Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Each dragon has a private hoard(mockup)
1 2 3 4
[b]Edit: this was already mentioned here: [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/sug/38347/1]Personal dragon hoards [with sink][/url][/b] My take on that thread: [list][*]There should [i]not [/i]be a treasure fee to add and remove items from individual hoards. [*]Items should [i]not [/i]be lost when removed (they're just added back to the main hoard, which makes more sense lore-wise.)[/list] ----- [b]My idea:[/b] Basically, i've seen around that people headcannon their dragons collecting certain items; be that fishes or skulls or whathaveyou. At the moment, this can be posted in their bio but it has no real tie-in with your *actual* horde. It's always bothered me that the items in your horde aren't even aesthetic, they're just useless. So this proposes a box between the lineage box and information box, that [b]you can "add" stuff to from your hoard. This is public, so anyone can see how many items your dragon has.[/b] And the items in this area disappear from your hoard (as though you added them to your vault) so it could be used to store items for raffles, DOM battles, etc beyond lore reasons. [b]The difference between this box and the BBCoded information box is that this one is live tied to your hoard and displays actual values[/b], and works as a sort of "folder" system allowing you to store items under different dragons. Like apparel, you'd need to empty a dragon's hoard before selling/exalting it. [b]Public users would be able to see a count of that item beneath it in the dragon's hoard, so you can show off your hundreds upon hundreds of squirrel skulls[/b], if you really want. The user who owns the dragon would be able to see a UI similar to the hoard (possibly after hitting edit, possibly all the time) where they can remove items. Items are added to the dragon's individual hoard either through a button in the main hoard, or through an "add items" button on the dragon's individual hoard box. So, to clarify: [list][*]Each dragon has a "hoard" box between their apparel/children/familiar box and the information box. [*]Any item from your hoard can be added to this box. [*]Once added, they disappear from your horde and appear in the individual dragon's box. [*]Public users can see what items and how many are in the dragon's horde. [*]It's free to add and remove items from the hoard. [*]Items removed from the dragon's horde return to your main horde.[/list] ----- [b]Feedback:[/b] [list][*]The box would need to disappear if empty [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/sug/2340174/1#post_30923624][1][/url] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/sug/2340174/1#post_30924421][2][/url] or possibly just shrink down to a bar that says "hoard" [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/sug/2340174/1#post_30924199][3][/url] or have it be toggled under account settings [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/sug/2340174/1#post_30924696][4][/url] [/list] [quote name="PersimmonBird" date="2018-03-22 13:13:19" url="http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/sug/2340174/2#post_32306383"] This seems like a neat idea but I'm a little leery of the thought of having to go to the dragon's page each time you want to interact with "their" hoard, perhaps tabs in the actual hoard and you can assign them to a dragon and select for it to display from there? That way you could add and remove items from the hoard page with the same sort of functionality as adding/removing from the vault. Then when you want/need something you don't have to either remember exactly what and how much everybody has or go looking through each individual's page, you can still check from your hoard as usual. Though being able to edit "their" hoard from that dragon's page would be a good thing and both options together would be best, I think being able to handle everything from the hoard if you choose to would be a little easier than running around your lair for every edit. For a treasure sink maybe you get one given to you as part of the regular hoard, and can buy more if you choose. I'd think a fee per item might discourage use more than a one-time higher cost for a tab that can be assigned to whichever dragon you choose and reassigned if needed. [/quote] [quote name="TheSilverFox" date="2018-09-13 19:35:46" ] Support, but I would not want it above the bio. I think it'd need to be below the bio. It's just too clunky with it above the bio. So support if it is below the bio/you can toggle it on/off, move it? No support if it's only above bio. [/quote] ----- [b]Auto-feeder feedback:[/b] [quote name="Shadowself" date="2017-12-21 17:38:52" ] I like the idea as long as the box disappears when not in use. Also it would be useful if the dragons eat the food that is in their hoard, sort of an automatic feeding method this way their energy stays topped off if you're away for a few days. [/quote] [quote name="quinnelope" date="2018-03-19 16:28:30" ] I support most aspects of this - except for the auto-feeding. You should get a well-fed bonus from personally keeping your dragons fed, not from an auto-feeder. It's a small thing, but so is logging in for consecutive days. If you can't, then you lose the small thing, and that's okay because you can get it back.[/quote] [quote name="nekosysteme" date="2018-09-16 06:18:01" ]However, for the auto-feeder, I’m not sure. Would it automatically take food item stored in their hoard when they miss a few energy points? Food items are one of my favorite thing to hoard. I wouldn’t be happy if they were gone away because I didn’t log in one day. Plus I don’t see the point of the feeder if it doesn’t give you the bonus. If you have enough food point, why does it matter that when you leave for a few days, your dragon looses energy and needs to be fed a lot once you come back? [/quote] ----- Mockup: [img]https://i.imgur.com/air0pFy.jpg[/img] ------ [img]https://i.imgur.com/1EchTiP.jpg[/img] ------ [img]https://i.imgur.com/2oSPBFq.jpg[/img] ------ (I created this mockup using the inspect element function in my browser, and copy+pasted some html around. I pulled the code for the items from the hoard, and I copied the code for the original bio and just made it smaller. This in no way actually changed the webpage.)
Edit: this was already mentioned here: Personal dragon hoards [with sink]
My take on that thread:
  • There should not be a treasure fee to add and remove items from individual hoards.
  • Items should not be lost when removed (they're just added back to the main hoard, which makes more sense lore-wise.)

