Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Coli camping screen issues
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 72 73
[quote name="SaikiyoLuna" date="2018-02-07 16:01:12" ] Edit: Concept! Dragons and items and items are super detailed which can make them hard to see especially if they blend in. What if we used runes? They're fairly simple symbols which if in a solid color would be very easy to identify. I whipped up a quick example (don't mind the terrible art) [img]https://i.gyazo.com/7c3f89411cf1fb33e0cc8783f254438a.png[/img] With a dark outline to define the shape and a glow to obscure the background they end up looking pretty clear. Questions can be simple things like 'find the fire rune' or 'what rune is/isn't a flight element' if you need them to be a bit harder then you could do 'what element is strong/weak against ____' Even when I take off my glasses I can tell them apart due to color. So if all the runes are in very different colors (solid base, outline and glow) it should be pretty easy for most people to see. [/quote] Support! Some added suggestions: 1) Since the Captcha Question is the SAME (find the dragon) - maybe it could have an association link based on the USER's FLIGHT. So they'd have to find THEIR flight icon. Or, 2) fix it so that the images do NOT share a common coloration with the background. Seriously Devs and Admins. Ya'll need an #a11y (accessibility) expert on your team as a consultant. Not everyone that plays Flight rising is fully abled. Do a poll, you'll see what I mean. <3 <3
SaikiyoLuna wrote on 2018-02-07 16:01:12:

Edit: Concept!

Dragons and items and items are super detailed which can make them hard to see especially if they blend in. What if we used runes? They're fairly simple symbols which if in a solid color would be very easy to identify.

I whipped up a quick example (don't mind the terrible art)

7c3f89411cf1fb33e0cc8783f254438a.png

With a dark outline to define the shape and a glow to obscure the background they end up looking pretty clear. Questions can be simple things like 'find the fire rune' or 'what rune is/isn't a flight element' if you need them to be a bit harder then you could do 'what element is strong/weak against ____'

Even when I take off my glasses I can tell them apart due to color. So if all the runes are in very different colors (solid base, outline and glow) it should be pretty easy for most people to see.

Support!

Some added suggestions:

1) Since the Captcha Question is the SAME (find the dragon) - maybe it could have an association link based on the USER's FLIGHT. So they'd have to find THEIR flight icon.

Or,

2) fix it so that the images do NOT share a common coloration with the background.

Seriously Devs and Admins. Ya'll need an #a11y (accessibility) expert on your team as a consultant. Not everyone that plays Flight rising is fully abled. Do a poll, you'll see what I mean. <3 <3
Huge support to SaikiyoLuna's concept! I feel it would help a lot of the issues we're having with this, though perhaps keep it with only the 11 flights?

Edit:
I'm 110% positive I clicked the correct thing on camping, but yet I got another immediately after? I really want to like this update but this is really turning me off from coli again, especially when I'm hunting golem bosses and getting an average of 4 of these before encountering just one boss. They're slowing me down exponentially and I don't see reason for such frequency and difficulty
Huge support to SaikiyoLuna's concept! I feel it would help a lot of the issues we're having with this, though perhaps keep it with only the 11 flights?

Edit:
I'm 110% positive I clicked the correct thing on camping, but yet I got another immediately after? I really want to like this update but this is really turning me off from coli again, especially when I'm hunting golem bosses and getting an average of 4 of these before encountering just one boss. They're slowing me down exponentially and I don't see reason for such frequency and difficulty
Snr7ysG.png HChIF4s.png
contrast is still not great. I'm having the headtilt to see if dragon on a laptop idek how small it would be on mobile. (it looks about the same size as in beta and that was horrible on eyes back then)
contrast is still not great. I'm having the headtilt to see if dragon on a laptop idek how small it would be on mobile. (it looks about the same size as in beta and that was horrible on eyes back then)
I don't remember seeing so many psychedelic background images for capchas in the beta... @_@ I can't see the dergs, so I'm just gonna have to follow the faint sound of Pink Floyd to find them.
I don't remember seeing so many psychedelic background images for capchas in the beta... @_@ I can't see the dergs, so I'm just gonna have to follow the faint sound of Pink Floyd to find them.
It takes Twelve Years for one Imperial pair to produce a Primal-eyed offspring of a specific sex. Goal-based breeding is dead.
Support! I just got locked out of monster fighting because I couldn't decipher any of the captchas the camping threw at me.

...how long are we generally locked out of fighting? It's pretty annoying since I generally like to get a bit of grinding in before work and there's a finite time frame for me to do that lol.
Support! I just got locked out of monster fighting because I couldn't decipher any of the captchas the camping threw at me.

