Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | The Bear Crisis
1 2 3 4 5
@Sherlocked
You aren't paying 80k for bear you're paying 80k for a token and another item which could be a bear. I'd seriously rather get a bear than one of those stupid crowns. At least the bear I can give to a newcomer who might not have one and they'd appreciate it

@Sherlocked
You aren't paying 80k for bear you're paying 80k for a token and another item which could be a bear. I'd seriously rather get a bear than one of those stupid crowns. At least the bear I can give to a newcomer who might not have one and they'd appreciate it

tumblr_inline_nebbd6PAZE1qmu9vp.png
I agree that dramatically reducing the chances of getting bears for NotN would have been another good option, but I see no issue putting them in the chests. It'll take time for Joxar's Chest to really be worth the investment beyond the prismatic token. Right now I see it as a good way to help newplayers get old festival stuff. As time goes on, all the extras we bought will be sold and they'll become harder to find. The chests allow a trickle of old items back in, that's it.

I would much rather get a bear over a skin. They never sell for anything and end up sitting in my vault cause I have no use for them.
I agree that dramatically reducing the chances of getting bears for NotN would have been another good option, but I see no issue putting them in the chests. It'll take time for Joxar's Chest to really be worth the investment beyond the prismatic token. Right now I see it as a good way to help newplayers get old festival stuff. As time goes on, all the extras we bought will be sold and they'll become harder to find. The chests allow a trickle of old items back in, that's it.

I would much rather get a bear over a skin. They never sell for anything and end up sitting in my vault cause I have no use for them.
Nobody wants to tell you why discipline is so important. Discipline is the strongest form of self-love. It is ignoring current pleasures for bigger rewards to come. It's loving yourself enough to give yourself everything you've ever wanted.
@Ygdrasill actually you aren't even doing that. If the bears are added to Joxar it would be a bonus chance so for 80,000 you are getting:
1 color variant or past holiday item. (guaranteed)
1 Prismatic Token (guaranteed)
1 chance at a past holiday skin from the June 2016 onward or a bear. (bonus chance, not in every chest!)
@Ygdrasill actually you aren't even doing that. If the bears are added to Joxar it would be a bonus chance so for 80,000 you are getting:
1 color variant or past holiday item. (guaranteed)
1 Prismatic Token (guaranteed)
1 chance at a past holiday skin from the June 2016 onward or a bear. (bonus chance, not in every chest!)
3DS Friend Code: 5300-9941-4980
#UnnamedIsValid .:. Nature Sales Thread .:. Strider Subspecies
The bears aren't actually going into the chests so not sure exactly what this suggestion is asking for. The chests will be as they are now for the exact same price.

They would be added as a "bonus chance item" so a bear or a recent fest skin would be FREE.
The bears aren't actually going into the chests so not sure exactly what this suggestion is asking for. The chests will be as they are now for the exact same price.

They would be added as a "bonus chance item" so a bear or a recent fest skin would be FREE.
Flight Rising: Where people spend thousands of gems to make dragons look pretty and then cover it all up with clothes and skins.
People can't read. In the poll thread, there are 1-2 replies each and every page saying things like "I don't want to spend 80kt and get only a bear". Even if they got corrected by others, it's much likely they've already cast their vote. I wonder how many people vote the stay NotN option for the same stupid reason.
People can't read. In the poll thread, there are 1-2 replies each and every page saying things like "I don't want to spend 80kt and get only a bear". Even if they got corrected by others, it's much likely they've already cast their vote. I wonder how many people vote the stay NotN option for the same stupid reason.
Just a heads-up: I usually delete the threads I made before it reaches 10 replies because I want to keep my forum history tidy.
[quote name="Subunit" date=2017-11-21 19:02:17] People can't read. In the poll thread, there are 1-2 replies each and every page saying things like "I don't want to spend 80kt and geto only a bear". Even if they got corrected by others, it's much likely they've already cast their vote. I wonder how many people vote the stay NotN option for the same stupid reason. [/quote] This is what I was thinking. People read only the first parts of the poll and don't see that it is a bonus item and cast their vote accordingly (or they read what they THINK it says, which I have been guilty of before for other things, and vote accordingly) I do think that the bears will probably stay in NotN because of this.
Subunit wrote on 2017-11-21:
People can't read. In the poll thread, there are 1-2 replies each and every page saying things like "I don't want to spend 80kt and geto only a bear". Even if they got corrected by others, it's much likely they've already cast their vote. I wonder how many people vote the stay NotN option for the same stupid reason.

This is what I was thinking. People read only the first parts of the poll and don't see that it is a bonus item and cast their vote accordingly (or they read what they THINK it says, which I have been guilty of before for other things, and vote accordingly)

I do think that the bears will probably stay in NotN because of this.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
[quote name="Jemadar" date=2017-11-21 19:06:55] [quote name="Subunit" date=2017-11-21 19:02:17] People can't read. In the poll thread, there are 1-2 replies each and every page saying things like "I don't want to spend 80kt and geto only a bear". Even if they got corrected by others, it's much likely they've already cast their vote. I wonder how many people vote the stay NotN option for the same stupid reason. [/quote] This is what I was thinking. People read only the first parts of the poll and don't see that it is a bonus item and cast their vote accordingly (or they read what they THINK it says, which I have been guilty of before for other things, and vote accordingly) I do think that the bears will probably stay in NotN because of this. [/quote] I would just like to point out that the part about the bears being a bonus wasn't on the main post until minutes after it was originally made. They only decided to go that route after receiving feedback from the posters. I, like many others, had already casted my vote based on what was originally presented which was simply that they would go into joxar's box. Unfortunately anyone who made their vote before this couldn't change it.
Jemadar wrote on 2017-11-21:
Subunit wrote on 2017-11-21:
People can't read. In the poll thread, there are 1-2 replies each and every page saying things like "I don't want to spend 80kt and geto only a bear". Even if they got corrected by others, it's much likely they've already cast their vote. I wonder how many people vote the stay NotN option for the same stupid reason.