My idea:
Basically, i've seen around that people headcannon their dragons collecting certain items; be that fishes or skulls or whathaveyou. At the moment, this can be posted in their bio but it has no real tie-in with your *actual* horde. It's always bothered me that the items in your horde aren't even aesthetic, they're just useless.

So this proposes a box between the lineage box and information box, that you can "add" stuff to from your hoard. This is public, so anyone can see how many items your dragon has. And the items in this area disappear from your hoard (as though you added them to your vault) so it could be used to store items for raffles, DOM battles, etc beyond lore reasons.

The difference between this box and the BBCoded information box is that this one is live tied to your hoard and displays actual values, and works as a sort of "folder" system allowing you to store items under different dragons. Like apparel, you'd need to empty a dragon's hoard before selling/exalting it.

Public users would be able to see a count of that item beneath it in the dragon's hoard, so you can show off your hundreds upon hundreds of squirrel skulls, if you really want. The user who owns the dragon would be able to see a UI similar to the hoard (possibly after hitting edit, possibly all the time) where they can remove items.

Items are added to the dragon's individual hoard either through a button in the main hoard, or through an "add items" button on the dragon's individual hoard box.

So, to clarify:
  • Each dragon has a "hoard" box between their apparel/children/familiar box and the information box.
  • Any item from your hoard can be added to this box.
  • Once added, they disappear from your horde and appear in the individual dragon's box.
  • Public users can see what items and how many are in the dragon's horde.
  • It's free to add and remove items from the hoard.
  • Items removed from the dragon's horde return to your main horde.

• The box would need to disappear if empty [1] [2] or possibly just shrink down to a bar that says "hoard" [3] or have it be toggled under account settings [4]
This seems like a neat idea but I'm a little leery of the thought of having to go to the dragon's page each time you want to interact with "their" hoard, perhaps tabs in the actual hoard and you can assign them to a dragon and select for it to display from there? That way you could add and remove items from the hoard page with the same sort of functionality as adding/removing from the vault.
Then when you want/need something you don't have to either remember exactly what and how much everybody has or go looking through each individual's page, you can still check from your hoard as usual.

Though being able to edit "their" hoard from that dragon's page would be a good thing and both options together would be best, I think being able to handle everything from the hoard if you choose to would be a little easier than running around your lair for every edit.

For a treasure sink maybe you get one given to you as part of the regular hoard, and can buy more if you choose. I'd think a fee per item might discourage use more than a one-time higher cost for a tab that can be assigned to whichever dragon you choose and reassigned if needed.
TheSilverFox wrote on 2018-09-13 19:35:46:
Support, but I would not want it above the bio.
I think it'd need to be below the bio. It's just too clunky with it above the bio.

So support if it is below the bio/you can toggle it on/off, move it?
No support if it's only above bio.

Auto-feeder feedback:
Shadowself wrote on 2017-12-21 17:38:52:
I like the idea as long as the box disappears when not in use. Also it would be useful if the dragons eat the food that is in their hoard, sort of an automatic feeding method this way their energy stays topped off if you're away for a few days.
quinnelope wrote on 2018-03-19 16:28:30:
I support most aspects of this - except for the auto-feeding.

You should get a well-fed bonus from personally keeping your dragons fed, not from an auto-feeder. It's a small thing, but so is logging in for consecutive days. If you can't, then you lose the small thing, and that's okay because you can get it back.
nekosysteme wrote on 2018-09-16 06:18:01:
However, for the auto-feeder, I’m not sure. Would it automatically take food item stored in their hoard when they miss a few energy points? Food items are one of my favorite thing to hoard. I wouldn’t be happy if they were gone away because I didn’t log in one day. Plus I don’t see the point of the feeder if it doesn’t give you the bonus. If you have enough food point, why does it matter that when you leave for a few days, your dragon looses energy and needs to be fed a lot once you come back?

Mockup:
air0pFy.jpg
1EchTiP.jpg
2oSPBFq.jpg
(I created this mockup using the inspect element function in my browser, and copy+pasted some html around. I pulled the code for the items from the hoard, and I copied the code for the original bio and just made it smaller. This in no way actually changed the webpage.)
dNCLmdm.png u Spreadsheet Enthusiast u My tools website
u Wishlist u CC Free Bio Resources
u My suggestions u Offsite Tools Masterlist
-
- Please pick dragons from my hibden for forum games! -
I subscribe to every thread I make.
Full support!

I absolutely love the idea of being able to make your dragons' hoards officially visible. Your mock-up looks clean and uncluttered. Like you, I don't see any reason for there to be a cost to transfer items to a dragon's hoard, nor for them to disappear when you withdraw them -- after all, it's essentially a visible Vault, and we don't have to pay to use the Vault, nor do items disappear when we withdraw them.