...how long are we generally locked out of fighting? It's pretty annoying since I generally like to get a bit of grinding in before work and there's a finite time frame for me to do that lol.

Det Ellueccid,
Vikir rhynne ryu saar?
Erit retetne baj Naud'm Fuji

Elismist, with an S.
Please do not ping the wrong user!
[quote name="Drakenhart" date="2018-03-12 08:57:41" ] [quote name="SaikiyoLuna" date="2018-02-07 16:01:12" ] Edit: Concept! Dragons and items and items are super detailed which can make them hard to see especially if they blend in. What if we used runes? They're fairly simple symbols which if in a solid color would be very easy to identify. I whipped up a quick example (don't mind the terrible art) [img]https://i.gyazo.com/7c3f89411cf1fb33e0cc8783f254438a.png[/img] With a dark outline to define the shape and a glow to obscure the background they end up looking pretty clear. Questions can be simple things like 'find the fire rune' or 'what rune is/isn't a flight element' if you need them to be a bit harder then you could do 'what element is strong/weak against ____' Even when I take off my glasses I can tell them apart due to color. So if all the runes are in very different colors (solid base, outline and glow) it should be pretty easy for most people to see. [/quote] Support! Some added suggestions: 1) Since the Captcha Question is the SAME (find the dragon) - maybe it could have an association link based on the USER's FLIGHT. So they'd have to find THEIR flight icon. Or, 2) fix it so that the images do NOT share a common coloration with the background. Seriously Devs and Admins. Ya'll need an #a11y (accessibility) expert on your team as a consultant. Not everyone that plays Flight rising is fully abled. Do a poll, you'll see what I mean. <3 <3 [/quote] Huge support for this concept. I battle on mobile most of the time and it's a massive pain to zoom way in every time there's a captcha (and it's usually for something that's worthless to me, like exp or int., but that's another thread.) The elemental runes would be perfect for this since they're all distinct, and the glow would be a huge help in telling what is background and what is a clickable object.
Drakenhart wrote on 2018-03-12 08:57:41:

Edit: Concept!

Dragons and items and items are super detailed which can make them hard to see especially if they blend in. What if we used runes? They're fairly simple symbols which if in a solid color would be very easy to identify.

With a dark outline to define the shape and a glow to obscure the background they end up looking pretty clear. Questions can be simple things like 'find the fire rune' or 'what rune is/isn't a flight element' if you need them to be a bit harder then you could do 'what element is strong/weak against ____'

Even when I take off my glasses I can tell them apart due to color. So if all the runes are in very different colors (solid base, outline and glow) it should be pretty easy for most people to see.

Support!

Some added suggestions:

1) Since the Captcha Question is the SAME (find the dragon) - maybe it could have an association link based on the USER's FLIGHT. So they'd have to find THEIR flight icon.

Or,

2) fix it so that the images do NOT share a common coloration with the background.

Seriously Devs and Admins. Ya'll need an #a11y (accessibility) expert on your team as a consultant. Not everyone that plays Flight rising is fully abled. Do a poll, you'll see what I mean. <3 <3

Huge support for this concept. I battle on mobile most of the time and it's a massive pain to zoom way in every time there's a captcha (and it's usually for something that's worthless to me, like exp or int., but that's another thread.)
The elemental runes would be perfect for this since they're all distinct, and the glow would be a huge help in telling what is background and what is a clickable object.
giphy.gifold_mansig.pngmFaXmCJ.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gif

art shop banner
KkcUijP.png
old wc adopt gif
giphy.gif

Lewis link and G1 sales
goVYTQR.pngRsZjiBd.png

ghost hatchlings
TwEcIUG.png[/url] Ae0MsB2.png

Wishlist

B3w2s5h.jpg

Pixel Pearls

giphy.gif

SCP hatchery
1g9awbL.png
Click for Don't Starve/FR commissions! [TEMP CLOSED] (Casual collector of 6 digit dergs!)
vWYFQtR.png

wHRV9DG.jpg[/indent]
Coming back in here since it looks like the captcha was hardly changed, if at all. I'm still having a super hard time differentiating the dragon images and I'm really disappointed that staff went ahead with it on the rollout.

Part of the issue is that so many of the non-dragon images still look a lot like dragons -- notably, the familiars -- but there's still almost no contrast between the images and the background, and the images themselves are way too small. This seriously needs to be changed to keep the coli accessible to everyone.