This is what I was thinking. People read only the first parts of the poll and don't see that it is a bonus item and cast their vote accordingly (or they read what they THINK it says, which I have been guilty of before for other things, and vote accordingly)

I do think that the bears will probably stay in NotN because of this.

I would just like to point out that the part about the bears being a bonus wasn't on the main post until minutes after it was originally made. They only decided to go that route after receiving feedback from the posters.

I, like many others, had already casted my vote based on what was originally presented which was simply that they would go into joxar's box. Unfortunately anyone who made their vote before this couldn't change it.
I don't blame those early people at all.
But when I see the thread, it's already at page 20 or so, the original post had already been edited, yet we can still see a bunch of people voting for reasons that don't even exist, these people got absolutely no excuse. :\

To me the staff should have reset the poll at the moment they decide to alter the option content. The alternation no doubt affected many people's decision, it's unfair for them to change the poll content after people had already cast their vote. It's a huge mistake.

Man, I really wish we can see the poll count....
I don't blame those early people at all.
But when I see the thread, it's already at page 20 or so, the original post had already been edited, yet we can still see a bunch of people voting for reasons that don't even exist, these people got absolutely no excuse. :\

To me the staff should have reset the poll at the moment they decide to alter the option content. The alternation no doubt affected many people's decision, it's unfair for them to change the poll content after people had already cast their vote. It's a huge mistake.

Man, I really wish we can see the poll count....
Just a heads-up: I usually delete the threads I made before it reaches 10 replies because I want to keep my forum history tidy.
@Helbram

I wasn't talking about the first posters, I was confused at first until I came across the post from the Admins saying they changed it. I then understood (and somewhat agreed with them, though I feel that the bears, being Festival Familiars, do belong with Joxar and not NotN)

However, that isn't an excuse the others who are still posting the same sentiment AFTER it was changed have. Even on the last pages, well after the post and poll was changed, there are still people complaining about paying 80K and getting a bear only, etc..

Sadly, this also isn't unique to this situation. Too many times people only read the first parts of the paragraphs (or even posts) and ignore anything else (not just on FR).
@Helbram

I wasn't talking about the first posters, I was confused at first until I came across the post from the Admins saying they changed it. I then understood (and somewhat agreed with them, though I feel that the bears, being Festival Familiars, do belong with Joxar and not NotN)

However, that isn't an excuse the others who are still posting the same sentiment AFTER it was changed have. Even on the last pages, well after the post and poll was changed, there are still people complaining about paying 80K and getting a bear only, etc..

Sadly, this also isn't unique to this situation. Too many times people only read the first parts of the paragraphs (or even posts) and ignore anything else (not just on FR).

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
I really don't see what the problem is, whether the bears are in the main pool with the goblins, crowns, and recolors, or extra bonus chance items like the skins. None of the cycled items in the boxes is worth 80kT, and hardly any are even worth 55kT (the cost of the box minus the treasure cost of brewing a Prismatic Token). There's nothing special to be gained by opening a box except the thrill of opening a box. If you want a specific item, just buy it on the auction house or with a token. You'll never have to see a bear again.

Meanwhile, the items in NotN chests can ONLY be found by opening NotN chests. I for one would rather find Nocturne eggs and mimic familiars than Wavebreak Snarlers in mine.

If bears are added to the Joxar boxes, which I hope they are, I predict that within a few years they'll start to regain their value. Never as much as the sprites, obviously, and not this year, but five years from now? When there are thousands of players who have never experienced a bear-infested NotN, and older players are buying fewer Joxar boxes because they have enough tokens to buy as many Joxar-exclusive recolors as they want directly and already own everything else, and the number of cycled items being added to the game has died down to the trickle it was always intended to be? 50kT or more, for sure.
I really don't see what the problem is, whether the bears are in the main pool with the goblins, crowns, and recolors, or extra bonus chance items like the skins. None of the cycled items in the boxes is worth 80kT, and hardly any are even worth 55kT (the cost of the box minus the treasure cost of brewing a Prismatic Token). There's nothing special to be gained by opening a box except the thrill of opening a box. If you want a specific item, just buy it on the auction house or with a token. You'll never have to see a bear again.

Meanwhile, the items in NotN chests can ONLY be found by opening NotN chests. I for one would rather find Nocturne eggs and mimic familiars than Wavebreak Snarlers in mine.

If bears are added to the Joxar boxes, which I hope they are, I predict that within a few years they'll start to regain their value. Never as much as the sprites, obviously, and not this year, but five years from now? When there are thousands of players who have never experienced a bear-infested NotN, and older players are buying fewer Joxar boxes because they have enough tokens to buy as many Joxar-exclusive recolors as they want directly and already own everything else, and the number of cycled items being added to the game has died down to the trickle it was always intended to be? 50kT or more, for sure.
1 2 3 4 5