Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Coli camping screen issues
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 72 73
Ok, yeah, those captcha thins are WAAAY TOOO SMALL. I have normal vision, and I have to squint & lean close to the screen to see what the hell it is I'm supposed to be clicking on.

This also impedes flow of gameplay.

Here's my opinion:

The captchas need to be MUCH BIGGER.

The icons need t be MUCH MORE VISIBLE against the backgrounds.

And every 3-5 battles is WAY TOO OFTEN for a captcha. Ridiculously so. Even if you can get them so streamlined that the flow of battle is not interrupted, it's just annoying. They shouldn't be appearing more than every 15-20 battles MAX. I care far less about some tiny, fleeting battle bonus than I do fast, easy, painless grinding.
Ok, yeah, those captcha thins are WAAAY TOOO SMALL. I have normal vision, and I have to squint & lean close to the screen to see what the hell it is I'm supposed to be clicking on.

This also impedes flow of gameplay.

Here's my opinion:

The captchas need to be MUCH BIGGER.

The icons need t be MUCH MORE VISIBLE against the backgrounds.

And every 3-5 battles is WAY TOO OFTEN for a captcha. Ridiculously so. Even if you can get them so streamlined that the flow of battle is not interrupted, it's just annoying. They shouldn't be appearing more than every 15-20 battles MAX. I care far less about some tiny, fleeting battle bonus than I do fast, easy, painless grinding.
Dappervolk ID #27689
Rbf96Oh.gifCuK85yM.pngtRNevRC.gif
Just an idea of what it could be:

You know those "Click the street name ones". Something like that. So maybe click the IMP hatchling or something like that. I get FR wants to stick to the combat theme but theme<accessibility.
Just an idea of what it could be:

You know those "Click the street name ones". Something like that. So maybe click the IMP hatchling or something like that. I get FR wants to stick to the combat theme but theme<accessibility.
bEY99am.gif
All the stars seem so far gone
~He/him
~FR+3

Replace by the fading of the dawn
[quote name="Greyjoy" date=2018-02-06 12:07:29] Not only that, but it's horrible in certain colours. Might be okay for other people, but for people with the various types of colourblindness, it is not. [/quote] @Greyjoy I didn't even consider how this affected colorblind users. That's a great point!
Greyjoy wrote on 2018-02-06:

Not only that, but it's horrible in certain colours. Might be okay for other people, but for people with the various types of colourblindness, it is not.

@Greyjoy

I didn't even consider how this affected colorblind users. That's a great point!
LKUGPNw.giftumblr_inline_piazpj7mY51u2mdgr_540.pngB2gPcio.gif
I don't know if I'm technically color blind, but I do have a hard time determining specific shades of each color. All of the icons on a busy background at a tiny size with little contrast makes the captcha really difficult to do. I have to really stare at it a while to figure out where the dragon is.

I'm not against the captcha on principle, I understand that it's there to deal with botting, but I do agree that it's very inaccessible at this time and needs to be addressed. Larger images and higher contrast would be a start.
I don't know if I'm technically color blind, but I do have a hard time determining specific shades of each color. All of the icons on a busy background at a tiny size with little contrast makes the captcha really difficult to do. I have to really stare at it a while to figure out where the dragon is.

I'm not against the captcha on principle, I understand that it's there to deal with botting, but I do agree that it's very inaccessible at this time and needs to be addressed. Larger images and higher contrast would be a start.
WMVWGXM.png
[quote name="WrightNDesk" date=2018-02-06 19:47:20] I'm not against the captcha on principle, I understand that it's there to deal with botting, but I do agree that it's very inaccessible at this time and needs to be addressed. Larger images and higher contrast would be a start. [/quote] Ditto this. Not against having a captcha, just how it's currently implemented in the beta.
WrightNDesk wrote on 2018-02-06:

Ditto this. Not against having a captcha, just how it's currently implemented in the beta.
Dappervolk ID #27689
Rbf96Oh.gifCuK85yM.pngtRNevRC.gif
@WrightNDesk

I completely agree!

I understand why the captchas have to be a thing, with new forms of controls it'll be so much easier to program bots. I really hope people understand that, they're not implementing this for the fun of it.

I feel a little bad because I know the complaints and criticism can seem very dog piling on staff, but if we don't speak then we can't make things better.
@WrightNDesk

I completely agree!

I understand why the captchas have to be a thing, with new forms of controls it'll be so much easier to program bots. I really hope people understand that, they're not implementing this for the fun of it.

I feel a little bad because I know the complaints and criticism can seem very dog piling on staff, but if we don't speak then we can't make things better.
LKUGPNw.giftumblr_inline_piazpj7mY51u2mdgr_540.pngB2gPcio.gif
Yeah, wow, I have perfectly good vision but I still have to stick my face up to the monitor and stare at each thing on the captcha to figure out what's even going on there.
Yeah, wow, I have perfectly good vision but I still have to stick my face up to the monitor and stare at each thing on the captcha to figure out what's even going on there.
I completely support! I have good vision with my glasses, but boy, oh boy, are they SMALL. I have to lean in every time to make out what it is. I can only imagine what it must be like for people with impaired vision, even with visual aid.

How about making it a lighter venue/background that is partially transparent against a white backdrop, like how the vistas are in the forums, and have easily-distinguishable images, not all flipped around and colorized too similarly?

I completely understand why they're implemented and am fine with that, but they really need to be easier to see and define.
I completely support! I have good vision with my glasses, but boy, oh boy, are they SMALL. I have to lean in every time to make out what it is. I can only imagine what it must be like for people with impaired vision, even with visual aid.

How about making it a lighter venue/background that is partially transparent against a white backdrop, like how the vistas are in the forums, and have easily-distinguishable images, not all flipped around and colorized too similarly?

I completely understand why they're implemented and am fine with that, but they really need to be easier to see and define.
dXizOVT.gif
deviantART
♦ +3 FR Time ♦
♦ Born-Again Christian ♦
♥ ♥ Wishlist ♥ ♥
♦ ♦ For Sale ♦ ♦
Free Dragons
Free lv27 Cauldron
Animated Icons
Art Trades
NatakiroFR.gif      tumblr_inline_nt4mfidcqY1qkfp12_500.gif
     Ping, please!
So much support. I had to zoom in and then just to see what it took I picked up my laptop and turned it at which point I could then decipher what was a dragon. While I understand the stopping of bots this is a legitimate accessibility issue.
So much support. I had to zoom in and then just to see what it took I picked up my laptop and turned it at which point I could then decipher what was a dragon. While I understand the stopping of bots this is a legitimate accessibility issue.
Stuff will one day go here.
I am not visually impaired and I have a huge screen. Still I cannot bloody see the captcha correctly and I have to get super close to the picture to find the dragon. And even then when it's tone-in-tone it's still a matter of luck. Really hoping they change this.
I am not visually impaired and I have a huge screen. Still I cannot bloody see the captcha correctly and I have to get super close to the picture to find the dragon. And even then when it's tone-in-tone it's still a matter of luck. Really hoping they change this.
shop_banner.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 72 73