Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | The Bear Crisis
1 2 3 4 5
@Ismaiel

For one thing, it's vestigial. Festival items were unbrewable/unhoardsellable in the first place because they would retire, and destroying them would hasten their extinction. Aside from the 2013 stuff, that's no longer the case.
@Ismaiel

For one thing, it's vestigial. Festival items were unbrewable/unhoardsellable in the first place because they would retire, and destroying them would hasten their extinction. Aside from the 2013 stuff, that's no longer the case.
@raydelblau

If you ask for the festival items to be brewable that does include the ones that are retired - they are still festival items.
@raydelblau

If you ask for the festival items to be brewable that does include the ones that are retired - they are still festival items.
@raydelblau
Oops, I often forget pinging when I quote, sorry XD

I actually skimmed the announcement thread, and while older players were unhappy with the bears and asked to get rid of them/make them extremely rare, etc, there were quite a few players from 2017 and late 2016 that still wanted bears. As an old player, I do want the chances for old stuff to be minimized, as I have all of it, but since last NoN we've gained over 60k new accounts that don't have any bears unless they were bought or gifted. While not everyone collects familiars, it's still 1/6 of the existing accounts, and there will be even more by June - I do think that the bearpocalypse can and will be fixed eventually if the influx is low, and as a bonus item they'll have like 1% chance to appear (for any bear), which isn't that much :D

As for the skins... well, I'd love to be able to brew accents which would require melting some cheap skins for that, maybe they'll add the feature someday. But as of now... I ended up raffling mine in grab bags for 30kt, I couldn't sell them otherwise.

Honestly, nearly everything in JoxBox is cheap and mostly useless for older players, but it was made for newer players, so cycling things out might be upsetting for those who want a certain item and doesn't want to overpay for it. Idk. It's tricky, and seems impossible to make everyone happy as everyone wants different things from it.
@raydelblau
Oops, I often forget pinging when I quote, sorry XD

I actually skimmed the announcement thread, and while older players were unhappy with the bears and asked to get rid of them/make them extremely rare, etc, there were quite a few players from 2017 and late 2016 that still wanted bears. As an old player, I do want the chances for old stuff to be minimized, as I have all of it, but since last NoN we've gained over 60k new accounts that don't have any bears unless they were bought or gifted. While not everyone collects familiars, it's still 1/6 of the existing accounts, and there will be even more by June - I do think that the bearpocalypse can and will be fixed eventually if the influx is low, and as a bonus item they'll have like 1% chance to appear (for any bear), which isn't that much :D

As for the skins... well, I'd love to be able to brew accents which would require melting some cheap skins for that, maybe they'll add the feature someday. But as of now... I ended up raffling mine in grab bags for 30kt, I couldn't sell them otherwise.

Honestly, nearly everything in JoxBox is cheap and mostly useless for older players, but it was made for newer players, so cycling things out might be upsetting for those who want a certain item and doesn't want to overpay for it. Idk. It's tricky, and seems impossible to make everyone happy as everyone wants different things from it.
@Ismaiel

I kinda think it's implied in my previous post that 2013 items are an exception, but to clarify: 2013 items are an exception!
@Ismaiel

I kinda think it's implied in my previous post that 2013 items are an exception, but to clarify: 2013 items are an exception!
@Valemora

That's why I hadn't advocated for choking off supply altogether. The bears have a long, long, LONG way to go before they're in danger of becoming inaccessible to new players, let alone valuable at all; worrying about unobtainability seems at this point extremely premature. New players aren't screwed if bears (and subsequent fest items) cost a bit more than they do now. It seems like a decent compromise, especially so for the newer players who want items that are guaranteed to accrue (a reasonable amount of) value.

@Valemora

That's why I hadn't advocated for choking off supply altogether. The bears have a long, long, LONG way to go before they're in danger of becoming inaccessible to new players, let alone valuable at all; worrying about unobtainability seems at this point extremely premature. New players aren't screwed if bears (and subsequent fest items) cost a bit more than they do now. It seems like a decent compromise, especially so for the newer players who want items that are guaranteed to accrue (a reasonable amount of) value.

@raydelblau

What is with the other retired festival items not from 2013 then? And wouldn't it be a lot better/simpler to just say all cycled items? Instead of "All festival items but not these and not this and not that either"?
@raydelblau

What is with the other retired festival items not from 2013 then? And wouldn't it be a lot better/simpler to just say all cycled items? Instead of "All festival items but not these and not this and not that either"?
@Ismaiel

What do you want from me? To go back and edit the post??? I just clarified my original proposition to exclude retired fest items*, so yes, I guess that boils down to cycled items.