Whenever you have a visual captcha, you're automatically making your site very difficult to access for anyone with vision issues (or even screen issues, sometimes). It takes a lot of effort to keep it accessible, but it's a very necessary effort on the part of the site developers, because otherwise you will start losing that part of your userbase. Since so many people (even those without vision issues) pointed this out to the staff during the beta, I was hopeful that the issue would be addressed, but clearly it hasn't been.
Coming back in here since it looks like the captcha was hardly changed, if at all. I'm still having a super hard time differentiating the dragon images and I'm really disappointed that staff went ahead with it on the rollout.

Part of the issue is that so many of the non-dragon images still look a lot like dragons -- notably, the familiars -- but there's still almost no contrast between the images and the background, and the images themselves are way too small. This seriously needs to be changed to keep the coli accessible to everyone.

Whenever you have a visual captcha, you're automatically making your site very difficult to access for anyone with vision issues (or even screen issues, sometimes). It takes a lot of effort to keep it accessible, but it's a very necessary effort on the part of the site developers, because otherwise you will start losing that part of your userbase. Since so many people (even those without vision issues) pointed this out to the staff during the beta, I was hopeful that the issue would be addressed, but clearly it hasn't been.
cb97ddd4-47eb-11e7-9a25-11207adb8873.gifd87f0b78-4802-11e7-8bb6-b56db8b8415b.gifd217fd0c-4803-11e7-9ac3-b56db8b8415b.gifd87f0b78-4802-11e7-8bb6-b56db8b8415b.gif31b4737d-47f9-11e7-a649-11207adb8873.gifd87f0b78-4802-11e7-8bb6-b56db8b8415b.gifb010ed63-4802-11e7-86f0-b56db8b8415b.gifd87f0b78-4802-11e7-8bb6-b56db8b8415b.gif5807c18f-480e-11e7-9dd4-b56db8b8415b.gifd87f0b78-4802-11e7-8bb6-b56db8b8415b.gifb010ed63-4802-11e7-86f0-b56db8b8415b.gifd87f0b78-4802-11e7-8bb6-b56db8b8415b.gifbd02d84f-4804-11e7-83b1-b56db8b8415b.gifd87f0b78-4802-11e7-8bb6-b56db8b8415b.gifd217fd0c-4803-11e7-9ac3-b56db8b8415b.gifd87f0b78-4802-11e7-8bb6-b56db8b8415b.gifd3ff9d7a-47eb-11e7-a31f-11207adb8873.gif
she/her, panrom ace
[quote name="SaikiyoLuna" date="2018-02-07 16:01:12" ] I whipped up a quick example (don't mind the terrible art) [img]https://i.gyazo.com/7c3f89411cf1fb33e0cc8783f254438a.png[/img] With a dark outline to define the shape and a glow to obscure the background they end up looking pretty clear. Questions can be simple things like 'find the fire rune' or 'what rune is/isn't a flight element' if you need them to be a bit harder then you could do 'what element is strong/weak against ____' Even when I take off my glasses I can tell them apart due to color. So if all the runes are in very different colors (solid base, outline and glow) it should be pretty easy for most people to see. [/quote] I really like this (or anything but what we currently get. I'm getting ones that are so bad like [url]http://prntscr.com/iq923w[/url] or like [url]http://prntscr.com/iq92f8[/url] and I just basically push what I think [u]might[/u] actually be a dragon.

I really like this (or anything but what we currently get. I'm getting ones that are so bad like http://prntscr.com/iq923w or like http://prntscr.com/iq92f8 and I just basically push what I think might actually be a dragon.
I honestly just wish the captchas were those distorted letter/number things or something like that. I don't have any serious vision problems, but I feel like this is a little hard?
I honestly just wish the captchas were those distorted letter/number things or something like that. I don't have any serious vision problems, but I feel like this is a little hard?
Cheerful Chime Almedha | share project
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
I collect Pulsing Relics!
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
I have perfect vision. I should be able to see a dragon immediately without problem. Yet sometimes it can take me minutes before I actually see it. This is bad. People with vision problems will have it much worse. The dragon just blends into the background in the worse examples and/or are flipped with familiars that look like dragon.

This NEEDS to be fixed. People with bad vision are being locked out just because they can't see the dragons, and there is no option to refresh the camping so you have a new image.
I have perfect vision. I should be able to see a dragon immediately without problem. Yet sometimes it can take me minutes before I actually see it. This is bad. People with vision problems will have it much worse. The dragon just blends into the background in the worse examples and/or are flipped with familiars that look like dragon.

This NEEDS to be fixed. People with bad vision are being locked out just because they can't see the dragons, and there is no option to refresh the camping so you have a new image.
407Ohsj.png
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 72 73