Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Coli camping screen issues
1 2 ... 27 28 29 30 31 ... 72 73
Another Hide-And-Seek "Why Are You Like This" Captcha for the records. This is so frustrating. [img]https://i.imgur.com/HCPvRkc.png[/img]
Another Hide-And-Seek "Why Are You Like This" Captcha for the records. This is so frustrating.

HCPvRkc.png
J7D1quC.png
CfG2LT1.png
XP7djFk.png
WKtl2lb.png
ll0CfnD.png
YMPbu9R.png
Well, if the captchas are hard on people with normal vision, you can only imagine what it must be like for someone like myself with achromatopsia, moderate photophobia, and nystagmus in my left eye. It's literally just abstract shapes and colorblind assistant doesn't help much in that case. I can never see the dragon or anything else so I just click wherever haha. Such a pain if you ask me. I just want to do stupid challenges in the coliseum and level up fodder. I don't need this stopping me from that. I liked the camping idea cause I thought it was a nice treat for people who farmed a lot to get a stat boost or whatever but once I figured out it was a way to stop bots (which didn't take long considering my disability), I found it incredibly unfair and it's really upset me that the people at Stormlight Workshop could be this inconsiderate to people like me where they usually aren't. Please fix this! Put an outline that contrasts with the surroundings (like a negative I guess?) around them or something. It's not like a bot would be able to tell the difference but at least us humans would.

Edit: I didn't realise this had been responded to previously by an admin. My outburst may have been a bit...tactless, however, I believe what I said still stands. But I am not as angry about it anymore, simply...frustrated and waiting now, I suppose. I won't say hopeful since it'll be some time before they figure it out and get it fixed so I'll simply wait considering there isn't much else I can do. I apologise for any offense I may have caused.
Well, if the captchas are hard on people with normal vision, you can only imagine what it must be like for someone like myself with achromatopsia, moderate photophobia, and nystagmus in my left eye. It's literally just abstract shapes and colorblind assistant doesn't help much in that case. I can never see the dragon or anything else so I just click wherever haha. Such a pain if you ask me. I just want to do stupid challenges in the coliseum and level up fodder. I don't need this stopping me from that. I liked the camping idea cause I thought it was a nice treat for people who farmed a lot to get a stat boost or whatever but once I figured out it was a way to stop bots (which didn't take long considering my disability), I found it incredibly unfair and it's really upset me that the people at Stormlight Workshop could be this inconsiderate to people like me where they usually aren't. Please fix this! Put an outline that contrasts with the surroundings (like a negative I guess?) around them or something. It's not like a bot would be able to tell the difference but at least us humans would.

Edit: I didn't realise this had been responded to previously by an admin. My outburst may have been a bit...tactless, however, I believe what I said still stands. But I am not as angry about it anymore, simply...frustrated and waiting now, I suppose. I won't say hopeful since it'll be some time before they figure it out and get it fixed so I'll simply wait considering there isn't much else I can do. I apologise for any offense I may have caused.
gs8As9u.png
[img]https://i.imgur.com/RIPDM8L.png[/img] I'm honestly starting to think that some of the captcha items/dragon are meant to be as close in shade to the bg as possible omg
RIPDM8L.png
I'm honestly starting to think that some of the captcha items/dragon are meant to be as close in shade to the bg as possible omg
Snr7ysG.png HChIF4s.png
I agree that Camping screens are annoying. What if they were at least changed to say the breed type?

I know that doesn't solve the color issue and the busy backgrounds, but it helps put the brain in the right mindset because "Click the Skydancer" is easier to visualize than "Click the dragon". Because you have like, 42 possible images (14 breeds, two genders, and hatchlings) to think of.

But honestly, I don't understand why the capchas have to be confusing and multi-colored and busy. The main purpose is to stop bots, right? Not to make a challenge. The bonuses aren't all that much to care about in my opinion, so I don't think making the capchas easier would do much harm.

Or, what if staff could make it so you can opt to have easier capchas? For those with vision problems or personal problems that make looking at busy backgrounds and blended objects an issue. I know it would probably just end up being used by everyone, but it's something that could be done.
I agree that Camping screens are annoying. What if they were at least changed to say the breed type?

I know that doesn't solve the color issue and the busy backgrounds, but it helps put the brain in the right mindset because "Click the Skydancer" is easier to visualize than "Click the dragon". Because you have like, 42 possible images (14 breeds, two genders, and hatchlings) to think of.

But honestly, I don't understand why the capchas have to be confusing and multi-colored and busy. The main purpose is to stop bots, right? Not to make a challenge. The bonuses aren't all that much to care about in my opinion, so I don't think making the capchas easier would do much harm.

