Suggestions
Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Ability to Edit Topic Titles
1 2
Okay, so with the new forums layout, one thing has been noticeable (at least to me): topic titles cannot be edited anymore.

This will definitely pose a problem to everyone who runs Dom Shop threads / Raffles & Giveaways / Dragon Search / Trading Dragon / Auction / Hatchery / Art Shop / Adoptable threads and the like, because what if the objective/s of the thread has been reached, (like, when there's a Dom raffle, the topic titles are edited to reflect that the raffles are being drawn and on what page, or whatnot as an example), or when an artist has full slots but they can't edit the topic title to say that the shop is temporarily closed as they get to their orders and the like?

Or for when a Dom Shop is online or offline, people can no longer accurately update the status of the threads to reflect that they're offline / online and looking / the objective of the thread/s has/have been met; with the new changes made to the forums, that practically makes this impossible at this point in time.

Please return the ability for topic starters to edit topic thread titles! This has been overlooked and it will defintely spell problems for everyone who runs the above-mentioned kinds of threads (and it would beat having to create new posts every single time for just one little thing, since people like to reuse old threads and keep those around instead of clogging up the forums with new threads just to sell a few things or do a quick search or anything familiar).
Okay, so with the new forums layout, one thing has been noticeable (at least to me): topic titles cannot be edited anymore.

This will definitely pose a problem to everyone who runs Dom Shop threads / Raffles & Giveaways / Dragon Search / Trading Dragon / Auction / Hatchery / Art Shop / Adoptable threads and the like, because what if the objective/s of the thread has been reached, (like, when there's a Dom raffle, the topic titles are edited to reflect that the raffles are being drawn and on what page, or whatnot as an example), or when an artist has full slots but they can't edit the topic title to say that the shop is temporarily closed as they get to their orders and the like?

Or for when a Dom Shop is online or offline, people can no longer accurately update the status of the threads to reflect that they're offline / online and looking / the objective of the thread/s has/have been met; with the new changes made to the forums, that practically makes this impossible at this point in time.

Please return the ability for topic starters to edit topic thread titles! This has been overlooked and it will defintely spell problems for everyone who runs the above-mentioned kinds of threads (and it would beat having to create new posts every single time for just one little thing, since people like to reuse old threads and keep those around instead of clogging up the forums with new threads just to sell a few things or do a quick search or anything familiar).
It's also a hassle because, for example, I have "Valentine's hatchlings" in my hatchery title at the moment. If I can't change the topic, I'm either stuck with it like that or I have to completely repost my thread.
It's also a hassle because, for example, I have "Valentine's hatchlings" in my hatchery title at the moment. If I can't change the topic, I'm either stuck with it like that or I have to completely repost my thread.
Oh my, that's definitely an oversight. Please fix it, admins, it's an important feature! I always use it for my auctions.
Oh my, that's definitely an oversight. Please fix it, admins, it's an important feature! I always use it for my auctions.
tu6vLx9.png
There's no way this isn't a bug. XD I'd hope the admins would have given us some sort of warning before setting the titles of every thread on the site in stone. Forever.
There's no way this isn't a bug. XD I'd hope the admins would have given us some sort of warning before setting the titles of every thread on the site in stone. Forever.
This definitely needs to be addressed. I run an art shop and often change the title to reflect whether I am open for business or not and this means I'm stuck with a title I can't modify. I definitely can't keep making a new thread every time my shop opens and closes!
This definitely needs to be addressed. I run an art shop and often change the title to reflect whether I am open for business or not and this means I'm stuck with a title I can't modify. I definitely can't keep making a new thread every time my shop opens and closes!
7PPXeIw.png
Another vote to bring the option to change post titles back. This will be an issue for anyone running a thread, especially sales, dom, raffles..
Another vote to bring the option to change post titles back. This will be an issue for anyone running a thread, especially sales, dom, raffles..

9jOAny1.png
I'm honna jopin and scream pkease bring back editibg.

It's ALSO affecting forum games tgat use topic title edits to list available slots, in addition to previous mentioned stuff.
I'm honna jopin and scream pkease bring back editibg.

It's ALSO affecting forum games tgat use topic title edits to list available slots, in addition to previous mentioned stuff.
[Xe/xir/xem pronouns
| |
Agender]
iwtfhg_by_intimer_genetics_inc-d9wq4o5.pngx5 Fandom Hunger Games

FHG Lore Thread
- Squiby adopt, click me!  
Squiby adopt, click me!  
Squiby adopt, click me!  
Squiby adopt, click me!
There's no reason it should have been taken away. Staff pls
There's no reason it should have been taken away. Staff pls
_AoxM1Eq.gif

_6wXBSea.gif

_Y8a8UOI.gif
{eri}{he/him}{queer}
c-ptsd | eid | autism

text blocks hurt and blur
tone is hard to read/write
be patient & speak clearly

I block rude people
black txt = mobile
AoxM1Eq.gif

5jzu2eM.gif

Y8a8UOI.gif
__SQuGAn8.png __BxzOIzZ.pngbYjFMU2.png1SFMfB4.gif
oh dear. this definitely needs changed. As a dom organizer, I oftentimes have to make my threads start out as [WIP] just so that no one pesters the thread while I'm getting my coding down. Or, when my art-for-fodder thread is up, I need the ability to change the header to indicate if it's opened or closed.

This needs changed. Absolutely needs fixed.
oh dear. this definitely needs changed. As a dom organizer, I oftentimes have to make my threads start out as [WIP] just so that no one pesters the thread while I'm getting my coding down. Or, when my art-for-fodder thread is up, I need the ability to change the header to indicate if it's opened or closed.

This needs changed. Absolutely needs fixed.
KmJfAle.png
86gRZVB.png
"May the Vruaik join our Mother in the Wound, as they are the pride of the Kajivruaiki."
Silver Scale Studios Tumblr
FR Tumblr
2yGTNC2.png
Phonetic Mockingbird for the Ursegal Language Project
This seems like a mistake... RIP anyone stuck with their thread marked open or closed
This seems like a mistake... RIP anyone stuck with their thread marked open or closed
jPdGQf9.gifhpoQiEo.gifZH076GS.gifGJYHAdC.gifaeT8NqI.gif
1 2