As a lore junkie, I really hope this is implemented!
Full support!

I absolutely love the idea of being able to make your dragons' hoards officially visible. Your mock-up looks clean and uncluttered. Like you, I don't see any reason for there to be a cost to transfer items to a dragon's hoard, nor for them to disappear when you withdraw them -- after all, it's essentially a visible Vault, and we don't have to pay to use the Vault, nor do items disappear when we withdraw them.

As a lore junkie, I really hope this is implemented!
qd7QmLu.png

the shatterglass sanctum
they/them | 28

dragons for sale || lorebook
No support. I'm not going to use it and I really don't want an empty box cluttering my dragons bio.

If this was optional I could support. But as long as this box is a 'must have' addition I don't wnat this at all especially since the function does not add anything to the hame. Items can allready be shown of in a dragons bio without this function.
No support. I'm not going to use it and I really don't want an empty box cluttering my dragons bio.

If this was optional I could support. But as long as this box is a 'must have' addition I don't wnat this at all especially since the function does not add anything to the hame. Items can allready be shown of in a dragons bio without this function.
Support!

However, to address concerns like @Ismaiel above, perhaps it disappears when empty, or downgrades to just the bar that's says 'Hoard'. Would that make it more appealing?
Support!

However, to address concerns like @Ismaiel above, perhaps it disappears when empty, or downgrades to just the bar that's says 'Hoard'. Would that make it more appealing?
Caught between the mundanely awkward and the existentially impossible.
-Alice Isn't Dead, Part 2, chapter 4, 11:55

@Zygon

I'd much prefer it was not there at all when left empty. As I don't see an add butto at the mockup (which might be placed elsewhere or plain forgotten - I don't know) I prefer to have a small button - maybe just having a small hoard symbol that triggers a promt to fill this box. Allover that function should be unobtrusive when not used or be opted in in the account settings if people that want to use this fear they will miss the button otherwise.

I think there are a lot of ways to make this work without changing the original layout too much or become a bother to those not using it. All in all I generally prefer less/smaller boxes on the dragons profile - but that is another suggestion.
@Zygon

I'd much prefer it was not there at all when left empty. As I don't see an add butto at the mockup (which might be placed elsewhere or plain forgotten - I don't know) I prefer to have a small button - maybe just having a small hoard symbol that triggers a promt to fill this box. Allover that function should be unobtrusive when not used or be opted in in the account settings if people that want to use this fear they will miss the button otherwise.

I think there are a lot of ways to make this work without changing the original layout too much or become a bother to those not using it. All in all I generally prefer less/smaller boxes on the dragons profile - but that is another suggestion.
I love this idea! But to go with what @Ismaiel said, perhaps we could make it optional under "account settings", so you don't have to see it
I love this idea! But to go with what @Ismaiel said, perhaps we could make it optional under "account settings", so you don't have to see it
scruffy.png heyyy
hey you! yea, that's right.....
YOU!
want a free dragon? or to get rid of one?
clicky here :))
heyyy jt3PpxV.png TWBwqEH.png
So far it seems like there's general support for this, as long as it's an optional feature/the box disappears when not in use.
So far it seems like there's general support for this, as long as it's an optional feature/the box disappears when not in use.
dNCLmdm.png u Spreadsheet Enthusiast u My tools website
u Wishlist u CC Free Bio Resources
u My suggestions u Offsite Tools Masterlist
-
- Please pick dragons from my hibden for forum games! -
I subscribe to every thread I make.
Personally I'd really love if something like this were to be implemented! It'd be fun to show off some of my item hoards on my dragons.

I definitely agree that if it isn't in use that it should be hidden, though.
Personally I'd really love if something like this were to be implemented! It'd be fun to show off some of my item hoards on my dragons.

I definitely agree that if it isn't in use that it should be hidden, though.
x.x
zPhqDAB.png x

tumblr_osqe959pr91v8lm95o1_75sq.gif
x

Ashki
earth dom lead

sales | mercs
goals | mochi
x

tumblr_osqe959pr91v8lm95o1_75sq.gif
x
hjhGLON.png
I like the idea as long as the box disappears when not in use. Also it would be useful if the dragons eat the food that is in their hoard, sort of an automatic feeding method this way their energy stays topped off if you're away for a few days.
[quote name="Shadowself" date=2017-12-21 17:38:52] I like the idea as long as the box disappears when not in use. Also it would be useful if the dragons eat the food that is in their hoard, sort of an automatic feeding method this way their energy stays topped off if you're away for a few days. [/quote] It would be a good idea if you could toggle this on and off though, cause otherwise I could see it being an issue because you know there's SOMEONE who is gonna want a hoard of edibles...
Shadowself wrote on 2017-12-21:

It would be a good idea if you could toggle this on and off though, cause otherwise I could see it being an issue because you know there's SOMEONE who is gonna want a hoard of edibles...
1 2 3 4