going to say tentatively yes?
I'd love a ping button far more than a friend one - at least for a ping to work, you also have to submit the post; and my username gets misspelled often enough. I'm going to say tentatively yes?
JQQ3Fjt.png
I would frickin love one! Do you have any idea of how many pings and stuff i have missed becouse people pinged RockyDragon instead of me!?
I would frickin love one! Do you have any idea of how many pings and stuff i have missed becouse people pinged RockyDragon instead of me!?
Rocky | He/Him | CET [FR+9]
Art Fight | Art Shop
Yeah, people tend to misping me, such button would definitely help :D
Yeah, people tend to misping me, such button would definitely help :D
Only after the ability to opt out of pings is added otherwise the ease of being able to click a button and ping may increase trennumber of pings players who don’t like pings get. We’ve already had issues with ping harassment so it’s not an unreasonable request
Only after the ability to opt out of pings is added otherwise the ease of being able to click a button and ping may increase trennumber of pings players who don’t like pings get. We’ve already had issues with ping harassment so it’s not an unreasonable request
3DS Friend Code: 5300-9941-4980
#UnnamedIsValid .:. Nature Sales Thread .:. Strider Subspecies
I'd support this.

I'd support it without the 'no ping option' thing, to be honest. An individuals hang ups about a normal site function shouldn't be allowed to inhibit better functionality for the majority.

A no ping option might be nice to cut down on complaints from those who have a personal objection to them, but I'd support it in and of itself.
I'd support this.

I'd support it without the 'no ping option' thing, to be honest. An individuals hang ups about a normal site function shouldn't be allowed to inhibit better functionality for the majority.

A no ping option might be nice to cut down on complaints from those who have a personal objection to them, but I'd support it in and of itself.
byGS9bb.png VtFVqTA.png
UK time. Sorry for timezone-related delays in responses. They/Them.
Good idea, @Dragonsage, that would also be pretty useful!
Good idea, @Dragonsage, that would also be pretty useful!
• I love random pings
1 2