*If there're some after 2013, just assume I forgot about them.
@Ismaiel

What do you want from me? To go back and edit the post??? I just clarified my original proposition to exclude retired fest items*, so yes, I guess that boils down to cycled items.

[quote name="raydelblau" date=2017-11-21 11:05:27] *If there're some after 2013, just assume I forgot about them. [/quote] Ignoring the emblems which return each season: Everything from the 2013-2014 festival season is retired Everything except the bears from the 2014-2015 festival season is retired Everything except the crowns from the 2015-2016 festival season is retired Everything from the 2016-2017 and beyond festival seasons do not retire For some reason many players ignore or forget about the retired festival items that were not in the first cycle
raydelblau wrote on 2017-11-21:
Ignoring the emblems which return each season:
Everything from the 2013-2014 festival season is retired
Everything except the bears from the 2014-2015 festival season is retired
Everything except the crowns from the 2015-2016 festival season is retired
Everything from the 2016-2017 and beyond festival seasons do not retire

For some reason many players ignore or forget about the retired festival items that were not in the first cycle
3DS Friend Code: 5300-9941-4980
#UnnamedIsValid .:. Nature Sales Thread .:. Strider Subspecies
[quote name="DragonSage" date=2017-11-21 11:22:08] [quote name="raydelblau" date=2017-11-21 11:05:27] *If there're some after 2013, just assume I forgot about them. [/quote] Everything from the 2013-2014 festival season is retired Everything except the bears from the 2014-2015 festival season is retired Everything except the crowns from the 2015-2016 festival season is retired For some reason many players ignore or forget about the retired festival items that were not in the first cycle [/quote] @DragonSage Thank you for the reminder - people use "sprites/2013" as a euphemism for retired items so frequently that I must have taken up the habit myself. Hopefully folks can engage now with the reasoning of my suggestion rather than the details of its wording.
DragonSage wrote on 2017-11-21:
raydelblau wrote on 2017-11-21:
Everything from the 2013-2014 festival season is retired
Everything except the bears from the 2014-2015 festival season is retired
Everything except the crowns from the 2015-2016 festival season is retired

For some reason many players ignore or forget about the retired festival items that were not in the first cycle
@DragonSage
Thank you for the reminder - people use "sprites/2013" as a euphemism for retired items so frequently that I must have taken up the habit myself.

Hopefully folks can engage now with the reasoning of my suggestion rather than the details of its wording.
[quote name="wittykitsune" date=2017-11-21 07:02:49] Like Dragonsage said it is going to be a bonus pool like skins. You're not paying 80kt for just a bear a bear will be a possible EXTRA along with whatever item you get and the coin. [quote name="Undel" date=2017-11-20 21:00:11] Thanks for your feedback guys. We talked it over with the team and we do see how paying 80K and receiving an item that's been oversaturated in return could be a bit upsetting. As such, we're gonna change the poll option for if we do Joxar. If we do Joxar, all of the bears will go into the bonus-chance pool like a skin. So if you get a bear from Joxar, it'll be in addition to a past holiday item or recolor, not instead of. Editing main post and poll now to reflect that. :) [/quote] [/quote] I do t understand why people seem to have skipped over this in the announcement. Bears will just be a rare bonus like skins- they won't be taking the place of the recolors/old items
wittykitsune wrote on 2017-11-21:
Like Dragonsage said it is going to be a bonus pool like skins. You're not paying 80kt for just a bear a bear will be a possible EXTRA along with whatever item you get and the coin.
Undel wrote on 2017-11-20:
Thanks for your feedback guys.

We talked it over with the team and we do see how paying 80K and receiving an item that's been oversaturated in return could be a bit upsetting. As such, we're gonna change the poll option for if we do Joxar. If we do Joxar, all of the bears will go into the bonus-chance pool like a skin. So if you get a bear from Joxar, it'll be in addition to a past holiday item or recolor, not instead of.

Editing main post and poll now to reflect that. :)

I do t understand why people seem to have skipped over this in the announcement.
Bears will just be a rare bonus like skins- they won't be taking the place of the recolors/old items
giphy.gifmFaXmCJ.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gif

art shop banner
KkcUijP.png
old wc adopt gif
giphy.gif

Lewis link and G1 sales
goVYTQR.pngRsZjiBd.png

ghost hatchlings
TwEcIUG.png[/url] Ae0MsB2.png

Wishlist

B3w2s5h.jpg

Pixel Pearls

giphy.gif

SCP hatchery
1g9awbL.png
Click for Don't Starve/FR commissions! [TEMP CLOSED] (Casual collector of 6 digit dergs!)
vWYFQtR.png

wHRV9DG.jpg[/indent]
1 2 3 4 5