Or, what if staff could make it so you can opt to have easier capchas? For those with vision problems or personal problems that make looking at busy backgrounds and blended objects an issue. I know it would probably just end up being used by everyone, but it's something that could be done.
dlJsEIj.png
A lot of great ideas on how to improve the captcha system have been mentioned. It's disheartening to see there still hasn't been word on improving things from the staff's end, though. I hope this problem isn't going to be swept under the rug or put on permanent backburner like a lot of color/gene issues have been. I want to go back to doing Coli for food and mats, but fighting with captcha issues kills that desire.
A lot of great ideas on how to improve the captcha system have been mentioned. It's disheartening to see there still hasn't been word on improving things from the staff's end, though. I hope this problem isn't going to be swept under the rug or put on permanent backburner like a lot of color/gene issues have been. I want to go back to doing Coli for food and mats, but fighting with captcha issues kills that desire.
ccDyspX.png
http://flightrising.com/image_generators/puzzle.php?id=2404892
I can't show the image due to device issues, but come on, this is awful.
http://flightrising.com/image_generators/puzzle.php?id=2404892
I can't show the image due to device issues, but come on, this is awful.
Caught between the mundanely awkward and the existentially impossible.
-Alice Isn't Dead, Part 2, chapter 4, 11:55

Popping back on for WaveSat and I gotta say, I'm disappointed that there's been no further update. This really isn't like a color adjustment that can be put at the bottom of the project list and forgotten about. I hate to give up on the site after all these years but I don't want to wait around hoping for change that isn't coming.

This thread was created the first week of February. That's nearly three whole months since the issue was first pointed out to at least announce that a solution is in the works. At this point I feel like we have to assume nothing's going to be done.
Popping back on for WaveSat and I gotta say, I'm disappointed that there's been no further update. This really isn't like a color adjustment that can be put at the bottom of the project list and forgotten about. I hate to give up on the site after all these years but I don't want to wait around hoping for change that isn't coming.

This thread was created the first week of February. That's nearly three whole months since the issue was first pointed out to at least announce that a solution is in the works. At this point I feel like we have to assume nothing's going to be done.
cb97ddd4-47eb-11e7-9a25-11207adb8873.gifd87f0b78-4802-11e7-8bb6-b56db8b8415b.gifd217fd0c-4803-11e7-9ac3-b56db8b8415b.gifd87f0b78-4802-11e7-8bb6-b56db8b8415b.gif31b4737d-47f9-11e7-a649-11207adb8873.gifd87f0b78-4802-11e7-8bb6-b56db8b8415b.gifb010ed63-4802-11e7-86f0-b56db8b8415b.gifd87f0b78-4802-11e7-8bb6-b56db8b8415b.gif5807c18f-480e-11e7-9dd4-b56db8b8415b.gifd87f0b78-4802-11e7-8bb6-b56db8b8415b.gifb010ed63-4802-11e7-86f0-b56db8b8415b.gifd87f0b78-4802-11e7-8bb6-b56db8b8415b.gifbd02d84f-4804-11e7-83b1-b56db8b8415b.gifd87f0b78-4802-11e7-8bb6-b56db8b8415b.gifd217fd0c-4803-11e7-9ac3-b56db8b8415b.gifd87f0b78-4802-11e7-8bb6-b56db8b8415b.gifd3ff9d7a-47eb-11e7-a31f-11207adb8873.gif
she/her, panrom ace
Is this dragon (bottom left).... wearing apparel? [img]https://i.imgur.com/Cm8CCrp.png[/img] You've gotta be kidding me right? Who on earth thought [i]that[/i] was a good idea? I was willing to give this captcha nonsense some slack at first but [i]this[/i] is just flat out embarrassing. They're tiny images that are usually on similarly-coloured backgrounds as it is but to slap apparel on them? Did no one seriously second guess that?
Is this dragon (bottom left).... wearing apparel?

Cm8CCrp.png

You've gotta be kidding me right? Who on earth thought that was a good idea?

I was willing to give this captcha nonsense some slack at first but this is just flat out embarrassing. They're tiny images that are usually on similarly-coloured backgrounds as it is but to slap apparel on them? Did no one seriously second guess that?
34788.png __ kai | he/they | FR+3
» selling / trading thread
» looking for accent wearers
Well, the capcha's are hard enough with fairly good vision and a big screen, but it is impossible on a phone. It doesn't matter where I click, it just lights up about a quarter of the screen somewhere near the place I put my finger. (and I fail off course XD )
Well, the capcha's are hard enough with fairly good vision and a big screen, but it is impossible on a phone. It doesn't matter where I click, it just lights up about a quarter of the screen somewhere near the place I put my finger. (and I fail off course XD )
Considering people have been asking for better accessibility for years now (at least since I joined in 2014), I really don't understand why the dragons in the captchas seem to be deliberately picked to blend in as much as possible.

I've been on and off farming the whole day and I got one captcha I was able to solve without any issues. One.
Considering people have been asking for better accessibility for years now (at least since I joined in 2014), I really don't understand why the dragons in the captchas seem to be deliberately picked to blend in as much as possible.

I've been on and off farming the whole day and I got one captcha I was able to solve without any issues. One.
..............QPMqEIe.png DtSukjn.png
ED7Ocw5.png
Wwl9tUS.png
btj5Ikk.png
1 2 ... 27 28 29 30 31 ... 72 73